AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 33 26.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 16.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 8.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-16, 18:17   Link #81
Setsuryuu

Cheers for the episode that made me for the first time actually look foward with excitement for the next one! It's really seeming like the series will compensate me for having stuck by it so far. XD
Old 2012-02-16, 18:29   Link #82
patnam

Shu gets 'Cho-Mai' by Gai makes Shu similar to Anakin and Luke Skywalker that lost their arm too...!!
Old 2012-02-16, 18:36   Link #83
lightbringer
M9000

Originally I was going to drop this series for being generic and entirely derivative... the recent few episodes made me glad that I did not, since things have been developing nicely. Even if they are trying too hard at times, at least they are trying OK it is still textbook style at times but the entertainment value that was lacking at the start is definitely there now.
Old 2012-02-16, 18:40   Link #84
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

GC is by far the best series I have seen for several years. Not Act 1, mind you. It was pretty standard fare all things considered. Act 2, however, has been really fun to watch.

This series reminds me of Berserk or Saiho in a way. Like the aforementioned, there is a point where everything just goes down hill... and keeps going down hill. And just when you think it can't get worse, it does!

I assume things will work out by the end of GC (somehow) though I can't see the path to get there at this point. Its going to be a fun, depressing, and bloody ride for sure!

"Dear..."

Can't wait!!

You are the king, sure, but you must feel pretty guilty about it!!
Old 2012-02-16, 19:06   Link #85
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

That episode... What did I just see?! O_o Just... HUGE WTF.

The one thing I will say for now was that my favorite part of the episode was actually the scene in the garden-like place between Shu and Inori. I liked how openly vulnerable they both were at that time. It really reinforced how much they both rely on one another to get through their currently chaotic lives, and it kind of brings the viewer back down to earth for a second to remind them that despite everything that's going on and how people and the world are changing, they're still just frightened kids at their core. That and, what I liked the most, was that Shu seemed like his old "Kind King" self again -- if even only for a fleeting moment.
Old 2012-02-16, 19:16   Link #86
XxSleepyxX
Learner

What happened in this episode basically mirrors people in reality. The fear of imminent death is always worse than the fear of hunger or thirst. At any chance you'll get they'll turn on their savior who turns into a scapegoat as an excuse to take out frustrations. Take shimon from gurren lagann thats what happened to him near the ending of the last arc.

There are a lot parallel's between Code Geass and Guilty Crown i just hope GC doesn't have a ending like CG.

Other than the mindfuck part I think the UN part was sort of foreshadowing that SHU would lose his power. The UN voted to Nuke Japan, and without a Void power how will the Anti-Bodies protect themselves.

Spoiler for Theory?:
Old 2012-02-16, 19:24   Link #87
miketyson

Alright, by now I'm seriously suspecting that the stuff we've been seeing right now -- the lord of the flies, etc. -- is what the show's creators really wanted to make, but they felt it'd be too risky to jump straight to something that "dark", so they thought they'd water it down with a light-hearted first half.

As-is it's fun every week and I want to see what they do next, I just wish the'd have gone grimdark much earlier than they did.

Anyone else with me, guessing that: (1) Shuu can still pull Inori's void (because of love, lol) and (2) Daryl's going to swoop in to save Tsugumi? Bonus item (3) Tsugumi will make him take Shuu and Inori and Ayase with them?...Ayase and Tsugumi will realize Gai isn't the good Gai anymore?
Old 2012-02-16, 19:43   Link #88
Beggar

Man, I hope Shu doessn't save these people in the end. At this point he no longer has any reason to help anyone other than Inori,
Old 2012-02-16, 19:46   Link #89
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggar View Post
Man, I hope Shu doessn't save these people in the end. At this point he no longer has any reason to help anyone other than Inori,
He probably will. Best way for writers to vindicate him after the whole dictator episode, either that or make him go axe crazy and kill everyone.
Old 2012-02-16, 20:30   Link #90
KoroshiyaX
X

Based on Yahiro's actions, I'm predicting that he will remain one of Shuu's supporters without jumping ships. As for his right hand... based on the new OP I'm sure Inori will crystallize his body, and when you peel off the crystals a new arm will show up

Also, if Gai was able to be resurrected from crystal disintegration, doesn't that mean other people could be as well? Assuming he's not a clone of course.
Old 2012-02-16, 20:40   Link #91
Xaturas

Hmmm at first I felt really bad for Arisa, I just get that feeling in my gut where women throw away themselves and fuck to gain something. It was obvious the first time in ep, then we got even clearer image the second time when she got the intel.
However halfway and then at the ending I don't know if I pity or detest her.
The cliffhanger is really make me wish next ep was already out. Shu had lost everything at this point, he doesn't have anyone not even his mother, not his friends not anyone. Even Inori is a big enigma now.
Old 2012-02-16, 20:44   Link #92
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Based on Yahiro's actions, I'm predicting that he will remain one of Shuu's supporters without jumping ships. As for his right hand... based on the new OP I'm sure Inori will crystallize his body, and when you peel off the crystals a new arm will show up

Also, if Gai was able to be resurrected from crystal disintegration, doesn't that mean other people could be as well? Assuming he's not a clone of course.
Most probably a clone considering the whole DNA aspect of the show. Really though if they somehow regerated him from those crystals he may as well be.
Old 2012-02-16, 20:53   Link #93
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 17

Wow, crap really hits the fan on this episode. It almost kind of hurt me mentally to see all the hate, spite, fear and desparation from all these people.

There ain't no love in this family no more after Hare died. I felt kind of bad for Arisa who decided to give up her pride and fall from grace, however I do strangely find her...attractive now with those empty yet seductive eyes and voice.

There's like only 8 more episodes left, I hope the rest of it goes out with a bang not some crappy plot twist or endings.
Old 2012-02-16, 21:12   Link #94
hero147

I know I'm a bit late, but where'd they get such a nice garden to sit and talk? Throughout the conversation between Shu and Inori, all I could do was draw parallels to Lelouch and CC's conversations.
Old 2012-02-16, 21:17   Link #95
Godspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I don't know about you guys but this episode was frustrating to watch for some reason.
Agreed. I really like this show, and evil-shu is actually pretty interesting, but he's losing his charm. I get that he's supposed to have conflict as a main protagonist, but I liked how he was growing as a person, taking risks and fighting for what he believes in. Now that he's a jerk and kind of pathetic, it's getting more difficult to watch the episodes. Especially when at the end his arm gets cut off, I didn't see how the show could advance from there. I'm a little disappointed, but I guess we just have to trust that it's get better.
Old 2012-02-16, 21:23   Link #96
Xaturas

Btw in the preview for next ep we see argo driving a Humvee with Tsugumi and Ayase, while Tsugumi and Ayase look at/talk to a screen with Gai making some speech. Everyone got out, and Inori sits with Shu under some bridge.
Seriously they should die.
If Shu was a tyrant then Argo void would be already destroyed in the crossbow girl incident.

Ohhh and btw I just checked the op again, and when there are characters stills theres one of Arisa looking kinda whorish getting ready to bang or putting her clothes after banging.

Here's the picture of that opening.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-16, 21:35   Link #97
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Seriously, after all the $hit this show and the writers have put Shu through, he'd better get one helluva good ending, after getting new powers and showing up everybody who screwed him. The guy has one bad episode, brought about by a very traumatic moment, after more than half a series of people already screwing with him, and suddenly he's the antichrist and must be revolted against? Wow.
the wrighters gonna make shu bear the third kings power and there will be some wierd anomily and he will end up with it on his left arm then theres gonna be a big fight between shu and gie then it will end up with shu cutting of gais arm then shu gets a new right arm now with two power of the kings gais gonna be laing there and Arisa (b**ch) will be crying and saying dont leave me and gai will be like sweat embrace of death sweat embrace of death then that other king person will show up then there will be a big fight and befor the fight every body will be like shu save us and he will turn around and go (flip finger) turn back around and fight him win and in the end he will have a haram end with inori and ayase and maby tsugumi and scyth girl i hope i think it all would have been avoided if he listend to argo
Old 2012-02-16, 21:39   Link #98
Godspeed

just out of curiosity, does the electronic-looking arm from the OP have anything to do with what happened in this episode? Shu's arm got chopped off, so maybe this is his new one?

Spoiler for screenshot:

Last edited by Godspeed; 2012-02-16 at 21:42. Reason: whoops, pic didn't come through.
Old 2012-02-16, 21:43   Link #99
Shadow X
Stargazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
just out of curiosity, does the electronic-looking arm from the OP have anything to do with what happened in this episode? Shu's arm got chopped off, so maybe this is his new one?

Spoiler for screenshot:
Yes, most likely... since he needed an arm and he is the main character.
Old 2012-02-16, 21:43   Link #100
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

now i think a haram end with at least inori and ayase would be a good end