AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-09, 22:44   Link #1361
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
It's supposed to be upside down (see his game sprite), so the first promo picture didn't get that wrong.
I mean that the fact that the cross was right-side up in this new picture is an artist error, not the first picture XD
Old 2009-05-10, 00:01   Link #1362
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Ahh okay then. :3

So there are three official colored promo pics out so far right?
Battler & Beatrice
Maria, Jessica & Battler (garden picture)
Battler, Maria & Jessica (beach picture)

Those are the ones I can recall...

Old 2009-05-10, 00:13   Link #1363
Marion
The Great Dine

Yep.

I hope we get some promo pictures that include Kanon, Shannon and George soon. I also wouldn't mind seeing how they plan to color the parents.
Old 2009-05-10, 01:55   Link #1364
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Part of me is like, "awwww man, looks like they're gonna be giving everybody blue eyes.....", while another part of me is like, "DEAR GOD, That pic is adorable ♥♥♥♥♥♥. MUST. STARE."

......It's a mixed feeling. *laughs*
Old 2009-05-10, 03:09   Link #1365
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Thought I should post this rather short yet awesome video about EP3.
Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxxSs0HFdfE

My apologies if it has already been posted before.
Old 2009-05-10, 09:42   Link #1366
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graus View Post
Thought I should post this rather short yet awesome video about EP3.
Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxxSs0HFdfE

My apologies if it has already been posted before.
Wow it looks awesome~ The cartoonish part near the end is hilarious :P
Old 2009-05-11, 07:29   Link #1367
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beato View Post
Does anyone have the high-res of this picture?
Old 2009-05-11, 07:35   Link #1368
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I don't think that there will be a high-res till the CD is released
Old 2009-05-11, 07:42   Link #1369
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Is it me or Jessica's skirt is a lot shorter that what is supposed to be? Well i guess the (male) fans will be happy ^^

Old 2009-05-11, 08:17   Link #1370
Kitsu
The unlucky one

it was always so short, not in the games (i think so, maybe I'm wrong) but in the character designs. Well she should never bent forward..at least not much....let's say she would make Battler pretty happy (dunno about Kanon...bet he would xDD)

But because I always felt bet about only looking at FAs other people drew I'll just upload a little sketch of mine
Spoiler for Kanon:

I fail at drawing...but Kanon is easier then Battler. You don't wanna see my Battler xDD

If you see wacky and spidery lines it's my edit program I used to make the sketch cleaner
Old 2009-05-11, 08:25   Link #1371
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well Studio Deen isn't so "notorious" about fanservice as far as I've seen so far, I wouldn't imagine they will focus too much on her skirt to be honest.
Old 2009-05-11, 08:54   Link #1372
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well Studio Deen isn't so "notorious" about fanservice as far as I've seen so far, I wouldn't imagine they will focus too much on her skirt to be honest.
The rei boxart is ridiculously fanserviced. But the anime are okay so far, yes.
Old 2009-05-11, 14:14   Link #1373
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Her skirt is also super short in the games too (maybe not as much though), I remember when I first saw her I thought "Holy crap, that skirt is short. @_@;". I find it a little weird that she, a person who's not afraid of physical activity such as fighting and stuff, would be wearing a skirt that short. Anybody who wears something that short should either have leggings/shorts on underneath or just plan on standing around in one spot and not move at all. ._.;

I also thought that Shannon's outfit was pretty suggestive. I mean she's already a maid. ^^;

Old 2009-05-11, 14:33   Link #1374
Kitsu
The unlucky one

i kinda think it's funny that her mother doesn't say anything against that skirt...And I have to agree with Maho Momo...I was wrong....her skirt is short in the games. I don't look at the TIPs often and if I do I pay closer attention to the tex...but now..
"Holy crap!" That skirt is short!! Natsuhi shouldn't scold her about her manners but her skirt!! She really should never do anything else but stand somewhere, and especially never bent forward!! That would mean death by loss of blood for Kanon (we all know he is pervert deep in his heart xD)

And well maids need to be eye candy xDD And actually I'm fine with her outfit okay she shows one leg "too much", but at least you wont get so much pantyshots unlike Jessica's skirt her's has a respectable length.
Old 2009-05-11, 15:00   Link #1375
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

It's not just the slit, it's the slit PLUS the huge emphasis on her already huge chest (there's really no need to have that part of her outfit be colored white when the rest is dark. ^^; ) and the fact that she's a pretty young maid. Pretty young maids are already a very popular fetish... no need to sexualize them even more than they already are. @_@;

... it also just doesn't seem to fit her lady-like and modest personality either. ^^;

Old 2009-05-11, 15:08   Link #1376
Kitsu
The unlucky one

If I'm honest there is a need to have her outfit colored whiten when the rest is black(except part of her skirt) it wouldn't look good. I think it's a rather good maid uniform. And if you look at other maids they also have the chest part mostly white.
Okay she's a pretty young maid but well Shannon is Shannon I would not want her older and she fits her role as maid perfectly so let her be a maid.
Old 2009-05-11, 15:10   Link #1377
Marion
The Great Dine

I'm pretty sure Shannon exposes her leg because of her winged-eagle tattoo. They mentioned in the first episode how Shannon, Kanon and Genji get to wear the family crest because they're special servants/furniture of Kinzo's. It's actually one of the expressed reasons that Gohda is jealous of them and picks on them passively.
Old 2009-05-11, 15:12   Link #1378
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I think everyone here knows it, but they could have put her tattoo at another place...no on her clothes like every other servant
Old 2009-05-11, 15:24   Link #1379
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I think everyone here knows it, but they could have put her tattoo at another place...no on her clothes like every other servant
True, but maybe it was tattooed there for a reason? Never know with that nut Ryukushi :P
Old 2009-05-11, 15:31   Link #1380
Kitsu
The unlucky one

xD
I know what you mean and me and a friend of mine even conjectured that every servant bestowed with the one-winged eagle has such a tattoo. But that would be made up out of thin air
But so we won't get out of topic so much two of my favorites:
Spoiler for large: