AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-21, 23:01   Link #201
marvelB

Actually, I've been giving the nature of Sengoku's DF power some thought lately.... and I was actually thinking that maybe he doesn't exactly turn into a Buddha, per se, but something close, like a Bodhisattva instead. It would actually be fitting for him, since a Bodhisattva is supposed to be a being who has great wisdom (and Sengoku's supposed to be a great military strategist, remember). So I dunno..... maybe he ate the "enlightenment" fruit or something?
Old 2010-03-21, 23:56   Link #202
Undertaker

Well, I had a tough time trying to link Buddha to shockwave until I saw the clip about Buddha's Palm, which is a vary famous, and popular, fictional Chinese martial art move.

Guess we'll just have to wait hoping Oda will explain it in future SBS.
Old 2010-03-22, 10:00   Link #203
ShadowKiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Oh sh!t Law is obv. going to save Ace.
Ace is dead... It aint gonna live again. I hope Blackbeard get his ass kicked yet he is not to be defeated yet. same goes for akainu.

Law rescuing Luffy was great. Cant wait to see what's going to happen next. Im also looking forward to see what improvements will the crew have in the future.

Still now i can't just wait to see BB vs Luffy and Akainu vs Luffy. But we will have to wait so damn much for it to happen.

Still i want to know what happened between shanks and kaidou and what the hell is dragon doing... Why is he not in this war... I dont get it.
Old 2010-03-22, 11:37   Link #204
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKiko View Post
Ace is dead... It aint gonna live again. I hope Blackbeard get his ass kicked yet he is not to be defeated yet. same goes for akainu.

Law rescuing Luffy was great. Cant wait to see what's going to happen next. Im also looking forward to see what improvements will the crew have in the future.

Still now i can't just wait to see BB vs Luffy and Akainu vs Luffy. But we will have to wait so damn much for it to happen.

Still i want to know what happened between shanks and kaidou and what the hell is dragon doing... Why is he not in this war... I dont get it.
Sorry that you didn't catch my sacarsm.
Old 2010-03-22, 15:50   Link #205
Rurik
Golden

Ohh boy, I have to say that Croc role here is the most intriguing thing going on, is Oda is trying to make him an Good Guy/anti-hero character? or does Croc has a hidden agenda?

I will opt for the first one, Vegetta was also vicious in DB, and he made the change just well.

And Law is a doctor? Didn’t see that coming, not in a long shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
... But as I said before, he clearly considers Luffy's extermination to be of greater importance than Blackbeard at the moment. So yeah, you can say that he's singleminded, but that just shows how very thorough he is about his work. If I said it once, I'll say it again: Akainu's the freakin' Terminator.
Agree 100%

he is doing his job, if Im going after someone, I would go and get rid of Luffy, Aikanu feel that he can become a real problem to the WG. see that Aikanu has even refferd to luffy more than once as Dragons son.

And Yah, Aikanu is a Bad Ass.
Old 2010-03-22, 17:01   Link #206
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

^
But wasn't Law first introduced as the "Death Surgeon" or something along those lines? From that point I thought that pretty much implied he was at least in the medical field.
Old 2010-03-22, 17:04   Link #207
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
And Law is a doctor? Didn’t see that coming, not in a long shot...
You expected him to be a lawyer, didn't you?...
Old 2010-03-22, 17:18   Link #208
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its quite hard to expect Law to be something else rather than a doctor if you know that he's called the 'Surgeon of Death'.

For example I'm sure people can guess what the jobs of these characters are: 'Chef of Death', 'Death Barber', 'Killer Gardener'.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-03-22, 17:29   Link #209
Prestige

Time to steel my resolve, no spoilers for me until full chapter is out, last chapter I allowed myself heavily spoiled and chapter itself felt medicioure even though it has awesome content.
Old 2010-03-22, 19:51   Link #210
Paraden1989

i wonder what is going to happen to Shank's hat?
Old 2010-03-22, 20:02   Link #211
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I'm going with the completely out there theory of Crocodile giving it back after this is over. Deep inside he had the same dream as Luffy, and despite the facade I bet there's still a small part of him that wants to encourage that. He has been oddly heroic lately.
Old 2010-03-22, 20:22   Link #212
trafalgarcito

remember the strongest character in this war was...not akainu...not blackbeard...not whitebeard but....

THE SIEGE WALL!!!!

what was the material of that thing??? if oda doesnt explain that it would be the biggest bullshit ever!!
Old 2010-03-22, 21:34   Link #213
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Seastone, maybe, or an alloy of some sort. Probably the same thing they use to make those giant doors.
Old 2010-03-23, 05:28   Link #214
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Heh, the complaints about Kizaru killing nobody with his beams reminds me of a particular complaint from a few chapters back about how Kizaru could destroy the tiny key to Ace's cuffs with deadeye accuracy, yet he didn't shoot a hole through Ace or Luffy's heads (which should be absolutely no trouble for him). I guess ol' Unca Borsalino really is half-assed about his work (as further evidenced by the fact that he didn't arrest even one of those super rookies that he beat up at Sabaody). However, despite his neglectfulness, Kizaru still remains my favorite of the 3 admirals (since, as I've said in the past, I just tend to find the goofier characters more appealing than the serious ones).

Still, his half-assedness is the reason why I said I liked the idea of him being the one to try to prevent Law from escaping with Luffy.... only for him to cross paths with the New World captains (as well as any supernovas who may have arrived with Law). Naturally, Kizaru would respond to their presence by staring at them with that goofy grin of his while commenting on how scary they all are.

By the way, I suppose someone's gotta stop Aokiji from sealing off all the escape routes, huh? In that case, I sort of wonder if Oars Jr. has enough life left in him for one last heroic act....?

He got to Admiral. I'd say he's a "pro." I may note that the supernovas Kizaru beat up are not with their "crews." They're working out of a submarine and seem to be on a specific mission. Why are these independent pirates teaming up in a sub? Kizaru seems like the type that could just be revealed as Luffy's freakin' uncle. His name means "yellow monkey" in japanese. MONKEY!

I could see the jaw drop. Monkey D Borsalino

I can see the guys who escaped with Luffy become good friends. Mr 3 and Buggy for sure. Crocodile is turning a new leaf. Can these 3 guys go back to being full time douchebags? Buggy seem to unintentionally getting some heroic spotlight. Mr 3 infiltrated his way to the executioners side. Crocodile is holding bad guys back.

Sengoku is a master of the buddhist palm, the ultimate technique. He's a naturally born kung fu genius.
Old 2010-03-23, 06:31   Link #215
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Some spoiler pics are out!
Old 2010-03-23, 07:17   Link #216
metharan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I'm going with the completely out there theory of Crocodile giving it back after this is over. Deep inside he had the same dream as Luffy, and despite the facade I bet there's still a small part of him that wants to encourage that. He has been oddly heroic lately.
When someone said that Luffy dropped his hat, my first thought was that it was a perfect opportunity for Oda to let Shanks join in the fray hahaha.
Old 2010-03-23, 07:37   Link #217
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Some spoiler pics are out!
We need a thread, stat. Not going to spoil it here so I'll just say HOLY CHRIST THIS IS AWESOME
Old 2010-03-23, 07:49   Link #218
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

yupyup spoilers are amazing. another appearance but who?
Old 2010-03-23, 08:08   Link #219
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
Is it me or Oda's hidden agenda is giving us heart attacks

at this rate of surprises each chapter, don't think my hearth can handle it

guess need to check Naruto or Bleach to regulate my blood pressure
Old 2010-03-23, 09:41   Link #220
marvelB

Fresh new thread, coming right up, folks!
Closed Thread