AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-04, 18:50   Link #3321
Solkiskey

Oh, I see. Well, you can join my hamachi network if you want. I'm usually free on sunday afternoons and looking for matches once in a while.
Old 2012-04-04, 20:26   Link #3322
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post
Also, one question: What's NEW CHALLENGER B. Battler full health number? Someone tried to measure it?
The math would be:

[(Character health + Partner health)*2] -> (If Dlanor ability active)*2

(Dlanor's ability reduces all damage by 50%).

If we stick to the theory that all AI characters have their HP based on the Normal set up:

B.Battler= 800

800+800 = 1600 for a single bar

Multiply the number for the amount of bars, which is 2 in this case:

1600*2 = 3200

That would be if he didn't have Dlanor's ability, but he does so we multiply the amount of damage you would have to do in order to Knock him down:

3200*2 = 6400

This number makes alot of sense to me, I would round up the number to 6700 due to ressurection ticks and all that happens in the match. So that would bring a grand total of 13400 damage on him to beat him twice.
Now, if the given chance that he has his princess mode HP values, which is 1400, then the math would look like this:

[(1400+1400)*2]*2 = 11200

It would be 11500 if we add those 300 I added on the previous number, and this is for a single round. This would bring the number to a total of 23000 damage in 2 round to defeat him, taking into account he DOESN'T hit you with his 100% Massacre leech.

I hope that clarified your doubts.
Old 2012-04-06, 02:07   Link #3323
kevan3

Sorry to butt in, but I've heard that Bernkastel isn't going to be released this month. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Old 2012-04-06, 02:17   Link #3324
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
I wouldn't put it past R07.
Old 2012-04-06, 02:26   Link #3325
cronnoponno

Haha, wow, if that is true then Bernkastel must be hated even more than I thought, I hate her but she still looks fun to use. Or maybe they just want to work her out very slowly, maybe she's gonna kick total ass when she's released, they've had her sprite for a very long time haven't they?

Then again, I think they should give Lamda a few, tiny buffs before they release Berny.

Do you guys think Lambda should be buffed? I think one of two things should happen, at least. One either being her traps stay out for an extended period of time that actually makes them a total threat rather than a tiny nuisance, or give the cast speed of them a buff. I mean there's very few situations where I don't get a Battler Face Punch or a Siesta Piggyback Ride from trying to use it.

Her Vortex should be buffed a little as well, what is it good for? Her heart shield is WAY better than her Vortex move, as it just flat out erases every projectile(that I've seen, haven't tried it on every one) that is on the screen from what I've seen, even if it doesn't hit the hearts, and gives her SP. Her Vortex on the other hand, takes forever to cast, leaves her open, and doesn't even damage unless it's an EX, and that's a serious waste of SP as it barely does anything. Furthermore, her Meta extends outward, but her black hole pulls them inward, the traps themselves aren't really reliable enough to try to drag a player in when any decent player is either going to block or just back up...

Her basic range move is decent though, especially C version where she throws out that giant star, very very useful. Her Candy Flavored popcorn is also pretty sweet as well, I mean she has some really awesome features to her, and I love playing as her either way when all is said and done.

....Do you guys think she should get buffed?
Old 2012-04-06, 07:53   Link #3326
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
Well, even with Black Battler, Lambda beats the shit out of me in Hard Mode. =D
Old 2012-04-06, 11:20   Link #3327
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Haha, wow, if that is true then Bernkastel must be hated even more than I thought, I hate her but she still looks fun to use. Or maybe they just want to work her out very slowly, maybe she's gonna kick total ass when she's released, they've had her sprite for a very long time haven't they?

Then again, I think they should give Lamda a few, tiny buffs before they release Berny.

Do you guys think Lambda should be buffed? I think one of two things should happen, at least. One either being her traps stay out for an extended period of time that actually makes them a total threat rather than a tiny nuisance, or give the cast speed of them a buff. I mean there's very few situations where I don't get a Battler Face Punch or a Siesta Piggyback Ride from trying to use it.

Her Vortex should be buffed a little as well, what is it good for? Her heart shield is WAY better than her Vortex move, as it just flat out erases every projectile(that I've seen, haven't tried it on every one) that is on the screen from what I've seen, even if it doesn't hit the hearts, and gives her SP. Her Vortex on the other hand, takes forever to cast, leaves her open, and doesn't even damage unless it's an EX, and that's a serious waste of SP as it barely does anything. Furthermore, her Meta extends outward, but her black hole pulls them inward, the traps themselves aren't really reliable enough to try to drag a player in when any decent player is either going to block or just back up...

Her basic range move is decent though, especially C version where she throws out that giant star, very very useful. Her Candy Flavored popcorn is also pretty sweet as well, I mean she has some really awesome features to her, and I love playing as her either way when all is said and done.

....Do you guys think she should get buffed?
I posted my thoughts a few pages back, let me quote it :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey
Umm most of her specials are pretty lackluster too, they have way too much startup to be any useful at anything else than keepaway (and keepaway isn't that good in Ougon...) Her normals are okay, I guess. 2C is an interesting tool but I don't know why they gave it to her. Her 6B/3B popcorn flick is pretty interesting, too.

The special version of her 22X shield should protect against more projectiles and the SP version should damage more,

Her blackhole special should have less start up or invincibility during startup (or atleast super armor),

Her 236X should definitely have less startup to be comboable into 2C considering the luck factor in the AB version of it,

214X traps should stay out much longer because now they don't really feel menacing at all.

236236C is pretty damaging and the scaling is awesome, I think it should remain untouched.

c.5C should have more range because it whiffs in combos against a few characters such as Shannon.

Her comboability is pretty bad, too. I think her most effective and only damaging combo is j.2C 6C 6B 5A 5B 2B f.5C 2C 236236C and like j.2C 6C 6B 5A 5B 2B f.5C 2C 236A if meterless, but doesn't ground the opponent and leaves you in an unsafe position.

I would DEFINITELY make it so UltraPER prevents guard damage during metaworld, that would totally be a good thing.

I think a patch might be needed to improve her. She has tools to be an awesome character, but they are all kinda... weak. Honestly, there is no point in using Lambdadelta with anyone... except if you really like Lambda.
Old 2012-04-06, 18:39   Link #3328
Eriko 556

Thank you, Solkiskey and Walterion, for solving this question! [B. Battler God-like Total HP]

Two days ago I was fighting against B. Battler and...

Spoiler for Big Image:

This is my best score. What is yours, everyone?
Old 2012-04-07, 21:14   Link #3329
Solkiskey

I don't have a screen shot, but I managed to win one round. Then got destroyed two times in a row. >_>
Old 2012-04-08, 14:47   Link #3330
Eriko 556

http://akatokuro.tumblr.com/tagged/ougon+cross+derping

Will's storyline and random dialogues translation. I wish that Akatokuro translated more dialogues.
Old 2012-04-08, 18:50   Link #3331
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post
http://akatokuro.tumblr.com/tagged/ougon+cross+derping

Will's storyline and random dialogues translation. I wish that Akatokuro translated more dialogues.
She's definitely done Lambda translations since then; you might have to look around to find what tag it's under, though.
Old 2012-04-08, 19:34   Link #3332
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
She's definitely done Lambda translations since then; you might have to look around to find what tag it's under, though.
Have someone done the full storyline for Black Battler? Or at least for Black Battler and Shannon? I've only managed to find the end of it... -_-
Old 2012-04-09, 07:40   Link #3333
kevan3

Does anyone here know how to perform the Bernkastel portrait glitch in the original game?
Old 2012-04-09, 08:37   Link #3334
Nanashi_1337

The person that did the Will dialogue translation has also made a Lambda & Battler/Will/Dlanor dialogue translation, if you search well.
Old 2012-04-09, 11:10   Link #3335
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
The person that did the Will dialogue translation has also made a Lambda & Battler/Will/Dlanor dialogue translation, if you search well.
Those are actually done by a poster named ruriar, under this tag.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2012-04-09, 12:44   Link #3336
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
This is actually pretty good.
Old 2012-04-09, 14:31   Link #3337
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Very nie find, thanks for that.
Old 2012-04-10, 00:27   Link #3338
Frederica Bernkastel
King of Goobers

Why is there still no keybind for this game?
Old 2012-04-10, 02:54   Link #3339
fuff

just wondering..is culprit battler just part of thhis game...or does he acutally have a signifacnt in the story?
Old 2012-04-10, 06:43   Link #3340
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
just wondering..is culprit battler just part of thhis game...or does he acutally have a signifacnt in the story?

He has a significant backstory. He spawns right around Episode 5 (Time line wise) and he is the protagonist of the Tsubasa side story called ''Forgery number XXX''. In this forgery he is, by the power of the witch of theatergoing, declared the main culprit of that gameboard, and his personality is completely changed to fit the role of the culprit. It also ignores one of the rules of a mystery (the whydunnit).
Of course, he isn't just a threat to the humans in the gameboard, he is also a really big threat to witches and demons as well, in fact his first victim wasn't a human, it was actually Ronove (who also explained to him what was happening and he got killed because he was just there).
The probablity that this story was actually created was due to us, the readers, started creating a theory of Battler actually being the culprit of the tale without considering the heart of it, and the result is this dashing handsome rogue.

TLDR: He doesn't have quite a role in the main story, but he has enough backstory to be considered a character on it's own, even though it's just Battler with a new outfit and a 180º personality change.

I hope this cleared up your doubts.
Closed Thread