Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-18, 08:35   Link #121
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
Akainu will survive this there is no doubt.Not even worlds strongest man's attacks managed to defeat him so there is nothing Marco,Croc and rest of the weaklings can do against him.Even Marco and Vista couldnt do anything to him with their haki attacks.
Actually, Akainu was defeated by Whitebeard. Even pwned by his two hits so to speak. ^ To the degree that some believed that Akainu was put to sleep for good, but it certainly put him to sleep for a few chapters.

As much strength as Akainu has displayed during this war, nothing he has done has made me believe that he is so much stronger than Kizuro. Marco fought evenly with Kizuro throughout the war (was put in chains when he started running in normal form towards Whitebeard) so why would Akainu be able to defeat Marco, Crocodile, Vista, +many other WB commanders...?
If Akainu so easily can defeat the WB crew then they would hardly have needed to summon so much strength to the marine headquarters. The three admirals, Sengoku and Garp could have done it by themselves. Sengoku and Garp for Whitebeard, Akainu for WB crew, and the other two admirals for the rest of WB allies.
Old 2010-03-18, 08:47   Link #122
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
Actually, Akainu was defeated by Whitebeard. Even pwned by his two hits so to speak. ^ To the degree that some believed that Akainu was put to sleep for good, but it certainly put him to sleep for a few chapters.

As much strength as Akainu has displayed during this war, nothing he has done has made me believe that he is so much stronger than Kizuro. Marco fought evenly with Kizuro throughout the war (was put in chains when he started running in normal form towards Whitebeard) so why would Akainu be able to defeat Marco, Crocodile, Vista, +many other WB commanders...?
If Akainu so easily can defeat the WB crew then they would hardly have needed to summon so much strength to the marine headquarters. The three admirals, Sengoku and Garp could have done it by themselves. Sengoku and Garp for Whitebeard, Akainu for WB crew, and the other two admirals for the rest of WB allies.
True Fleet Commander was only sent flying, saying that Whitebeard defeated Akainu is like saying Akainu defeated Whitebeard when Akainu nailed Whitebeard in the chest.

Also are you watching this series, if Sengoku and Garp had actually attacked Whitebeard than they wouldn't need the Vice Admirals, the cannon fodder did nothing. It's Sengoku's lazyness, and Garp being a traitor that they needed the Vice Admirals to overwhelm Whitebeard.
Old 2010-03-18, 09:20   Link #123
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
True Fleet Commander was only sent flying, saying that Whitebeard defeated Akainu is like saying Akainu defeated Whitebeard when Akainu nailed Whitebeard in the chest.
Poor choice of word , it was the opposite of flying. Your point get through nonetheless, but by my definition of defeating, Akainu was defeated since he was knocked out cold (or decided to rest for a few chapters underground, recovering his strength). If you have a different definition, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Also are you watching this series, if Sengoku and Garp had actually attacked Whitebeard than they wouldn't need the Vice Admirals, the cannon fodder did nothing. It's Sengoku's lazyness, and Garp being a traitor that they needed the Vice Admirals to overwhelm Whitebeard.
That is your opinion of WB Commander's strength. I find it silly though, that the crew of the strongest pirate would be as easily defeated as the Straw Hats by an admiral. When we have seen Marco and Jozu matching an Admiral blow for blow (I lay their eventual defeat mostly at distraction) and we've seen two other commanders match Shichibukai in single combat.
This is the crew of Whitebeard, the man who was the strongest man in the world , and the commanders he choosed. I'm not convinced that even Whitebeard would've won against all his commanders so I certainly don't think that Akainu will beat them. But maybe I will be proven wrong next chapter *shrug*
Old 2010-03-18, 09:35   Link #124
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 View Post
Akainu will survive this there is no doubt.Not even worlds strongest man's attacks managed to defeat him so there is nothing Marco,Croc and rest of the weaklings can do against him.Even Marco and Vista couldnt do anything to him with their haki attacks.
weaklings???

If Joz didn't go get himself frozen, i have no doubt he'd have bitch slapped Akainu.
Old 2010-03-18, 10:28   Link #125
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'd agree that Joz could be a good match against Akainu, his magma wouldn't do anything to diamond, diamonds are made from inside magma itself.

But then its not possible to freeze and crack a diamond so easily as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-03-18, 14:40   Link #126
longnose-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
But Akoji can probably freeze to as cold of a temperature he wants
Old 2010-03-18, 14:57   Link #127
Nikolaos

Crocodile is really badass. I just read whole chapter. Also I can see all three admirals teaming up on WB's crew. Now, cant be said which group would be stronger.
Old 2010-03-18, 15:05   Link #128
Azncoke123

I doubt all 3 admirals would attack the WB crew.

BB is the biggest threat on that island right now, why would the WG order all their force to attack what's left of the WB pirates. I say Akainu will get bitchslapped next chapter, BB destroys the island. WB pirate escaping, maybe the end of the war in a few chapters.
Old 2010-03-18, 15:50   Link #129
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
You know, if Ace doesn't have some 'miraculous' resurrection due to some kind of intervention of Ivan or Marco (he does have Phoenix powers). It makes me wonder who will lead the Whitebeard Pirates.
My gut tells me if the white beard pirates don't get annihalated here, or disband marco is the next leader. If you consider the amount of screen time and attention he's gotten relative to the rest of White Beard's crewmates other than ace he is the most logical chocie. However, something tells me this battle is the end of the white beard pirates. I also think ace is gone, dead and not coming back. This battle has been more or less planned for a while.

Quote:
You'd think someone would take Akainu out. We all know how Luffy gets around people certain people. He was ready to fight Blackbeard in Impel Down despite they chasing after Ace. What would he do about someone like Akainu who supposedly killed Ace?
At this time I don't think anyone on the field other than possibly black beard could take out an admiral one on one. I knowa lot of Whitebeard's crewmates could hold their own, but I don't think anyone has it in them to actually beat an admiril class marine. Again the admirals plus garp are the 5 toughest marines in the series, Garp was supposed to be able to go toe to toe with roger, I expect the other admirals Aikanu included be able in a normal battle to be able to survive against any of the current players on the battle field.

Quote:
There is one little thing I have thought about. It's the Log Pose Nami got from Crocus. Ever seem to notice how her's is set in wood, but most others are more modern? Now that we know that he was a member of Roger's crew. Doesn't that mean that she is wearing possibly the very same Log Pose that guided Gol D. Roger(still getting used to typing that) on his trip through the Grand Line? We know it led them both to the Sky Islands.
It does all now explain how Crocus knew where that Log Pose was pointing to.
Old 2010-03-18, 15:52   Link #130
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Given how Joz seems to manifest the diamond armor as needed, he's likely human beneath it. If it were a logia power, he'd be fine, but Akoji probably just froze through to the bone.
Old 2010-03-18, 16:30   Link #131
John D.

Luffy, who has a Paramecia Devil Fruit similar to Jozu's, is rubber through and through though, and likewise, Mr. 3 has displayed that he consists of wax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
At this time I don't think anyone on the field other than possibly black beard could take out an admiral one on one.
I agree with your sentiment, however, not all battles are fought mano a mano, especially not in a war.
Old 2010-03-18, 17:03   Link #132
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Luffy, who has a Paramecia Devil Fruit similar to Jozu's, is rubber through and through though, and likewise, Mr. 3 has displayed that he consists of wax.
But that's not always the case. Magellan is human beneath the poison. He can make it, but is not made from it. Same with Mr. 3., whose body only excretes wax. He's just as human as an average person beneath it (unless I missed something somewhere). Jozu might fall into this category.
Old 2010-03-18, 17:20   Link #133
John D.

During his ordeal in Impel Down's Blazing Hell (Level 4), Galdino complained that he was "melting" and he was dripping wax from all over his body. From which I interpreted that Mr. 3's Doru Doru fruit affect him in a similar way to Luffy's rubber fruit.

If Magellan's fruit would've affected him in a similar manner as Luffy's, then he would be liquid and/or gas, and not maintain a solid form at all - so it's pretty clear it is as you say.

The argument you should bring up, is Mr. 1 who "is" steel, but appereantly not when he is cuffed with Sea Stone cuff's during his stay in Impel Down - as he is shown bleeding after he head-butted another prisoner. However, Mr. 1's fruit is a little different from Luffy's (and Jozu's, if his fruit is Diamond Diamond Fruit) since Supa Supa is the noise a knife makes when cutting through something and not steel itself.
Old 2010-03-18, 17:42   Link #134
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Was Mr. 1 ever said to clearly be steel through and through? I always got the impression that he could simply make himself sharp. Also note that while Luffy is rubber, he becomes normal in contact with seastone, so seastone could be considered as a way to revert fruit users entirely, as opposed to seawater which just makes them incapable of moving. In any case Paramecia-type fruits are rather varied in their application, so until a better description of Jozu's fruit is given, we can't really say about the nature of it.
Old 2010-03-18, 18:03   Link #135
John D.

No, it has never been stated that Mr. 1 is steel through and through, and it's the most similar fruit to what we have seen of Jozu (which was why I thought that was the argument you should bring up ). But, as in my previous example of Luffy and Galdino, the fruits of a present material such as rubber and wax have shown to transform those who eat them into their respective material.

As was stated by Captain Smoker, Sea Stone emits the same energy as the sea and Kairoseki has essentially the exact same effect as throwing someone into the sea - draining the body of energy and robs them of control over their Devil fruit powers. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2010-03-18, 21:01   Link #136
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I think I remember something about that wayyyy back before Arlong was introduced. Something Yosaku said when talking about Arlong.
Just seems weird, because Blackbeard, Moria, and Boa didn't have to give up their crew to be with the Shichibukai.

It was mentioned that there was a conflict amongst the crew that leads to seperation.

Keep in mind that WG (and Marine) kept their eyes closed and allowed slave trading. And according to Jimbei, the ones got traded originally were mainly Fishman and Mermaids, until WB claimed the island under his protection. And they have been discriminated against for ages even to present day. Not to mention that Jimbei's crew, The Sun Pirate, was formed by Fisher Tiger who attack Marejoa to free his people and most of the crew were originally slaves of Tenryubito.

As such it is understandable that most is not all of the crew would get pissed when Jimbei decide to be a Shichibukai and work of WG.

To me, Jimbei's crew disbanded was not a surprise but expected. The REAL surprise (and question) sould be why a man like Jimbei would joined the ranks of Shichibukai in the first place when his crew was originally form due to the hatred toward WG.
Old 2010-03-18, 21:57   Link #137
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
No, it has never been stated that Mr. 1 is steel through and through, and it's the most similar fruit to what we have seen of Jozu (which was why I thought that was the argument you should bring up ). But, as in my previous example of Luffy and Galdino, the fruits of a present material such as rubber and wax have shown to transform those who eat them into their respective material.

As was stated by Captain Smoker, Sea Stone emits the same energy as the sea and Kairoseki has essentially the exact same effect as throwing someone into the sea - draining the body of energy and robs them of control over their Devil fruit powers. Nothing more, nothing less.
The cuffs and nets let them move freely, though, so there must be some sort of density property to it. Luffy bleeds when hit, for example, so it's at least partially negating his rubber powers.

To somewhat compare Luffy and Jozu, Luffy is always rubber. There's no physical change. He looks himan but stretches. Jozu has to turn his diamond form on, which suggests that, like Mr. 3 and Magellan, he creates the diamond on demand rather than simply being it. This would mean that, below the skin, his body is still human.
Old 2010-03-18, 22:41   Link #138
Slayerx

Quote:
During his ordeal in Impel Down's Blazing Hell (Level 4), Galdino complained that he was "melting" and he was dripping wax from all over his body. From which I interpreted that Mr. 3's Doru Doru fruit affect him in a similar way to Luffy's rubber fruit.
you sure he was dripping wax and wasn't just sweating? cause i looked back at some of those pages like when they arrived in level 3 and when Mr.3 was complaining about how the heat was affecting his abilities he didn't look like he was melting anymore than buggy and Luffy; they too were covered in large drops of sweat

It also doesn't make sense... if Mr.3 was made of wax he would have continued melting and would have looked like this droopy slushly thing at best and a puddle at worst... he'd have to focus just to hold himself together... not to mention that if he was made of wax then it would make him actually more of a logia type, especially since he has control over wax in both it's solid and liquid forms... he'd be a sorta solid element type like Ao kiji; except when he reforms he melts the wax first and then reforms
Old 2010-03-18, 23:20   Link #139
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

In the anime it's pretty clear he's dripping wax, but I'd consider this an artifact of his powers rather than evidence of being made of wax. He creates it from his body, so it was probably just instinct to produce it like that.
Old 2010-03-19, 05:13   Link #140
shankss
CP10

This episode proved me that nothing can beat 3 admiral when they cooperate.Im sorry whitebeard fans but If Kizaru ever tries to help Akainu as much as Aokiji does, whitebeard pirates wont stand much chance next week.
Closed Thread