AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-28, 16:09   Link #781
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
From my perspective, Miharu and Minatsu are to each other almost like Yume and Nemu are. XD

Wow... Koko was THAT busty in the game? They must have really toned it down in the anime, lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:11   Link #782
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Something I noticed about that first pic... All of the main girls poses are the same pose they have in their figurine . Well... I've only personally seen Koko and Yume, but since they are the same, I would asume the rest of them are .
Yup, you're right. The figures for Otome and Yume also use those poses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wow... Koko was THAT busty in the game? They must have really toned it down in the anime, lol.
Yes. The anime did some "moderation" in that area compared to the game for both Akane and Koko. Probably not such a bad thing in the interests of having some semblance of realism... though I seem to recall that they did a little bit of "reverting" in that area when it came to the sports fest episode, for somewhat obvious reasons.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:16   Link #783
Snuffle
likes cute things

LOL.... don't get anybody started with Akane... Those things are weapons! In the game she's the only char that fills half the screen I think .
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:18   Link #784
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

You guys are all perverts, I didn't actually see that till you wrote about those little(huge) details.

Women have more than just breasts ... I'm to good for this world.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:28   Link #785
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I am glad that they kept koko in moderation

And if that was the case for Akane as well...god help me O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 18:23   Link #786
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Same here, as I thought Koko looked very good in the anime. Then again, I never really was into oppai lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
You guys are all perverts, I didn't actually see that till you wrote about those little(huge) details.
Kind of hard to ignore when her character design just looks so out of proportion, especially when comapred to what is shown in anime. I mean, game!Koko seems to have bigger busts than even anime!Akane, so thats really saying something considering they mentioned how big Akane was in the anime several times, no?

Quote:
Hear hear! I personally could care less how big they are.. it's just an observation I found with Koko, me noticing it because being an osana-najimi fanatic and all.

Old 2008-02-28, 18:34   Link #787
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
That just made me lol .

Quote:
Kind of hard to ignore when her character design just looks so out of proportion, especially when comapred to what is shown in anime. I mean, game!Koko seems to have bigger busts than even anime!Akane, so thats really saying something considering they mentioned how big Akane was in the anime several times, no?
There were several jokes? Even tho I watched the series (well first half) several times already (), I only remember Minatsu talking about Akane was using them as an energy source and Akane saying something like "iyaa they are not energy tanks!" or something like that .
Old 2008-02-28, 19:05   Link #788
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I don't remember saying anything about jokes, but I did say it was mentioned several times. In particular I was actully thinking of Anzu, because IIRC didn't she mention how big Akane was at some point? Can't really go check, as 3/4 of the series are in the computer where I fried the CPU lol.

Old 2008-02-28, 19:16   Link #789
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
That just made me lol .

<- nothing more to say.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 22:59   Link #790
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
I don't remember saying anything about jokes, but I did say it was mentioned several times. In particular I was actully thinking of Anzu, because IIRC didn't she mention how big Akane was at some point? Can't really go check, as 3/4 of the series are in the computer where I fried the CPU lol.
Ah, yes, I automaticly asumed you ment jokes 'cause, isn't it every time something like that comes up with Akane or Anzu it turns into something humorous?
Old 2008-03-13, 14:22   Link #791
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
What I fear, though, is that they're gonna stuff in the D.C.II P.S characters in somehow...another 3 characters and their support cast all of a sudden might wreck the pace.
I'm kinda afraid of that too, though my reason for it is that I absolutely couldn't stand Aisia in D.C.S.S, and I do NOT want her to reappear in the anime for some utterly confusing reason.

On a semi-unrelated note, I noticed that the homepage for the anime had a preview for the opening and endings in season 2 available, and what do you know, they're both exactly the same as every other song this show has ever had. Why do all the songs in this anime sound so similar? I mean, four of them even had almost the exact same NAME.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2008-03-13 at 14:47.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 22:46   Link #792
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I noticed that the homepage for the anime had a preview for the opening and endings in season 2 available, and what do you know, they're both exactly the same as every other song this show has ever had. Why do all the songs in this anime sound so similar? I mean, four of them even had almost the exact same NAME.
Probably because they fit the theme of the anime well imo, and with how large a role the Sakuras play it isn't surprising that they would have the op/ed themes be similar and named similarish.

At least that is my guess.

On another semi-unrelated note...

Does anyone find it interesting that some company hasn't picked up the Da Capo series for the US yet? I mean more and more we're getting more "niche"-style licenses of things that you wouldn't expect... yet D.C. still remains in Japan only.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 13:24   Link #793
KBTKaiser

Just so that people get a rough idea of the bust commentary, here's the sizes of the female cast that are available.

Hanasaki Akane: 89
Tsukishima Koko: 86
Mizukoshi Maika: 83
Shirakawa Nanaka: 82
Asakura Yume: 79
Kousaka Mayuki: 78
Sawai Maya: 77
Asakura Otome: 73
Amakase Minatsu: 72
Yukimura Anzu: 69
Yoshino Sakura: 68
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 20:10   Link #794
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

^ nice info.. lol

ah season 2 is coming, cant wait for the real ending =)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 20:28   Link #795
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm surprised Yume is actually bigger than Otome. That said, I still think Otome has the best proportions judging by official art, so that point is moot. XD

And yes, can't wait for season 2, as I feel it's going to be great.

Old 2008-03-30, 01:01   Link #796
DanielSong39

You can have that one size if you wish; Otome has that balance that none of the other girls can match...

Looking forward to the second season already; after the disappointment of H2O and True Tears, this one better not let me down...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 12:57   Link #797
mdauben

I just had a chance to finally finish D.C.II today. I have to say, after the disappoinment of D.C.S.S. I was worried about this, but they did a nice job. The only real problem I had was that Otome and Yumi both seemed to be short-changed, that there was more to their stories than was show, but now that I see that first episode of D.C.II S.S. is out, I assume it will continue the same storyline and will (hopefully) give the other girls some screen time?
Old 2008-04-20, 13:31   Link #798
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well you can say that the first "season" of this 2 cour is focused on Koko and minatsu where as the second "season" will be on the sisters.

So yes, DCII SS is the direct sequal to DCII.

Edit: Lol Relentless

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 13:31   Link #799
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
The only real problem I had was that Otome and Yumi both seemed to be short-changed, that there was more to their stories than was show, but now that I see that first episode of D.C.II S.S. is out, I assume it will continue the same storyline and will (hopefully) give the other girls some screen time?
You've got it exactly. As I said back in the day, think of D.C. II as "part 1", and D.C. II S.S. as "part 2" of a 26-episode show. They just decided to cut the show/story in two halves in order to give screentime to all the characters.

Edit: Dratz! Beaten by the dkz! Same minute even!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 08:33   Link #800
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Thank god for that since the ending for D.C II was just so 'err wtf' for a harem and os there somewhere for me to find info about the girls in D.C II which has some relation to the original D.C cast? ~Shirakawa ftw!~

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen