Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-13, 09:54   Link #1221
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Plus if I recall in the VN, the arrow didn't just land in the general area and explode. I seem to recall it striking Berserker in the temple.
Yeah. It was aimed at Berserker. There was no hint at that point that Archer wanted to kill Shirou.
Old 2010-10-13, 11:03   Link #1222
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah. It was aimed at Berserker. There was no hint at that point that Archer wanted to kill Shirou.
Spoiler for VN Spoiler:
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 12:49   Link #1223
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Just finished watching the movie... wow!
What amazing quality. I really liked the story over all, and really liked what they did with it.
I understand that the anime was a different route.. more EmiyaXSaber stuff, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like the other route that the movie was most likely going to show but wow I really did.

I thought the animation was top notch and blew me away (I watched it in blu-ray!), I was really impressed with how smooth everything was and how detailed the backgrounds were. especially Illya's castle. It was amazing!

I do have some fan complaints such as the whole berzerker x gilgamesh scene and how badly it all played out or how fast it all went, and especially had some bones to pick with the next scene but I can't really complain because I never played the VN so I am just going to assume that its how it actually goes. I thought berzerker should of put up a vastly better fight having god hand and what not. Besides that I actually really enjoyed the fight scenes and actually prefer most of them to their anime counterparts. I really felt the power of unlimited blade works in this film as opposed to the anime where archer was a wimp and chucked plastic swords at berzerker inside his theme park unlimited plastic toys.

I really like how they did the love story in this, they kept it subtle and didn't really emphasize but at the end of the day the viewers knew not only what was going on, but how deep and how strong the bond was. I guess it makes it easier if there isn't anybody contesting for them. Sakura was a no-show and saber never had any personal screen time which most likely made it easier!

all in all I am ALL about the UBW right now and can safely say it is one of the finest pieces of art I have ever seen. My standards are that if I can pause, take a screenshot and be willing to put it as my wallpaper (1680x1050), then it passes my inspection as amazing animation. I am really picky about animation and quality, and hate any type of pixelation. I can't even watch anime at like 800x600!, its too low!

just posting to let what I thought of the movie out.
Angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 13:02   Link #1224
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko Khan View Post
there are 3 reasons that i can remember why shirou was able to defeat gil which the movie for the most part skipped
Spoiler for game spoilers:
There are only 2 reasons why Gil was defeated by Shirou: because of his foolish arrogance (which is your usual nasu power level circumstance) and the fact he played with Shirou's terms.

Should they kept going the swords spam before UBW (or a plain Enuma Elish right from the get go), Shirou would be turned into a ridiculous hedgehog. By no mean Gilgamesh would be dry on mana, considering the context and the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
When I saw Ilya's aortic arterial blood spray, my first impression was of the bad endings to the School Days VN.

Not a good association in my book.
It isn't only Illya: it seems every anime characters designed by DEEN staff -have- to be some unlimited blood tank for no damn reason.
Shirou had it good when slashed by Archer: it is as if his jugular or femoral were hit considering that blood spray.
Old 2010-10-13, 13:19   Link #1225
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post
I really like how they did the love story in this, they kept it subtle and didn't really emphasize but at the end of the day the viewers knew not only what was going on, but how deep and how strong the bond was. I guess it makes it easier if there isn't anybody contesting for them. Sakura was a no-show and saber never had any personal screen time which most likely made it easier!
See, I wish we had more romance between the two of them. They left out a really great part with Lancer where Shirou shows how much he cares for Rin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It isn't only Illya: it seems every anime characters designed by DEEN staff -have- to be some unlimited blood tank for no damn reason.
Shirou had it good when slashed by Archer: it is as if his jugular or femoral were hit considering that blood spray.
It really makes me wonder what goes through their heads. Do you think the extra blood is better? Is it a eastern-western thing? Did the Japanese fans like the amount of blood?
Old 2010-10-13, 16:01   Link #1226
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Spoiler for VN Spoiler:
That's how I remember it too.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 22:07   Link #1227
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post

I thought the animation was top notch and blew me away (I watched it in blu-ray!), I was really impressed with how smooth everything was and how detailed the backgrounds were. especially Illya's castle. It was amazing!
This animation, with all due respect, is a piece of TURD compared to Kara no Kyoukai's animation quality. In UBW, you can tell they put a lot of effort into the animation frames during and after the first Berserker fight. You can tell when Rin's and Illya's hair animation is very smooth and shiny with the fire in the background; now THAT is top notch quality animation. Why didn't they make the rest of the movie like that? Beats me, but they half-assed the movie. After that part, the majority of the movie is just as bad as watching a TV series with a lot of static frames. None of the characters looks shiny anymore or their hair stays still. Only the very end of the movie with Rin on the window does it increase the quality again. So, this animation is NOT top notch quality at all. It has to be consistently smooth and shiny to be top notch, which UBW definitely is not.

Anyone who says this thing has good animation needs to watch more stuff. The only thing that helped this movie look good was the fact it's Blu-ray. KnK isn't even on blu-ray yet and it still looks better than UBW!

