AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 05:41   Link #121
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Finally started reading the available fanfics on FF.net and I must say, they are quite the enjoyable read. My insatiable appetite for more SAO content has started to be whetted. :3

And I really like the premise of SAO: From the Outside. I truly am curious as to the real world impact of the SAO incident. Outside of the author's vague descriptions.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 08:00   Link #122
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Finally started reading the available fanfics on FF.net and I must say, they are quite the enjoyable read. My insatiable appetite for more SAO content has started to be whetted. :3

And I really like the premise of SAO: From the Outside. I truly am curious as to the real world impact of the SAO incident. Outside of the author's vague descriptions.
IMHO Fairy's Dance usually solves most of the RL problems...

Also, I think it's easy to say: expect more fanfic content when the new PSP game comes out. I hope it has some detailed content on the floors, or else I'll make Reki commit..........to writing the Progressive novels.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 15:33   Link #123
John117xCortana

Any recommendations for good SAO fanfics with the Kirito x Asuna pairing ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 11:19   Link #124
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Any recommendations for good SAO fanfics with the Kirito x Asuna pairing ?
Maybe you should try this one. It takes place when Kirito is 22 years old, and it vaguely references the events of certain events that took place in Volume 9, so you should try to be familiar with it. There is only one chapter so far, but I think you might like it and look forward to future chapters.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8583965/1/
Knowledgeseeker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 22:27   Link #125
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

It's been awhile since visited this...
Anyways, what if...
Spoiler for Random Idea:
Old 2012-10-27, 23:17   Link #126
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
It's been awhile since visited this...
Anyways, what if...
Spoiler for Random Idea:
That's a place where his "Fastest Reflexes" and...

Spoiler for ability gained in LN:

... will serve him VERY well.

And he'll build the strongest battle harem ever, of course.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 01:28   Link #127
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

But don't forget... Gensokyo grinds common sense down.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:37   Link #128
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

Here is a link to my own fanfiction. I hope you like the first chapter. There are plenty more to come.

It is called, "Fairy Dance Alternate." As you can guess based on the title, it is a story regarding an alternate version of the Fairy Dance Arc where Kirito is the one that is trapped in ALO rather than Asuna. There will be plenty of similarities and differences to how the events will play out.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8698378/...ance-Alternate
Knowledgeseeker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 15:03   Link #129
Divini
Senpai!

I've also started my own fanfiction. The link is HERE, and it's also in my sig below.

It's aptly titled "The One Ultimate Way" as its based on the non-canon SS "There is but One Ultimate Way", which is my own take on how that side story continues. The pairing is obviously, KiritoxHarem.

Since the setting is post-Alicization; the fanfic, of course, will contain spoilers up to that point.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 10:48   Link #130
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeseeker01 View Post
Here is a link to my own fanfiction. I hope you like the first chapter. There are plenty more to come.

It is called, "Fairy Dance Alternate." As you can guess based on the title, it is a story regarding an alternate version of the Fairy Dance Arc where Kirito is the one that is trapped in ALO rather than Asuna. There will be plenty of similarities and differences to how the events will play out.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8698378/...ance-Alternate
I love your work on Of Science and Magics: The Side Stories and i hope this fanfic is good as well. And hopefully, it helps your writer's block for Of Science and Magics: The Side Stories.
Old 2012-11-19, 12:34   Link #131
Asuras
Dictadere~!

So it may be crazy, but I'm thinking of doing a SAOxDark Souls crossover. It will be terrible fun. >
Old 2012-11-20, 06:12   Link #132
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ That's harsh, Sword Art Online is at least doable.

Dark Sould on the other hand...
Old 2012-11-20, 08:06   Link #133
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok that's overkill. I doubt anyone can survive the Demon/Dark Soul universe without dying.
Old 2012-11-21, 09:37   Link #134
novalysis

I came out with this on the fly, in response to a rather angry rant over at an anime blog about SAO (Nothing surprising there.)

Someone suggested how SAO might have looked like if Sugha had been trapped along with Kirito in SAO. (Which requires quite a few backstory changes, and I am seriously wondering how to get something like that done).

Amping it one step further, I thought of a SAO fic, where, (given how trap like Kirito can be at times), a female Kiriko is trapped with her imouto in the SAO Aincrad Death Game.....

Take the "two sisters" pairing concept in certain fantasy, and explore a story from those eyes.....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 19:07   Link #135
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I came out with this on the fly, in response to a rather angry rant over at an anime blog about SAO (Nothing surprising there.)

Someone suggested how SAO might have looked like if Sugha had been trapped along with Kirito in SAO. (Which requires quite a few backstory changes, and I am seriously wondering how to get something like that done).

Amping it one step further, I thought of a SAO fic, where, (given how trap like Kirito can be at times), a female Kiriko is trapped with her imouto in the SAO Aincrad Death Game.....

Take the "two sisters" pairing concept in certain fantasy, and explore a story from those eyes.....
Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2012-11-22, 15:08   Link #136
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Thanks for the positive review. As for SAO: FTO, I'm sorry I couldn't update, real life keeps getting in the way. Also, this will be a while in the future of the fic, I think I'll have one of my characters, Shinichiro "Sachi's onii-chan" Matsuoka run into one of the canon cast irl at some point after the SAO incident. Saying any more would be spoilers.

Any, he'll probably run into Kirito, but also, I was thinking of pairing, or more like implying a pairing as this will be in the epilogue- him with one of the canon girls. I was thinking Sinon (the reason should be obvious to those who read the latest chapter). Note that this will be at least five years after the incident (again, saying any more would be spoilers), so the age difference between the two would be less of an issue.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 08:08   Link #137
novalysis

Anyway, after trawling the Little Busters forums, something rather interesting pop up in my head. Given the events of Alicization, it seems alarmingly possible to create a seeming SAO AU, where Kirito is a Harem protagonist in a school setting, complete with routes for each of his haremettes.

Now, with each arc, there are subtle hints that the entire setting is in a simulated reality. Gradually, as more of the plot is uncovered, as each route is cleared, Kirito starts dreaming of memories of another life altogether.

After clearing the initial loops (Argo the Rat, Saachi (which is quite an abstract route), Scilla, Lizbeth and possibly Suguha (the cousin route, more strictly platonic)), the Asuna route is unlocked, and at the end of the Asuna route, Kirito discovers the truth:

Spoiler for Truth:

With that, the Administrator proceeds to Mind-wipe Kirito.

This triggers another set of routes. Suguha (or a second iteration of the route with a more romantic focus) , Sinon, Yuuki (there are subtle inconsistencies) , Yui (mindscrew route), Alice, Ronnie (chronologically, the latest, calender wise) and finally Asuna II. As early as the Yuuki route, hints towards the second layer of the secret of the Simulated Reality.

At the end of the Asuna II route, you learn that
Spoiler for Ending:

And so ends my proposal for a VN Style story to the SAO world with Kirito as the protagonist, that is also set in the SAO world itself, at some undetermined date after Underworld.
Old 2012-11-26, 08:57   Link #138
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa. Somebody actually did a SAO Demon Souls fanfic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8726144/1/Boleteria
Old 2012-11-26, 09:01   Link #139
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Anyway, after trawling the Little Busters forums, something rather interesting pop up in my head. Given the events of Alicization, it seems alarmingly possible to create a seeming SAO AU, where Kirito is a Harem protagonist in a school setting, complete with routes for each of his haremettes.

Now, with each arc, there are subtle hints that the entire setting is in a simulated reality. Gradually, as more of the plot is uncovered, as each route is cleared, Kirito starts dreaming of memories of another life altogether.

After clearing the initial loops (Argo the Rat, Saachi (which is quite an abstract route), Scilla, Lizbeth and possibly Suguha (the cousin route, more strictly platonic)), the Asuna route is unlocked, and at the end of the Asuna route, Kirito discovers the truth:

Spoiler for Truth:

With that, the Administrator proceeds to Mind-wipe Kirito.

This triggers another set of routes. Suguha (or a second iteration of the route with a more romantic focus) , Sinon, Yuuki (there are subtle inconsistencies) , Yui (mindscrew route), Alice, Ronnie (chronologically, the latest, calender wise) and finally Asuna II. As early as the Yuuki route, hints towards the second layer of the secret of the Simulated Reality.

At the end of the Asuna II route, you learn that
Spoiler for Ending:

And so ends my proposal for a VN Style story to the SAO world with Kirito as the protagonist, that is also set in the SAO world itself, at some undetermined date after Underworld.
So... It's like a game in a game. Inception-tier Mind=blown material here.
Old 2012-11-26, 09:31   Link #140
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So... It's like a game in a game. Inception-tier Mind=blown material here.
A VN Game that does not appear to be a game at first and is indeed more than just a game, more precisely.:heh

With Inception Horns blaring for Ten Hours as it's theme song.

Tags
discussion, fanfiction