AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-01, 03:51   Link #81
Nikolaos

Whoa, I just became a great fan of Red-hair crew. They look awesome together. Especially the big guy with tattoo.
Old 2010-04-01, 09:49   Link #82
Principalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Even the monkey from chapter 1 appears in this chapter!
Agreed. That was way too cool.
Old 2010-04-01, 10:02   Link #83
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
eh just a bit too anti-climatic... i mean letting the whitebeard pirates walk away i feel like i can accept, but i don't like letting blackbeard walk away. Would have prefered for Shanks to actually take a shot at blackbeard and force him into a full retreat; not in the sense that redhair overpowers him, but more so in that he knows that if he sticks around he'll have to deal with red hair AND the marines... and little action to help break up how peaceful this all is

Ah but how i do wonder how Buggy's days will be after this... nice fat bounty on his head and crew full of pirates more powerful than himself but believing that he's a pirate king in the making...
Blackbeard knows he has no chance of winning if he has to takes on Shanks and the marines. Blackbeard is a smart man he has planned all this out just to recruit his crew and also take WB's fruit. I don't think Blackbeard will fight a losing fight.
Old 2010-04-01, 10:31   Link #84
james0246

@ashesatdusk: I'm kind of joking when I say this, but Oda/Sengoku called the recent arcs conflict a war (which has ended), so we have to accept that it was a war....
Old 2010-04-01, 13:37   Link #85
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Oda/Sengoku called the recent arcs conflict a war (which has ended), so we have to accept that it was a war....
Sengoku proved that he's a liar at the start of this battle, and as a regular reader of the SBS, I'm not sure ODA is best source of information on anything.

really all that being said I don't really have an issue calling it a war, I have more of an issue of treating it like world war II or Korean war or similar.
Old 2010-04-01, 16:57   Link #86
marvelB

Speaking of Sengoku, I'm really curious to see what will become of both him and Garp from this point onward. Chances are, those five old geezers who run the government may not be entirely happy about the war's outcome like some of the fans are (not exactly talking about the people here, of course), considering that Sengoku not only let the surviving pirates escape, but also let them take two valuable trophies with them (Ace and Whitebeard's corpses, obviously). I'm also sure that those old timers are wise enough to figure that Garp had jobbed to Luffy because he's his grandson and secretly wanted him to save Ace. Lastly, they'll probably decide that a fresh face will be required to command the marines anyway, since Garp and Sengoku are sooooo yesterday's news. So will those two relics be demoted, perhaps even flat-out kicked off the force to make way for a new age within the marines (most likely one that's led by a certain crimson poochie)? Hmmmmm......
Old 2010-04-01, 16:58   Link #87
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Forgot to mention something about Buggy... Although I thought the joke with his new found crew was overused during this arc, this last one was brilliant. Fooling him with the promise of a treasure map was great too.
Old 2010-04-01, 18:02   Link #88
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just want to point something out.

On page 7 Akainu has blood coming out of his mouth. As hard as he push the marines he pushes himself just as hard. Whatever you say about the guy, he is no hypocrite. First man in, last man out, this is the kind of commander whose banner will always be able to attract people to serve under him, no matter how hard he is.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-04-01 at 21:21.
Old 2010-04-01, 18:43   Link #89
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I REALLY wanna see the aftermath of Impel Down and whether Blackbeard went through Magallen to get out. Just imagine 500 mill + for Blackbeards first bounty.
Old 2010-04-01, 20:23   Link #90
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I REALLY wanna see the aftermath of Impel Down and whether Blackbeard went through Magallen to get out. Just imagine 500 mill + for Blackbeards first bounty.
Considering what's happened, I'm thinking at least 800 mill+.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2010-04-01, 21:19   Link #91
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 580
This was a great ending to the war. I am truly impressed the way Oda did this war Arc. He kept it fast pace every chapter without destroying it. The way this war ended was appropriate.

Shanks
Shanks is powerful. I mean he commands a lot of respect from all sides. When he puts his words in everyone listens. Sengoku seems to even hold some respect for the Red Hair. I can't imagine the war Shanks is going to be in later. I mean were does he stand on power level with White Beard?

Was this Arc considered a War?
I think so. I mean this War had tons of implications and many sides had a lot to loose. I mean the aftermath still has to be considered now that White Beard is dead. Will the WG be able still enforce its beliefs? What will all the other Yonkous do now? What about the Islands under White Beards protection? Who came out of this the most powerful? Did Dragon? Maybe Black Beard or Shanks? What will the Marines do now? Will the WG need the Shichibukai? This effected everyone. I don't know anyone who can lay claim to what war is and that is including historians. I mean American declared war on terrorism. Yet terrorism has no nationality or borders. Then you have the war on drugs in mexico and lower parts of South America. The meaning of war changes throughout time and its is constantly changing as we speak.

Laws Escape Chapter 580 page 6-7
I am surprised none of Shanks Crews intercepted the Admirals when they were trying to destroy the submarine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

On page 7 Akainu has blood coming out of his mouth. As hard as he push the mariners he pushes himself just as hard. Whatever you say about the guy, he is no hypocrite. First man in, last man out, this is the kind of commander whose banner will always be able to attract people to serve under him, no matter how hard he is.
I Agree.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:34   Link #92
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

On page 7 Akainu has blood coming out of his mouth. As hard as he push the mariners he pushes himself just as hard. Whatever you say about the guy, he is no hypocrite. First man in, last man out, this is the kind of commander whose banner will always be able to attract people to serve under him, no matter how hard he is.

Well yeah, I thought that much was pretty obvious when he still continued to hunt down Luffy right after he withstood an assault from Whitebeard, of all people. Of course people are gonna look up to a badass like him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post
Considering what's happened, I'm thinking at least 800 mill+.

While I'd love to see Blackbeard gain a bounty as preposterously high as that, I still want to see what ungodly high price Whitebeard had on his head first before judging how much Teach would be worth. I just think that it would be a lot more epic to learn that Whitebeard was worth like..... a freaking googolplex or something before Teach gets a reward slapped on him, y'know? That way we'd really get the scope of how much infamy Teach's crew will gain for killing the mightiest of the emperors (the fact that he was already half-dead when they killed him wouldn't count, since he was still powerful enough to rip Marineford a new one in that state)......

But of course, I'm still more interested in seeing Buggy's bounty raise than anyone else's at the moment. C'mooooon, half-a-billion bounty......
Old 2010-04-01, 21:48   Link #93
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Half a billion sounds like the highest any reasonable bounty would go. After that, anyone trying to earn it would be pretty much dead on arrival. Once Whitebeard got as infamous as he did, the World Government probably stopped bothering to raise it.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:56   Link #94
marvelB

^I'm not entirely certain about that. I mean, after all, despite the fact that Whitebeard was a legendary pirate who had a DF power that could potentially destroy the world, he still wasn't actually considered to be the most wanted man in the world..... Dragon is the one who has that particular area filled. So the way I see it, even if Whitebeard's bounty was merely 500 million, chances are good that it's dwarfed by whatever price was put on Dragon's head.....

.... I still think it would be awesome of Whitebeard was worth more than a billion, though.

Edit: And also, we can't forget that Oda stated in an SBS that Eneru would be worth a half-billion if he were a blue seas pirate, yet there'd still be plenty of folks who're stronger than him. So if you ask me, that's more proof right there that 500 million's not the absolute bounty limit.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-04-01 at 22:16.
Old 2010-04-01, 22:25   Link #95
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I'm not entirely certain about that. I mean, after all, despite the fact that Whitebeard was a legendary pirate who had a DF power that could potentially destroy the world, he still wasn't actually considered to be the most wanted man in the world..... Dragon is the one who has that particular area filled. So the way I see it, even if Whitebeard's bounty was merely 500 million, chances are good that it's dwarfed by whatever price was put on Dragon's head.....

.... I still think it would be awesome of Whitebeard was worth more than a billion, though.

Edit: And also, we can't forget that Oda stated in an SBS that Eneru would be worth a half-billion if he were a blue seas pirate, yet there'd still be plenty of folks who're stronger than him. So if you ask me, that's more proof right there that 500 million's not the absolute bounty limit.....
Eneru was actively trying to destroy the world as he knew it. >_> And then fly off to the moon. He's a lot different than every other pirate we've ever seen.
Old 2010-04-01, 22:47   Link #96
marvelB

^Yes, he's of different stock than the blue sea dwellers, but the point is that he wouldn't be able to rule the land beneath the skies, despite how powerful he is. Hell, Haki wouldn't even be the only reason why either, since Akainu clearly proved that he can kill another Logia without the need for "ambition" ("MAH MAGMA'S HOTTER THAN YER FIRE, BITCH!"). So yes, while the thunder god is most certainly a force to be reckoned with, I rather doubt that any of the elite pirate/marine veterans would have too much trouble putting him in his place......

And that's all I'll say about that matter, since I don't really like getting into debates about who's stronger and whatnot......
Old 2010-04-01, 22:51   Link #97
orangejuicetang

Well, isn't Dragon currently the most wanted man in the world? And I think I heard somewhere that his bounty was 'you bring him in, and we'll give you anything you want'.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-04-02, 00:37   Link #98
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:

Shanks
Shanks is powerful. I mean he commands a lot of respect from all sides. When he puts his words in everyone listens. Sengoku seems to even hold some respect for the Red Hair. I can't imagine the war Shanks is going to be in later. I mean were does he stand on power level with White Beard?
From pure speculation I anticipate the Shanks is at least as powerful as White Beard, from the evidence. Maybe not in White Beard's prime, but probably from the period just before this war. The thing that interested me the most is that the Shank's didn't negotiate, he dictated the terms of the wars end, which is what makes me reevaluate my initial assessment of his power.
Quote:
Well, isn't Dragon currently the most wanted man in the world? And I think I heard somewhere that his bounty was 'you bring him in, and we'll give you anything you want'.
Thats never been officially said, that being said if someone caught dragon alive, I'm sure they could negotiate the bounty.

Quote:
Was this Arc considered a War?[/B] I don't know anyone who can lay claim to what war is and that is including historians. I mean American declared war on terrorism. Yet terrorism has no nationality or borders. Then you have the war on drugs in mexico and lower parts of South America. The meaning of war changes throughout time and its is constantly changing as we speak.
The nature of any type of academic discourse, since you bring up historians, is that words are precisely defined. If you are to write a publishable paper in political science, international relations, history you would have to use to define war as you use it within your document. Sure language is a fluid thing, but formal language is inherently less fluid. I'm a graduate student, and we use mathematics to outline most arguments, entirely for this reason. It provides precision and clarity which words do not.

You bring up several different conceptions of war, the war on terrorism and war on drugs, the usage of war would be different from the great war, or a war between two countries, and civil wars. Earlier I argued that this was not a war, and I mean that it cannot be feasibly compared to something like World War I, or World War II, or the Korean war, Vietnam war, or even a civil war. I don't have any sort of issue with calling it a war nominally, or have an issue of viewing the marines as conducting a war against piracy similar to the war on drugs.
Old 2010-04-02, 00:39   Link #99
Tommy
Mr. Prince

It's pretty awesome that a man with one arm, and no known devil fruit can end a war so easily.
Old 2010-04-02, 01:32   Link #100
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Unless he chose to eat one after leaving Luffy with his hat, he clearly does not have a Devil Fruit. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to save Luffy.