AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-30, 00:04   Link #1
DAmer
Hokage

[Manga] Smartest Ninja?

Who do you think is the smartest ninja with respect to thier cunningness, ability to make mastermind plans and as per their ability to use techniques at the right time at the right situation and the right way?

Shikamaru - (He is a obvious candidate) smart battles vs Kin, vs Temari, vs Tayuya.

Sakura - Gets top grades in test, best at chakra control, so far no good battles except for the one in manga.

Shino - smart battles vs the sound ninja guy with air holes, vs Kankuro.

Kakashi - smart battles vs Zabuza, vs Itachi, and the ones in manga.

Orochimaru - He s good in fighting and making diabolical plans, killed the kazekage took his place, waged war against Konoha, killed the third, ect ect..

Kabuto - smart battle vs Tsunade, Pretty sneaky the way he escapes from Kakashi.

Naruto - smart battles vs Kiba, vs Neji and the plan he made to free Kakashi from zabuza's prison.

Jiraiya - smart battles vs Orochimaru, vs Itachi and Kisame, must be pretty smart getting all those information about Orochimaru and Akatsuki.

Yondaime Hokage - He noticed the Chidori's weakness immediatly, he came up with the perfect strategy to end the war, his quick thinking on the battlefield saved 1000 shinobi. ( Thanks to Yellow Flash)

Last edited by DAmer; 2006-09-30 at 11:16.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 00:51   Link #2
Airaku
####

Shikamaru is pretty much the archetype in the manga as far as strategy goes. If your asking me rank your list I (in terms of strategy) would say…

1 Shika
2 Oro
3 Kakashi
4 Kabuto
5 Jiraiya
6 Shino
7 Naruto
8 Sakura

…but if you’re asking who has the most knowledge in shinobi arts that would be a completely different list altogether.
Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 00:55   Link #3
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Evaluate skills in battle...
But we know little of a lot of characters.
Shikamaru thinks in a way unexpected or otherwise thinks ahead rather than thinking of the 'now'
SHIKAMARU #1 GO GO GO
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 01:15   Link #4
adien_000
WC3 Player

Well i have to say the akatsuki leader beacuse he/she was able to create.A sealing ninjustu to unseal a bijuu and seal it back up into that satue without killing himself.To me thats like FREAKING SMART.
adien_000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 03:26   Link #5
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

akatsuki leader is a he.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 03:31   Link #6
Airaku
####

Quote:
Originally Posted by adien_000
Well i have to say the akatsuki leader beacuse he/she was able to create.A sealing ninjustu to unseal a bijuu and seal it back up into that satue without killing himself.To me thats like FREAKING SMART.
Spoilers in [Manga] threads only
Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 03:57   Link #7
Yellow Flash
Banned

Yondaime Hokage was the smartest shinobi.

Spoiler:
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 04:26   Link #8
ladyofhiei

Send a message via Yahoo to ladyofhiei
*thinks*

I think that Shikamaru is the best fighter. It takes a really smart person to work ten steps ahead of what is happening.

Also I think that Kakashi is high. What better a way is there to win, than by unnerving them by being able to copy their own attack, and send it back at them?
ladyofhiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 04:47   Link #9
Ero-Senn1n

What kind of smartness is in question here, i can see basically two kinds: one is to come up with new super-jutsu (Rasengan of Yondaime, body-change of Orochimaru, puppets of Sasori/Chiyo, etc...) or in-fight strategy thinking. One is long time scientific thinking while the other is very short time. It's clear that the person who can do one is smart enough to have a good level in the other, but still everybody has a speciality. For example Shikamaru until now did not show us any super-jutsu that he developed on his own, his jutsu all seem to be from his family. So he is very good in short term thinking in ninja battles and shogi. Then there is Jiraiya, he does not seem to be very good thinker in actual battles (my opinion of course), however he always pulls out some crazy strong jutsu, and people like Itachi are afraid of him probably not because he is so good in a battle but because he could pull out something like the death god jutsu, and then the opponent is doomed. It's also true for akatsukians, for example Sasori really did not have good tactics, what he had were all his powerful jutsu. Sakura and Chiyo won with better tactics over stronger jutsu. Same now for Shikamaru...
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 07:21   Link #10
Rachy
Disabled By Request

According to the kyuubi brat, Kakashi is smarter than Shika.

Though ninjas like Yondaime, Kabuto, Akatsuki leader etc might have high IQ's like Shika too.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 07:23   Link #11
Hir0

smarts?
Probally Kakashi, since this is [Manga], i can add kakashi was said that he was as smart as shika, as strong as chouji and as fast as Lee, and a nose as good as kiba

But i think Shika is the smartest strategy wise
Sakura knowledge wise
and probally the fourth for jutsu learning
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 07:51   Link #12
Rurik
Golden

I think it was Implied it is Shikamaru...dont know, maybe I read wrong..oh waith, I did not...
Old 2006-09-30, 10:45   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Without any doubt...is Shikamaru the smartest Ninja by far...i dont think even the real genius "Einstein, Tesla or Newton" had an IQ NEAR 200...and Shika's 200 or up.

If he manages to increase his chakra and as a future jounin learns Kage Bunshin (yeah i said this before) he'll be amoung the best ninja's in Konoha...surpassing pretty much everyone...with his exceptional abilities and strategy.
Old 2006-09-30, 11:06   Link #14
DAmer
Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
What kind of smartness is in question here, i can see basically two kinds: one is to come up with new super-jutsu (Rasengan of Yondaime, body-change of Orochimaru, puppets of Sasori/Chiyo, etc...) or in-fight strategy thinking.
This thread is originally intented for in-fight strategy thinking, but i guess the ability to come up with ones own jutsu can also be stated if it has any relevance to their fighting tactics. For example Jiraiya used his swamp of the underworld against the three headed snake summon to stop its movement, for anyother situation that jutsu is useless, but he did the right thing using it at that very moment. Same for the time he uses the frog intestine technique, he uses it at the right place since I think that jutsu can only be used at places with 6 walls and spiky hair technique he came up with ( didnt actually work ) but it was good decision to counter Orochimarus snake like neck jutsu.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 14:51   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
Without any doubt...is Shikamaru the smartest Ninja by far...i dont think even the real genius "Einstein, Tesla or Newton" had an IQ NEAR 200...and Shika's 200 or up.
Albert Einstein's I.Q. was estimated to be 160.

Found this......:

Who is the smartest person that ever lived?

According to Guiness Book of Records, the smartest person in the world is Marilyn vos Savant who scored IQ 228 Terman as a 10 year old. This would, according to recent research, correspond to about IQ 185 at adult age. That score is, at least, surpassed by the chess player Bobby Fisher (187).

No one knows who is the smartest person that ever lived, that is for sure. But some psychologists believe that William James Sidis reached the maximum capacity possible for a human. The same may apply for eg., the seer of visions, Emanuel Swedenborg, who was so intelligent that he turned mad in the later part of his life.

In the Buzan's Book of Mental World Records, the highest IQ score ever attained is assigned to the history's greatest universal genius Leonardo da Vinci. The estimate is a nearly unbelievable adult IQ of 220.

The chances that anyone on Earth has an IQ of 220 is about 1 in 1,600,000,000 -- that's over 100 times less likely than a single lottery ticket matching all 6 numbers.

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-09-30 at 17:06.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 16:23   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerpants
It seems awfully strange they have IQ tests in Naruto.

I'm pretty sure Shika isn't the most intelligent in Naruto so far.

Also I'm not sure if we should take their IQ the same as ours, I think that by the statement that his IQ was ___ high was just a statement of how he is much more intelligent than the average genin, not that he is some unstoppable brain.
If Im not incorrect, ASuma did the IQ test specifically to Shikamaru, because Asumma found it strange that Shikamaru lacked in his grade whereas he was extremely good at Shougy.

And until stated the contrary, Shika remains the smarter. given the emphasis given to his intelligence.
Old 2006-09-30, 16:31   Link #17
Kinder

So far, imo, kakashi is the smartest ninja. One important thing about being smart, is to be able to create smart ppl. He started training sasuke in an awsome way, now recently naruto. He can think of something even vs the strongest oponnent, or in hospital. His analisation, improvisation, overall knowlege are pretty cool too.

Other would be Yondaime, for the things that YF said; he changed chakra form to the maximum lvl without using seals, made up flawless jutsus helpfull in every situation.
Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 16:38   Link #18
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerpants
Yes, I know but I just mean people are seemingly comparing the Naruto IQ to our own IQ and I was sort of doubtful that's what they wanted, I think it was just an overall statement of how smart he is, not that he is as smart as _____ person in our world.
I think the author intention was to make it look as he is as Intelligent as someone that has a 200+ IQ in the real world.
Old 2006-09-30, 16:42   Link #19
rasedori
akatsuki member

i think the smartest ninja would be sandaime because he mastered almost every jutsu, and overall he was a great hokage.
rasedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 17:09   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Lot many of you are most likely to go on and on about jutsus invented techniques etc etc i.e. Yondaime Orochimaru Sarutobi

But I would like to take age into consideration that leaves me two choices Itachi and Shikamaru . Both are extremly smarted and talented . With Itachi outshining the later . But I would go Shikamaru he is a tactcian he has proved that number of times . Just a genius when it comes to battle startergy and planning .

In a real war there are thousands of foot soldiers but the person who really counts is a Genral . And shikamaru is that Genral