AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 00:38   Link #1441
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
Duel wielding returns and the girls become even more useless............

Wow I just realized that Blade Dance is one of the few series with a useless harem. Est doesn't count.
Well, the girls are already outclassed by their opponents in the first place. They're not bad by their peer's standard, but when they're facing elite assassins from the Convent...., there's really nothing they can do to compensate for the power and experience difference.

Useless harem, it's like the exact opposite of Infinite Stratos where the MC is comparatively weak (though by no fault of his own since he just started).
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 01:12   Link #1442
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Well, the girls are already outclassed by their opponents in the first place. They're not bad by their peer's standard, but when they're facing elite assassins from the Convent...., there's really nothing they can do to compensate for the power and experience difference.

Useless harem, it's like the exact opposite of Infinite Stratos where the MC is comparatively weak (though by no fault of his own since he just started).
Yeah IS's Ichika is actually a good comparisan to Kamito.

One is a terrible character the other is not. One actually trolls his harem the other gets bullied by his harem. One is mindnumbingly weak and stupid the other is experienced and skilled.

No cookies for understanding which one is which.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:06   Link #1443
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
yeah but kamito quickly panics the moment he realizes how easy it is, and how far its gone...

he basically dig's his own grave each time, and then regrets picking up the shovel.
Well that's true. but it's not his fault if the girls are like this .Also the problem is that he cant resist when he had the chance
Quote:

thats just the point... there should only be 1 hax'd dual sword wielder..
Otherwise the Hax'd version makes the non hax'd version seem small....
So for you because exist one more hax/better the other author can use the same type of character? I still think would be good to see Kamito use both of them .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
still... if Kamito could dual wield both Restia and Est by transforming them both to identical short blades and if his dominating skill returns.... oh god....
Well if he end to fight the 5 spirit king i think he really need this
But i do agree with what you say.
Quote:

One is a terrible character the other is not. One actually trolls his harem the other gets bullied by his harem. One is mindnumbingly weak and stupid the other is experienced and skilled.

I will be worry if some one don't understand wich one is which. But i agree with what you say ,at least from what i know.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 12:26   Link #1444
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Ichika is not mindnumbingly weak. Kamito is an experienced assassin, Ichika had no prior experience of piloting ISes prior to entering the academy. And, Ichika would have beaten both Cecilia and Rin during their 1 vs 1, had it not for Byaku Shiki being a defective machine and by the Golem invasion.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:21   Link #1445
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Ichika is not mindnumbingly weak. Kamito is an experienced assassin, Ichika had no prior experience of piloting ISes prior to entering the academy. And, Ichika would have beaten both Cecilia and Rin during their 1 vs 1, had it not for Byaku Shiki being a defective machine and by the Golem invasion.
ummmmm

your mistaken here..

Ichika can never beat Chifuya Sensei.
Where as Kamito has exceed his teachers, and everyone arround him to earn the title
"The strongest Blade Dancer" Ren Ashfall.

There 2 worlds appart yo..

Layfon is a better comparison from CSR. The Ex-Heavenly Blade Owner Layfon... and the Previous Strongest Blade Dancer Ren Ashfall.
They both are trying to hide a secret that they are kinda HAX'd when they go all out.

Also Ichika could never pull a S on the girls.
While as Kamito tries every chance he gets, however ends up regretting the option he took every time.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 13:58   Link #1446
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
ummmmm

your mistaken here..

Where as Kamito has exceed his teachers, and everyone arround him to earn the title

As blitz said, that's because Kamito has previous experience, while Ichika is a total noob. It's unfair to compare them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 14:01   Link #1447
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
ummmmm

your mistaken here..

Layfon is a better comparison from CSR. The Ex-Heavenly Blade Owner Layfon... and the Previous Strongest Blade Dancer Ren Ashfall.
They both are trying to hide a secret that they are kinda HAX'd when they go all out.

Also Ichika could never pull a S on the girls.
While as Kamito tries every chance he gets, however ends up regretting the option he took every time.
Well he still isn't stronger than the principle yet, is he??
Old 2012-05-16, 16:42   Link #1448
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
at his peak with restia, id say he'd give her a hell of a fight.
If you think about it... Kamito was trained to take out people like Greyheart.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 16:49   Link #1449
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
As blitz said, that's because Kamito has previous experience, while Ichika is a total noob. It's unfair to compare them.
However once Ichika starts piloting he actually becomes percieved as weaker. His most impressive feat was matching Cellica in volume 1. It all goes downhill from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Duelwielding Est and Restia he should be stronger. The principle is top tier though. Easily one of the strongest characters in the series.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:10   Link #1450
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There was a reason why Greyworth was called the Duskwitch. Usually a title given to a Spirit Contractor means someone strong. As well she was ranked number 1 among the Spirit Knight Generals, the higher the number the higher the strength and power among them. From what we know, she taught Kamito how to clean, cook, and basically everything he knows. I am pretty sure he didn't learn how to cook and clean while living in a institution for Assassins. Other than basic necessities, Greyworth taught Kamito some of her skills. Another thing I might add, for a Middle Age women she pretty much beat every girl in the academy in terms of beauty and voluptuous.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:21   Link #1451
whsie

The Duskwitch also taught Kamito the 16 Consecutive Strikes he unveiled in volume 6. If there is going to be any area where Kamito is better it's his spirit (assuming it's un-nerfed). Skill and experience wise, the Duskwitch has the heads up on Kamito.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:26   Link #1452
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well considering she is still feared after her 10 years of her retirement shows what she is really capable of. That 16 Consecutive Strikes is very impressive, she may have been a Sword Wielder like Kamito in the past. I wonder is she using Magic to keep her age around 20 or is it natural that she looks that way even though she may be over 30.
Old 2012-05-16, 17:45   Link #1453
PCheshire
Epitome of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well considering she is still feared after her 10 years of her retirement shows what she is really capable of. That 16 Consecutive Strikes is very impressive, she may have been a Sword Wielder like Kamito in the past. I wonder is she using Magic to keep her age around 20 or is it natural that she looks that way even though she may be over 30.
I suggest magic!! xD(like lucretia in Campione)
PCheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 17:52   Link #1454
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
However once Ichika starts piloting he actually becomes percieved as weaker. His most impressive feat was matching Cellica in volume 1. It all goes downhill from there.
That's a harsh way to put it. When he fights after that, it was against stronger opponents after all. I thought he did fairly well, considering his lack of experience.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 19:40   Link #1455
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Lets stay on this Novel, both are different Novels despite sharing some similarities. Out of the two Protagonist I prefer Kamito, he actually has a set of ***** than Ichika. I wonder how would Kamito look like if he cross dress again? Here is what he looked like 3 years.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-05-16 at 19:52.
Old 2012-05-16, 20:14   Link #1456
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Lets stay on this Novel, both are different Novels despite sharing some similarities. Out of the two Protagonist I prefer Kamito, he actually has a set of ***** than Ichika. I wonder how would Kamito look like if he cross dress again? Here is what he looked like 3 years.
Is that really him? I guess he would make a miko. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 20:26   Link #1457
Athena
The Power of One

Blitz, don't make me step in the world-of-no-return.

Ichika and Kamito? Hell, honestly, I sure don't want to choose between them. The thing is that they are different types of characters , and I don't want to judge any of them consider to another. If you compare Ichika to another not-so-strong dude with some personalities in common, there'd maybe be a discussion. Same with Kamito. But the thing is that they're different. Just like I won't compare a gundam with a witch's familiar.

But at the same time, as an argument for Ichika, you can say that he managed to get surrounded by people who are quite intelligent and awesome, whereas Kamito could've ha better people with him (though I still like the seven six main girls).
Old 2012-05-16, 20:31   Link #1458
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Blitz, yeah that is him. If you look at the seal on his hand, it happened to be the seal of Restia where currently it is not suppose to be there. That is the cover of vol 7 and the volume that will fill us all or most of the mysteries surrounding Kamito and Restia's past.
Old 2012-05-16, 20:53   Link #1459
Athena
The Power of One

I wonder if Kamito's gonna get a third seal someday.
Old 2012-05-16, 20:56   Link #1460
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Don't know about that Kira, I don't see any other Spirits contracting with Kamito other than Est and Restia. There is a lot of debate that we might see Kamito dual wielding Est and Restia. Also from a Chinese Spoiler I read from, it stated that the end of vol 6 Restia went back to Kamito. Sounds to good to be true and it isn't the first time the Chinese Spoilers were wrong prime example was the things in vol 12 of High School DXD.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap