AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-08-02, 20:37   Link #2681
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I picked up a bunch of weird higurashi games, though I am still having trouble getting them to work on my system. Getting different error for each of them >_< But anyways here intro of a funny one!

Spoiler for Not safe for sanity:
Old 2015-08-04, 19:12   Link #2682
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

If Sentai does plan to dub the series I just hope they say "Angel Mort" right. "Mort" is pronounced without the T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I picked up a bunch of weird higurashi games, though I am still having trouble getting them to work on my system. Getting different error for each of them >_< But anyways here intro of a funny one!

And that is why I hate live actions that use cosplay lol
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 07:14   Link #2683
DevilTrigger

Quote:

Where do you even find such a thing? And what do you mean games? Are there more of these? Also, is this sub-forum almost dead?
DevilTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 07:40   Link #2684
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTrigger View Post
Also, is this sub-forum almost dead?
It will probably become more active again when the Steam version of the Watanagashi arc is released.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 08:21   Link #2685
DevilTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It will probably become more active again when the Steam version of the Watanagashi arc is released.
So, I suppose that's a yes for now. Too bad. I'm not fond of those MangaGamer guys. I also don't use Steam.

Are there any Higurashi games aside from Higurashi Daybreak that aren't like...whatever those live action games are supposed to be?

Last edited by DevilTrigger; 2015-08-06 at 08:44.
Old 2015-08-06, 09:30   Link #2686
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Animesukie does not support Higurashi, they rather bury the fandom by locking everything down needlessly. They only want active forums for anime that out right now. -_- I am not fan of steam forums either so higurashi still needs a new home. I been trying to get http://onigafuchi.net/ to be more active, we do not have many members but atleast our creativity won't be stifled by moderators

There is a lot of games, most are fanmade and I wish to start posting more about these.
There are some non-fanmade games. My favorite is Higurashi Jan (PC and PSP), the higurashi mah-jong game. Higurashi tactics is only for phone and its like ogre battle but with higurashi. Superheroine chronicles(vita) has higurashi characters and side story to it.

I have handful of fanmade games, but I am forgetting something to get them to work on my system besides region settings... just been long time since had to do this sort of thing >_<

I am trying really hard to get the pachinko machine of higurashi, just trying to find some way to get it shipped over now. I hoping throwing tons of money will solve the problem but I might have to pick it up myself or get someone to come over with it. I got automatic mah-jong table, do not know why pachinko machine would be something can not have internationally....
Old 2015-08-06, 10:14   Link #2687
DevilTrigger

Quote:
Animesukie does not support Higurashi, they rather bury the fandom by locking everything down needlessly. They only want active forums for anime that out right now. -_- I am not fan of steam forums either so higurashi still needs a new home. I been trying to get http://onigafuchi.net/ to be more active, we do not have many members but atleast our creativity won't be stifled by moderators

There is a lot of games, most are fanmade and I wish to start posting more about these.
There are some non-fanmade games. My favorite is Higurashi Jan (PC and PSP), the higurashi mah-jong game. Higurashi tactics is only for phone and its like ogre battle but with higurashi. Superheroine chronicles(vita) has higurashi characters and side story to it.

I have handful of fanmade games, but I am forgetting something to get them to work on my system besides region settings... just been long time since had to do this sort of thing >_<

I am trying really hard to get the pachinko machine of higurashi, just trying to find some way to get it shipped over now. I hoping throwing tons of money will solve the problem but I might have to pick it up myself or get someone to come over with it. I got automatic mah-jong table, do not know why pachinko machine would be something can not have internationally....
Oh, yeah, I know about Higurashi Jan, too. I had questions about Super Heroine Chronicle (I have it and have in fact unlocked the Higurashi characters already), but I couldn't find a thread for it.

Would that Higurashi Tactics game happen to be available in the West? Doubt it, but still wanted to ask.
Old 2015-08-06, 10:24   Link #2688
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTrigger View Post
Oh, yeah, I know about Higurashi Jan, too. I had questions about Super Heroine Chronicle (I have it and have in fact unlocked the Higurashi characters already), but I couldn't find a thread for it.

Would that Higurashi Tactics game happen to be available in the West? Doubt it, but still wanted to ask.
I can try to answer your questions and if you are finding a chapter hard to defeat in superheroine chronicles.

Tactics is discontinued, I have the music cd to it. Maybe if I was better with my Japanese I could champion it to come here or have someone port it for me...
Old 2015-08-18, 15:41   Link #2689
chaos_alfa

I assume MangaGamer is going to include the Hou opening in the Steam version of Higurashi when they are going to sell the arcs in a bundle.

I wonder in that case how they are going to present the opening. It seems they are pushing the new sprites as the default sprites for the steam version, but the Hou's opening uses the original sprites.

I like the opening for the most part, but there is just one big issue I have with it. It spoils Miyo being an important character and her having some kind of shadowy/different side to her. This only becomes apparent at the end of the 7th arc. Never encountering a sprite of Miyo in her "military" uniform until that point also hints to the reader that there is something up with her, because including that sprite in the opening indicates it is important and is going to be shown at some point in the story. Her being the only character in the screen for around 2 seconds indicate her being important and all the darkness around her indicates there is something sinister going on with her.

I wonder why Ryukishi decided to present Miyo in this way.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2015-08-18 at 15:52.
Old 2015-08-18, 17:11   Link #2690
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post

I assume MangaGamer is going to include the Hou opening in the Steam version of Higurashi when they are going to sell the arcs in a bundle.

I wonder in that case how they are going to present the opening. It seems they are pushing the new sprites as the default sprites for the steam version, but the Hou's opening uses the original sprites.

I like the opening for the most part, but there is just one big issue I have with it. It spoils Miyo being an important character and her having some kind of shadowy/different side to her. This only becomes apparent at the end of the 7th arc. Never encountering a sprite of Miyo in her "military" uniform until that point also hints to the reader that there is something up with her, because including that sprite in the opening indicates it is important and is going to be shown at some point in the story. Her being the only character in the screen for around 2 seconds indicate her being important and all the darkness around her indicates there is something sinister going on with her.

I wonder why Ryukishi decided to present Miyo in this way.
That spoiler in the Hou OP bothered me a lot, too. There's also a similar spoil on one of the manga covers for the Festival Accompanying arc, I always worry about people casually browsing the racks of manga getting spoiled by it.

I think Miyo's Tokyo outfit is in the Hou OP since that version of the series is intended as a gift to all the hard-core fans. It means "Gift," after all. So, the presumption is that most of them have already read it. I can't remember, but I also think the OP only plays once you get to the new content after the main series, so it wouldn't spoil anything. I could be totally wrong, though. Still it's bad for any folks who might randomly stumble onto it on Youtube.

If they want to put a lot of effort into it, and have access to the original video files, they could just replace the old sprites with the new ones.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-18, 20:13   Link #2691
GrAVit

I always hate it when they spoil the bad guy in video games / movies / anime or whatever by having some shadowy stuff going on with their eyes or something. I'd rather stay as oblivious as the other characters. :P
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-19, 06:03   Link #2692
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

So I got Higurashi Spirited Away By the Demon last week on steam and noticed it had trophies/achievements. Is this a easy thing to 100%?
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-09-19, 06:49   Link #2693
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
So I got Higurashi Spirited Away By the Demon last week on steam and noticed it had trophies/achievements. Is this a easy thing to 100%?
Just read every chapter and every TIP you encounter and you should get 100%.
Old 2015-09-19, 08:39   Link #2694
GrAVit

Quote:
Yep, I just read the whole thing, all tips and the character interview thing afterwards, and got 100%
Old 2015-09-19, 15:30   Link #2695
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

sweet, this should be easy lol
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-10-08, 20:00   Link #2696
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

so like Did MangaGamer ever done any updates since Chapter 1's release? Have they talked about when the release of Umineko would be?
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-10-09, 03:49   Link #2697
chaos_alfa

Quote:
so like Did MangaGamer ever done any updates since Chapter 1's release? Have they talked about when the release of Umineko would be?
Currently Watanagashi is in scripting.

They haven't said anything about when Umineko is going to get released. Personally I hope they will start releasing it after the main arcs of Higurashi is done. Reading Umineko before that would spoil that Rika isn't just a regular girl.
Old 2015-10-24, 14:30   Link #2698
TheGuraGuraMan

Take a look at this.
Spoiler for big pic:
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-25, 09:09   Link #2699
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Take a look at this.
Spoiler for big pic:
Looks pretty crisp. Did you improve the sprites to remove the pixelation which happens on higer resolutions? Or is there something else which I should notice?
Old 2015-10-25, 10:00   Link #2700
GrAVit

Looks nice indeed!

I wonder when the Steam Watanagashi-hen is coming out... I would've expected it to be out by now to be honest.