AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 07:00   Link #1001
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I'll have to wait for the translation but I'm beginning to see the motivations behind Grace et al and Bilrer.

Bilrer said his dream is to make the galaxy a smaller place using Fold Quartz. Like the new LAI booster and instant communication.
Bringing the children of the Protoculture together.

Now what did the Protoculture could not achive in their 500,000 years of history?

Unity and Peace.

In Macross Plus and VFX-2 there are still colony disputes, rogue Zentradi, worst a coup attempt.

Humanity is mearely taking the same footsteps as the failed Stellar Republic.

As Linderman in the show Heroes said to Nathan. People need hope but it is fear they trust fear. This tragedy will rally the people in a united sense of hope under united sense of fear.

Macross Galaxy is using the Vajra to create fear and establish themselves to guide civilization.
Xenocide sounds like a more practical approach.
Old 2008-07-25, 08:49   Link #1002
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Quote:
I'll have to wait for the translation but I'm beginning to see the motivations behind Grace et al and Bilrer.

Now what did the Protoculture could not achive in their 500,000 years of history?

Unity and Peace.

Macross Galaxy is using the Vajra to create fear and establish themselves to guide civilization.
Makes sense to me, you can unify people temporarily through fear but after the threat is removed, it always turns on itself. *cue music* But to create a lasting peace there must be a common ground *cue huge battle*. We're only different if we can't see what we have in common. *Idols enter stage left* Please listen to our song. *Duet on cue*
Old 2008-07-26, 01:44   Link #1003
Uncreative
Just an idea

I've got this idea from the MT forums . It seems that the purple crystals (Sheryl's earring, Brila's ring, the family pictre frame) are connected to the vajira.

Although all the action seems to be focused on the Vajira as a living weapon but what if that's not the real case. What if thew whole research on the Vajra done in Global and galaxy was for the propose of obtaining these crystals. The purple crystals are a product of the Vajra like honey from bees. These can be used to overcome the fold dislocation to spread anima spirita (Alto can hear Sheryl's song at ep 7). The experiments in Global and Galaxy tried to control the Vajira and harvest the crystal. However, these creatures are actually somewhat sentient and refuse to be enslaved (or simply aren't suited well to animal husbandry).

Grace's fraction wishes to control the supply of this crystal hence giving them complete dominance over all intergalactic trade and communication. If Richard Birla’s goal is to open up the galaxy, he might be at odds with a single fraction gaining a monopoly hence future conflict with SMS.
Old 2008-07-26, 05:32   Link #1004
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreative View Post
I've got this idea from the MT forums . It seems that the purple crystals (Sheryl's earring, Brila's ring, the family pictre frame) are connected to the vajira.

Although all the action seems to be focused on the Vajira as a living weapon but what if that's not the real case. What if thew whole research on the Vajra done in Global and galaxy was for the propose of obtaining these crystals. The purple crystals are a product of the Vajra like honey from bees. These can be used to overcome the fold dislocation to spread anima spirita (Alto can hear Sheryl's song at ep 7). The experiments in Global and Galaxy tried to control the Vajira and harvest the crystal. However, these creatures are actually somewhat sentient and refuse to be enslaved (or simply aren't suited well to animal husbandry).

Grace's fraction wishes to control the supply of this crystal hence giving them complete dominance over all intergalactic trade and communication. If Richard Birla’s goal is to open up the galaxy, he might be at odds with a single fraction gaining a monopoly hence future conflict with SMS.

It's called Fold Quartz in episode 16.

In another thread, people were saying that the VF-27 was made by LAI (forgot where). That's not true at all. VF-27 was made by Galaxy. Leon just used the VF-27 specs as a bargaining chip with LAI. The point of all this, is that when Alto was hunting down Vajra specimens, the bridge bunnies mentioned about researching. Then Bilra mentioned Fold Quartz to Alto and their relation to the Vajra's. I'm guessing that the LAI is going to create a new and more powerful VF by combining the blueprint of the VF-27 and a fold reactor. So say goodbye to the old fold booster attachment.