Last edited by superzombie23; 2010-10-14 at 00:15.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 02:30   Link #1228
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Does Kara no Kyoukai really have better animation? I always assumed it simply had vastly superior art.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 03:37   Link #1229
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Does Kara no Kyoukai really have better animation?
Hell yeah is the answer you'll be getting. I mean ufotable are some of the best animators in the business. Just compare the fight scenes, and you'll see the huge difference.
Old 2010-10-14, 05:41   Link #1230
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Does Kara no Kyoukai really have better animation? I always assumed it simply had vastly superior art.
Long stor short: it definitely does.
The frame rate is pretty much constant (not going on a burst/slow down unlike in UBW: see the huge difference between Saber VS Berserker and the other fights).
Not only that, but the camera is vastly more inspiring and proper for the actions scenes.
Old 2010-10-14, 09:06   Link #1231
Meatrose
Antihero

The movie was good. In terms of story however this is not even close of rivaling the main route, which was covered by the TV series, but this looks a lot better and had much better action sequences (which is to be expected since it's a movie and not a TV series). In my opinion it can't be viewed as a stand-alone adaptation of the UBW route though since it's way too compressed. You NEED to have watched the TV series or played the VN to connect some of the dots and to appreciate some of the scenes the way they're supposed to be appreciated. It's a complement to the original, not a substitute.

Nevertheless, if you remove all the eyecandy you're left with a just decent story with no emotional impact worth mentioning.

(I gave it a 5/10 rating)

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-10-14 at 20:12.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 11:34   Link #1232
przemoc

Quote:
Saying that KnK has vastly superior art to UBW is still an euphemism. Sure, UBW has some decent visual moments, but overall nothing shines there. This is a bit sad, because I thought that they would make proper use of UBW story and prove sceptics that they can be on par with ufotable - but they're not. Look at Paradox Spiral, half an hour shorter, but artwork is hundred times more appealing there than in UBW. Not to mention falling scene where the building looks almost like a real one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Long stor short: it definitely does.
The frame rate is pretty much constant (not going on a burst/slow down unlike in UBW: see the huge difference between Saber VS Berserker and the other fights).
Not only that, but the camera is vastly more inspiring and proper for the actions scenes.
And while I agree that KnK is much much better in animation too, it still could be better.
After all they're also using duplicated frames (in CFR terms, fortunately mostly only in camera-still scenes) and the same but displaced layers in multiplane camera settings. Fluidity still can be improved. Look at Remaining Sense of Pain, where Shiki attacks Asagami, who breaks her hand. Slow-motion part lacks some frames and Shiki rolling on the floor lacks some additional body positions.
Even though they're doing it obviously better. In animation everything above available resources is about perfect fooling the viewer. Deen overuses tricks and it's still not perfect in making them.

Last edited by przemoc; 2010-10-15 at 07:37. Reason: Fixed badly phrased last part of the last sentence.
przemoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 05:52   Link #1233
YaminoSeigi

Watched the movie but pretty disappointed and my reasons are pretty much the same with the others stated previously since i read the VN as well.

Just Wondering
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-15, 08:37   Link #1234
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaminoSeigi View Post
Just Wondering
Spoiler:
Spoiler for VN:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 19:32   Link #1235
kitten320

Finally saw the movie.

I had mixed emotions about it though, what I definetly didn't like was how rushed some things were. Like for example when Shirou met Rider for the first time and then next second he and Rin are fighting random skeletons inside of school while Rider is already DEAD! Just what the...
It looked like if they skipped several days or something and for Rider to be killed off that fast? By Caster of all people?

I was really displeased by that... I can understand why some other things were rushed, they basicly would be repeating anime again at some point.

But now come the pluses... Shirou didn't piss me off this time! Heck, I didn't mind him one bit here! What a suprise.

No Shirou/Saber centred story, in my eyes the whole Saber/Shirou romance concentration in anime was a huge minus. Because of that story turned from cool action into sloppy melodrama where it was not needed. While here in the movie things were kept to a minimum what made whole iterection and story more enjoyable.

Actually story on its own is better here, it isn't some love war. Gilgamesh is not there to get Saber and we don't have lover quarrels.

I could understand Archer better and I found story twists far more enoyable in this movie. Also Caster and Lancer gor more screentime.

Obviously graphics and fighting scenes were great here. Also Saber was not a typical unbittable main hero despite still being one of the strongest servants, she looked equel to everyone else what makes you feel more for her.

Despite rushed story and Rider being killed off screen in several seconds, I still liked it a lot and will give this movie 9.

P.S. I hope that if animation studio will decide to animate other routes, they will turn them into anime series with 12 episodes.
24 episodes were obviously too many last time while movie was too short. I think 12 episodes would be able to make the right series justice. Especially for 3rd route which I know has far more changes than this one.
Old 2010-10-16, 21:04   Link #1236
YaminoSeigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for VN:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-16, 22:00   Link #1237
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaminoSeigi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-17, 13:44   Link #1238
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for UBW:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 13:31   Link #1239
Aqua Knight

Was that Hrunting that Archer fired off the hill vs Berserker or just a Broken Phantasm?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 02:24   Link #1240
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Was that Hrunting that Archer fired off the hill vs Berserker or just a Broken Phantasm?
Broken Phantasm.

Emiya Shirou,the Counter Guardian.
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote