Vash002
Ready to Boast

Spoiler for Ch 231:

We need more Anya or Chao... ;__;
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 14:03   Link #2343
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Donnet mcGuinneis ... not Fate's Mother ... she was the one guiding the gang into MW as well

appears from the parts that she's in that she's (at least parttime) teacher at Negi's Mage Academy, along with being a psuedo rogue mage which works to gether with the mages on RW at least patially without the knowlegde of what MW knows (when she and yuna's Father talked they talked about the Festival where they said that noone in MW knew anything other than that they was more flashy than usual, and they'd like to keep it that way )

Spoiler for Akira:
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:12   Link #2344
Dark Mage

Damn it seems there are no chances of NegiXAsuna happening and I so wanted that to happen. I just think Asuna and Negi get along so well, they deserve each other but it seems the mangaka only plans Asuna to be Negi's step-sister or aunt. I dont want that
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 03:34   Link #2345
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Damn it seems there are no chances of NegiXAsuna happening and I so wanted that to happen. I just think Asuna and Negi get along so well, they deserve each other but it seems the mangaka only plans Asuna to be Negi's step-sister or aunt. I dont want that
This whole business with Arika and Negi is getting the cart ahead of the horse at this point. Chapter 231 would appear to flush a very popular fan-theory regarding Fate and at this point, I'd be stunned if 231 revealed any Asuna-Negi sibling relationship (which has rocketed up to be the current fan-favorite theory). It also would not surprise me if Arika is not kin to Negi at all.

So basically, until we get the chapter and see everything (and in context), there's no need to panic. ^_^

Also, regarding Rakan's naked women, they appear to be various types of nymphs.

As to Fate in 231, apparently, very few people have read A.I. Love You. In that manga (volume 8), there's a computer-program named Zero who's given physical form and infected with the Spider virus. I've long said that Fate looked like Zero, only Fate is younger. The older fate looks more like Zero due to their ages being similar and with Fate's real name being "3rd" in Latin, it would seem that Akamatsu-sensei is either directly linking Fate with his Zero creation or reusing the idea.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 04:39   Link #2346
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

and with the naked womens ... as far as the translation i've read goes her sign says insurance (if he's more up for that than big boobed girls :P
Old 2008-10-27, 06:49   Link #2347
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
As to Fate in 231, apparently, very few people have read A.I. Love You. In that manga (volume 8), there's a computer-program named Zero who's given physical form and infected with the Spider virus. I've long said that Fate looked like Zero, only Fate is younger. The older fate looks more like Zero due to their ages being similar and with Fate's real name being "3rd" in Latin, it would seem that Akamatsu-sensei is either directly linking Fate with his Zero creation or reusing the idea.
Oh my, that was so long ago. I think I only remember the beginning of A.I. Love You. Wow, I need to buy and revisit that series.

And who in here gave me a neutral reputation? lol
Old 2008-10-27, 10:44   Link #2348
Tommyclaw

If Arika is Negi's mother, then Asuna and Negi can't be siblings......
Tommyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 11:36   Link #2349
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Donnet mcGuinneis ... not Fate's Mother ... she was the one guiding the gang into MW as well

appears from the parts that she's in that she's (at least parttime) teacher at Negi's Mage Academy, along with being a psuedo rogue mage which works to gether with the mages on RW at least patially without the knowlegde of what MW knows (when she and yuna's Father talked they talked about the Festival where they said that noone in MW knew anything other than that they was more flashy than usual, and they'd like to keep it that way )

Spoiler for Akira:
didn't stop Tenchi Muyo
Old 2008-10-27, 13:17   Link #2350
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
didn't stop Tenchi Muyo
Different author. Kajishima-sensei is (1) big on harems and (2) big on incestuous relationships. He hasn't gone full-bore on #2 but he had Aeka and Yosho engaged (with Aeka in love with Yosho) when they are half-siblings. He has shown that Tenchi's grandmother Airi (who looks in her 30s) and sister Tennyo appear to be attracted to Tenchi. And with the harem setting for TM!R, Tenchi would end up with sisters.

Akamatsu-sensei hasn't shown a desire to have incestuous relationships and I don't expect him to start now.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2008-10-27, 15:08   Link #2351
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... Kanako

but that was rather onesided, and they weren't blood related but its squicky enough
Old 2008-10-27, 15:31   Link #2352
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Different author. Kajishima-sensei is (1) big on harems and (2) big on incestuous relationships. He hasn't gone full-bore on #2 but he had Aeka and Yosho engaged (with Aeka in love with Yosho) when they are half-siblings. He has shown that Tenchi's grandmother Airi (who looks in her 30s) and sister Tennyo appear to be attracted to Tenchi. And with the harem setting for TM!R, Tenchi would end up with sisters.

Akamatsu-sensei hasn't shown a desire to have incestuous relationships and I don't expect him to start now.
well negima is quite different form everything else Akamatsu done before. So who knows, maybe he wants to extend his writing skills.
Old 2008-10-28, 03:53   Link #2353
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
well ... Kanako

but that was rather onesided, and they weren't blood related but its squicky enough
Oh yes, how soon I forget.

I do stand corrected (and I think I need to re-read Love Hina sometime).

Old 2008-10-28, 16:03   Link #2354
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I personally think we need a bit more conformation before we jump the gun here...
Old 2008-10-29, 04:11   Link #2355
vaatei
*Scanlator

Spoiler for 231:

Last edited by vaatei; 2008-10-29 at 04:26.
vaatei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 05:45   Link #2356
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaatei View Post
Spoiler for 231:
Plus, Arika is of Vespertatia (Vesperina as the other spelling goes...not sure why there are two now). Arika's title is "Arika-oujo" and Asuna's title is "Asuna-himemiko." Both translate as "princess." Supposedly, Asuna's title is superior to Arika's.

Old 2008-10-29, 11:00   Link #2357
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Asuna being crown prinsess and Arika being her aunt and futher down the heritage line prehaps
Old 2008-10-29, 16:32   Link #2358
BlueDo

http://cartoonworld.blog120.fc2.com/blog-entry-683.html

Spoiler for by Hata:

Spoiler for Moar by Hata:
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 09:36   Link #2359
Eastern_Mage

Apparently, Asuna and Arika and princesses at the the same could disprove that they're directly and closely related (even though their surnames are the same), maybe some generations of relations apart??? Hmmm...

And nice choice of middle name for Arika, eh? Anarkia = Anarchy/chaos.

And seeing the latest from AQS, their (Asuna and Arika) last names seemed to differ in spelling, is that a typo...or intentional?
Eastern_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 11:06   Link #2360
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

you know ... you can have several princesses at the same time ... they just can't all be crown princesses (for instance, Denmark have at least 3 princesses and 5 princes ... and thats only counting children, grandchildren and *-in-laws from the Queen and down))

Tags
action, fantasy