Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-19, 10:25   Link #21
koolaje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Ayukawa, the original Tsundere
Ah a new word .. I have been watching anime since 98 and this is the first time I heard about it ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere

Kimagure Orang Road Movie - I Want To Return To That Day
koolaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 16:48   Link #22
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Wow, not sure what I think about this series. I've seen a lot of romance series and I feel like I"m getting a little tired of the love-triangles (and harems) and want something more like Kare Kano (where the relationship issues isn't due to another girl).

I just started watching the first movie... I'm a little irritated:

Spoiler:

I'm gonna pull my hair out soon...

I don't get why people think this and MI are such awesome romance series...
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 16:51   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
Wow, not sure what I think about this series. I've seen a lot of romance series and I feel like I"m getting a little tired of the love-triangles (and harems) and want something more like Kare Kano (where the relationship issues isn't due to another girl).

I just started watching the first movie... I'm a little irritated:

Spoiler:

I'm gonna pull my hair out soon...
They aren't in college yet, at the start of the movie they are process of graduation form HS and taking the entrance exam to college.

And he has already choose Madoka. The idiot just haven't gotten around to telling Hikari yet.
Old 2007-08-16, 16:53   Link #24
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Go see the 2nd movie. It's not as good as the 1st but it does answer your question once and for all.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 17:15   Link #25
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
And he has already choose Madoka. The idiot just haven't gotten around to telling Hikari yet.
i know... it's just really annoying, it has been FOUR years since the end of the anime... i mean geeze that's pretty bad to lead someone on for that long!

Spoiler for maison ikkoku:
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 17:49   Link #26
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwubanime View Post
i know... it's just really annoying, it has been FOUR years since the end of the anime... i mean geeze that's pretty bad to lead someone on for that long!

Spoiler for maison ikkoku:
Still better then the manga
Spoiler:
At least in the movie, he had the guts to tell her himself. Even if it is 4 year too late.

And yes, i also 2nd that you watch the 2nd movie.
Old 2008-03-07, 15:49   Link #27
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Kimagure Orange Road - Fansub version

Hi all, just wanted to announce that Live-eviL is subtitling Kimagure Orange Road. We released episode 1 this afternoon. Details can be found on http://www.live-evil.org

The reasons we are subbing this are:

1) The remastered Japanese DVDs that came out after Animeigo's license expired are heads and shoulders better than anything previously available.
2) It's a favorite and pet project of some of our senior members.
3) We wanted to introduce this "must watch" classic anime to a whole new generation of fansub watchers. There's a lot more out there other than Naruto!

Please check it out and comment on the show if you can, I'd appreciate it

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 16:08   Link #28
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Do you really have evidence that Animeigo's license for KOR has expired? It's likely, but I'm hoping you have a souce.

I would truly love to list KOR on our site since it was my first fansubbed TV series. I treasure my old tapes from Arctic Animation like they were gold. Sadly we might not be able list it unless the staff decides the old DVDs from Animeigo are no longer easily available.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 17:04   Link #29
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The license for the TV series and the movie expired over a year ago, back in 2006.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeeigo Site
June 14th, 2006: Kimagure Orange Road going out of print
We are saddened to announce that our license to Kimagure Orange Road will soon expire, and so the title will be going out of print. The TV series license expires at the end of July, and the Movie/OVA license expires in the middle of August. If you want to get this title, you should order it as soon as possible using the "Summer of Savings" - we expect that our stock of many of the DVDs will be exhausted before the title goes out of print.
The question is more a matter of distribution and availability.

It is one of the classic shows that I missed by not living in the US, so I am curious. Although we have started listing the unavailable bits of Sailor Moon after the license expired and I cannot actually find KOR from big sellers such amazon (direct that is, it appears to be sold in part by various "sellers", which I've never really trusted), I am still not sure about voicing approval for its listing. After a more thorough check I was convinced.

Edit: Note the expired license doesn't cover "Summer's Beginning", which is an ADV property.

Last edited by NightWish; 2008-03-07 at 20:20.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 17:45   Link #30
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
It's been out of print for a long time so you won't really find it at any retailers. I just did a quick check of Amazon, TRSI, Buy.com - all sold out. RACS lists 4 of the 12 DVDs available (and the boxes and everything else sold out) but it also has it as "discontinued - limited to stock on hand"... For what it's worth.

Outside of ebay, I doubt anyone is getting their hands on it.

NoSanninWa, I know /exactly/ where you're coming from on this one! I had it on Arctic fansubs, replaced them with better fansubs, got the laserdiscs, and now the R2 DVDs... It's one of those shows that myself and Demn used to always go "man, I wish we were fansubbing back when KOR was airing on TV"... So the opportunity presented itself, so we figured, what the heck! ^^

I'm rewriting the Arctic Animation scripts... Those things are TERRIBLE. In half the scripts they call him "Kyosuki", I kid you not!

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 17:52   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, i must say i'm very happy you guys have decided to work on this. You'll be hearing feedback from me once i check out the first episode.
Old 2008-03-07, 19:28   Link #32
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

This is great news! Another good old "oldies" series being fansubbed. Good work, Live-Evil.
Old 2008-03-07, 19:34   Link #33
kujoe
from head to heel

I've only seen the movies, and I've always been curious about the TV series.

Thanks for working on this. Definitely looking forward to something more old school in my "to watch anime" list.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 20:45   Link #34
cerrian

Kudos to AnimEigo for taking the risk way back then and acquiring the distro rights for KOR. If I recall correctly, it was a move to satisfy the fans with almost no intent of making a profit off of it....just enough to break even and cover the license fee + LD production and distribution.

But I'm glad to hear Live Evil is picking it up this project, this classic deserves a new breath of life.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 23:54   Link #35
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Probably my favorite all time anime show, it's great to see some new, high quality transfer and subs!!
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 00:14   Link #36
karasuma

20 years already. Yes, Ayukawa is the 1st tsundere I know. She is the reason why I love anime. She hits me hard back then...

The OP and ED bring back a lot of memories.
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 01:23   Link #37
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
NoSanninWa, I know /exactly/ where you're coming from on this one! I had it on Arctic fansubs, replaced them with better fansubs, got the laserdiscs, and now the R2 DVDs... It's one of those shows that myself and Demn used to always go "man, I wish we were fansubbing back when KOR was airing on TV"... So the opportunity presented itself, so we figured, what the heck! ^^

I'm rewriting the Arctic Animation scripts... Those things are TERRIBLE. In half the scripts they call him "Kyosuki", I kid you not!
I know, I know! Of course I was just happy that anything was being fansubbed back then so I loved watching those terrible fansubs. That was the first anime TV show that I saw from beginning to end. I'd seen a few odd episodes of UY or Dirty Pair before then, but this was the first time I actually got to see an entire series fansubbed.

Ah, such gloriously happy memories. Of course when you want to talk about how TERRIBLE the scripts were, what really annoyed me were the rude and sometimes disgusting messages during the end credits. At least though, the fansubbers never got confused with Kyousuki calling her "Ayukawa" instead of "Madoka." I remember the fan uproar over that decision by Animeigo. It caused them to reverse their overal policy on name translation.

I'm so happy we've decided to list this show on our site. I hope that many people get to enjoy this show.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 04:02   Link #38
jzmagic
flargansbog

This is a classic, I love this series and the manga.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 05:23   Link #39
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

On a side note, only now I realized the "name" of Live-Evil's CRC checksum given to KOR ep 01 torrent: "abcb0001".

Spoiler for Almost certain reason for the CRC name:

Nice touch, hehe.

EDIT:
I just watched the episode, and I like the documentary before and after the episode that L-E made. Very nice, indeed.

Last edited by tugatosmk; 2008-03-08 at 06:17. Reason: Last minute check
tugatosmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 06:37   Link #40
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

OMG I'm wuv you live-evil... The intro was great, brings back memories. This was one of the first fan subs I ever got sent in the post. My replacements for the old subs were official canto dubs... Never could get used to the voices

I'm trying to find all my KOR memorabilia, I have the OSTs and a huge clothl poster of Madoka <- first anime girl I fell in love with...