AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 20:33   Link #2261
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Hot damn. Look at that Shindouji score. Achiga and Senriyama's performances are impressive, but if we keep in mind that Mairu's performance will have at least double the han in the Captain's round they're looking seriously dangerous.
Hey your right, considering that Shindouji has 25,000 points gain as their score. Their looking for a 50,000 payback at least in the captain round. Which coincidentally will put them back into the running for second place. This is not even taking account the fact that the 50,000 points must come from somewhere so depending on who they hit they will be really in the running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

Despite the massive point debit that they've experienced, Shiraitodai really isn't that concerned about it huh? Some people are saying that it doesn't do them any favors, but I don't know, for me it's actually worrisome, ESPECIALLY after Awai's off-hand comment.
Yeah, I'm also concerned about how Shiraitodai is behaving. I know that they're suppose to be taking it easy but how confident can they be? From the looks of it, the answer is Very confident. We already know that Shiraitodai knows about Shindouji's pattern of winning yet even if they know judging from the score that Shindouji will be getting 50k in the next round, I can't even see a hint of worry on their faces and as I've said before Awai looks really happy.

Which begs the question if Shiraitodai is that confident against their semi-final opponents, why are they even bothering with the data collection that they're doing it right in the middle of the match even if its putting them in a disadvantage? I can only assume that they're preparing for the opponents in the finals that will arise from Side-B. But, I do wonder who is it that got them bothered?

Rinkai = they have a ridiculous all star international line-up after all
Uzusan = Hayari-pro is wary of them
Himematsu= ok this is unlikely but they're leveling up right now and they have a number of good pros looking after their progress.
Kiyosumi = our protagonists? Well, they're being really eye-catching right now. Beating Ryuumonbuuchi in the prefecturals, finishing their first match in the nationals on the lieutenant match without having Saki and Nodoka to play and ousting Eisui out of the competition. Come to think of it, Awai and Takami watched their quarterfinal match so they might have felt Saki's LOL! demon aura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchez11 View Post
Hello, I'm new here, well not totally new I been a lurker for quite a while, although I don't even know how to play mahjong I really like this series
Hello to you, too. Its nice to know more fellow Saki fans!

Quote:

I think saki's weakness is being so weak will, whenever she get scared her defense mechanism is to release this strong monster aura, she's like an animal saying to her aggressor she's a dangerous prey so don't you dare try to approach me, it’s like a form of intimidation to scare off potential danger, so I think a person who got a lot of determination or the very persistent people will give her a lot of trouble because even if you warn them not to go and hunt you, like a persistent hunter they won't stop until they finally get what they wanted or until they themselves get killed, she's the total opposite of shizu, although their goal is somewhat similar it is to finally meet someone important to them thru mahjong.
You know this theory is perfectly plausible. It does have an interesting irony that Saki's demon aura, the one that induces fear in everyone that feel it, flares up when Saki herself is scared. Its like as you've said the demonic aura is more of a defense mechanism so that people won't attack her. After watching the series some more, I find its interesting that Saki's demon aura of doom flares up when Saki is in highly stressful situation like when she is lost ala Ryuumonbuchi and Achiga encounter or in the last match wherein Saki was feeling scared. Its also doubly amusing that the there is a possibility that if Saki is in complete control and not scared, you would probably not find a peep of her aura at all.

Though, the fact that it is a defense mechanism doesn't in my eyes detract from the perceived danger by her opponents. For me, the danger is very real. If we consider that while Saki is spewing demonic aura of doom on her opponents she is in +/- zero mode, then attacking her is inherently a bad idea. Because the harder Saki loses points in that mode, the harder she needs to hit someone so that she would reach her sweet spot.

Quote:
teru was right “saki, if you bloom with all your might, just like those flower…” although she never finish that line I think saki need to bloom (to grow) in order to go further and like a flower that need its sunlight to finally bloom, saki is here now because of teru.
I'm glad that someone else caught this. "Teru" and "Saki" beside symbolic representation of their special moves can also be a representation of their bonds or relationship with one another.

In Saki's case, Teru is the sun that she needs. Beside that, flowers and plants in general grow in the direction of the sun, and this is emulated by the fact that Saki move in the direction of her personal sun. Good or bad as many have noted Saki is primarily here because Teru is here.

Btw, welcome darkchez11 and good job to your first post on Saki thread!
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 20:38   Link #2262
darkchez11

Spoiler for saki:

saki's pro mahjong card is this for real? white devil? and white lily

edit: well thank you night.
darkchez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 00:56   Link #2263
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ahahaha, this is probably the first place I've seen compare mama Atago to Margery Daw, of all people.

Despite the massive point debit that they've experienced, Shiraitodai really isn't that concerned about it huh? Some people are saying that it doesn't do them any favors, but I don't know, for me it's actually worrisome, ESPECIALLY after Awai's off-hand comment.
Awai Time is coming, they have no reason to be concerned, I mean, they even left her out of their plan to feel up the competition for the finals so she is free to do her thing, whatever that is. They know there's nothing to fear.

And while we're on the subject of Shiraitodai, while it could be easy to say everyone but Teru and Awai don't live up to expectations, to put it kindly, let's think about it: As I said, they're feeling up the competition, and more importantly, none of them, not even Teru, are being allowed to unleash all their power (Teru got ganged up against, Sumire got her tell found out, etc). I know it should be obvious being a spinoff and all, but it's probably worth remembering this isn't Shiraitodai's full power.

