Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-22, 11:15   Link #1521
terazax
ISO my Holo

Send a message via MSN to terazax
ive always thought of it over rated lol since i like never, ever , hear bad about it. from anyone, aside from myself lol. but i guess it just isnt my thing. lol
Old 2011-09-22, 14:12   Link #1522
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by terazax View Post
i have a feeling im going to be hated by almost everyone lol,,,, but i truly despise naruto. i cant watch any of it. i tried a few times because of friends rants about how great it is, it just bored me to death worse than any show ide ever seen.

the characters i found lame and yeah the storyline only amplified that for me. so yeah naruto is my choice for this.
You have to realize fundamentally that Naruto is a noisy action show designed for young boys. Its simply that for many Western fans, "Naruto" and the other series designed that way are all they know. When they encounter other kinds of works, you might as well have set them down in front of a public broadcast piece like Masterpiece Theater or a british mini-series of any type -- many of them are going to start rocking in boredom. I steer away from Naruto, One Piece, etc for the same reasons I steer away from Western 'noisy action shows'.
Old 2011-09-22, 14:16   Link #1523
mols

True... and it's a pity because quite a few of British mini-series are interesting and well made.
Old 2011-09-22, 15:23   Link #1524
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Fate Stay Night
I'm trying to watch it now, in preparation for Fate/Zero, but its so muddled and mediocre. The story is nice, albeit way to slow for my taste. The character are good but I don't know. I couldn't keep myself awake most of the time.
You should watch the movie, 10 times better despite being rushed.
If you have seen part of TV series, the movie should be fine for you to understand. Besides it has better story line

Anyway about the shows... I don't hate it but I have no idea why The Place promised in our early days is so popular... I just watched it and found it very boring... the only real good thing about it were graphics. The movie had good idea but was very badly executed. And seiyu's suck... especially the main hero, I could care less about what he says because all of it sounded in the same tone

I also didn't like the famouse Summer Wars movie... It was just... random... and the whole romance at the end was VERY forced!

I seriously start to get dissapointed in all these movies...
Old 2011-09-22, 15:51   Link #1525
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Strike Witches and Amagami SS I can't find anything great in those shows what so ever
Old 2011-09-22, 18:09   Link #1526
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Eh, these days I get the impression that there are more haters of Naruto than there are fans, really... It's at the point where I can no longer say for sure if the show should be considered overrated or underrated any more.
I have been thinking the same way lately. More people have been complaining then loving it.

I have stopped watching it (and reading) but I never did bash it or complain much at all. I mean I love Naruto, but maybe I just lost interest? Same for bleach.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2011-09-23, 00:52   Link #1527
Kiyomizu
Never Knows Best

Gintama.
I've tried several times, but I just don't see what makes people so crazy about it.
Old 2011-09-23, 18:24   Link #1528
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terazax View Post
i have a feeling im going to be hated by almost everyone lol,,,, but i truly despise naruto.
Honestly, I don't know why you'd be worried about that. Even on Naruto forums not everybody is a fan.

I'd actually be more worried if I liked it, because some of the people who dislike it are really snobby and rude about it. I get tired of it, even though Naruto certainly isn't the best thing out there, the bashing and constantly seeing it in "overrated" topics has gotten on my nerves.

When something is mentioned in 90% of the posts in all overrated topics, it probably isn't overrated anymore. Just saying.

And I honestly think that Naruto (and Bleach) are both in that same category. As I said, you'll see plenty of criticism for both series even on forums dedicated to them, and not from trolls - from regular members who have actually followed the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyomizu View Post
Gintama.
I've tried several times, but I just don't see what makes people so crazy about it.
Nice to see another non-Gintama fan.

After trudging through around 55 episodes of that show, I finally had to give up on it. I had to have a lot of patience to even get that far.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Old 2011-09-23, 19:43   Link #1529
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I rather watch Crayon Shin-chan over Gintama if I want to see some shows that really funny.
Old 2011-09-24, 07:31   Link #1530
terazax
ISO my Holo

Send a message via MSN to terazax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Honestly, I don't know why you'd be worried about that. Even on Naruto forums not everybody is a fan.

I'd actually be more worried if I liked it, because some of the people who dislike it are really snobby and rude about it. I get tired of it, even though Naruto certainly isn't the best thing out there, the bashing and constantly seeing it in "overrated" topics has gotten on my nerves.

When something is mentioned in 90% of the posts in all overrated topics, it probably isn't overrated anymore. Just saying.

And I honestly think that Naruto (and Bleach) are both in that same category. As I said, you'll see plenty of criticism for both series even on forums dedicated to them, and not from trolls - from regular members who have actually followed the series.
as ive mentioned the people i know, who watch anime are complete naruto freaks and i dont look up naruto forums as i dont like the show...

and when im used to getting the reactions i normally receive by it, sure i will be worried over it, as this was a question and i answered its as i said,

i mean i get the same reaction from saying ffvii was terrible. so to me it was kinda a big explosion XD im sure you can understand
Old 2011-09-29, 12:41   Link #1531
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Idolm@ster Xenoglossia from Sunrise is just a 'nightmare' (When was the last time that I spammed my shoutout here during it's air in early 2008?). Let's see, the stories between Haruka & robot is a joke. Character designs are way off & some stories are really trying to pull of Mai HiME/Otome. and of course, it has nothing to do with a game which it was based on.

Good thing that in 2011 they brought back the 'true' series till i've finally changed my life forever.

Wait a minute, did I just mentioned it on a previous posts long time ago?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-09-29 at 12:52.
Old 2011-10-01, 08:35   Link #1532
SgCloud

Elfenlied
It was not all that bad but there were enough things that brought it down to a more than mediocre level:

Spoiler for Elfenlied:

Maybe the Manga is better, but since I didn't like the anime a lot I didn't bother yet to check it out.

Another recent example would be Steins;Gate, which I actaully like quite a bit but I think a lot of people are overrating it.

Last edited by SgCloud; 2011-10-01 at 08:36. Reason: Typo
Old 2011-10-01, 08:43   Link #1533
Annokano
My Goodness My Gainax!

Mahou Shoujo Mediocre Magica

It was alright. Aside from the visuals for the alternative world, it wasn't all that impressive. The tremendous levels of hype, as well as the fact I got it spoiled probably didn't help my impressions of it though.
Old 2011-10-01, 12:02   Link #1534
Tatsumi Saiga

A few shows that I hate/think are truly awful:

Amagami SS (Gave up halfway through, characters were boring, story was painfully dull)

The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya (I have tried to watch this 4 times, and each time have given up in disgust. It is so inane, so stupid and full of itself.)

Bakuman (I was really excited when I heard about this, but watching a show where the main character has the emotional relationship capacity of a 7 year old gets really old really fast. and
Spoiler for Relationship...:

Star Driver (This was hands down one of the most disappointing shows I have ever watched. Almost in a bizarre sense though, like the fight scenes were almost made to look like you were playing an arcade game. The characters were awful. Every bad guy seemed to fall almost instantly. What upset me the most though was that underneath the horrible characters and the invincible hero, was actually a somewhat cool set-up, even if it was kind of easy to figure out, it still could have been done really well....but it wasn't...at all.)
Old 2011-10-03, 22:01   Link #1535
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I rather watch Crayon Shin-chan over Gintama if I want to see some shows that really funny.
I don't wanna frag Crayon Shin Chan because it is good, but Gintama is a truly special show IMO...If you watched the first 21 episodes of this season and still think it's just alright or crap, I would literally need to be trained in the Shaolin arts to have the patience to understand WTF anyone was talking about...

Gintama is the most well done eclectic shonen fighter show I have ever seen...Besides being consistently hilarious, it can be everything else any other show can be...Not many shows can pull that off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
True... and it's a pity because quite a few of British mini-series are interesting and well made.
Like Luther, which is great...
Old 2011-10-09, 16:24   Link #1536
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumi Saiga View Post

The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya (I have tried to watch this 4 times, and each time have given up in disgust. It is so inane, so stupid and full of itself.)
Really? I found Haruhi to be a rather intelligent show. (I can't understand 80% of the things that come out of Yuki's mouth)

......but how can an anime series be perceived as "full of itself"? o_o
Old 2011-10-09, 16:26   Link #1537
ArrowSmith

I hate all the shoujou/fan-service-y stuff but everyone else seems to love it on these forums.
Old 2011-10-09, 17:11   Link #1538
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

For older series, without stretching back to the days of Starblazers, there are two shows I hated, when having watched and praised these show was almost a mark of whether you were an actual anime fan or not in America. They are Akira and Neon Genesis Evangelion (disclaimer: I am enjoying the new NGE movies). I should also note that I am a big time sci-fi geek, to put into perspective that it isn't the sci-fi elements that make me hate those two with such passion. Shinji Ikari is quite possibly the character I'd most enjoy watching be force fed milk and honey for several days, then tied to a boat, and put out in a swamp, naked, to slowly be eaten alive by the insects that would be attracted to him shitting himself over the course of many days. Better known as scaphism. Yes, I know this type of emotion over a fictional character isn't rational.

For older series that my brainy contemporaries loved to love and should have been right up my alley: Serial Experiments Lain. I'm all for avant-garde, and have endured countless accusations that I am being too stupid to get it (trust me, I get it just fine), I just found it absolutely boring.

For more contemporary titles: Pretty much every single shonen title that runs for several hundred episodes and has more seeders/leechers than the entirety of a given season's worth of shows (ie: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) Disclaimer: I do enjoy watching these in a group setting and making fun of what's going on.

Fate/Stay Night (I think Zero is the best show of this season though). Shiro Emiya is a close runner-up to Shinji on my characters that need to die in gruesome ways list.

Code Geass. Ok, I didn't hate it, but this show is pretty much the poster child of popcorn entertainment (hey, I can enjoy popcorn entertainment!) that somehow gets fandom to think it's deep and sophisticated. More so than even Death Note, which would have been listed as that poster child if Code Geass had never existed. I guess it's less the actual show that I hated, and more the complete idiocy it revealed in the fans.

Every harem/pantsu show ever made. Yes, if Genshiken is to believed, the Japanese otaku thrives on these and the anime industry would be dead without them. But, still. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Well, I'll stop there. Frankly, if I was to list every show I hated that "everyone" loved, I'd go past the character count, and that much negativity isn't good for anyone.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-09, 17:31   Link #1539
ArrowSmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Every harem/pantsu show ever made. Yes, if Genshiken is to believed, the Japanese otaku thrives on these and the anime industry would be dead without them. But, still. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Well, I'll stop there. Frankly, if I was to list every show I hated that "everyone" loved, I'd go past the character count, and that much negativity isn't good for anyone.
I do find it interesting based on Genshiken that true Japanese otaku favor the worst of the worst in terms of what you just described. It's no wonder that the type of manga/anime I love is so rare and hard to even get licensed.
Old 2011-10-10, 02:48   Link #1540
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Fate/Stay Night (I think Zero is the best show of this season though). Shiro Emiya is a close runner-up to Shinji on my characters that need to die in gruesome ways list:
Lol, you should definitely play the Visual Novel then.
Closed Thread