AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 23:35   Link #6461
DarkJak2050

Sheesh, age really means that much with relationships in Japan?

And I thought arranged marriages were bad...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 23:38   Link #6462
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's a miracle that there aren't 5more pages after I wake up.

Are you guys actually getting some sleep now?
Old 2011-11-06, 23:39   Link #6463
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Sheesh, age really means that much with relationships in Japan?

And I thought arranged marriages were bad...
Contrary to the portrayal in anime, teenage romance in japan is... awkward. There's a good reason Japan's birthrates is rapidly declining.
Old 2011-11-06, 23:41   Link #6464
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Contrary to the portrayal in anime, teenage romance in japan is... awkward. There's a good reason Japan's birthrates is rapidly declining.
pff...comparing 2D vs. 3D? Of course, 2D is superior in every way!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 23:42   Link #6465
DarkJak2050

Relationships? Pfft... For my guys, it's one of the last things on their minds, with how society is for them atleast.
Old 2011-11-06, 23:44   Link #6466
Eratas123

Japan also portrays women as getting away with blatant abuse in anime. Try that in RL Japan and just see the meltdown that ensues.
Old 2011-11-06, 23:48   Link #6467
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
pff...comparing 2D vs. 3D? Of course, 2D is superior in every way!
OI! Even I know that's the truth.

That aside, the kids are forced to spend time in study, extracurricular, and career arrangement, they literally had no time being lovey dovey.

As the result, teenage that have yet to experiment in relationship, became romantically awkward when they reach adulthood. This resulting in them dwelling with more and more work, and that's how Christmas Cakes born, avoiding this concept is arranged marriage.

To prevent this cycle, Love Plus was created, sponsored by government for high school boys to play, training themselves with the way of teenage romance. Unlike animesque dating sims, this game is rather realistic and complex.

No, I'm not kidding, although for obvious reason, Rabid Otaku cried that love Plus is for them, pathetic...
Old 2011-11-06, 23:49   Link #6468
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
OI! Even I know that's the truth.

That aside, the kids are forced to spend time in study, extracurricular, and career arrangement, they literally had no time being lovey dovey.

As the result, teenage that have yet to experiment in relationship, became romantically awkward when they reach adulthood. This resulting in them dwelling with more and more work, and that's how Christmas Cakes born, avoiding this concept is arranged marriage.

To prevent this cycle, Love Plus was created, sponsored by government for high school boys to play, training themselves with the way of teenage romance. Unlike animesque dating sims, this game is rather realistic and complex.

No, I'm not kidding, although for obvious reason, Rabid Otaku cried that love Plus is for them, pathetic...
Disgusting...
Old 2011-11-06, 23:52   Link #6469
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Disgusting...
Reality is stranger than fiction.
Old 2011-11-06, 23:54   Link #6470
Eratas123

@ Zero - The Japanese government actually sponsored making a Galge!? What the hell.......Though that just gave me an Idea to be included. Since they already have declining birthrates, the fact that the sexism is so blatant just made things worse. Males probably had to play Love Plus as a mandatory requirement to avoid that in the IS world.
Old 2011-11-06, 23:56   Link #6471
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - The Japanese government actually sponsored making a Galge!? What the hell.......Though that just gave me an Idea to be included. Since they already have declining birthrates, the fact that the sexism is so blatant just made things worse. Males probably had to play Love Plus as a mandatory requirement to avoid that in the IS world.
One word:

Scre-e-e-e-e-e-ewed...
Old 2011-11-06, 23:57   Link #6472
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I can see that uptight women has bad luck in romance, the guys however will get a girl sooner or later since the girls need them, no need for love plus or something like that, as long as they play with rules.

Imagine a mass migration of guys because they tired of sexism and the girls screamed in agony.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:03   Link #6473
DarkJak2050

Scourge: "Heh, who would've thought that there were teenage couples these days. You know? With the IS in the picture."

Ratchet: "Yeah, and watch the girls in the following day toss the guys out like last week's trash..."
Old 2011-11-07, 00:05   Link #6474
Eratas123

@ Jak - Why so negative against it? If I had to play it I'd just do it and get it over with.

@ Zero - You forget that majority of guys have next to no dating experience due to the segregation. Even if girls need them they might not know what to do being separated for most of their teenage years. Hell, just look at Ichika and Dan. One is a Chick magnet and a complete idiot while one is relatively normal but a complete casanova wannabe.

Side note - Planning a segment where Ichika, Irish, and Kyuukai play it. Ichika has the highest scores even though he doesn't get what he's playing and oddly enough Kyuukai gets the lowest despite trying to actually do his best. Irish is middle.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:08   Link #6475
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ichika: Are you that desperate for a girlfriend?

Dan: Yep, I don't think I'm as popular as before, somehow.

(Ushio winked at him and Mayuzumi took his portrait, and the third year covered Dan's face in kisses)

Ichika: Really?

Dan: how the hell??
Old 2011-11-07, 00:12   Link #6476
HasuMasu
*Artist

Wehehehe, I didn't watch all that shoujo for nothing.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:15   Link #6477
Eratas123

@ Zero - How the hell? Will this actually happen in sacred twins? It'd funny as hell if it does.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:18   Link #6478
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - How the hell? Will this actually happen in sacred twins? It'd funny as hell if it does.
IF 'Dan became Metal Wolf' idea happens...

We can substitute it having Dan going Big Damn Heroes during PT attack, and the girls thanked him for it, if you know what I mean.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:19   Link #6479
DarkJak2050

Quote:
@ Jak - Why so negative against it? If I had to play it I'd just do it and get it over with.
It's not that... I'm refering to my fic here...
Old 2011-11-07, 00:23   Link #6480
Eratas123

@ Jak - I'm assuming he'd still play it as long as he's required to. Much as he'd complain, if it's required he has to do it.

@ Zero - Can you tell me more about Love Plus? I need info to write the three stooges trying to play it.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest