Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-19, 11:59   Link #2301
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Exactly. US Cuba policy has been nothing but absurd since the Bay of Pigs.... this is long overdue.

And Venezuela has never been "an enemy" of the US -- we have far too many economic ties. What we've had for the past eight years are two clown presidents (Bush and Chavez) wasting everyone's time. Now that one of the clowns is gone, the other may be ready to put down the clown suit.
Economic ties?

Not sure if anybody has realized but most economic ties with some countries are always an obstacle to fixing the economy but that does not necessary apply to Venezuela and Cuba, yet it does with other nations.

I can elaborate but that would take at least 30 minutes and thus, I prefer not to.
Old 2009-04-19, 12:16   Link #2302
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine_cute View Post
If we want to live peacefully we should not only care about humans but all relevent things......this post was just a small example of how selfish humans can get and it is really a vast topic.......
Yadda yadda, look, humans are like cockroaches they multiply, they consume, habit destruction, over hunting, and even to some extent domestication all are detrimental to animals, but the fact is that humans aren't meant to be vegans, our bodies need proteins and this is fact, and really plants that do contain high amounts of protein can't be mass produced to be a substantial source of protein. Anyway my point is the as the world moves toward the developed status and abandons the nomadic ways that we once used more emphasis will be placed on the environment and ecology of this world, I'm all with perserving the genetic diversity that exists on this world, but the fact is we can't even properly clothe and feed our starving children in the US, how can we protect everything in a efficient use of government money and education? Really the only way to spread awareness is to educate people, but really you shouldn't blame people who are in a recession about not caring about the poor "animals" because in times of stress we can only focus on so much, maybe you are not feeling the pain in the economy, and the lack of money, and job insecurity, but I bet a ton of people here are. If this was a time of prosperity I would think otherwise but at this point I understand peoples sentiments.
Old 2009-04-19, 13:10   Link #2303
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
This news is really IMPORTANT and i highly plead everyone to see it...

http://adventuremagazine.co.nz/2008/...aise-protests/

http://www.seashepherd.org/whales/da...e-islands.html

HUMANS are the beasts here and what do you expect for your future??
This remind me of a very familiar, (in)famous animal rights organization called Peta which don't like people/companies who kill animals for food, allow people to use animals or even have them for pets. I don't believe in animal rights because animals don't have the same level of intelligence as human beings and most activists are hypocritical because they in fact kill animals and most of the time, they are too radical. I do support animal welfare which are against people abusing/neglecting their pets.

Remember, vegetables and plants have feelings too!
Old 2009-04-19, 18:04   Link #2304
Cinocard

Oh, Do they?
Old 2009-04-19, 18:38   Link #2305
klowny
OH NO

Quote:

I heard whale is pretty tasty

if plants are living then they must have feelings as well?
Old 2009-04-19, 19:23   Link #2306
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny View Post
I heard whale is pretty tasty

I've read a few reports about people doing some experiments on plants with polygraphs, although the results are debated.
Old 2009-04-19, 19:24   Link #2307
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Oh, Do they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by klowny
Yep... and I have proof that plants have feelings:
- If you don't water then, they droop and end up dying after days without water
- Plants take in sunlight, just like humans and animals eat to get energy
- The plants die if you cut them from their roots.

It's debated if plants have feelings... as they don't have a nervous system... but they are still living things.

---

Peta may not realize this, but plants should have rights as humans to... down with plant cruelty! Plants are not meant to be eaten, used, or worn by humans! [/sarcasm]
Old 2009-04-19, 19:34   Link #2308
mg1942

Quote:

omg

That link will galvanize the eco terrorists... like the ones attacking Japanese fishing vessels as seen in a cable channel called the Animal Planet.
Old 2009-04-19, 20:09   Link #2309
Nosauz

Clearly bugs have more rights than animals, considering they predate animals by a long shot. Eating lobster, crab is INHUMANE, they have feelings, or exoskelotns, as thats all I'm aware of. Everytime you step on an ant.. that should be a death sentence, what did that ant do to u? or when ever u swat a mosquito, oh the hypocrisy.
Old 2009-04-19, 20:38   Link #2310
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I hate PETA they kill more animals than they save.

But I can't really support the unneccessary killing of the whales; it's not like they're eating, selling or doing anything much other than killing the whales. If it served a purpose other than proving you're a man, then its really extravagent. They can't really justify it other than it's their tradition.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2009-04-19, 20:56   Link #2311
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Since humans have brains~the power of thinking ability and technology, they are trying their best to stop the wars and stuff but the animals are getting neglected.....

They are killed recklessly and along with the deforestation they are getting extinct and are losing their homes(this is a very vast topic....)

Its very sad that all these wars and crimes are caused by humans and we should also look at other aspects like wildlife and nature........
As long as they are not just torturing them for fun and are actually using them for a good purpose, I don't see the problem. I mean sure it's kind of sad that they approach directly out of kindness, but food is food. If this is an easy way to get it, then it's an easy way to get it.
Old 2009-04-19, 21:48   Link #2312
Shadow Kira01

Ex-minister Nakagawa suggests debate on Japan having nuclear weapons

The leader of "HANA no Kai" has made a very bad suggestion. Considering that the general elections is coming up soon.. Any leader of a political party that agrees to have a debate on the topic will most likely lose the upcoming election. First of all, what Japan really needs right now is not an useless debate over adopting nuclear weapons but rather to get the United States to approve Japan the right to collective self-defense without violating any international laws. The good thing is that Japan will be able to defend American and other ally ships in Somalia or Afghanistan when support is necessary. Saving allies when they are in need is one of the greatest virtue and also the fact that it would be pointless for the MSDF to be over in Somalia and Afghanistan if they cannot defend allies when they are need. Just doing guard work and refuel is not very necessary, Japan needs a greater role, one that will ensure an international spotlight that may earn Japan a permenent seat in the United Nations Security Council.

Secondly, the Japanese government should fund more money into the aerospace programs so that satellite technology and space engineering would improve, since it is already too obvious that the future wars will take place in space where enemies may try to shoot down satellites, wiping out our radar systems and putting us in the dark, while they fire their ballistic missiles in which intercepters will no doubt fail without the support of functional radars.

Finally, the nukes.. It is absolutely unnecessary! In fact, it would be best to persuade the world into denuclearizing while strengthening bilateral ties with the United States. If relations with the fellow superpower ally is good and smooth, maybe the United States will help nuke North Korea if they launch an invasion or a military attack on the Japanese mainland. The leader of denuclearization should not adopt nukes, otherwise things won't work out. Nobody, not even the allies will listen if Japan start discussing about adopting nukes.
Old 2009-04-19, 23:22   Link #2313
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Ex-minister Nakagawa suggests debate on Japan having nuclear weapons

The leader of "HANA no Kai" has made a very bad suggestion. Considering that the general elections is coming up soon.. Any leader of a political party that agrees to have a debate on the topic will most likely lose the upcoming election. First of all, what Japan really needs right now is not an useless debate over adopting nuclear weapons but rather to get the United States to approve Japan the right to collective self-defense without violating any international laws. The good thing is that Japan will be able to defend American and other ally ships in Somalia or Afghanistan when support is necessary. Saving allies when they are in need is one of the greatest virtue and also the fact that it would be pointless for the MSDF to be over in Somalia and Afghanistan if they cannot defend allies when they are need. Just doing guard work and refuel is not very necessary, Japan needs a greater role, one that will ensure an international spotlight that may earn Japan a permenent seat in the United Nations Security Council.

Secondly, the Japanese government should fund more money into the aerospace programs so that satellite technology and space engineering would improve, since it is already too obvious that the future wars will take place in space where enemies may try to shoot down satellites, wiping out our radar systems and putting us in the dark, while they fire their ballistic missiles in which intercepters will no doubt fail without the support of functional radars.

Finally, the nukes.. It is absolutely unnecessary! In fact, it would be best to persuade the world into denuclearizing while strengthening bilateral ties with the United States. If relations with the fellow superpower ally is good and smooth, maybe the United States will help nuke North Korea if they launch an invasion or a military attack on the Japanese mainland. The leader of denuclearization should not adopt nukes, otherwise things won't work out. Nobody, not even the allies will listen if Japan start discussing about adopting nukes.
Translation: Nakagawa coolly drew his weapon and shot himself in the foot... then he proceeded to shoot the feet of his fellow party members...
Baka....
Old 2009-04-20, 06:06   Link #2314
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
If we want to live peacefully we should not only care about humans but all relevent things......this post was just a small example of how selfish humans can get and it is really a vast topic.......
If you are going to argue that the human life is sacred, I am going to throw a white custard pie in your face.

While people often argue about the sanctity of life, it never amounted much to them that they are being hypocrites because they put their lives above others in that single argument. Rights are to be fought for, they are not an entitlement, including the right to live. If you are at the bottom of the food chain, fight your way up, even if it means displacing assholes permanently from their mortality. For your own good and others too, don't stay down there.

I used to be a suicidal, until it all came through to me that NOBODY has the right to live unless he/she fights for it. After all, what your mind can perceive, it can achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post

But I can't really support the unneccessary killing of the whales; it's not like they're eating, selling or doing anything much other than killing the whales. If it served a purpose other than proving you're a man, then its really extravagent. They can't really justify it other than it's their tradition.
This is actually the fault of the USDoD. They failed to designate PETA as a domestic terrorist group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Translation: Nakagawa coolly drew his weapon and shot himself in the foot... then he proceeded to shoot the feet of his fellow party members...
Baka....
But to the rest of the world, he is just holding a BB gun.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-04-20 at 06:18.
Old 2009-04-20, 07:51   Link #2315
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Since humans have brains~the power of thinking ability and technology, they are trying their best to stop the wars and stuff but the animals are getting neglected.....

They are killed recklessly and along with the deforestation they are getting extinct and are losing their homes(this is a very vast topic....)

Its very sad that all these wars and crimes are caused by humans and we should also look at other aspects like wildlife and nature........
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
As long as they are not just torturing them for fun and are actually using them for a good purpose, I don't see the problem. I mean sure it's kind of sad that they approach directly out of kindness, but food is food. If this is an easy way to get it, then it's an easy way to get it.
If there is a purpose of killing a animal and we use it, then there is no problem as long we aren't torturing them for fun... If animals were to have animal rights, we would be facing overpopulation which is alot worse... and it would be bad for the animals as well... so it's better to not give them full rights, but also not giving the rights for humans to torture them without any purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Clearly bugs have more rights than animals, considering they predate animals by a long shot. Eating lobster, crab is INHUMANE, they have feelings, or exoskelotns, as thats all I'm aware of. Everytime you step on an ant.. that should be a death sentence, what did that ant do to u? or when ever u swat a mosquito, oh the hypocrisy.
It seems that animal rights activists are more focused on animals, but aren't bugs considered as a animal too? So, why animal rights groups don't focus on insects because they are squashed and tortured by humans and animals all the time. Not to mention, insecticides can be considered mass murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post

Like I said earlier, PETA is a hypocritical organization that do kill animals after adopting them... and also give money to the ALF, Animal Liberation Front to fund domestic terrorist activity... PETA should be listed as a domestic terrorist group like SaintlessHeart have stated and also delisted as a non-profit organization, but they haven't.

If there isn't a purpose for killing a animal, then they shouldn't do it, right? unless they are going to use it for a good purpose.
Old 2009-04-20, 10:03   Link #2316
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

i am not an animal activist and i am not against non-vegetarians at all and through my post, i only want to highlight that we can kill animals for food(in some cases if we want to remain alive) but animals should not be killed for fun.Thats all....
Old 2009-04-20, 11:10   Link #2317
Tiberium Wolf

From George Carlin

We kill:

mosquitoes and flies coz they are pests
lions and tiger coz it's fun
chicken and pigs coz we are hungry
pheasant and quails coz it's fun and we are hungry
people coz they are pests and it's fun
Old 2009-04-20, 11:55   Link #2318
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
i am not an animal activist and i am not against non-vegetarians at all and through my post, i only want to highlight that we can kill animals for food(in some cases if we want to remain alive) but animals should not be killed for fun.Thats all....
It's very very rare that animals are actually killed for fun. I don't know a single hunter that doesn't eat the animals that he kills. It's a lot more uncommon than you might think.

I don't see what the thing about the whales has to do with that though. If you actually read it, it's very clear that they actually use the whales.

Perhaps you could explain why you posted the article when it has nothing to do with what you are trying to highlight?
Old 2009-04-20, 12:03   Link #2319
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
It's very very rare that animals are actually killed for fun. I don't know a single hunter that doesn't eat the animals that he kills. It's a lot more uncommon than you might think.

I don't see what the thing about the whales has to do with that though. If you actually read it, it's very clear that they actually use the whales.

Perhaps you could explain why you posted the article when it has nothing to do with what you are trying to highlight?
of couse they use the whales to earn money or for meat....but there is a kind of competition for killing whales......so there is a risk of extinction of the species.....its not good only for the sake of comp.....
Old 2009-04-20, 12:09   Link #2320
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Jackie Chan's China comments prompt backlash
There goes our hero being a sellout to the Chinese totalitarians :{

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international