AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-03-27, 21:15   Link #1
digidoom

One Piece - Character Discussion - Zoro

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Zoro related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Zoro fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Zoro attire

what is that green thing that zoro sometimes wears around his wasit and where can i buy one

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-26 at 14:09.
digidoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 21:18   Link #2
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
That would proley be pretty hard to find....most likely have to make it yourself but it really wouldn't be that hard.

are you doing cosplay or something, I noticed you had a similar post for rock lee in the naruto forums.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 21:41   Link #3
JecKeL
Captain JecKeL

Send a message via AIM to JecKeL
I think it's just part of his pants because he has it on when he's not wearing a shirt also (I think).
JecKeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 21:47   Link #4
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JecKeL
I think it's just part of his pants because he has it on when he's not wearing a shirt also (I think).
Nope, it's a waistband it got nothing to do with his pants i think this is said when they introduce Zoro in the anime in like episode 2 or something can't be sure about that, but i am pretty sure it's a waistband.
Just insert Waistband in google and something must come up
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 22:35   Link #5
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
Ya, Waistband material should be easy to make, hard to find(sometimes)
Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 00:38   Link #6
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Its a band that martail artist used back in the day to keep their posture straight yet still providing flexiblity for the user. when this idea was brought to america it was sign of skill, then after being futhered amercanized they formed colors to show rank- im probally wrong
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 10:20   Link #7
JecKeL
Captain JecKeL

Send a message via AIM to JecKeL
Sounds logical, where did you hear that?
JecKeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 19:15   Link #8
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
kenny perez
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 02:06   Link #9
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

it looks more like those stomach warmer things that they have in japan. The thing is used to hold Zoro's swords.

Jango calls him something "____" right before Zoro cuts the branch for Ussop to shoot him. that blank would be the japanese word for his waistband. re-watch the episode, and get the word... im not sure that would help tho, since google would probably lift up japanese sites.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 05:05   Link #10
Ishida

It's called a haramaki, and when I entered it in a search engine I found a place that sells "haramaki" although they look nothing like what Zoro wears. Apperently they're just something that people wear under their clothes to keep their stomachs warm. Maybe thats why people think it's weird that Zoro wears one then. Well, if someone finds one that looks more like Zoro's, let me know and if you want to see a picture of what I found, just go to http://www.shop-japan.co.jp/english-...asualwear6.htm and scroll down.
Ishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 07:06   Link #11
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Definitely a waistband!
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 09:29   Link #12
confuzionrains

Question Is Zoro the laziest member of the crew?

Everyone else seems to have a specialized job....

Luffy - captain
Sanji - cook
Usopp - mechanic
Nami - navigator
Chopper - soon to be medic

Does Zoro actually have a specific honed skill that he applies while they are cruising on the seas? It seems like he's just a lazy bum compared to the others.... I guess he does some sentry duty and some hard labor, but is that it? I mean, in terms of a ship's needs, he's somewhat dispensable relative to the others (clearly, we've seen that you need a doc on the high seas)....
confuzionrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 09:44   Link #13
wnkryo
HainShodan

Here is what I found in Webster's Anime Dictionary and Almanac:

Zoro

-Main Duty/Job: Official body guard.

-Weapon(s) of Choice: Up to three katanas.

-Preferred Habits: Sleeping, eating, and fighting.

-Preferred Work-Outs: Long swims in sub-zero degree water, 5,000 push-ups, and a good fight.

-Ultimate Goal: Become the world's strongest swordsmen.

-Favorite Qoute: "My katanas can cut through any thing".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, Zoro is very use full to the Straw Hat Pirate Crew. He isn't classified as lazy, but rather as a man who knows when to rest and a man who knows when to fight. There really isn't such a thing as a lazy pirate.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 09:55   Link #14
confuzionrains

well, this encyclopaedia claims he's the official bodyguard... of whom, captain luffy? i don't think luffy needs a bodyguard.... i don't remember seeing zoro performing any bodyguarding duties either.... that seems a bit strange to me... all he does on the ship is sleep, eat and work out... and perform chores when navi yells at him...

i'm not really claiming that zoro is useless, just that he's useless on the ship when there's no fighting involved... everyone else has day-to-day ship chores of some nature, except for zoro....
As you can see, Zoro is very use full to the Straw Hat Pirate Crew. He isn't classified as lazy, but rather as a man who knows when to rest and a man who knows when to fight. There really isn't such a thing as a lazy pirate.[/QUOTE]
confuzionrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 11:01   Link #15
Joe Dalton

well he was recruited for that reason... and not for working on the ship so makes sense wouldnt you say?
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 11:13   Link #16
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzionrains
Everyone else seems to have a specialized job....

Luffy - captain
Sanji - cook
Usopp - mechanic
Nami - navigator
Chopper - soon to be medic

Does Zoro actually have a specific honed skill that he applies while they are cruising on the seas? It seems like he's just a lazy bum compared to the others.... I guess he does some sentry duty and some hard labor, but is that it? I mean, in terms of a ship's needs, he's somewhat dispensable relative to the others (clearly, we've seen that you need a doc on the high seas)....
Well, I can see your point but he was pretty much recruited to just be the ship's badass. Luffy at that time just wanted someone strong. I believe that Zoro is the strongest next to Luffy.
Sanji was recruited to be a cook, fighiting is just a bonus. Usopp is the mechanic and he has his moments of intelligence but he isnt much for fighting. Nami was recruited to be the navigator. I am just up to the Drum island eps so I dont know to much about Chopper but I assume they were recruited specifically to be the medic. Zoro is just doing what he was recruited for and he actually does seem rather protective of Luffy and the others...

Spoiler:

Usefulness is relative. Luffy's only qualifications as Captain is charisma, a strong will and the ability to fight. Sometimes it seems as if Nami is more of a leader than he is.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 11:51   Link #17
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzionrains
well, this encyclopaedia claims he's the official bodyguard... of whom, captain luffy? i don't think luffy needs a bodyguard.... i don't remember seeing zoro performing any bodyguarding duties either.... that seems a bit strange to me... all he does on the ship is sleep, eat and work out... and perform chores when navi yells at him...

i'm not really claiming that zoro is useless, just that he's useless on the ship when there's no fighting involved... everyone else has day-to-day ship chores of some nature, except for zoro....
Luffy cant swim or fight in water, he does need a body gaurd. Same with Chopper.

Zoro also tends the ship (i cant think of a better way to say it) since they are in the grand line storms are an everyday thing. "all hands on deck"

hes also the "fighter" of the crew. Do u think that every member of Don Krieg's 50 ship fleet has a special task? I mean u kind of run out of jobs to do on the ship. "official urine cleaner" doesnt sound like a special job. Most of the pirate members of other crews just fight.

Zoro is often used as a guard too. Like a watchmen. He has the sharpest mind and senses, as we have seen on Whisky peak.

Spoiler:

anyways, personally i think Zoro should've been a blacksmith.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 12:33   Link #18
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Zoro is the ships first mate. What pirate ship DOESN'T have a first mate?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 13:40   Link #19
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
Zoro is the ships first mate. What pirate ship DOESN'T have a first mate?
That's what I thought too... The right hand man to Luffy...
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 14:48   Link #20
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

zorro is the coolest, luffy the dumbest, nami hottest, usupp weakest, sanji dunno what he is. chopper cutest?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote