5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 17:51   Link #1541
Jarmel

Ok to all the people saying that Nunnally had some sort of power we have not seen in the series. Look this up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph . It's called a polygraph and her 'ability' is pretty much the same thing. Supposedly when people are blind, their other senses are heightened such as touch. They probably were just exaggerating this for the times she could tell people were lying. Nowhere before have we seen her to know things that were not brought up in that current discussion, like digging up old history. The memories transfer has only been done by C.C. Which is more likely, Nunally developing a whole new technique we have never seen in the show, or someone having a current techinque who isn't supposed to have it?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:51   Link #1542
coba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
The ending was a big mindscrew that is for sure.
The best part of the ending, it allows for the sequel. By not killing Zero, it allows Lelouch to make a come back as the masked man if they decided to make the sequel.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:52   Link #1543
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Hero View Post
LL, I believe is alive, more or less, but he's not the driver, nor is he hiding in the hay.... anyone remember Mao's method of transporting CC around? You know, the whole chop her into little bits and carrying her around in a suitcase thing.

The size of CC's suitcase is pretty huge.....

Nope, Lulu has discovered re-incarnation, Lulu....IS.....CHEESE-KUN!
CharlesDiBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:53   Link #1544
Magic Saito
The Phantom Thief

I really liked this episode, and the manner they ended the series in, so I'll give it an 8/10.

Lelouch's death was certainly a powerful scene. And it was really sad, seeing Nunnally figure out the truth and then crying, saying that he was all she needed and that a future without him is meaningless. And then the events of the series flash by as he dies...

I felt that most of the characters (at least, the ones that I actually cared about) got their rightful closure, finding their own path in the world and all of them moving forward. Although! I'm a little bit mad about there being no Xingke in the epilogue. Sure, we get to see his Knightmare at the meeting between Ougi and Nunnally, but I'd feel a lot better about it if he was in one the pictures with the Tianzi (like Ougi and Viletta's wedding) and actually makes an appearance. I mean, I'd sure like to know how he's doing at least. (Or, if he's even still alive.)

As for Lelouch being alive or not...well, I'm sure they intended it to be open-ended so I won't go into any evidence or the sort. Personally, I believe Lelouch is dead. Mostly because it just makes his death scene that much more powerful to me, and it'd seem a little off to keep him alive. And it's a bit refreshing, in a way, for a protagonist to die.
Magic Saito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:54   Link #1545
zalem

God, I hope Taniguchi just has an interview and confirms things. It seems we need an official word on this otherwise there will be arguments until kingdom come.
Old 2008-09-28, 17:54   Link #1546
Salahuddin
Zechs is secks

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
I think you forget that Nunnaly gets a flash back from Lelouch which more or less explains what he was planing to do.

If Lelouch still alive it may be something like how his mother been alive, or maybe he is in the World of C. but I actually doubt it.

The reason why people think Lelouch is still alive is the final scene with C.C. Personally I just think she was talking with herself and this is Sunrise way to let people keep on talking about a subject.
Agreed, but even if she knew Lulu wanted Suzaku to kill him, I'm sure she'd still harbor enough of a grudge to not want to be near him. And she definitely wouldn't be smiling. Alone this isn't much proof, but other things (like the driver) make it plausible.

I'm still thinking he's dead though. It just seems like a more suitable ending.

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of" -Pascal
Salahuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:55   Link #1547
killbethy

This may be completely irrelevant... but in many different languages if you trace the etymology of the word "re", it is a word that used to mean "fool" but now means "friend". You could definitely apply this to Suzaku and Lelouch's relationship.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:55   Link #1548
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesDiBritannia View Post
Nope, Lulu has discovered re-incarnation, Lulu....IS.....CHEESE-KUN!
Yea Lelouch is in cheese-kun costume and C.C. is too stupid to figure it out
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:55   Link #1549
ApathyEcstasy

season 3..suzaku dies behind the scenes in a fight against some new evil force...lelouche dons the guise of zero once again!

haha that would be neat

after watching the episode again.. i've come to the conclusion (that agrees with quite a few people here already) that lelouche is neither dead nor alive...sunrise has locked him in cryogenic stasis! he'll be released from this stasis if sunrise ever has need for him again...he's like gordon freeman!
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:56   Link #1550
jayohkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohkay View Post
I registered so I can get this out of my system. Also, I haven't read through all the pages in this thread so forgive me if I'm effectively repeating another's observation.

Remember when Lelouch geassed Nunnally? His right hand motion after he takes off his contacts suggests that he threw them away after committing the geass. (~7m30s) Soon afterwards, he shows the palm of his right hand directly to the audience. (~7m35s)

Keeping that in mind, flash foward to when Nunnally hands Lelouch the trigger. His eyes aren't showing the bird-like sigils. (~7m52s) In other words, Lelouch has used his geass powers to the point where he has acquired the code for immortality. Granted, the method was different from the code transfer from V.V to Emperor Charles and that nun to C.C. But because the power of Geass largely remains to be a mysterious and unexplainable force, there's no telling what are the requirements for "ascension". If it is true that he has gained the code for immortality, then he no longer has the power of the kings, which easily explains why he did not cast geass on his prisoners. (But you could argue that he didn't have a reason to, since Zero Requiem)

I took particular interest in the fact that Lelouch's last geass cast was something that the victim (Nunnally) couldn't absolutely accept. I assume that this type of cast would be more taxing on the caster but I digress.

Lastly, you cannot really say my observation is outrageous because Lelouch actually indeed show you the palm of his hand. That bit really bothered the hell out of me. Another bothersome part was when the ending purposely showed the driver. The reason why it bothered me quite a bit was because I got the impression that the camera was making sure that the face is not revealed. With all of that in mind, it seems in the end that the ending was all planned out for the audience to pick up and start questioning if Lelouch actually dies in the end or not. In that case, well done Sunrise.

Keikaku doori, amirite?
ugh, I get the feeling that my post was usurped beyond oblivion. Sorry for quoting myself, but I really need some comments on my observation.
jayohkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:57   Link #1551
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
You crushed nothing, you just think you did. You have (like me) no conclusive evidence, nothing, nada, zip. Neither do I, as a matter of fact, but you can't just "crush" theories when you yourself have no proof.
Right. Watching someone die and their life flashing before their eyes a they die is NO evidence.

And seriously, she did the hand-holding trick before. She did it here too. There is no way around it really. That is what happened. It is just how it is.

Quote:
Bottom line, you are trying to use common sense in Code Geass. Where people escape nukes, dodge bullets, jump over mechas, have magical powers, are immortal, transfer their soul, and act as lie dectectors. Yeah...common sense works great in Code Geass.
Common sense still works I am afraid. But again, all I have to do is point to the "common sense" that wasn't used when people said "Suzaku killed Shirley, not Rolo!" way back when to win that little argument.

Quote:
Charles grabs Lulu---->contect with the code---->Lulu got code without knowing
Yeah. That doesn't make sense. There was no evidence AT ALL to support that. There is more evidence (like an on-screen death for instance) to support mine. Seriously, this is Spike from Cowboy Bebop all over again...
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:58   Link #1552
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohkay View Post
ugh, I get the feeling that my post was usurped beyond oblivion. Sorry for quoting myself, but I really need some comments on my observation.
lelouche is sunrise's schroedinger's cat
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 17:59   Link #1553
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
And yet you still don't understand that you have no conclusive evidence. You're basicly saying "I'm right you're wrong"

And yes, someone dying and having their life flash before their (but actually Nana's) eyes is no proof in a world where immortals exist.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:00   Link #1554
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

a hero, ending up being known as a bad guy, poor lulu >o<
D: sorta hoping for a sequel yet dunno if they should xD.
was code geass based on a manga?
elite-dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:00   Link #1555
FuzzyWuzzy

WoW great ending. I didn't come to this forum for 2-3 weeks so I won't see any spoilers. It was totally worth it. Really great ending. Really great anime. Really great episodes. Really great series.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:01   Link #1556
hero147

O.O....Isn't Suzaku surviving that explosion more of a stretch than Lelouch surviving that sword? And the Suzaku incident was also planned too, making it seem like he died.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:01   Link #1557
Baixinho

Here are my thoughts about the episode that I posted in the Kallen thread :

Well, considering the episode, I'm happy that :
- Kallen didn't die
- She finally understood Lelouch
- There was no forced pairing with Gino
- She was the one to tell the epilogue
- There was a 1 sec pause on her kiss with Lelouch

I'm really not happy that :
- the closure of her relation with Lelouch was this farewell kiss back then in episode 22. In the end we will never have a clear answer to what he felt for her

Consdering the other characters :
- Suzaku didn't mope the floor with Kallen, as many said he would
- He ends up being the protector of Nunally, as Lelouch wanted back in S1
- Jeremiah de-Geassing Anya was cool (though I would really have wanted to see her reaction)
- CC didn't die afterall
- Tamaki is still alive
- Cornelia seems to be finally on the good side.
- lol Jeremiah and the Oranges

All in all, well nothing was really concluded except Zero's Requiem, so even though Lelouch death was epically epic, I would have wanted more sub-plot lines being closed explicitly (What the hell happened between Lloyd and Rakashta? How Anya reacted to her de-Geassing? What about Xing Ke's illness? What's with Lelouch promise to CC to make her smile? .... ). This ending was a bit rushed imo.

I would give this episode a 7/10 : good, but too many questions are left unanswered.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:01   Link #1558
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams View Post
No. If it was, the anime would be terrible and a lot of manga people would spoil it for most of us.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 18:01   Link #1559
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-dreams View Post
Nope. It's an anime original. The manga that exists is based off the anime.
Old 2008-09-28, 18:01   Link #1560
killbethy

Also... here is even a more fitting definition.

In Egyptian mythology, the god Re is the creator of the universe/universal creator, as well as the sun god and king of the gods.

Both of these would fit the story as Lelouch's "dying" words were that he recreated the world. And we see Damocles burn into the sun.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote