AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-18, 00:47   Link #13381
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
If he shows too much for Mikoto kenju will rage. I
Oi oi, why do I keep getting put into this

Ahem, anyways i admit that it would be pretty nice if only a little romance. Touma's moments with Itsuwa was really going strong
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-08-18, 00:54   Link #13382
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
LOL, yeah... “An Iron Bridge is a Sign of Love”
Ehhh??? Where did that come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think the reason Kamachi can't do much on Romans is because the shippers for Index, Itsuwa, and especially Mikoto. If he shows too much for Mikoto kenju will rage. If he goes towards the other two the Mikoto fans will rage. It his fault for making such a good pairing. On a certain Internet toilet Misaka and Touma are the number one in "Just Fu$k Already".

Also iirc. He said it himself he wasnt planning much on romance. We have seen it before that he can do Interactions.
Basically it's the good old Nanoha-Pairing diplomacy? Well I don't think it's fear of fan backlash, but rather he's just not 'ready' to write something more out of Romance.

Quote:

Oh, BTW, I know my mind just went to the gutter, but does anyone else find what the catgirl said a bit too much?:

“Ohh, Kamijou Touma. It’s Kamijou Touma. I don’t really care about you, but make kitty purr!”
I don't think that's the Catgirl, I think that's Tsuchimikado Maika, but that sentence looks and sounds weird- originally she just said that she wants to play with his kitten... Sphinx obviously.
Old 2011-08-18, 00:55   Link #13383
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Mikoto Awakens while kissing Touma. Better yet he impregnates her and she has a son named Jesus.
Old 2011-08-18, 01:02   Link #13384
Flere821
Lurker

Finished reading, and I have to ask "Where's the Railgun Hell?" >.>

Unless the 'hell' happens to be a overload of Railgun moe, I don't see any hypersonic projectiles after Touma's body here.

And after seeing that scene on the bridge again, I would've liked Mikoto to just ram her lips onto Touma's and drive the point that there's people caring about him being left behind into him, and he better do something about it.

I now revise my old theory that eventually it will be a final battle between Aleister and Laura for the mastermind/'final boss' of the series. It's now Laura being the one that Touma have to smash in the face, right after Bardway gets taken down in the most dramatic way possible.

By the way, does anyone here have any idea why Gremlin will choose Hawaii as the meeting point? Some obscure native myth to be dug up?

On a side note, Jesus came back after dying once. What does that make Touma now that he came back from 'dying' twice?
Old 2011-08-18, 01:06   Link #13385
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

As for your Jesus comment

Acquas title among index fans was Double Jesus. That title is now taken by Touma.
Old 2011-08-18, 01:24   Link #13386
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Finished reading, and I have to ask "Where's the Railgun Hell?" >.>
"Railgun Hell" might actually be "Railgun's Hell"...

...You know, A-cup Angst ?

After all, when you heard that Kamijou would be approaching her in a 'careless' manner, you weren't expecting that were you ?

Quote:
And after seeing that scene on the bridge again, I would've liked Mikoto to just ram her lips onto Touma's and drive the point that there's people caring about him being left behind into him, and he better do something about it.
That might actually be a good Railgun Hell...

Quote:
I now revise my old theory that eventually it will be a final battle between Aleister and Laura for the mastermind/'final boss' of the series. It's now Laura being the one that Touma have to smash in the face, right after Bardway gets taken down in the most dramatic way possible.
Nah, the final boss is God not taking any crap from mere mortals.

Quote:
By the way, does anyone here have any idea why Gremlin will choose Hawaii as the meeting point? Some obscure native myth to be dug up?
More like they're trying to dig up Hawaii and drop it on Academy City

Hey if it works, do it again

In all seriousness the wiki page has dozen of names in relations to Hawaiian Mythology, you can try your hand at it if you got time. But if this is an organization out to destroy Science, I say they're targeting Pearl Harbor... Or at least the filming set for the next season of Hawaii-Five-O... It could be either one.
Old 2011-08-18, 01:46   Link #13387
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
LOL, yeah... “An Iron Bridge is a Sign of Love”
Ehhh??? Where did that come from?
Railgun SS1, isn't it cute?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
originally she just said that she wants to play with his kitten... Sphinx obviously.
Obviously
Old 2011-08-18, 01:56   Link #13388
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
But that would mean pissed off shippers.

And as we all know, fans are to be left to decide who ends up with [insert guy or girl's name here] -- firm and assertive writing sucks!1!1!!

Actually, this is a situation where many writers can get into, though mostly in Japan.

And because of the split and dumb fandom who want perfect stuff with the one true love bullshit, it ends up that authors are being complete sissies and dodge around the issue instead of just going with it, and you know, stop the little moe bullshit and have something go on?

If I were an author (when I actually have a story to tell...), I would delight in pissing off creepy fangirls and fanboys and rubbing it in their face that I decide who fucks who and how.

Now, excuse me, but I must do something...

[Clears throat.]

Heeyyy Kenju... Misaka has a Awakening between her legs because of Toumaaa~

Actually, I don't care much about who Kamijou ends up with even if I personally prefer Mikoto because of their dynamic. Itsuwa and Index are fine too.

...But touch Misaka Worst, and I'll kill you!

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-18, 02:54   Link #13389
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

After finish reading NT 2 all of the main heroes meet each other is music comes in to mind ( all thanks to chaos2frozen)

Old 2011-08-18, 03:49   Link #13390
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Erm, thanks I guess...

Say, maybe Accelerator and Hamazura won't be taking part in the up coming trip to Hawaii? Sure they'll obviously be in the Gremlin fight one way or the other, but that doesn't mean they have to be in EVERY Gremlin fight. After all the reason why the three protagonists style works is because their stories don't majorly clash with each other and they never quite steal each other's spotlight... No need to throw all that away.
Old 2011-08-18, 03:57   Link #13391
judasmartel
*Author

Umm, wait.

So does the Three Heroes fit the trope "Fighter, Mage, Thief"?

Spoiler for To Aru Majutsu no Index FMT:
Old 2011-08-18, 04:00   Link #13392
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Umm, wait.

So does the Three Heroes fit the trope "Fighter, Mage, Thief"?

Spoiler for To Aru Majutsu no Index FMT:
I guess so.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:52   Link #13393
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I hope theres gonna be some romance in this already i mean comeone Shiage has a gf already why not touma, and if anyone mentions toumaxindex ill hit them thats wrong on so many levels pedo being at the top
Old 2011-08-18, 04:52   Link #13394
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
They haven't told us, but that was definitely not a Grimoire; as grimoires have "wills" to some point he might be not only been unable to look at it because of the contamination, but he might also been unable to touch it otherwise his own will might be attacked (like what happened to Xochitl).

I think Fiamma said that it was the basis of something? Grimoires feel more like the product of a magician's skills; that lambskin was absolutely not like that.

... BTW, based on the text I get the feeling that what Accelerator did was simply refining a small ounce of magic power and then look at reactions that are similar in nature; that's really not enough to be a magician, since it totally lacks the "spell" part (kinda like the 3rd princess, which had some knowledge about it, but had unrefined power and didn't knew any spell).
I still say that lambskin is more important or meaningful, magicwise than any grimoire shown so far though.
Old 2011-08-18, 04:55   Link #13395
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
I hope theres gonna be some romance in this already i mean comeone Shiage has a gf already why not touma, and if anyone mentions toumaxindex ill hit them thats wrong on so many levels pedo being at the top

You do know she's the same age as Mikoto, with only less than half a head shorter in height?
Old 2011-08-18, 05:28   Link #13396
MonkeyDude

*lurk off*
Well I finally finished NT2 (after a very quick glance of NT1 since really Toaru without Touma doesn't fancy my interest in the slightest) and I gotta say that it was a pleasant read overall - kudos to the translator(s) who provided an entire volume in like what? a week?

Anyway my only real issue came with that Mikoto scene. Something about it just seemed...pretentious to me. Where did she ever got the idea he was alone in his fights? From during her time in the Star of Bethlehem? I mean she has already witnessed that he has comrades with him whenever he's conducting his business (v13 comes to mind), hell even outright told her that in v16. I guess it is a heart-warming scene to some degree, but really all it illustrates is her ignorance of the ongoings of Touma's life. I mean let's just forget about the nun that's always with him okay Mikoto? You know...the one that's shown her complete faith in the lad during the events of v6?

I suppose I should also add the complete lack of any real Touma/Index scenes after what he said in v22. What happened with the whole groveling in forgiveness in front of her? What about the continuation of detailing his memory loss to her? The favoritism when it comes to the heroines is getting pretty ridiculous...though I'm hoping that this will be rectified to some degree (probably not). You kept one end of your promise Touma...on your hands and knees for the next one.

Well anyway looking forward to see how the whole three protagonists taking the same stage will pan out. I want to see Touma create his Kamijou (harem) faction already!

*lurk on*
Old 2011-08-18, 05:54   Link #13397
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
*lurk off*
Well I finally finished NT2 (after a very quick glance of NT1 since really Toaru without Touma doesn't fancy my interest in the slightest) and I gotta say that it was a pleasant read overall - kudos to the translator(s) who provided an entire volume in like what? a week?

Anyway my only real issue came with that Mikoto scene. Something about it just seemed...pretentious to me. Where did she ever got the idea he was alone in his fights? From during her time in the Star of Bethlehem? I mean she has already witnessed that he has comrades with him whenever he's conducting his business (v13 comes to mind), hell even outright told her that in v16. I guess it is a heart-warming scene to some degree, but really all it illustrates is her ignorance of the ongoings of Touma's life. I mean let's just forget about the nun that's always with him okay Mikoto? You know...the one that's shown her complete faith in the lad during the events of v6?

I suppose I should also add the complete lack of any real Touma/Index scenes after what he said in v22. What happened with the whole groveling in forgiveness in front of her? What about the continuation of detailing his memory loss to her? The favoritism when it comes to the heroines is getting pretty ridiculous...though I'm hoping that this will be rectified to some degree (probably not). You kept one end of your promise Touma...on your hands and knees for the next one.

Well anyway looking forward to see how the whole three protagonists taking the same stage will pan out. I want to see Touma create his Kamijou (harem) faction already!

*lurk on*
It's not the fact that he's always alone in his fights. She knows better with all the girls around him. No, what she's probably referring to is his complete lack of need to ask others for help when he is giving help all the time. She's trying to convey to him that he's not the only one who can help others and shoulder all the responsibility on himself.

This stems from Volume 16, when she witnesses him dragging in injured ass out of the hospital to face Acqua despite being delirious and half-dead AND without his memories. (Though where it extended to she did not know)

"You are not alone" simply refers to the fact that she's not going to wait for him to open his mouth - She's going to back his ass up no matter what so that he has support all the way. Even if he says no.
Old 2011-08-18, 06:44   Link #13398
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
It's not the fact that he's always alone in his fights. She knows better with all the girls around him. No, what she's probably referring to is his complete lack of need to ask others for help when he is giving help all the time. She's trying to convey to him that he's not the only one who can help others and shoulder all the responsibility on himself.

This stems from Volume 16, when she witnesses him dragging in injured ass out of the hospital to face Acqua despite being delirious and half-dead AND without his memories. (Though where it extended to she did not know)

"You are not alone" simply refers to the fact that she's not going to wait for him to open his mouth - She's going to back his ass up no matter what so that he has support all the way. Even if he says no.

Exactly, people should stop taking that one line she said so literally.

Touma's policy has always to involve as little people as possible, those allies that fought with him are people who have already gotten themselves involved one-way or the other but Touma himself has never ever asked people for help- the most he ever did was to call up Komoe or Mikoto to ask for information without really involving them.

This is properly illustrated in Vol 16 where even as a broken wreck, Touma never want to involve other people.

As for WWIII, remember that he was prepared to enter Russia all by himself, Lessar came on her own will.
Old 2011-08-18, 07:01   Link #13399
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

The thing in NT2 that makes me laugh is how Shiage is going down, according to Rikou, the "path of evil".
Old 2011-08-18, 07:08   Link #13400
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've just realized something on my way back home from work on the train... ISN'T KUROYORU STILL LOCKED UP IN THE BATHROOM ?! What's with everybody going their separate ways and forgetting she's still in there ?!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen