AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-20, 17:40   Link #41
kramerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I loved Tenchi Muyo, and I had been waiting for this; but I only knew it existed a few days ago by accidentally finding this thread... I think it is ridiculous that this has garnered so little attention and so few fansub groups. I liked the first episode; I'm interested to know more, about how Kenshi got there, and even though at first I resisted seeing another harem-esque situation that Mashima so often does (very ridiculously in gxp, I think - the main character ending up with twenty five wives, but I didn't watch that one...) But I soon found everything endearing and familiar, yet also fascinating as this authors worlds tend to be. I like the 'dark elf' character.
I'm in the same boat. Tenchi Muyo was one of the first anime I really followed way back in the day. And now this lil guy is like the reincarnation of Tenchi. He's pretty unassuming, but in a fight he can handle himself very well. You can also tell just about every girl he comes across will fall for him at some point, just like the original Tenchi himself.

EDIT: Watched episode 3 and 4. Really does feel like it's mostly about Tenchi-like harem antics. Also need an explanation as to why in episode 3 girls where having orgasms all over the place from a massage (it "might" have been pain instead, but blushing+panting makes me think they're not in pain).

Nanael is not amused.

Last edited by kramerica; 2009-07-21 at 11:46.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 09:18   Link #42
Oberon

Got to see episode 6 and enjoyed it greatly. BTW if you were thinking that up until now there was a distinct lack of fanservice (heh), this episode should definitely help to up the ratio. Amazingly enough, there was also some space left to advance the plot a (little) bit and yay, we even got some mech action.

Spoiler for ep6:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 09:53   Link #43
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Ahhhh, I need subs...
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 16:27   Link #44
slidingk1

Surprised how low under the radar this one flew it must be due to the fact that many sub groups had a hard time getting raw materials. Can't wait for some groups to sub this it's very much a feel good disconnect brain anime. The strong suits is that Isekai good for a few laughs so don't try to dig too deep for plot.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 18:09   Link #45
kramerica

The raws for episode 3 (and I think 4) are out, so I'm sort of surprised no one picked this one up. Like I said before I REALLY need to know what the deal is with the whole orgasmic massages :P

Nanael is not amused.
Old 2009-08-24, 04:06   Link #46
slidingk1

Raws are out up to episde 6 It's a OVA with monthly vs weekly release date so it's not the most attractive project for many sub groups. But hey it's better then most the stuff out for the summer season. If the orgasmic massages have you confused just watch episode 6 *epic nose bleed*
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 11:31   Link #47
Infornography

lol I released episode 03 subtitled under a group name [Zettai_Ryo-Ohki] but it got reported as an anonymous group here... ~_~. Sorry about the seeders btw, everyone bailed out in the chan instead of helping me seed~
Infornography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 13:23   Link #48
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornography View Post
lol I released episode 03 subtitled under a group name [Zettai_Ryo-Ohki] but it got reported as an anonymous group here... ~_~. Sorry about the seeders btw, everyone bailed out in the chan instead of helping me seed~
Just finished watching the fansub. Nice job you did there and now more people can enjoy seeing the nimble fingers of Kenshi in action. Good luck with the other episodes. So far the series has resisted any team's endeavor to sub more than one episode.

Spoiler for ep3:
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 15:45   Link #49
achirist

Thank you so much Infornography!

Since Kenshi is the son of Nobuyiki and (I forget her name--she was in ova3 and married Nobuyuki in the last episode) who are both long-lived descendants of Yosho and his human bride, it shouldn't be too surprising that he has special abilities; we don't know, further, if he was in some ways 'enhanced' by the three goddesses hanging out at the Tenchi household (especially Tokimi, I've heard some theorize.)

I guess I'm feeling a little fatigue with this series--it seems relatively clear what the plot outcome will be (as revealed in opening credits, I think) but we aren't even remotely close, and I guess I don't like that after such a long wait, the episode turns out to have so much ridiculous fanservice. I wonder if in the next episode Kenshi will become a student at the school?
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 19:02   Link #50
Infornography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Just finished watching the fansub. Nice job you did there and now more people can enjoy seeing the nimble fingers of Kenshi in action. Good luck with the other episodes. So far the series has resisted any team's endeavor to sub more than one episode.

Spoiler for ep3:

well, i'm currently timing the 4th episode and the translations are almost done. my computer took a crap with the memory and my wallets been thinning but we'll release epsiode 4 pretty soon.
Old 2009-08-25, 19:17   Link #51
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
well, i'm currently timing the 4th episode and the translations are almost done. my computer took a crap with the memory and my wallets been thinning but we'll release epsiode 4 pretty soon.
Wow, thanks. Been checking up on this for awhile and was at the point of giving up on it.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 20:03   Link #52
cyberdemon

Quote:
thanks a lot, any plans to release them in a smaller size though, episode 3 takes up more space than my screen. LOL!
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 21:10   Link #53
kramerica

There is a non-1080p torrent of episode 3 out there.

Spoiler for I just watched episode 6 and...:

Nanael is not amused.
Old 2009-08-27, 11:21   Link #54
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Watched ep 1 and 2 and i loved it completely the Tenchi vibe is overwhelming and i god did i start to have flashbacks of my Tenchi days. Thank you Infornography most appreciated for the releases the series is so much fun.
Old 2009-08-30, 12:12   Link #55
durack

Subs much appreciated.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:32   Link #56
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Will you be going back and re-releasing eps 1&2 as well? I hope so, i found i preferd your translations and editing over the others. Also it's nice to have a series all from 1 group if possible. Looking forward to ep4
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 11:09   Link #57
Washu-chan!

can any1 tell me were i can find ep 6 raw?
also ty for ep 3 subbed
Washu-chan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 14:40   Link #58
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Same place as 4 & %, you know that website with the double TT name
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 15:05   Link #59
Washu-chan!

kk thanks XD

Last edited by Washu-chan!; 2009-08-31 at 18:25.
Washu-chan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 23:49   Link #60
Infornography

We've released episode 04, mkv softsubs 720p version. We'll be releasing a hardsubbed xvid soon, and a 1080p version with much fancier karaoke. We'll be redoing eps 1-3. Episode 05 is currently being done, but dont expect it next week. School just started for me and right now, i'm the main timer/typesetter/QC. And we don't have a dedicated translator, the one we're using now charges me $50 per translation so, the episode 05 will be released closer towards the end of this month. It's already partially timed so no worries, I just have to pay the translator again. Please visit us at #hakubi@irchighway.net ( we changed names from Zettai_Ryo-Ohki since ZRO is too long and we just didn't like saying it.