AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-30, 03:10   Link #681
Blaat

I'm not sure why people are blaming both parents, the father didn't want to let the kid in it's thanks to the mother that the kid got invited.
Old 2010-08-30, 03:21   Link #682
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Maybe, but this is Japan, and a small village, where people no doubt take seriously the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child," and have no hesitation taking responsibility for other people's children. Whether that means smacking her and marching her home, or letting her come in, is hard to say.
Not to mention that it was very late at night. What kind of parents are just going to abandon a little girl who's at their front door? I can understand why Natsuno's Father was saying what he did, though i'm sure he would have agreed to let her in eventually if Natsuno's Mother didn't appear.
Old 2010-08-30, 13:50   Link #683
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not to mention that it was very late at night. What kind of parents are just going to abandon a little girl who's at their front door? I can understand why Natsuno's Father was saying what he did, though i'm sure he would have agreed to let her in eventually if Natsuno's Mother didn't appear.
*raises hand*

Stand outside the door and off my property and wait for the police to take you home or into custody. Not my problem.
Old 2010-08-30, 14:16   Link #684
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
If someone was at my door with that creepy puppet shoved in my face, she'd be seeing the back of my door asap. Little girl or not.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 17:06   Link #685
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
*raises hand*

Stand outside the door and off my property and wait for the police to take you home or into custody. Not my problem.
Well you're quite heartless.
Old 2010-08-30, 18:00   Link #686
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sorry Shiroth, but there's no way, vampire epidemic or no, I would have invited that creepy little homunculus into my house after she pulled that puppet routine. Lock the door, call the cops...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 18:10   Link #687
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sorry Shiroth, but there's no way, vampire epidemic or no, I would have invited that creepy little homunculus into my house after she pulled that puppet routine. Lock the door, call the cops...
No, i actually totally agree. It's just that orion is making it out as if he wouldn't help any little girl who just happened to knock on his front door so late at night, asking for help.
Old 2010-08-30, 20:30   Link #688
orion

Quote:
No, i actually totally agree. It's just that orion is making it out as if he wouldn't help any little girl who just happened to knock on his front door so late at night, asking for help.
Well, it is dangerous for me. That little girl could be packing a pistol. Dead orion.

Would you really help Hit-Girl? If you saw her outside your door....

Just because there appears to be a little girl outside your door doesn't mean that that person can't fire a weapon or have a back up person behind a bush waiting to knock you off. The girl stays outside. I call the police.
Old 2010-08-31, 00:04   Link #689
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
...Just because there appears to be a little girl outside your door doesn't mean that that person can't fire a weapon or have a back up person behind a bush waiting to knock you off. The girl stays outside. I call the police.
Maybe we're dealing with different neighborhoods here. In Japan, no-one owns guns, and in many places, people don't lock their doors. Even where I live, in a rural area of North America, I would let such a child in, give her a cookie, tell her to behave, and ask for her parents' phone number. In this case, that would be a mistake, but this is a horror anime.

But I'm not trying to argue here. It's just interesting how we all react a bit differently, for whatever reasons.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 17:38   Link #690
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Maybe we're dealing with different neighborhoods here. In Japan, no-one owns guns, and in many places, people don't lock their doors. Even where I live, in a rural area of North America, I would let such a child in, give her a cookie, tell her to behave, and ask for her parents' phone number. In this case, that would be a mistake, but this is a horror anime.

But I'm not trying to argue here. It's just interesting how we all react a bit differently, for whatever reasons.
I'm also in rural US in a nice area. We have child molesters living in our area as do a lot of cities. We also lock our house doors and car doors against crime. The kids know not to do certain things. I live in an area with lots of kids who don't come up to your home at night. So if one actually does come up to your door at night, there's a problem that you don't want to deal with.

It's prob a neighborhood issue.

And what if while you try to do your "good deed", the kid turns around and frames you for child abuse unless you pay her off. Stuff like that happens here, especially where I grew up in a big city.
Old 2010-08-31, 23:16   Link #691
Forsaken_Infinity

Well, it's a village in Japan; not a city in the U.S. The location doesn't really matter though. It'd seem more natural to Japanese(and most Asian) people but from experience, even western (including most American) families would do the same.
You can call it stupid but I find it natural to help a child, however bad mannered, late at night; all the more so if she comes to your house with the name of your son and you just so happen to be his mother. My mom would do it without even thinking. And that's just what Natusno's mother did here... It's definitely not prudent, but heck, it's not like it's reasonable to think of absurd scenarios like vampires or some super-girl etc. when dealing with children. As for the child abuse part, most people would expect children to not even know what it means or at least not to speak even if they get abused(and they really don't; it's up to adults around them to notice that they are being abused). But if you are a normal person, then a child reporting you for abuse for letting her into your house to meet your son who is apparently her friend would be the last thing to pop in your head anyway. I am pretty certain that almost all "normal" American families would also do the same thing Natsuno's parents did here. They would at least let the kid in while they wait for the son that she apparently knows to arrive.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 10:24   Link #692
orion

The kid is dressed as a kindergarten. A high school student should not be knowing a kindergarten. That's enough for me to tell the kid to call your parents and go home. Nowadays you certainly don't let a kindergarten female in the room with a teen male. That's asking for trouble.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:43   Link #693
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I don't know. I haven't lived in the countryside in Japan, but from the stories that friends who do tell, I'm not too surprised that Natsuno's parents ended up giving in to what probably seemed like a selfish* child.

(* geh, "wagamama" is the perfect word in Japanese...but my English has gone down the drain!)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 00:46   Link #694
molitar

Ugg.. Natsu just lost his safe haven.. I can not believe he relented because of the mother.. the doll's face changed.. sorry but no doll can change faces that is normal.. secondly she wouldn't say what she wanted.. so I would have never let her in no matter what.

Now they need an invite to come in.. so hopefully he can chase her out and tell her she is no longer welcome at his house no matter what.. since they have rules that should stop them from being able to get back in. But the real problem is Natsu won't know that she got an invite for her brother later.. that is where the ultimate danger is.. he will chase her out.. forbid her from coming back but not know about her brother.

BTW Boduar to your inquiry about "I dont get how the vampires must be invited in but somehow they were inside when natsuno was staying over at his friends house and I really really really doubt they knocked on the front door to get invited in." They did get an invite the vampire couple paid a visit to his parents and were invited to come back another time during the party. They got their invite into the home.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 13:10   Link #695
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep9. Brilliant. Better than the manga.
Spoiler for ep9:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:12   Link #696
Blaat

What a fantastic episode.

P.S. can I claim Megumi as my waifu, or would that be too necrophiliac?
Old 2010-09-02, 13:25   Link #697
v1cious

That last few minutes was freaking creepy. I love this show.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 14:01   Link #698
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for Episode 9:

And I just had the thought that I'm very glad I watch this in the sunny afternoon, doesn't this air at one in the morning or something in Japan?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 14:27   Link #699
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
...I just had the thought that I'm very glad I watch this in the sunny afternoon, doesn't this air at one in the morning or something in Japan?
1:15 am. ("What's under the bed? What's that sound at the window?")
Old 2010-09-02, 14:49   Link #700
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Awesome episode was awesome. Now to hope they'll top it with the next episode.
Graus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire