Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-06, 15:10   Link #121
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
what's that famous Japanese site that sells gundam models?
www.hlj.com

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 16:04   Link #122
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

That SAVIOUR is wicked. one of my favorite gundams. And the Zaku is sweet. I'm starting to think maybe I should start buying some of these.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 16:16   Link #123
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Dark Freedom is DAMN sexy
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 16:58   Link #124
_X12A_Testament

WOW~!

What is the link to the website with all these repaints? I would love to see all of em. Dark Freedom looks awesome, and reminds me how much I like the original freedom's head compared to SF.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 17:33   Link #125
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X12A_Testament
WOW~!

What is the link to the website with all these repaints? I would love to see all of em. Dark Freedom looks awesome, and reminds me how much I like the original freedom's head compared to SF.
Courtesy from G-Custom

http://gcustom.fc2web.com/

- Tak (Yes, I am creaming my pants right now just looking at the models)
Old 2006-09-07, 08:36   Link #126
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
That is why you give it a custom paint job
Yes, both the Destiny and that version of SF showcases excellent uses of gold - it looks neither tacky nor incredibly shitty.

But that second one isn't SF. It's Freedom, the Nanoha Innocent Starter Freedom. How could you make a mistake such as that!? :O
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 09:18   Link #127
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
But that second one isn't SF. It's Freedom, the Nanoha Innocent Starter Freedom. How could you make a mistake such as that!? :O
Ah, but I didn't call it a SF I designated it as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
I consider the Destiny to be among his best works. Next to G-Custom Freedom

He managed to make both Gundams look sinister, not an easy feat, mind you.

- Tak (and its obvious, my favorite color is black)
See?

Never falter before DEFAULT COLORS! Be creative!

- Tak (That, and both the Destiny, as well as the Strike Freedom shown were both modified versions of the original MG Freedom anyway )
Old 2006-09-07, 14:58   Link #128
tritoch

zomg...

those are awesome awesome ness
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 00:52   Link #129
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Thats not true. The Strike Rouge is not obsolete, it's a upgrade of the old strike. I don't see why you would say Zaku's and Gouf's are better then it. The Strike Rough is the exact same thing as the Force Impulse. It has the same weapons and every thing. It can fly to. It has a riffle, Saber and shield. the Same weapons as Shinn uses to pwn shit...Kira should have been able to trash those grunts the same way Shinn does. The Strike Rough is just as mobil as the Impuse..just look at that move Kira did in it. I think if that was Shinn or even Athrun those grunts would have been trashed.
Not.

The Outframe with the G-Flight pack could barely keep up with the Force Impulse.
The Impulse is definitely superior to the Strike(Rouge) in any way.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 00:59   Link #130
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis

The Outframe with the G-Flight pack could barely keep up with the Force Impulse.
When was this? It looked just as fast as the Impulse when Kira was in it doing 360's and Shit. That move he did was just as fast as anything the Impulse has done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis
The Impulse is definitely superior to the Strike(Rouge) in any way.
How is the Force Impulse better then the Strike Rough? They have the same weapons, same PSA ect....Kira just got his ass kicked. If he was in the Force Impulse the same thing would have happend.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 01:07   Link #131
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
When was this? It looked just as fast as the Impulse when Kira was in it doing 360's and Shit. That move he did was just as fast as anything the Impulse has done.
Keyword = looked.

Specifically, Strike Rouge/Strike is lousier than a Dagger L and Windam.

Quote:
How is the Force Impulse better then the Strike Rough? They have the same weapons, same PSA ect....Kira just got his ass kicked. If he was in the Force Impulse the same thing would have happend.
The overall performance, thruster output, weapons output, superior battery.

Two cars can look exactly the same but have differing performance. Same with Strike/Impulse.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 04:21   Link #132
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

True Impulse is heavily based on the original Strike but it has better defense (solid shield) and the Phase Shift is different it's VPS and it has the deuterion beam to recharge itself and also the ability to seperate itself gives a huge advantage and having spare parts at hand makes it definitely superior to Strike and Strike Rouge
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 22:51   Link #133
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigtengale
The overall performance, thruster output, weapons output, superior battery.

Two cars can look exactly the same but have differing performance. Same with Strike/Impulse.
And potentially, a better fire control system, better sensors, a better communications suite, superior ergonomics, and the list goes on. I would have said "easier to maintain" as well, but Impulse is probably the most complicated mobile suit in Destiny, and hence the most difficult to maintain as well.

As an aside, I've been wondering about the designation of Gundams as "prototypes". I don't think that the label really fits since "prototype" infers that that particular design is meant to be mass-produced. Since this is untrue for just about every Gundam, perhaps a better designation would be either "technology demonstrator" or "proof of concept" like the Su-37 or X-29. On a similar note, the DOM Troopers should probably be called limited production models.
Old 2006-09-09, 23:35   Link #134
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'd argue that Strike is a Gundam that was actually mass-produced.

All Dagger series post-Strike Dagger are essentially Strikes with cheaper heads, better armouring due to PS being useless in a beam-dominated warzone, longer battery time, etc.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 23:43   Link #135
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

At few of the G-Weapons were sort of mass-produced...

Like you said, the one's like the Dagger, Dagger L, Windam and such that had the flight packs and/or could use Striker Packs were essentially MP Strikes.

Buster Dagger. Of course, only 1 is known to have been used.
Duel Dagger/Long Dagger
Deep Forbidden/Forbidden Vortex/Forbidden Blue
Wild Dagger
N Dagger
M1 Astray and Murasame were like MP Astray Gundams...

....and so on and so forth. In terms of MSG, I even usually thought before that GM meant "Gundam Miniature"
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 00:19   Link #136
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I'd argue that Strike is a Gundam that was actually mass-produced.

All Dagger series post-Strike Dagger are essentially Strikes with cheaper heads, better armouring due to PS being useless in a beam-dominated warzone, longer battery time, etc.
There's a bit of room for interpretation here, but to my mind, a prototype designation would mean that the production model would be built according to the same specs. This would be similar in concept to the "first in class" idea that naval vessels use.

Strike's claims to fame were its striker packs, phase shift armor, and the GUNDAM OS. As far as I can tell, the Strike Daggers only incorporated the first of these technologies, which means that the other technologies were considered inappropriate (for whatever reason) for mass-production. This means that while Strike may have been meant as a preliminary prototype of sorts, it ended up as a technology test platform. The true prototype would actually be whatever Strike Dagger they first ended up building.

I'd also argue that phase-shift armor is an extremely useful technology. Even the in-universe designers seem to agree since they decided to incorporate it into many of their technology demonstrators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
....and so on and so forth. In terms of MSG, I even usually thought before that GM meant "Gundam Miniature"
I'm not sure if you're aware, but GM stands for "Gundam Mass-Produced". I think that the relationship that exists between Strike and the Strike Daggers is the same as that between the RX-78 and the GMs. The final product is different enough from the original that the term prototype no longer applies.

As an aside, I originally thought that GM actually referred to General Motors! It's not really my fault since I originally came across Gundam in the form of the novels (and I only read the third one at that).
Old 2006-09-10, 00:22   Link #137
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, I've known for a while it meant "Gundam Mass Production" and such, but when I first saw it and saw the "mass production" part and how it was basically a simplified Gundam, I kept thinking "Gundam Miniature", lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 02:48   Link #138
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe "Concept MS" would fit the bill. Concept cars are not really meant to be mass produced, they're just made to test technologies and designs. And show them off.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 03:15   Link #139
tritoch

Benchmarks.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 06:38   Link #140
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I think that they are supposed to be mass-produced, but the hero complex together with an in-universe reason (too costly, advanced et cetera) is generally why they're not.

The Strike was a prototype, the Strike Dagger was a much simplified design based on the frame, and the 105 Dagger was the real mass-production version.

Quote:
perhaps a better designation would be either "technology demonstrator" or "proof of concept" like the Su-37
Sure you're not thinking of the S-37A/Su-47? The Su-37 was an improved Su-35, and both of these planes are mass-production prototypes, but the Su-35 has entered limited production.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote