AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-27, 00:15   Link #681
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I'm not sure if Kyon has ever called Haruhi by just her surname. Just like how pretty much no other character but Kyon has ever called Haruhi by just her given name. Or how Haruhi never calls any of the SOS-dan members by their surname.
Old 2007-06-27, 01:25   Link #682
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't remember. Doesn't she call Koizumi "Koizumi"?
Old 2007-06-27, 01:57   Link #683
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't remember. Doesn't she call Koizumi "Koizumi"?
Hmm...K, you're right. She does call him Koizumi in Lone Island. But I still can't even imagine her calling Yuki or Mikuru by their surnames. Whereas I can't imagine Kyon calling those two by their given names.
Old 2007-06-27, 02:07   Link #684
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Hmm...K, you're right. She does call him Koizumi in Lone Island. But I still can't even imagine her calling Yuki or Mikuru by their surnames. Whereas I can't imagine Kyon calling those two by their given names.
Might also be a male/female cultural thing; between girls, they jump more quickly to the "familiar" first name/"<>-chan" level, but not so between a guy and a girl or vice versa.

Yeah, I know I just made things worse.
Old 2007-06-27, 05:42   Link #685
passenger

Quote:
I'm not sure if Kyon has ever called Haruhi by just her surname. Just like how pretty much no other character but Kyon has ever called Haruhi by just her given name. Or how Haruhi never calls any of the SOS-dan members by their surname.
yes i am almost sure that he called her as suzumiya up to some point.
Old 2007-06-27, 12:16   Link #686
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Checking the episodes, Kyon calls Haruhi "Suzumiya" as of episode 5 Kyonologically, at least when referring to her to someone else ("Koizumi, isn't there something you wanted to talk to me about Suzumiya?"). By episode 14 (Kyonologically), he refers to her as "Haruhi", both in reference and directly (at least, once in the Closed Space). I haven't really fully checked episodes 10 and 13 to see if the change happened there.

He's also always referred to her as "Haruhi" in the inner monologue. This may be significant.

Also, it looks like Mikuru and Tsuruya are the two (commonly-met) people who merit an automatic "-san" from him; Haruhi is either "Suzumiya" or "Haruhi", Koizumi is "Koizumi", and Yuki is "Nagato".
Old 2007-07-03, 06:14   Link #687
DonSuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Also, it looks like Mikuru and Tsuruya are the two (commonly-met) people who merit an automatic "-san" from him; Haruhi is either "Suzumiya" or "Haruhi", Koizumi is "Koizumi", and Yuki is "Nagato".
Probably becuase Mikuru and Tsuruya is older, must be treated with a diffrent respect in Japan.
Old 2007-07-06, 00:55   Link #688
Flare_Dragon

Anyone know if in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 2, just buying the dvd gives the pencil board?
Old 2007-07-06, 01:07   Link #689
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare_Dragon View Post
Anyone know if in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Volume 2, just buying the dvd gives the pencil board?
Nope, you only get it in the special edition.

Old 2007-07-06, 01:49   Link #690
Flare_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Nope, you only get it in the special edition.

Ah oki, I assume we both have it?
Old 2007-07-06, 02:22   Link #691
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare_Dragon View Post
Ah oki, I assume we both have it?
Yup! But I'm in 'reserved for your order' limbo again!

Old 2007-07-06, 03:24   Link #692
Flare_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Yup! But I'm in 'reserved for your order' limbo again!

Oh dear god!
May the lord have mercy on your soul...
T_T

Old 2007-07-07, 07:53   Link #693
SuzumiyaHaruhi

why I can't post new thread ? I am new here.....用英文真麻烦,有谁懂中文?
Old 2007-07-07, 08:23   Link #694
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzumiyaHaruhi View Post
From the first post in the thread request thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Since the Suzumiya Haruhi forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Suzumiya Haruhi thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2007-07-07, 08:25   Link #695
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzumiyaHaruhi View Post
Please read the Requests for new threads sticky found in this sub-forum.

Does "用英文真麻烦,有谁懂中文?" = "Really troubles with English, some who do understand Chinese" (babelfished)
Old 2007-07-07, 08:30   Link #696
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Please read the Requests for new threads sticky found in this sub-forum.

Does "用英文真麻烦,有谁懂中文?" = "Really troubles with English, some who do understand Chinese" (babelfished)
"It's so troublesome to post in English, is there anyone who can read Chinese here?"

Anyway, yes some of us can read Chinese. And no it is not a good idea to write in Chinese. It's a tad rude.
Old 2007-07-24, 03:01   Link #697
iXenomorph
Anime Addicted

Send a message via MSN to iXenomorph
Hi. I started watching the Anime of Suzumiya Haruhi and I'm on ep 10. I am just really confused about the ordering of the episodes? They seem very mixed up, and the plots suddenly end, to start new plots and then they pick up later? I'm am very sure that my episodes have not been renamed, is the anime meant to be confusing like that? Also, in the preview of the next episode (at the end of every episode), haruhi is heard saying "in the next episode, 10, etc etc" , but then Kyon says "no, thats wrong! in the next episode (a different number)." So which episode is it exactly? I am so confused which one to watch right now!?
Old 2007-07-24, 03:09   Link #698
lftwgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by iXenomorph View Post
So which episode is it exactly? I am so confused which one to watch right now!?
Hi,

There is a Chronological (or 'Haruhi') order and an Airing (or 'Kyon') order. See this thread for more info.
Old 2007-07-24, 03:11   Link #699
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iXenomorph View Post
Hi. I started watching the Anime of Suzumiya Haruhi and I'm on ep 10. I am just really confused about the ordering of the episodes? They seem very mixed up, and the plots suddenly end, to start new plots and then they pick up later? I'm am very sure that my episodes have not been renamed, is the anime meant to be confusing like that? Also, in the preview of the next episode (at the end of every episode), haruhi is heard saying "in the next episode, 10, etc etc" , but then Kyon says "no, thats wrong! in the next episode (a different number)." So which episode is it exactly? I am so confused which one to watch right now!?
You are correct in assuming that the show was broadcast out of order, intentionally so. Trust us, most viewers believe that the deliberately out of order sequence for the episodes is arguably better than the chronological order. You'll understand why when you reach the final episode (which is really just episode 6 chronologically). So yeah, I'd suggest you keep watching it "out of order", as it's really quite clever how the show was arranged, IMHO.

During each preview for the next episode, Kyon will name the "broadcast" episode order number, while Haruhi will announce the "chronological" episode order number. You can go back and view the show again in chronological order this way, but it's generally recommended that you first watch it in broadcast order.

For your reference, here is the broadcast order juxtaposed with the chronological order:

Broadcast (Kyon) : Chronological (Haruhi)

1 : 11
2 : 1
3 : 2
4 : 7
5 : 3
6 : 9
7 : 8
8 : 10
9 : 14
10 : 4
11 : 13
12 : 12 (yes, this one's correct in both sequences)
13 : 5
14 : 6
Old 2007-07-24, 11:59   Link #700
iXenomorph
Anime Addicted

Send a message via MSN to iXenomorph
hmm ok thanks. I'll do my best to remain sane as I finish this wonderful anime ^^