AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 23:17   Link #4641
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
So his duty is more important than a life?
It's not just duty. Hayate does care for Nagi, a lot. You've also got to remember she helped him back then, even when he tried to kidnap her (sure, he doesn't know she doesn't know about that, but he believes she forgave him). That, and I'm sure he doesn't want to make the same mistake he did 10 years ago.

Needless to say, yes, Athena also helped him, and I'm sure he'd like to apologise to her, and make up for what happened back then.

It's not an easy situation for him. Both girls mean a lot to him. Sure, there's a life in jeopardy, but he cannot just throw away his promise to Nagi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
Japanese makes their duty more important than their heart
Oh! For a second, I forgot the Japanese were emotionless cyborgs.
Old 2009-11-15, 23:24   Link #4642
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I think Nagi will officially obtained the inheritance after Mikado died as she is the only heir right now, thus the stone matter wouldn't be an issue anymore. And I would choose Mikado's death over Athena any day.

Wolf, Nagi and her inheritance can not be saved unless the stone is safe with Hayate according to the latest spoiler. Possibly, the only other way is for Mikado to be dead but you chose Athena's death instead. Poor Nagi.
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 23:27   Link #4643
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I think Nagi will officially obtained the inheritance after Mikado died as she is the only heir right now, thus the stone matter wouldn't be an issue anymore. And I would choose Mikado's death over Athena any day.

Wolf, Nagi and her inheritance can not be saved unless the stone is safe with Hayate according to the latest spoiler. Possibly, the only other way is for Mikado to be dead but you chose Athena's death instead. Poor Nagi.
he can always make the will out to someone else before die.

again this comes back to Kill Mikado first before he changes the will.
Old 2009-11-15, 23:29   Link #4644
Lisemer

I know there is more that just his job here, but even all the money of the world could be more that the person that help you to become the man Hayate is now (and I know Nagi save him too, but really, all the faith some people have in Nagi's promise is annoying -_-U)
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 23:32   Link #4645
Used Can

It's not just the promise, really. Hayate cares about Nagi. She's a very important person to him, who has done a lot for him.
Old 2009-11-15, 23:39   Link #4646
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I agree with Lisemer with the multiple usage of the "promise."

True, they are both important.
Maybe the "mind" vs the "heart" is a better description for his internal conflict. And what do you know, Athena just experienced it. Share the pain?
Old 2009-11-15, 23:47   Link #4647
Used Can

Oh yes, I can already see Hayate in chapter 450 pondering about what's more important for him, and then, in the next page:

Spoiler for Possible spoilers for chapter 450:

Then, in the page after that one:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-15, 23:51   Link #4648
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Really? Odd, Japaneses people care about duty in the mind more than the heart. I thought you realized that a moment ago. (duty, gratitude, promise, responsibility...mind) (sorry but Athena has his heart and the others, I have proof!!!!!!)
---"Oh! For a second, I forgot the Japanese were emotionless cyborgs." See, see.
Old 2009-11-15, 23:55   Link #4649
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Really? Odd, Japaneses people care about duty in the mind more than the heart. I thought you realized that a moment ago. (duty, gratitude, promise, responsibility...mind) (sorry but Athena has his heart and the others, I have proof!!!!!!)
---"Oh! For a second, I forgot the Japanese were emotionless cyborgs." See, see.
Either I'm missing your sarcasm, or you've missed mine.
Old 2009-11-16, 00:03   Link #4650
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I know I missed your last picture which didn't help with my understanding toward your sarcasm. A picture really worth a thousand words.
Old 2009-11-16, 00:08   Link #4651
Lisemer

So this was a mutual missunderstanding, lol...
Anyway, I think you, used can, are 200 chapters above us...
Old 2009-11-16, 00:22   Link #4652
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Used can, Zod
Please don't make another misunderstanding
I can't understand it??
Old 2009-11-16, 00:26   Link #4653
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Anyway, I think you, used can, are 200 chapters above us...
Let us say I did that on purpose...
Old 2009-11-16, 00:29   Link #4654
Wolfnagi

What do you mean by 200 chapter above??
Old 2009-11-16, 00:51   Link #4655
Koroshiya_Kame_13

I'm disappointed. Even though Hayate finally needs to make a choice in so many chapters and end the cliffhangar, the method Hata uses is just another cliche. Wonder why Japanese people are so obsessed with "You have to choose one". I think Japanese follows duty in real life while in manga they follow their heart. At least that's the impression they leave me with.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 00:54   Link #4656
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Used, I'll borrow this:

The Heart, I want the Heart:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for Possible spoilers for chapter 450:

Then, in the page after that one:

Spoiler:
Honestly, I'm leaning more toward him protecting the stone.
Old 2009-11-16, 01:02   Link #4657
Lisemer

wolfnagi, I mean, see the number of that "spoiler" of used can...
Old 2009-11-16, 02:23   Link #4658
Wolfnagi

Used can what??
Old 2009-11-16, 02:32   Link #4659
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
I'm disappointed.
Welcome to the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Wonder why Japanese people are so obsessed with "You have to choose one". I think Japanese follows duty in real life while in manga they follow their heart. At least that's the impression they leave me with.
Personally, I prefer him choosing one. If there's something I hate about Hayate is his indecisiveness. He cares for one girl the most. If he's aware of who that girl is, then he just should follow his feelings and protect that girl. I mean, this is not the type of decision in which there is right or wrong. In this case, he should just make a decision, and make sure he'll make that decision become the right one.

Also, he'd have had to choose at some point. What better time than now?

As for the Japanese, they are human beings too. They also act based on emotion; so, they can act based on their feelings, like any other person around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
Used can what??
I posted "spoilers" for chapter 450, but we're only in chapter 250. Thus, I'm "200 chapters above".
Old 2009-11-16, 02:43   Link #4660
Wolfnagi

Okay, i understand what's up with "200 chapter whatever" but one thing,
The Japanese sometimes stick to their heart for some important event such as one scenario,
You wife are about to lay your baby while your boss asked you to stay back but you will rather choose to go to your wife rather than stay back right,same as Japanese,they mostly will follow their order but as a human,they also broken some.
BTW,the idea of "you must choose one" is actually influanced by western people.
Really!!

Tags
comedy, shounen