Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-12, 14:58   Link #141
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I'm kinda agree with this actually.If i read the latest chapter right,BB mentioned "Marines,its about time you bore witness to the nature of my power...BLACK HOLE...this is the power of Yami Yami no Mi...and this (using Quake power)"...The bold sentence i think is not referring to his DF power,likely he is referring to his ability as a person,probably something like what Blackbeard D Kuma had suggested.
In the raws, the word 'power', is emphasised with open and closed invert commas.

"Marines, its about time you bore witness to the nature of my "power""

You can say that Blackbeard could be referring his power to something else, or that the Marines have not seen the full extent of his capabilities and he is showing them what he can actually do.

He is obviously demonstrating his powers as a whole, the ability to use 2 fruits, his real capability. He is not trying to show off the fruits, but that he can wield them both together.

About Blackbeard's flag, this is what the One Piece wiki says:
Quote:
While it has never been stated by Oda where the influence of their flag comes from, the image of the 3 heads appears as a classic depiction of Cerberus. The three heads of Cerberus are suppose to see the past, the present and the future and Cerberus was also the guardian of the gates of Hades. It may also be a depiction of the Moirae, the three goddesses of Fate. They also happen to tie in with the crews views of fate and destiny as well as their often deadly methods for seeing how fate plays out and may be the reason behind the three skulls.
I think this is more plausible than the flag hinting Blackbeard to have multiple personalities or entities.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-03-12, 15:16   Link #142
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I was also thinking about the cerberus symbolism. Perhaps the 3 skulls are an indication that Blackbeard can use a logia (Darkness), paramecia (Quake), and zoan ability (Unknown), simultaneously due to his body somehow having two other entities inside. Very interesting concept.

This is off-topic, but I really hope that the Vice Admirals play a much bigger role in the future. We didn't get to see Onigumo fight in his spider form, and we saw nothing from Comil, Yamakaji, Doberman, and Strawberry. Furthermore, I would love to see a meeting where Crane, Garp, and Sengoku discuss tactics on how the marines are going to recuperate from their losses.
Old 2010-03-12, 15:41   Link #143
james0246

^Maybe Blackbeard, instead of being infested by other entities, is actually connected to other people (some sort of "link", I was thinking it could be similar to a Warder Bond from the "Wheel of Time" series) or some sort of object (ala "Dorian Gray"), which is what lets Blackbeard go beyond a bodies normal limitations. This could also be why he has such great stamina and endurance - he literally has the power of multiple people (or he has an object that takes the bulk of the damage for him).
Old 2010-03-12, 18:11   Link #144
Homura7

Give me you guys your thoughts about this:

The scar Teach gave Shanks was only of 3 marks.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-03-12 at 18:25.
Old 2010-03-12, 18:34   Link #145
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

That certainly sounds like an incredibly plausible theory from the evidence presented.

Though something intrigues me...how did Luffy know Blackbeard was not just one person?

Well if this is true, it means all devil fruits affect the user on a genetic scale. It's more of a scientific thing rather than magic or curses.

Maybe each evil fruit has a unique kind of symbiote that attaches to the DNA strain of whoever consumes it, and if a different kind of symbiote from a different fruit tries to interfere with the current one, the symbiotes begin to attack the owner's body at a genetic level therefore killing them.

However, if one has a second strain of DNA in them along with another, this could mean consuming two at the same time wouldn't be a concquence.

Although with 2 different strains of DNA in someone's body there should be some signs of mutation. Since we have never seen Blackbeard's back, I have a feeling he's hiding something there. Like maybe a face of a second person or something.

Just some thoughts.~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-03-12 at 18:46.
Old 2010-03-12, 19:15   Link #146
janipani

if three skulls on the flag means three individual in one person. It would also mean that BB can still consume one more fruit ability

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-03-12, 22:31   Link #147
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
So BB dealt the killing blow to whitebeared.... I thought i would be happier about that, but im not. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Whitebeared is dead, but BB's actions were predicted to some extent, and i suppose that's whats so disappointing about it. final enemy... IDK, but im gonna hold out on that one.
Old 2010-03-12, 22:44   Link #148
adriankhoo153

Quote:
P/s : I was thinking maybe a true demon really reside inside BB's body.And that demon probably has 3 fingers on its hand,judging from the scar on Shanks face.
Somehow i really hope not so. Otherwise it will end up like Naruto..
Old 2010-03-13, 01:20   Link #149
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^I'm not doubting the fact that some islands would dislike Whitebeard, rather I was, in a few words, praising Oda for including a panel where people were celebrating Whitebeard's death. ven without military propoganda, I expect there are many islands that just naturally hate Whitebeard and what he represents.

Agree, Even Roger wasn't liked by everyone. Throughout the series, we were given impression that Roger was awesome and was similar to Luffy on being able to attract people and a good guy. Hell BW is willing to raise the son of his greatest rival to take over his father's title.

However, in this Arc, we were also shown that kid-Ace being verbally abused for being Roger's son and people he met genuinely hated Roger to gut. While that could be the result of WG propaganda, we were then given the fact that Squad's crew were slaughtered by Roger and at same time it looks as if Squad himself didn't seem like an bad guy, which begs the question why did his crew got slaughtered by Roger.

As result, this raises question, at least for me, on whether I should group Roger as a good guy or a bad guy.

Finally, Oda threw another curveball at us by showing Roger having a drink with WB and being all buddy-buddy, best friend-like before giving himself up to WG. All of sudden Roger seem like a good guy again, and shown that WB and Roger have deep respect for each other.

With that being said, I totally agree that there will be people who will enjoy WB's death, and they might not be the so called bad guy either...
Old 2010-03-13, 06:25   Link #150
Prestige

I REALLY really dont want that people start consuming multiple fruits for powerups.

Blackbeard can be an exception that confirms the rule and he should be unique. I swear that best way to ruin Luffy's charecter or entire manga is to go with Bleach route and start powerup people with multiple devil fruits, it would be so damn stupid.

But I have faith in Oda and I believe that we wont ever see anything as retarded like Luffy with fire logia or something like that.
Old 2010-03-13, 07:14   Link #151
janipani

Roger could had been the bad guy at first, but grew to be the better person and wanted to give himself up. But he saved his own son, because no child bares sins of his/hers own parents. It's hard to say if WB has ever been bad, he seems completely good, but he still was a great pirate king (of the seas), so it is natural that some people assumed him to be evil.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-03-13, 10:08   Link #152
Azncoke123

Well if you ask me Pirates = Bad Guy, The Government = Good guys. That's how the civilians see it, the Government can just blame anything on Pirates if they wanted to. There will be no way for the civilians to find out the truth. No matter how much of a "nice pirate" you are marjority of the world will still view you as "bad guy"
Old 2010-03-13, 18:13   Link #153
marvelB

Heh, I actually brought up the possibility of Blackbeard having multiple personalities before the full chapter came out, but the theory was pretty much brushed off. Yet now people are actually considering it?

But anyway, that's not really what I wanted to talk about this post. I just wanted to say that I'm actually kinda surprised that we haven't gotten any info on Whitebeard's bounty yet, despite the fact that we learned of not only his age, but some of his past, as well. I know we can get that info just about any time after the war is over, but I guess I just think that it would have a bigger impact on the story if we learned of whatever impossibly huge price Newgate had on his head before Blackbeard grave-robbed him of his DF power.....

Oh, and nearly forgot to mention that I was quite glad to see Moria this chapter, even if it was just for a single panel. Too bad he wasn't salvaging Oars Jr.'s carcass like I suggested before, though.....
Old 2010-03-13, 18:33   Link #154
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
now people are actually considering it?
Because now there was evidence?

Before there was none.

Btw, to add to the whole '3 fruits theory', some have speculated that Teach already had a fruit before consuming the Yami Yami fruit, that fruit being the Bear bear zoan fruit. Thus, it was his bear form which fought with Shanks, resulting in the 3 scratches.
Old 2010-03-13, 19:17   Link #155
cheese4u
da big boss

I still don't know about multiple personalities, Marco said Blackbeard had a weird body. That to me says that there's something weird about his physical body not his mind.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-03-13, 19:33   Link #156
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Btw, to add to the whole '3 fruits theory', some have speculated that Teach already had a fruit before consuming the Yami Yami fruit, that fruit being the Bear bear zoan fruit. Thus, it was his bear form which fought with Shanks, resulting in the 3 scratches.
While I disagree with the bear idea (we already have a Kuma after all ), I do agree that if Blackbeard can use 3 fruits (or at least more than the 2 he has shown) he has probably already achieved his goal. Specifically, the phrase "ultimate being" can be read to mean that there will be no other DF power-up (why call yourself an "ultimate being" if there is still room for improvement ), in which case Blackbeard either has other DF powers (3 or more, with Gura being the final acquired fruit), or he only has the 2 we know of (Gura and Yami, with no others being acquired). In other words, if Blackbeard can use more than 2 DF powers, then he has probably already attained the other DFs he wants to use, otherwise while call himself an "ultimate being" if there are other fruits he still needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
I still don't know about multiple personalities, Marco said Blackbeard had a weird body. That to me says that there's something weird about his physical body not his mind.
I commented on this earlier, but multiple personalities cannot function at the same time (there can, hypothetically, be communication between the personalities, but they cannot bother be dominant at the same time). Consequently, if a fruit can only be used by one personality, then it would be impossible for Blackbeard to use 2 powers at the exact same time (since each power would be controlled by one personality). But, since Blackbeard was shown to use 2 powers at once, that means there is no separate personality at work, just Blackbeard using 2 powers at once.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-13 at 21:16.
Old 2010-03-13, 20:02   Link #157
Hikari no Clover

well as we can see the limit of a rubber i reckon luffy will not be able to fight those evil ability guys unless he has multiple devil fruits, and which is only possible for people who have D !
Old 2010-03-13, 22:42   Link #158
Ermes Marana

So what if BB has multiple personalities or multiple stomachs?

Since when was the rule against multiple fruits ever said to be based on personalities or stomachs?

Where did BB find out the details of the rule, and why doesn't anyone else know them? Well, maybe Vegapunk knows, and BB could have heard from him somehow.

Also, I still say it would be stupid if multiple fruits was brought into play only to allow BB these two powers. Creative writing of gravity powers would have been plenty already. There is no way the use of multiple powers ends here.
Old 2010-03-13, 22:46   Link #159
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
well as we can see the limit of a rubber i reckon luffy will not be able to fight those evil ability guys unless he has multiple devil fruits, and which is only possible for people who have D !
Luffy having multiple fruits would be stupid and lame..
Old 2010-03-13, 22:52   Link #160
Azncoke123

I don't think Luffy will need more than one Devil Fruit to own Blackbeard, Blackbeard might still be inexperince with both his fruits. While Luffy had his DF at a young age, I'm pretty sure once you master a DF you will def. be stronger than someone with a "God fruit" who barely knows anything about it.
Closed Thread