Maybe something happens to Ranka later on, and Alto takes the experimental plane out to save her?
Old 2008-07-26, 05:33   Link #1005
magnuskn

So, after reviewing the little episode spoilers we got in my head, I think I can predict a bit of how the next three episodes will progress in regards to Sheryl.

Spoiler for Predictions:

I´m not saying that those speculations are necessarily becoming true, but they seem to me a logical progression from where we are at this moment.
Old 2008-07-26, 06:16   Link #1006
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
It's called Fold Quartz in episode 16.

In another thread, people were saying that the VF-27 was made by LAI (forgot where). That's not true at all. VF-27 was made by Galaxy. Leon just used the VF-27 specs as a bargaining chip with LAI. The point of all this, is that when Alto was hunting down Vajra specimens, the bridge bunnies mentioned about researching. Then Bilra mentioned Fold Quartz to Alto and their relation to the Vajra's. I'm guessing that the LAI is going to create a new and more powerful VF by combining the blueprint of the VF-27 and a fold reactor. So say goodbye to the old fold booster attachment.

Maybe something happens to Ranka later on, and Alto takes the experimental plane out to save her?
Actually we were saying that both the VF-25 and VF-27 were based on the YF-24.

Spoiler for VF-25F, VF-25S, VF-25G, RVF-25 and VF-27:

Look at the torso. Same parts.

The dimension eater by Grace had LAI written on it.

Now since Galaxy is a multi-corporation venture LAI could have a division there also and developed the VF-27 on their own while Frontier's LAI developed the VF-25 variants.

Which isn' t strange since Macross 7 built their own variant of the VF-11 Thunderbolt, Jamming Bird, a two seater with PBB and sound boosters. Also the customs VF-19 Excalibur Kai or Fire Valkyrie, VF-11MAXL and VF-17T Kai.

The VF-25 was built as an all purpose operational fighter along the lines of the VF-1 which can attach Fast Packs and wear Full Armor.

While the VF-27 is built as a special operations stealth fighter along the lines of the YF-19 and YF-21.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2008-07-26 at 06:28.
Old 2008-07-26, 07:12   Link #1007
Tabris

Anone think the big purple thing in the middle of a Vajra battleship is a giant fold quartz?
Old 2008-07-26, 07:17   Link #1008
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Anone think the big purple thing in the middle of a Vajra battleship is a giant fold quartz?
Luca said it's energy readings isn't a beam emitter but a fold reactor.

Yes it is.
Old 2008-07-26, 10:43   Link #1009
March

Quote:
Actually we were saying that both the VF-25 and VF-27 were based on the YF-24.

Look at the torso. Same parts.

Now since Galaxy is a multi-corporation venture LAI could have a division there also and developed the VF-27 on their own while Frontier's LAI developed the VF-25 variants.

Which isn' t strange since Macross 7 built their own variant of the VF-11 Thunderbolt, Jamming Bird, a two seater with PBB and sound boosters. Also the customs VF-19 Excalibur Kai or Fire Valkyrie, VF-11MAXL and VF-17T Kai.

The VF-25 was built as an all purpose operational fighter along the lines of the VF-1 which can attach Fast Packs and wear Full Armor.

While the VF-27 is built as a special operations stealth fighter along the lines of the YF-19 and YF-21.
I mostly agree, but I don't think it's accurate to call the VF-25 and VF-27 variants. Yes, they were both based of the YF-24, but both are described as true next generation craft in their own right and not variants of the YF-24.

From what was said in the show so far, it sounds as though the Macross Galaxy fleet made a bunch of variable fighter breakthroughs and created a craft far superior to the YF-24 (which itself was to be the next generation valkyrie). They then had fully cybernetic pilots and cyberspace virtual cockpits and figured they had a fighter that was going to stomp all over anything LAI was building based on the YF-24.

Problem seems to be that LAI was too innovative and they built a variable fighter that was also far superior to the YF-24; the VF-25 Messiah. Though the Messiah is more a general purpose craft, it seems clear that Grace and her cohorts from Macross Galaxy never expected the VF-25 Messiah, or the SMS for that matter, to be such an effective fighting force compared to their darling VF-27.

At least, that's my take on it.

Also, just to note, the VF-11C Thunderbolt wasn't unique to the Macross 7 Fleet. All Thunderbolts operating in the 2040s were upgraded to VF-11C variants, not just those on the Macross 7 Fleet. In fact the fiction clearly states that the first VF-11B Thunderbolt squadron received upgrade to the VF-11C first, before any Macross 7 fighters were upgraded. Minor trivia, but just thought I'd mention it.
Old 2008-07-26, 21:12   Link #1010
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
So, after reviewing the little episode spoilers we got in my head, I think I can predict a bit of how the next three episodes will progress in regards to Sheryl.

Spoiler for Predictions:

I´m not saying that those speculations are necessarily becoming true, but they seem to me a logical progression from where we are at this moment.
Spoiler for prediction talk:
Old 2008-07-26, 21:26   Link #1011
ReddyRedWolf

Just downloaded the gg sub with the new Aimo lyrics

Ring the bell of victory now, For this star anew.

Raise high our banner now, For this God's new land.

Onward, Frontier embrace our unity with head held up high.

Soar, Frontier awaken the power that yet sleeps.

Carrying the thunderbolt in your hands, advance!

Build here again our home of old!

If these lyrics have any significance to Galaxy's plans it contains the intention of unifying all of the Protoculture's children at the cost of the Vajra.

While the normal Aimo lyrics is more on harmony and coexistence.

Galaxy intends to create a new Stellar Republic.

Which is a far more ambitious than Bilrer's dream of creating a transportation version of the Galaxy Network.
Old 2008-07-26, 21:36   Link #1012
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Periodically those of us on the internet gets the admonished about not relying on Wikipeidia too much. Some times inaccurate information do get on it, but I am saddened to see it showing up in the Macross Frontier page.

Spoiler:

Old 2008-07-26, 21:45   Link #1013
Westlo
Lets be reality

lmao at 21...
Old 2008-07-26, 22:18   Link #1014
Tabris

I remember seeing that a few days ago and laughing. I loved it.
Old 2008-07-26, 22:47   Link #1015
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Periodically those of us on the internet gets the admonished about not relying on Wikipeidia too much. Some times inaccurate information do get on it, but I am saddened to see it showing up in the Macross Frontier page.

Spoiler:

ROTFLMAO!!

That is too rich!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-26, 23:27   Link #1016
Prov1

I just looked at it, kind of was liek what? Refreshed the page, and it changed. The ranka dies thing is gone. So sad, how can Sheryl stop singing!!! Sheryl needs to sing!!! Diamond Crevasse needs to be heard
Old 2008-07-26, 23:46   Link #1017
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
The ranka dies thing is gone.
Well, someone probably edited it out once the mistake got highlighted. :-) That's why I took a screen cap to immortalize it.

Edit: Actually, after looking at the Wiki episode synopsis again, I couldn't stand the inaccuracies and edited episode 1-16 myself <lol>.

Last edited by Darial; 2008-07-27 at 01:25.
Old 2008-07-27, 02:26   Link #1018
stray
Classic Yandere

Bahahahaha... wishful thinking on someone's part maybe?

Usually some people from MW translate them and throw them up there... although being wiki, it's fair game.
Old 2008-07-27, 02:44   Link #1019
MaiHikari

LOL. I think somebody was getting annoyed with Ranka and tried to kill her off on Wiki...hoping Kawamori would somehow get the message.
Old 2008-07-27, 03:16   Link #1020
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post

Spoiler:

Do we even have credible sources for 19 onwards at all?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers