AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 11:40   Link #2661
tsunade666

is it just me or the machina in this chapter needs an AT. He does fire a pile tornado trick on hayate.

Its just the normal net debate or war that's been their for ages. And its first for it. To happen in a bigger scale to even go against the pink goddess. Well oh well if I'm going against the world to begin with I will just stay with the moon.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 11:55   Link #2662
Mentar
Banned

Oh, good lord, get a grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Uhm...Hina was sadden and anger because he was late. Hurt? Sadden? What is the big deal "BEING LATE" to a birthday for a girl compare to when another girl find out her lover gives for the PROOF OF LOVE to someone else so easily. Not only that,her lover still believed in the people that SOLD the "proof of love" JUST FOR LUNCH MONEY. He still wanted to be with them, and you CAN'T do anything about it. And you know those people will make him suffer if he goes with them. And when she tried to do something that she believed will help him, her lover said that she does not know anything because she "Doesn't HAVE ANY PARENTS." And her lover KNOWS that it will hurt you greatly when he said that. What's more, she was the person who's right from the beginning over all. That HURTS Athena MUCH MORE than Hina for Hayate just BEING LATE .What is the big deal about "BEING LATE" compare to this?
Could we please return to a rational grown-up debate? There's little point in discussing it due to your strong tendency to alter reality to your liking. Example Hina: In my former 2 notes I pointed out that "being too late" was only one minor aspect of many. Why do you still insist on pretending it was merely about "being late"? Everyone reading the chapter without blindfolds knows that Hina mentioned the time ONCE, and then expressed anger over tons of other things.

Then the Athena part. It culminates in your latest attempt

Quote:
Uhm, did Athena really tried to slash Hayate with the sword, or to kill him? She was attacking him with the sword, but did she really aimed for him? She had trained him without hurting him with real swords, did she not? When he thinks she tried to kill him, it can be his hallucination with her fearful "aura" like when he first tried to open the coffin, right? At the end, when the sword broke, do you think Hayate was trying to kill Athena even though he went all out?
I wouldn't go so far to say that killing him was Athena's goal (after all I do believe that she likes him), but she seriously attacked and tried to hurt him seriously enough to make Hayate think that Athena was trying to _kill_ him.

We've been there before. You have the fixation that whatever Athena did was only born out of love and caring and only tried to help him. So the ends justifies all means, and if that includes slashing at him with a sword, so be it. She's pure and good and the best thing that ever happened to Hayate.

My opinion of her is less glorious. Hayate is Athena's fancy, her love for him has a trace of the way a master loves his pet. She's teaching him tricks, training him, feeding him, housing him, telling him what to do, telling him how to do it. She was hesitantly humoring him when he started to have wishes of his own, until the fateful day. There, he disappointed and hurt her terribly. She pulled rank on him, ordered him to sever his family ties and confines him to the castle. She didn't merely try to convince him, she _ordered_ him.

In my life experience, you see the character of people clearest in a crisis, and the way they handle the aftermath. I didn't like Athena's reaction at all, and I didn't like her reaction afterwards very much, either. "Uuuu, I'm alone again". I do feel sorry for her, because this kind of splitup was unfair and bitter for both of them. And obviously she is under some kind of compulsion we don't know about, so the jury is still out on her with me. But in the end, she lost her head, didn't regain control, and didn't try to remedy the mess afterwards. And she should own up to that.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 13:48   Link #2663
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Everyone reading the chapter without blindfolds knows that Hina mentioned the time ONCE, and then expressed anger over tons of other things.
The only thing Hina mentioned while she was attacking him was the fact he had forgot about their meeting (mainly, about her birthday). She didn't mention anything else. In fact, she didn't get angry until Hayate said he had forgot about that meeting. Although, it's heavily implied that part of her frustration were her own insecurities (you know, thinking she's not girly, thinking Hayate dislikes her), but all the same, Hayate is not at fault regarding those.

Anyway, that's the only thing she expressed anger over. So, zodanhko isn't the only one altering reality to his liking.
Old 2009-09-12, 14:06   Link #2664
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The only thing Hina mentioned while she was attacking him was the fact he had forgot about their meeting (mainly, about her birthday). She didn't mention anything else. In fact, she didn't get angry until Hayate said he had forgot about that meeting. Although, it's heavily implied that part of her frustration were her own insecurities (you know, thinking she's not girly, thinking Hayate dislikes her), but all the same, Hayate is not at fault regarding those.

Anyway, that's the only thing she expressed anger over. So, zodanhko isn't the only one altering reality to his liking.
Not only their meeting... I remember her saying : What about your promise??
This was Hayate's promise about giving her a great b-day present. I'd be pretty hurt / pissed off if the person who promised something like that, would completely forget about it (even with a valid reason). It'd seem like that person completely doesn't care about you. Hayate would have been clearly at fault if he forgot this promise.

Anyway, I don't see why this scene would portray Hina in a bad way nor would I compare it to what Athena did at all.

As for A-tan not wanting to let Hayate go back to his parents... I believe it's not the right of a third person to get commandingly between a child and his parents. Yes, one should support this child and try to offer him good advice but commanding Hayate about what he should do was not something I could agree with. I did sympathize with A-tan's point of view but her actions were not correct.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 14:11   Link #2665
Mentar
Banned

Quote:

Why do I have to waste time with this?

Chapter 97:
=========

(Hayate Flashback) "If you call for me, I'll be there to help"
Hina: What the? Saying that, when we first met... in the end, leaving me like this..."
... (irritated at Hayate since she believes he forgot her AND his promise due to not showing up)
Hina: Half past 11?
... (angry at the time, the single instance in which Hina mentioned it)
Hina: You just forgot?
... (angry at Hayate forgetting about their appointment)
Hina: You said you wanted to challenge me? It would be best if you grabbed a weapon
... (wanting to pursue their duel she believes he requested)
Hina: I'm surprised!! Your Mistress could remember it!! But the Butler couldn't! This is really pitiful!
... (angry at Hayate being less considerate than her oblivious hikikomori ojousama)
Hina: And wasn't it you who promised me for my birthday, Ayasaki-kun?
... (particularly angry because it was _Hayate_ who promised her a birthday present before)
Hina: Doesn't matter what kind of mess you were in... Why... What about the promise? (What did I just say?)
... (here, Hina begins to realize that something is wrong with her and begins to resist Masamune)
Hina: Yes, I am not that girly, and probably not pretty at all!! (I can't control my emotions!!)
... (here, Hina's hidden fears resurface, NOT triggered by Hayate, and she realizes that something is wrong. And finally, she drops the weapon and cries)

So, that clearly mentions all three reasons I listed. Hayate being late, Hina expecting this to be a duel anyway, and Hayate being oblivious to the damage his forgetting the birthday was causing.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 14:36   Link #2666
Used Can

But, all of that just reinforces what I said...

Quote:
Hina: What the? Saying that, when we first met... in the end, leaving me like this..."
... (irritated at Hayate since she believes he forgot her AND his promise due to not showing up)
She's angry because he forgot about their meeting (mainly, about her birthday).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Hina: You said you wanted to challenge me? It would be best if you grabbed a weapon

Not to mention that she also thought that may not have been a letter for a duel, but to have a meeting alone. Either way, she's angry because he forgot about their meeting (mainly, about her birthday).

Quote:
Hina: I'm surprised!! Your Mistress could remember it!! But the Butler couldn't! This is really pitiful!
... (angry at Hayate being less considerate than her oblivious hikikomori ojousama)

Quote:
... (particularly angry because it was _Hayate_ who promised her a birthday present before))

Quote:
Hina: Doesn't matter what kind of mess you were in... Why... What about the promise? (What did I just say?)
... (here, Hina begins to realize that something is wrong with her and begins to resist Masamune)

Quote:
Hina: Yes, I am not that girly, and probably not pretty at all!! (I can't control my emotions!!)
... (here, Hina's hidden fears resurface, NOT triggered by Hayate, and she realizes that something is wrong. And finally, she drops the weapon and cries)
Her insecurities kicked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Anyway, I don't see why this scene would portray Hina in a bad way nor would I compare it to what Athena did at all.
It doesn't portray her in a bad way. She's human, and her feelings got hurt. The issue here is that attacking Hayate was uncalled for.

Quote:
As for A-tan not wanting to let Hayate go back to his parents... I believe it's not the right of a third person to get commandingly between a child and his parents. Yes, one should support this child and try to offer him good advice but commanding Hayate about what he should do was not something I could agree with. I did sympathize with A-tan's point of view but her actions were not correct.
Indeed, trying to force Hayate to leave his parents was not a good thing, and she should never have attacked him, but her behaviour is understandable, because she's human too.
Old 2009-09-12, 14:45   Link #2667
Serffix

^

If you look at it at first glance, she's angry he forgot about the meeting. If you look into it a bit deeper, she's angry about the reasons Mentar mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can
It doesn't portray her in a bad way. She's human, and her feelings got hurt. The issue here is that attacking Hayate was uncalled for.
Not really. In Hayate's letter that Isumi gave to Hina, "duel" and "bring weapons" were clearly mentioned. Yea, she should have probably waited a bit before attacking. But I really can't blame her since she was frustrated at the situation. If the scene with the letter never happened, attacking him would have been uncalled for, BUT since she thought Hayate called her up there to settle their score from that bridge affair, she didn't do anything wrong by attacking him imho.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:13   Link #2668
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Oh, good lord, get a grip.
Could we please return to a rational grown-up debate? There's little point in discussing it due to your strong tendency to alter reality to your liking. Example Hina: In my former 2 notes I pointed out that "being too late" was only one minor aspect of many. Why do you still insist on pretending it was merely about "being late"? Everyone reading the chapter without blindfolds knows that Hina mentioned the time ONCE, and then expressed anger over tons of other things.

Then the Athena part. It culminates in your latest attempt
Altering reality? What I stated is what Hina felt and what Athena felt at that moment. The situation made how they felt much difference in MAGNITUDE, that is the truth.
Yes, Hina got angry for merely because he was late on her birthday that he promised. That anger is INSIGNIFICANCE compare to Athena.
Do you think what Hina felt is WORST, PAINFUL, ANGER than in the situation Athena and Hayate displayed? Please, listen to yourself.

Quote:
... (particularly angry because it was _Hayate_ who promised her a birthday present before)
"Hina: Doesn't matter what kind of mess you were in... Why... What about the promise? (What did I just say?)" Begin to resist? Its more like she still have no control over whats she was saying.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c097/5.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c097/7.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c097/8.html
She was irritated when she looked at the clock because she thinks he forgot the promised to meet at the tower. And she was sad because she believed he might not like her. Yes, because she thinks he forgot.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c097/9.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c097/10.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...r/c097/11.html
She got angry when he said he forgot, and attack him even though he doesn't want to fight with her anger. Yes, she attack him simply because of her anger. Hayate even stated he. "lets leave this incident behind" which means he DOES NOT want to duel, but her anger take the best of her.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hayate...er/c098/4.html
She said "so, my present, where's my present" and show the present by Nagi BECAUSE she DOES NOT WANT To lose because of her pride, she wanted Hayate to lose although she is at fault.

To sum up, she was sadden and get irritate because he didn't keep his promise. And she attacked him because of her anger of him being late to the promise, even though he told her he did not want the duel. Her anger is only because he was late although he promised on her birthday. That's all. Like I said, nothing more, nothing less, NOTHING SERIOUS compare to Athena's situation.

Quote:
I wouldn't go so far to say that killing him was Athena's goal (after all I do believe that she likes him), but she seriously attacked and tried to hurt him seriously enough to make Hayate think that Athena was trying to _kill_ him.
He did not think she tried to kill him when she attacked him. He thinks like that after the giant skeleton appeared. He believed that he can be killed because of the aura around Athena and the skeleton.
She keeping attacked him, and even though she was stronger than him and he did not even tried to fight back, Hayate still have no injury. Which means, she most likely did not aim for his body like when she trained him when she attacked him. Although, it may be otherwise near the end of the battle.

Quote:
We've been there before. You have the fixation that whatever Athena did was only born out of love and caring and only tried to help him. So the ends justifies all means, and if that includes slashing at him with a sword, so be it. She's pure and good and the best thing that ever happened to Hayate
Yes, what Athena did to Hayate because she thinks it will benefit him. Yes, she had not malice intention toward him. Yes, Athena is the best thing that ever happen to Hayate. Yes, her personality is good, however she can make mistake.

Quote:
My opinion of her is less glorious. Hayate is Athena's fancy, her love for him has a trace of the way a master loves his pet. She's teaching him tricks, training him, feeding him, housing him, telling him what to do, telling him how to do it. She was hesitantly humoring him when he started to have wishes of his own, until the fateful day. There, he disappointed and hurt her terribly. She pulled rank on him, ordered him to sever his family ties and confines him to the castle. She didn't merely try to convince him, she _ordered_ him.

In my life experience, you see the character of people clearest in a crisis, and the way they handle the aftermath. I didn't like Athena's reaction at all, and I didn't like her reaction afterwards very much, either. "Uuuu, I'm alone again". I do feel sorry for her, because this kind of splitup was unfair and bitter for both of them. And obviously she is under some kind of compulsion we don't know about, so the jury is still out on her with me. But in the end, she lost her head, didn't regain control, and didn't try to remedy the mess afterwards. And she should own up to that.
Seriously, just keep your opinion to yourself. I don't want to see it nor did I ask for it. To be honest, I wasted my time reading it seeming how ridiculously one-sided it can be.

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-09-12 at 15:38.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 15:21   Link #2669
aldw

Quote:
Indeed, trying to force Hayate to leave his parents was not a good thing, and she should never have attacked him, but her behaviour is understandable, because she's human too.
Under normal circumstances that may be the case, but considering how dealing with Hayate's parents would end up being a literal life-or-death situation (and there are all too many real life examples of this) Athena's actions are much more justified towards Hayate.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 15:31   Link #2670
Serffix

Quote:
Seriously, just keep your opinion to yourself. I don't want to see it nor did I ask for it. To be honest, I wasted my time reading it seeming how ridiculously one-sided it can be.
This is a discussionboard. People come here to give their opinions on things and when one opinion isn't the same as an other opinion, a discussion starts. There's a really simple solution to your comment above, simply ignore the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodahko
Yes, Hina got angry for merely because he was late on her birthday that he promised. That anger is INSIGNIFICANCE compare to Athena.
Do you what Hina felt is WORST, PAINFUL, ANGER than in the situation Athena display?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodahko
That's all. Like I said, nothing more, nothing less, NOTHING SERIOUS compare to Athena's situation.
The situation was serious for Hina at that moment. It stands COMPLETELY lose from A-tan's situation. And saying that one situation is just insignificant to the other is just the hardcore A-tan fan in you speaking. They were both serious situations and were both significant for that specific character.

I really don't understand what people are trying to prove with comparing these situations. Could someone explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw
Under normal circumstances that may be the case, but considering how dealing with Hayate's parents would end up being a literal life-or-death situation (and there are all too many real life examples of this) Athena's actions are much more justified towards Hayate.
If you said "intentions" instead of "actions", I would have agreed with you. She clearly wanted to protect Hayate from the evil that were his parents, but forcing him to stay at her castle was not the right way to do it.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:33   Link #2671
GDB

Quote:
I really don't understand what people are trying to prove with comparing these situations. Could someone explain?
Trying to convince others (and maybe subconsciously themselves) that their chosen female is the better one. It's basically a Tsundere vs Yandere argument.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 15:40   Link #2672
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Why are you discussing things from 100 chapters back? The facts about those things past are spread on the table. This opinion battle from everybody's perspective is so boring. I'd like to say that it's immature, but I fear the backdraft, since I post weird stuff all the time.

This won't go anywhere unless you ask Hata what were their feelings at that moment. Then personal opinions won't matter anymore. Somebody friends with Hata? .... yeah, I'm probably asking too much.

If this is going to continue, let me throw in my opinion as well~

Hina x Hayate: She was on her period and extremely irritable
Athena x Hayate: Immaturely wanted to stop him with force instead of a calm conversation. Even though she was damn right.

Mentar, I see, or at least perceive, correct me if I'm wrong, that you back Hayate quite a lot? What's wrong with him being just a dog? He shouldn't even have a consciousness, much less freedom to express his opinions.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:49   Link #2673
Used Can

Quote:
If you look at it at first glance, she's angry he forgot about the meeting. If you look into it a bit deeper, she's angry about the reasons Mentar mentioned.
Personally, I think the deeper and only reason was that Hayate forgot about her birthday. Those other reasons all come down to him having forgot about their appointment.

Quote:
In Hayate's letter that Isumi gave to Hina, "duel" and "bring weapons" were clearly mentioned. Yea, she should have probably waited a bit before attacking. But I really can't blame her since she was frustrated at the situation. If the scene with the letter never happened, attacking him would have been uncalled for, BUT since she thought Hayate called her up there to settle their score from that bridge affair, she didn't do anything wrong by attacking him imho.
The problem is that they didn't start any duel, at least not in a formal way. Hina attacked him out of the blue, and as you put it, out of frustration. Had Hina regarded this meeting purely as a duel (i.e. no personal feelings for Hayate involved) would she have attacked him?

Anyway, back to the main point, I don't think Athena or Hina were justified at attacking Hayate. However, I do believe there's a reason behind their behaviour, and why one of them was able to stop, whereas the other kept on fighting.

In Hina's situation, she was angry the boy she loved forgot about her birthday. That, and her own insecurities kicked in, building up her frustration, and making her angry. However, he did show up, late, but he showed up, and that's what she wanted. Additionally, I think another of the reasons behind her frustration was that she didn't know what exactly she felt for Hayate, and that throughout the fight she kept on realising her true feelings. By the end, she had a vague idea what she actually felt, and thus she was able to calm herself down.

Athena's situation is different. To begin with, Hayate handed the ring she gave him to his parents, and then his parents pawned that ring - chances are good that ring held some importance for her (other than symbolising her relationship with Hayate). In addition to that, she seems to have some issues when it comes to parents and betrayal. Moreover, parents seem to be a particular touchy subject for her. In addition to this, Athena did stop her attack. She put her sword to rest, and asked Hayate to remain in the RG with her. However, Hayate then mentioned the whole deal about her not having parents, and that's when her attacks got serious.

Personally, I think it was wrong to say "X character stopped her attack, whereas X didn't," without taking into account the respective situations each character had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Personally, as I've already said, I don't think any of the girls were justified in her actions. What I do believe is that what they did was understandable, and took place under different circumstances.

Quote:
My character > Your character
Old 2009-09-12, 16:02   Link #2674
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
This is a discussionboard. People come here to give their opinions on things and when one opinion isn't the same as an other opinion, a discussion starts. There's a really simple solution to your comment above, simply ignore the post.
It may be a discussion board, but posting something totally unrelated to the discussion and the debate is unnecessary. Nor did I ever asked him to share his negative opinion of Athena "to me."

Quote:
The situation was serious for Hina at that moment. It stands COMPLETELY lose from A-tan's situation. And saying that one situation is just insignificant to the other is just the hardcore A-tan fan in you speaking. They were both serious situations and were both significant for that specific character.
Hina situation was serious, yes to her. However, comparing to what Athena went through, realistically speaking and emotionally speaking, Hina's situation is nothing. The situation Athena went through made ANYONE(realistically) much more painful, anger, and suffer than that of Hina just for someone being late on her birthday.
...Which made the two situations incomparable when speak of controlled "oneself" which some Hina fans did.
Old 2009-09-12, 16:06   Link #2675
Serffix

Quote:

Personally, I think it was wrong to say "X character stopped her attack, whereas X didn't," without taking into account the respective situations each character had.

Personally, as I've already said, I don't think any of the girls were justified in her actions. What I do believe is that what they did was understandable, and took place under different circumstances.
So we agree that one can't really compare Hina's and A-tan's situation, but we just have a slightly different view of the circumstances of those situations. Fine with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodanhko
Hina situation was serious, yes to her. However, comparing to what Athena went through, realistically speaking and emotionally speaking, Hina's situation is nothing. The situation Athena went through made ANYONE(realistically) much more painful, anger, and suffer than that of Hina just for someone being late on her birthday.
...Which made the two situations incomparable which some Hina fan did.
_._; Then please stop comparing them as well. Imho, it just depends on how much of a fan you are of a character to base the level of seriousness of a situation on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodanhko
It may be a discussion board, but posting something totally unrelated to the discussion and the debate is unnecessary. Nor did I ever asked him to share his opinion "to me."
One is entitled to post w/e he or she wants as long as it abides by the forum rules. It's much better to ignore something you don't like than to complain about it

Last edited by Serffix; 2009-09-12 at 16:25.
Old 2009-09-12, 16:11   Link #2676
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

This is ridiculous.

"I'm right, no I am!, NO, ME!"

.... *sigh*

Hopefully things will revert back to 'normal' soon (my view of normality at least), and we'll continue speculating about the outcome, and future possibilities. I'm out till then. Bai~
Old 2009-09-12, 16:27   Link #2677
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
_._; Then please stop comparing them as well. Imho, it just depends on how much of a fan you are of a character to base the level of seriousness of a situation on.
Uhm, why don't you tell the Hina fans to stop comparing first? I mean, they were the ones who come upwith the idea.
I'm speaking in reality's perspective...If the Hina fans think that highly of Hina's situation because of fan base, I have nothing else to say.

Quote:
One is entitled to post w/e he or she wants as long as it abides by the forum rules. It's much better to ignore something you don't like than to complain about it
Well, I never stated anything about forbidding him to post. Since I see it being useless and unnecessary, and I merely advices him harshly that he'll waste his time. He may continue if he wishes.
Old 2009-09-12, 16:34   Link #2678
GDB

Quote:
Uhm, why don't you tell the Hina fans to stop comparing first? I mean, they were the ones who come upwith the idea.
I'm speaking in reality's perspective...If the Hina fans think that highly of Hina's situation because of fan base, I have nothing else to say.
From what I see, you were the first one to ignite this level of debate:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...39#post2638639

Someone merely mentioned the demon in the garden reacting to Athena's anger similarly to Masamune reacting to Hina's. There was no mention of whether said person was a Hina fan, Athena fan, or possibly even a Kogetsu fan.

Afterwards, you went and started downplaying Hina's situation while escalating Athena's.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 16:37   Link #2679
Serffix

Quote:

Well, I never stated anything about forbidding him to post. Since I see it being useless and unnecessary, and I merely adviced him harshly that he'll wasted his time. He may continue if he wishes.
I meant it as in "Since I like Hina more, I'll be more interested in what happens to her." This doesn't mean I'm going to downgrade another character's situation though. I'm just more moved / into it when something happens to Hina than when something happens to another character (even if the seriousness in reality may be different)

Anyway, since we all (?) pretty much agree that it's not right to compare the situations, I suppose this discussion has reached an end
Old 2009-09-12, 17:14   Link #2680
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
I meant it as in "Since I like Hina more, I'll be more interested in what happens to her." This doesn't mean I'm going to downgrade another character's situation though. I'm just more moved / into it when something happens to Hina than when something happens to another character (even if the seriousness in reality may be different)
I know what you meant, that's why I stated if you think that her situation is that seriously due to fan base, I have nothing else to say since that is your opinion. Nor did I think anything negative about you.

It is just that Mentar thinks (?) in reality that the situations are equivalent which I disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
From what I see, you were the first one to ignite this level of debate:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...39#post2638639

Someone merely mentioned the demon in the garden reacting to Athena's anger similarly to Masamune reacting to Hina's. There was no mention of whether said person was a Hina fan, Athena fan, or possibly even a Kogetsu fan.
Afterwards, you went and started downplaying Hina's situation while escalating Athena's.
I'm 100% certain that Teleutao is a Hina fan from being in this forum for sometime.
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
To add to my growing theory...I think that the whole skeleton-demon was just like the clock-tower scene I keep mentioning. Whatever caused the demon to appear, it was definitely on Athena's side and reacting to her anger, just like Wooden Masamune did to Hina. The only difference seems to be that Hina realized that she was losing control and stopped herself before she really hurt Hayate, while Athena was consumed by anger and let the demon drive them apart (she also probably would have seriously hurt Hayate if he didn't beat her).
And I stated, "Well, for starter, Hina's anger was only merely because of Hayate being late, and to compare that to what happened between Athena and Hayate is like earth and heaven."

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-09-12 at 17:47.

Tags
comedy, shounen