AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-19, 17:47   Link #161
marvelB

Er.... pardon my late chapter response. I've been considerably busy lately, but now I've finally got free time and just finished checking out the full chapter.

Anyways, awesome stuff, although I don't think that needs to be said. I had thought that Akainu had penetrated Luffy from looking at the blurry spoiler pics, but now we've finally got confirmation of it! It's a damn good thing that Law arrived when he did, or else Luffy really would have joined Ace and Whitebeard. Now this pretty much more than confirms that Luffy will be MIA for a good while (but again, I wouldn't expect any year+ long timeskips..... I'd say about 3-6 months would be good enough, here).....

Speaking of Whitebeard, I'm definitely anxious to see what will become of his remaining sons. As I said before, I actually think Akainu's powerful enough to take on all the remaining commanders + Crocodile on his own, since he even managed to withstand an assault from Whitebeard (who, despite being half-dead, was literally still powerful enough to crack the island in half). I'm also still crossing my fingers for Garp to take a piece of Akainu as well, for reasons I've already specified earlier in the thread.

As far as the other two admirals go, I think I'd rather see them attempt to stop Law from escaping with Luffy (or at least just Kizaru, anyway). Since the commanders are busy with Akainu, I can see the New World captains being the ones to back up Luffy in this case (as well as any other supernovas who may have traveled to Marineford with Law). As for the Buddha, I'm still hoping that he'll reveal that his DF has more tricks up its sleeve (though the shockwaves are awesome enough), even though Blackbeard will inevitably survive his assault and probably Falcon Quake Punch him to hell in the end.....

Also, I just can't stress enough how awesome it is to see Buggy rescue Luffy and Jinbei (even if it WAS accidental). Here's to hoping the pirate clown conquers the New World!
Old 2010-03-19, 18:40   Link #162
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'd like to see how Hancock would fair in a fight when she has the complete/undivided attention of her opponent. Smoker was focusing on capturing Luffy when Hancock stopped him. To better prove her strength, she should try taking on Akainu. I can guarantee she would get decimated by him.
She could at least manage to hurt Akainu. Smoker is pretty clear that kick would not have connected if not for Haki. She would be far less likely to win seeing as he has arguably one of the most powerful logia abilities we know of. Only Kizaru could be said to be cheaper by being light.
Old 2010-03-19, 18:59   Link #163
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as the other two admirals go, I think I'd rather see them attempt to stop Law from escaping with Luffy (or at least just Kizaru, anyway). Since the commanders are busy with Akainu, I can see the New World captains being the ones to back up Luffy in this case (as well as any other supernovas who may have traveled to Marineford with Law).
I find it questionable how much they could help... i mean, 4 of them got completely wrecked by just Kizaru... i doubt they'd fair much better against both Kizaru and Ao kiji together

Quote:
As for the Buddha, I'm still hoping that he'll reveal that his DF has more tricks up its sleeve (though the shockwaves are awesome enough), even though Blackbeard will inevitably survive his assault and probably Falcon Quake Punch him to hell in the end.....
What i'm hoping is for Blackbeard to grab a hold of Sengoku, laugh and mock him about what he will do without his devil fruit... His laugh then turns to shock as Sen Goku stands there unchanged and just replies "what devil fruit?" and then shockwaves him... that would be awesome...

I do feel like i want to see BB retreat and not SenGoku get beaten (though maybe not get beat himself in return)... i mean after BB's performance in front of WB, he really doesn't deserve the title of strongest (which he is basing on devil fruit as opposed to pure sheer epic-ness) and the honor of giving SenGoku a smack down
Old 2010-03-19, 19:22   Link #164
Azncoke123

What I want to see from BB is his siganture face smash move.
Old 2010-03-19, 19:30   Link #165
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I find it questionable how much they could help... i mean, 4 of them got completely wrecked by just Kizaru... i doubt they'd fair much better against both Kizaru and Ao kiji together

Well, I was saying that they'd be teamed up with the NW captains, though. At least some of those guys should be around the same level of strength as some of the upper-lower-middle tier commanders of Whitebeard's crew. Besides, it wouldn't make much sense for Oda to introduce us to the more prominent captains like Doma, Makugai, Squado, and Whitey Bay just for them to end up as cannon fodder. All of those guys teamed up should be able to hold off any admiral that's not Akainu the Terminator....

And speaking of Squado, I actually expect him to be the one to lead the NW captains in case any of those two admirals start gunning for Law's ship. I mean, it's bad enough that he fatally wounded Whitebeard, so he could at least ensure that Luffy is able to escape Marineford alive.....

Quote:
What i'm hoping is for Blackbeard to grab a hold of Sengoku, laugh and mock him about what he will do without his devil fruit... His laugh then turns to shock as Sen Goku stands there unchanged and just replies "what devil fruit?" and then shockwaves him... that would be awesome...

While I agree that would be awesome, in the end I think I'd still rather see Blackbeard topple Sengoku. I just think that killing the world's strongest pirate and fatally wounding the fleet admiral of the marines would be one hell of a way to start off Blackbeard's new age with a proper "bang", you know?
Old 2010-03-19, 19:40   Link #166
Slayerx

Quote:
While I agree that would be awesome, in the end I think I'd still rather see Blackbeard topple Sengoku. I just think that killing the world's strongest pirate and fatally wounding the fleet admiral of the marines would be one hell of a way to start off Blackbeard's new age with a proper "bang", you know?
eh... i'm not feeling it... his "killing the world's strongest pirate" thing was terribly tainted by the fact that WB was so grievously wounded; it feels like such a hollow gesture... nothing seems special when all you did was hammer in the last nail.

BB beating WB would be awesome and deserving of something
BB and his crew beating WB, not as awesome, but good enough to start his era
BB and his crew beating WB when he was almost dead anyway? not so much...
Old 2010-03-19, 19:43   Link #167
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Really? Not Capone who keeps his soldiers stashed inside of his body? Or Bonnie who has the ability to age herself and others? Or even Apoo and his strange musical abilities?
Response
I will accept Capone as well. Apoo and Bonnie isn't that weird at all. If anything some of these characters power remind me of marvel characters. I mean Eustass Kid could be Magneto, Luffy can be Mr. Fantastic, and Basil Hawkins could be Dr. Voodoo. After seeing a lot of these powers in others shows and mangas they stop being unique and more of the same. I think what make Law's power so weird is you don't see it often or at all.
Old 2010-03-19, 19:43   Link #168
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
eh... i'm not feeling it... his "killing the world's strongest pirate" thing was terribly tainted by the fact that WB was so grievously wounded; it feels like such a hollow gesture... nothing seems special when all you did was hammer in the last nail.

BB beating WB would be awesome and deserving of something
BB and his crew beating WB, not as awesome, but good enough to start his era
BB and his crew beating WB when he was almost dead anyway? not so much...

He may have killed Newgate through a rather cheap method, but he did finish the dirty deed, nonetheless. Besides, you'd at least agree that stealing his DF power, pwning Sengoku and sinking Marineford just like he promised would leave quite a large impact, no?
Old 2010-03-19, 20:07   Link #169
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Besides, you'd at least agree that stealing his DF power, pwning Sengoku and sinking Marineford just like he promised would leave quite a large impact, no?
HE hasn't done any of that yet tho, aside from the stealing part.
Old 2010-03-19, 20:09   Link #170
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I'd like to see how Hancock would fair in a fight when she has the complete/undivided attention of her opponent. Smoker was focusing on capturing Luffy when Hancock stopped him. To better prove her strength, she should try taking on Akainu. I can guarantee she would get decimated by him.
I don't think so.

Beaten perhaps, but not decimated.
Old 2010-03-19, 21:58   Link #171
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Akainu is not a very fair measuring stick, as at this point it's hard pressed to think of anyone who wouldn't be decimated by him.
At this point, that dude is a strong contender for the most fiercesome powerful character in OPverse.

Hancock is indubitably one of the strongest pirate in the world.
But Akainu has earned himself a tier of his own from the recent developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She could at least manage to hurt Akainu. Smoker is pretty clear that kick would not have connected if not for Haki.
Yes, her kicks most likely can hurt Akainu.
But considering that a haki-imbued sword attack to the neck simply earned an "ouch" from him, it's hard to imagine the kick doing anything more than a minor bruise.
Old 2010-03-19, 22:13   Link #172
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yes, her kicks most likely can hurt Akainu.
But considering that a haki-imbued sword attack to the neck simply earned an "ouch" from him, it's hard to imagine the kick doing anything more than a minor bruise.
Though I cannot recall at the moment who attacked him (Marco, wasn't it?), she has been shown to have some absurdly powerful kicks. She might do a fair bit better. Plus she's got better Haki.
Old 2010-03-20, 01:11   Link #173
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Well since we're on the topic of Law, I've always thought that he should be wielding a giant scalpel or some other surgical knife. Maybe Oda just wants to make him look nothing like a doctor.

I wonder how skillful he is, if he's more skillful that Chopper or even Kurena, that means Chopper will need to surpass him. Chopper probably will have to meet him some time.

His ability falls in a similar group as Buggy and Robin's, moving and assembly of body parts. Buggy has it as a property, Robin can extend her parts on any surface, while Law has it as an area effect ability. Its like a personal ability, an instant target spell and an AoE spell.
They might simply in different discipline. Law is a surgen, so there might be possibility that he can't mix the medicine as well as chopper, or less knowledgeable in treating sickness compares to injuries.

Personally I think Chopper is a already a very high level doctor, after all, Drum kingdom's doctors were suppose to be the best in the worlds, and as Kurena being one of the better doctor in the kingdom, I doubt Law would have more advanced technique than her.
Old 2010-03-20, 06:36   Link #174
valk0v

Chuck Norris

Akainu is so strong, he can actually burn fire
Akainu turned Whitebeard into halfbeard
Akainu is so strong it took a yonkou attacking from behind to take him down
Akainu is so clever he can turn sons against their father
Akainu's foot is stronger than Whitebeard's spear
The real reason Akainu is red is because of all the blood of children he's killed over the years
Akainu planned to kill Luffy for being Dragon's son. What we didn't know is that he also planned to kill Garp and Dragon later for being related to Luffy.
Akainu magma fisted his own mom for not believing in absolute justice
Akainu later magma fisted himself for being related to his mom
Akainu can kill logias without the need of Haki
After going to a Brothel, Akainu magma fisted all the prostitutes for being whores
After kissing his first girlfriend, Akainu magma fisted her for kissing him out of wedlock
Whitebeard failed to kill Akainu by punching from behind, Akainu did not fail to kill Ace by punching him from behind
There is no Buster Call, Akainu just drops magma fists on your island
Eneru fears Akainu because Akainu can burn lightning
The reason why Sengoku did nothing this war, he was afraid of getting in Akainu's way
Akainu magma fisted grandma for buying 11 items on a 10 item express way.
Blackbeard only attacked Whitebeard when Akainu was gone.
Old 2010-03-20, 06:58   Link #175
Charred Knight

Quote:
He may have killed Newgate through a rather cheap method, but he did finish the dirty deed, nonetheless. Besides, you'd at least agree that stealing his DF power, pwning Sengoku and sinking Marineford just like he promised would leave quite a large impact, no?
That would pretty much ruin the marines. Personally Oda risk making the Marines just three guys who kick ass, and if the fandom gets their way 2 guys who kick ass. It's safe to say that after this arc Garp is done as a marine, his completely untrustworthy and clearly can't accomplish his duty as a marine. That leaves Sengoku, and the three admirals, with the fact that they need to rebuild the marines. The vice admirals where not a match for Whitebeard's division captains, and no Vice Admiral really showed anything of worth in this arc.

I don't really see the need for instant gratification if the series isn't close to over. I mean if this was the final arc than yeah that would be cool, but if Oda was going to have a suprise final arc I highly doubt it would be one main character running around getting his ass kicked

The series isn't even close to over, so I don't see how the hell burying the marines now would do any good.
Old 2010-03-20, 08:48   Link #176
Charred Knight

yes, we know and linking to a site that contains liscensed material is against the rules.
Old 2010-03-20, 14:45   Link #177
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That would pretty much ruin the marines. Personally Oda risk making the Marines just three guys who kick ass, and if the fandom gets their way 2 guys who kick ass. It's safe to say that after this arc Garp is done as a marine, his completely untrustworthy and clearly can't accomplish his duty as a marine. That leaves Sengoku, and the three admirals, with the fact that they need to rebuild the marines. The vice admirals where not a match for Whitebeard's division captains, and no Vice Admiral really showed anything of worth in this arc.

I don't really see the need for instant gratification if the series isn't close to over. I mean if this was the final arc than yeah that would be cool, but if Oda was going to have a suprise final arc I highly doubt it would be one main character running around getting his ass kicked

The series isn't even close to over, so I don't see how the hell burying the marines now would do any good.

Now, now.... remember, New Age = New generation of marines. While it's true that Sengoku and Garp's fall from grace would certainly land a crushing blow to the marines' reputation, that doesn't quite mean that it would be the end for them. On the contrary, the government can use this opportunity to improve.... nay, evolve their military force, so to speak. For one thing, the admirals, as well as the more formidable VAs (particularly the Buster Call guys) would still be around to pick up the slack, post-war. Furthermore, don't forget that the marines now have their new war machines the Pacifistas on their side, as well. True, they still have some kinks that need to be worked out (like the fact that they won't attack those they think are an ally), but when Vegapunk inevitably improves upon them, they'll eventually become truly fearsome pirate-hunting machines of mass destruction. Lastly, I'd think that the government would be more than happy to appoint Akainu as the new fleet admiral since he pretty much embodies their ideals of "absolute justice" down to a T.....

By the way, this is really just wishful thinking, but I think it would be pretty cool if Oda were to introduce a group of young marine aces who are all shooting up through the ranks in this new, chaotic era. I guess the best way to describe them would be as the marines' own take on the Supernovas (Of course, Coby and Helmeppo would be amongst those guys, as well ). I also wonder if the former fleet admiral Kong is still an active military officer (and if not, would the government convince him to come back out of retirement).....?
Old 2010-03-20, 17:43   Link #178
John D.

Personally, I think that Sengoku will fall to the Blackbeard Pirates. Blackbeard still has to prove to the readers that this is his age (since we may not be overwhelmed, like the OPverse, by his killing blow upon Whitebeard), and taking down the Fleet Admiral and finishing the destruction that Whitebeard wrought upon Marinford is an excellent way to show that. Furthermore, Blackbeard falling would diminish him in the readers eyes as this is his show.

As marvelB pointed out, this is the start of a new age (whether it will be Blackbeard's age or not, it is the start of a new age) Sengoku's fall would further signal the end of the old era that Whitebeard's death symbolised. The Marines already achieved two very importent objectives; they killed Ace and Whitebeard is dead. At this point, Sengoku's fall wouldn't diminish the marines since we have the very capable Akainu to step up and save face, restoring the world's faith in absolute justice. (I'm still hesitant to believe that he will topple the WB commanders+Crocodile by himself though...)

I can imagine Garp stopping Aokiji and/or Kizaru in their tracks, if they decide to interrupt Luffy's impendent flight - instead of gunning for Akainu in vengeful wrath. Luffy's escape should be a priority to him over avenging Ace. I'm also curious as to what the Shichibukai and VA's are up to, will they back up Sengoku against Blackbeard?
Blackbeard should be a priority to the marines at this point, the WB pirates are attempting to escape and are no immediate threat so I hope that at least Kizaru give Sengoku a hand against the Blackbeard pirates.
Old 2010-03-20, 17:53   Link #179
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

With the big loss that whitebeard pirates suffered i have a feeling crocodile might join them and possibly replace ace and marco will take whitebeards position. i think the whitebeard pirates will still be recognised as a great threat to the world government and will remain as one of the main protagonist pirate group in one piece and will play a key role in the new world, they could only grow stronger from this. crocodile would make a great addition to the whitebeard pirates, he has already done things we wouldn't have expected from his character and he will play an important role in the pirate world in the upcoming events.
Old 2010-03-20, 18:10   Link #180
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I don't think so.

Beaten perhaps, but not decimated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Akainu is not a very fair measuring stick, as at this point it's hard pressed to think of anyone who wouldn't be decimated by him.
At this point, that dude is a strong contender for the most fiercesome powerful character in OPverse.

Hancock is indubitably one of the strongest pirate in the world.
But Akainu has earned himself a tier of his own from the recent developments.
Jimbei, a former warlord who fought Ace for 5 days straight, got destroyed by Akainu. Much like Jimbei, Hancock is a close range combat specialist, and we know from this chapter that attacking Akainu at close range is detrimental, to say the least. Therefore, I don't find it far fetched at all to suggest she would meet the same fate Jimbei met in this chapter.