Anyway, it's good to see Shizu getting some recognition, and from the Koromo, that's saying something. As I thought, refusing to give up is a good ability to have in the sakiverse, now it's a matter of seeing if it works in a real battle against a monster level player.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 01:16   Link #2264
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yes - indeedy. Always glad to see more Saki fans in these parts.

Very much looking forward to seeing the chapters when available....

And huzzah for Shizu btw!
Old 2012-11-08, 04:21   Link #2265
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also, a couple more images

Spoiler for Achiga:
Spoiler for Reply:

Waiting for scans will be good... At least it is more clearer.......
Old 2012-11-08, 05:28   Link #2266
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Spoiler for saki:

Is this pro card for real?
White Devil? How did Saki get this title? Is she like the kind demon on the majhong table? After crushing all her opponents she then goes off saying "Majhong is tanoshii."

White Lily is supposed to be her team, right? Who could be her teammates? Whoever they are, I supposed it's an all star cast...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 06:47   Link #2267
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
White Devil? How did Saki get this title? Is she like the kind demon on the majhong table? After crushing all her opponents she then goes off saying "Majhong is tanoshii."

White Lily is supposed to be her team, right? Who could be her teammates? Whoever they are, I supposed it's an all star cast...
The nickname given by the japanese people who watched the show called her the Kiyosumi's White Devil, though she REALLY is the devil in disguise.

But then, imagine fighting against Teru, Koromo, Saki and Awai in White Lily... I will pass on that...
Old 2012-11-08, 07:13   Link #2268
RJ TAYLER

Now that's something odd to square with my head. "White Devil" and 'CV KANA UDEA' imagery arising from the same card.

Mind you I have heard of a "White Lady Funerals" in my neck of the woods, I hope that's NOT their sponsored team as I would wonder if Saki was touting for a few new customers.
Old 2012-11-08, 07:18   Link #2269
JW1

Quote:
Spoiler for saki:

White devil huh? Well, I guess she does have a habit of befriending her opponents...
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:21   Link #2270
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post

It's obviously fake... but then again, I'm wondering whether someone could translate her description. It kinda seems interesting

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 07:26   Link #2271
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Yeah, I'm also concerned about how Shiraitodai is behaving. I know that they're suppose to be taking it easy but how confident can they be? From the looks of it, the answer is Very confident. We already know that Shiraitodai knows about Shindouji's pattern of winning yet even if they know judging from the score that Shindouji will be getting 50k in the next round, I can't even see a hint of worry on their faces and as I've said before Awai looks really happy.
Teru sits there looking concerned yet Awai is positively laughing at what is going on. I can't help feeling that doesn't bode well for someone!
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 10:17   Link #2272
fansgirl

White devil, befriending by beating her opponent, Kana Ueda....*snort* looks familiar to me XD

can't wait to know why Awai is looks really happy when Shiraitodai score rapidly decreasing
fansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 10:29   Link #2273
The Green One

Maybe she's looking forward to a chance to beat up the fools who dare appear before her rather then cruise to an effortless boring victory due to the previous player's work.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 23:18   Link #2274
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
You know this theory is perfectly plausible. It does have an interesting irony that Saki's demon aura, the one that induces fear in everyone that feel it, flares up when Saki herself is scared. Its like as you've said the demonic aura is more of a defense mechanism so that people won't attack her. After watching the series some more, I find its interesting that Saki's demon aura of doom flares up when Saki is in highly stressful situation like when she is lost ala Ryuumonbuchi and Achiga encounter or in the last match wherein Saki was feeling scared. Its also doubly amusing that the there is a possibility that if Saki is in complete control and not scared, you would probably not find a peep of her aura at all.

Though, the fact that it is a defense mechanism doesn't in my eyes detract from the perceived danger by her opponents. For me, the danger is very real. If we consider that while Saki is spewing demonic aura of doom on her opponents she is in +/- zero mode, then attacking her is inherently a bad idea. Because the harder Saki loses points in that mode, the harder she needs to hit someone so that she would reach her sweet spot.
Actually, she also had the demon aura when she was found her confidence against Koromo.
I think the scary thing about Saki is that whether she's afraid or confident she's always perfectly rational and thinking ahead. The difference is that when she's afraid she goes for +/- zero, whereas when she's confident, she goes all out to rape you without lube.
So you either get a monster or the queen of hell.

Anyhow, the next match in Achiga-hen should prove to be a roller-coaster. On one hand, I think we can vouch on Shiraitodai and Achiga going through; the first due to final boss status and the latter due to MC status (and too many hints - promises and shit). But I'm sure the other teams will give a hard battle. I'm sure Ryuuka will start playing poorly due to Toki's state, but will probably play better because Toki shows up or something. Himeko is expected to do some shit due to her ability. I'm expecting Awai to live up to all the hype she's had so far.
Old 2012-11-09, 15:00   Link #2275
King-Slayer

Raws are out for the chapter.
Spoiler for About the chapter:
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 18:05   Link #2276
Requiem-x
The slacking one

With the raws out, here's another image I found quite interesting.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:31   Link #2277
The Green One

Definitely looks like an exciting chapter, great to see Arata finally get a chance to strut her stuff. It seems this is the last hand of Arata's game, if Mairu can win with this 7 han bind, it could unleash something truly scary in the Captain's round. Really looking forward to the trans.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 00:13   Link #2278
fansgirl

yeah I can't wait too. where I can read Saki raw? cause I can't find it
fansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 02:43   Link #2279
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansgirl View Post
yeah I can't wait too. where I can read Saki raw? cause I can't find it
You can download the raws here...
http://www.speedyshare.com/jNQqM/Achiga-ch16.zip