AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-18, 04:38   Link #21
BlckKnght

I'm a fan of the manga Twin Spica (ふたつのスピカ) by by Yaginuma Kou (柳沼 行).

There was an anime version of it, which I liked, except when it ended a bit suddenly. It seems they needed to cut it short at about the midpoint of the manga's Volume 5, while the manga is still going at volume 9. I've purchased the first 7 so far, and I expect I will buy the rest eventually, especially if can I find somebody to translate them. Inane released a translation of Chapter 1 back in May of last year (using my scans), but the translator they had working on it got busy with other things. I hope somebody else will pick it up (if you are a translator and might be interested, PM me!).
Old 2006-01-20, 20:24   Link #22
Erawyn

Hm, Hitsuji no Namida (ひつじの涙) by 日高万里, it has only been translated into chinese as far as i know, although there's a site which has the translations of the first two volumes in english.

Its kinda like a romantic comedy but with a good story, the art is good too ^^ I'm surprised it isn't well known, but then again it was only finished in 2004 Dec ^^;

Last edited by Erawyn; 2006-01-21 at 00:44.
Old 2006-01-21, 12:35   Link #23
philupthetank86

Send a message via AIM to philupthetank86 Send a message via MSN to philupthetank86 Send a message via Yahoo to philupthetank86
hitsuji no namida... i like the sound of it.

could you let me know how i can get it?

i current don't know any IRC servers right now.

i'm trying to get back into translating.
Old 2006-01-22, 15:30   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was going to say Mahoraba and Tsukuyomi Moon Phase ... but I find that Mahoraba was scanlated by a hobbyist and TMP got licensed and Tokyopop released volume 1 last month.

It would be nice to see Mahoraba officially released in English I guess...
Old 2006-10-20, 06:16   Link #25
EricMontreal22

I heard a rumour Viz waslooking into some Moto Hagio--any word?
Old 2006-10-24, 14:18   Link #26
animernq

Bokurano (they haven't translated any new chapters for a while).
Old 2006-10-24, 14:33   Link #27
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Jinki and its sequel Jinki: Extend.

While Jinki: Extend has been officially licensed, ADV has all but officially halted the releases on this manga.

It's an awesome manga. You just have to survive the really ugly character designs in first two volumes of Jinki until you get to the much improved designs in the final two volumes, and the even further improved designs in Jinki: Extend.
Old 2006-10-24, 15:11   Link #28
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Shadow Star (NaruTaru). It's licensed by Dark Horse, but they've been sitting on it for years with no plans to do anything about it after running into a ratings hiccup similar to Exaxxion.
Old 2006-10-24, 22:29   Link #29
DanielSong39

Anyone know where I can find translations of Candy Candy?
Old 2006-10-26, 02:19   Link #30
Vermouth
Sempre libera degg'io

Candy Candy's publication rights are stalled because a litigation between the authors...
I'd like to read Moto Hagio's works, here in Italy we only had "We were 11"; and also I'd like to see more classic mangas...Tezuka's works (we have "Hi no tori", Adorufu ni tsugu,"Black Jack", "Buddha", "Jungle Taitei", "MW", "Ayako" and "Kirihito", but I want "Tetsuwan Atom" and "Unico", too!!), Ishinomori's ("Cyborg 009"I think it's available in the USA) Ryoko Ikeda's...
Old 2006-10-27, 05:06   Link #31
wontaek

Japanese Manga: Calvania Monogatari by TONO
Korean Manwha: Country of Winds ( 바람의 나라 ) by Kim, Jin ( 김진 )

These two are the best series I have not seen any English translations of.
Old 2006-11-06, 13:40   Link #32
chill

Kenji.
I have the whole series in Indonesian but as far as I know no one's translated it into English. And I've been doing a lot of searching. It's about a boy and his mastery of a style of Chinese kungfu. All the martial arts references in this manga are real. It even has accurate histories of the various styles. The first part of hte story occurs in Japan and takes part as Kenji is growing up. Then he goes to China to look for his grandfather. It's a really good series. Hopefully somebody (perhaps another Indonesian) will translate this someday.
Old 2006-11-06, 14:58   Link #33
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k View Post
Hagio Moto is one of the best shoujo mangaka ever. She can be said to have started the shounen-ai genre.
Agreed.

Then anything from artists like Kawasou Masumi (just bought three volumes of Kurotsubaki today ^^), Ima Ichiko (we are lucky to have Hyakkiyakou Shou in French), Hatsu Akiko or Udou Shinohara. Matter of personal taste, though.

Quote:
I read someplace that Moto's 11nin Iru! (They were 11!) was also published by Viz, but I don't see anything on their website about it. Does anyone know about this?
OOP since some time ago now.