AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-24, 04:54   Link #381
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
@Lowe: I watched the animations closely, and realized that there was supposed to be a green tube of "necrogen" mounted between the head spikes of that Staff of the Ctulu Lord. I suppose that's your mistake/intention?
C'tan, actually. C'thulu is a different kind of demon.

Lowe's symbol looks like this:

While the standard mark of the C'tan looks like this:

(excuse the picture quallity, slow internet does not promote ones urge to search a good picture)
Old 2007-05-24, 05:11   Link #382
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
C'tan, actually. C'thulu is a different kind of demon.

Lowe's symbol looks like this:

While the standard mark of the C'tan looks like this:

(excuse the picture quallity, slow internet does not promote ones urge to search a good picture)
Is that your final answer?

That said, yep, you've got it. I got the inspiration for the change after seeing too many a Summoning Core

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-24, 06:11   Link #383
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hmmm.... How to capture a Necron. Yep, TSAB and magic has an edge over most of the 40K races in this department So the Necron's not really dead, it just can't move?
Think of it like a powered down computer. Its data and circuits are intact, but without power its pretty much harmless. As long as Aurion doesn't somehow turn it on again...

Quote:
Doesn't it always?
Yeah I was running about yelling OMG OMG A PLOTHOLE!!! when suddenly I remembered that little bit of the Confession bind, then remembered how no one escaped from Enma's grasp, then remembered the field of divine energy, then Her Excellency slipped in the word 'Closed'...

Quote:
I smell incredibly delicious copypasta... considering it's awesome source though, and the even more awesome history (Alana is quite intriguing), I can let it slide

And I may have foolishly missed this somewhere, but I don't ever recall knowing how Sofia is blind, i.e. whether her eyes are open and she can't see, or her eyes are shut closed.
Yeah I think I went a bit overboard with her unique skills. I'll focus more on her Caster class skills, as well as the Velka techniques she knows another time.

She doesn't act like she's blind doesn't she? That's because in battle she isn't totally blind, just restricted vision with that Nobl-- I mean, Cyber Scan Unit that keeps her unsealed eyes in augment reality. I think I also forgot to mention like other Knight-sisters she has earned the right to mount a robot pegasus which she christened Bell-- *shot by another sword*

Ow... Outside battle, with her powers sealed, so does her eyes, and she depends on sound and feel to find her way around. Despite that, her pride refuses to let her use a walking stick. So backstab her when she's sealed, and she's gone.

Quote:
You are the weakest link

Not quite. Since Sofia the Device is obviously not a true Necron creation, it wouldn't really have Gauss Flayers installed in it (although my initial concept for Sofia did have it)

I was referring more to the minor detail of the sigil: The sign is supposed to have an inverted semicircular arch at the top of the ring, and not a straight bar.

With all this talk about Sofia, I wonder how a meeting with Sofia the Device and your Sofia would play out
Naruhodo... I thought nothing wrong of that sigil. Not enough people play Necron in my area I suppose.

I wonder... Sophia and Sofia... First we gotta stop Sab- I mean Alexandra and Ar- I mean Sophia from killing each other. I think. They are very different, and Sophia's a rather ordinary name, so I don't think there'll be much trouble. Until Sofie realizes the similarities between Sofia's cross and the C'tan cross.

Btw, what's with the tablet AKA S-stone? What does it do?

@Kero: C'tan yes, but I was referring to the TSAB name for the Necron. After all, the name Necron was given to the Necron by their enemies, not themselves so...
Old 2007-05-24, 06:38   Link #384
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Think of it like a powered down computer. Its data and circuits are intact, but without power its pretty much harmless. As long as Aurion doesn't somehow turn it on again...
So how does one try and scan it, I wonder? Especially if Aurion gets the urge to see exactly how advanced a Necron AI is....

Quote:
Yeah I was running about yelling OMG OMG A PLOTHOLE!!! when suddenly I remembered that little bit of the Confession bind, then remembered how no one escaped from Enma's grasp, then remembered the field of divine energy, then Her Excellency slipped in the word 'Closed'...
The Velka order is starting to look more like the Adeptus Astartes each growing day.

Hmm, maybe I need to review Keroko's involvement with the Velka order, maybe I could.... *scrible scrible*

Quote:
Yeah I think I went a bit overboard with her unique skills. I'll focus more on her Caster class skills, as well as the Velka techniques she knows another time.

She doesn't act like she's blind doesn't she? That's because in battle she isn't totally blind, just restricted vision with that Nobl-- I mean, Cyber Scan Unit that keeps her unsealed eyes in augment reality. I think I also forgot to mention like other Knight-sisters she has earned the right to mount a robot pegasus which she christened Bell-- *shot by another sword*

Ow... Outside battle, with her powers sealed, so does her eyes, and she depends on sound and feel to find her way around. Despite that, her pride refuses to let her use a walking stick. So backstab her when she's sealed, and she's gone.
*tilts head* Now I'm missing a reference here, what's the source?

Quote:
@Kero: C'tan yes, but I was referring to the TSAB name for the Necron. After all, the name Necron was given to the Necron by their enemies, not themselves so...
This can be argued, as the real name of the Necron is Necrontyr (technically, they're a race even older then the Eldar) But the TSAB calls the Necron ctulu? Or simply the Necron lord the ctulu?
Old 2007-05-24, 06:40   Link #385
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So how do you reactivate a "dead" Necron anyways, asides from the energies of a Ressurection Orb?

*spills lemon juice on a metallic arm*

*Green energy starts pulsing around the arm*

Erh...

Quote:
At least, she's not the Nunally-kind blind with their eyes closed. Although I think she'd look cuter that way

Quote:
I wonder... Sophia and Sofia... First we gotta stop Sab- I mean Alexandra and Ar- I mean Sophia from killing each other. I think. They are very different, and Sophia's a rather ordinary name, so I don't think there'll be much trouble. Until Sofie realizes the similarities between Sofia's cross and the C'tan cross.
That is the biggest problem concerning a mage who's device just so happens to have a symbol from one of the most feared entities in the multiverse

Quote:
Btw, what's with the tablet AKA S-stone? What does it do?
Ah, THIS should partially answer that question: Part III of Glock's Profile:

Spoiler for length:

Part IV coming soon.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-24, 06:53   Link #386
Aaron008R

Quote:
Yes I see that happening, especially when Artei's out-talked by Aurion. But he loves puzzles and might even play along with the psychological battles, trying to keep Aurion distracted or at least in the dark while he finds firm ground to get his Tsubame Gaeshi in. As for Sophia, it depends on how he treats her. If it's with respect, or at least some dignity, (I'm sure Aurion's not the kind of person to tease about someone his or her disability right?) she'll repay it with the same. But if it's teasing her about her interest in Kha, Aurion should remember why she's blind in the first place, or know the existence of sub-blades that form the longbow Dauer. I shall reveal that in due time.
What a volatile atmosphere. Well, then I guess Almaria can update her people who wants to kill Aurion because of annoyance list. Don't worry, Oji-chan is very tactful and considerate despite his disposition.

Quote:
Quote:
So how does one try and scan it, I wonder? Especially if Aurion gets the urge to see exactly how advanced a Necron AI is....
Aurion: This is interesting... *sinister smirk*
Every other OC: NO, STOP!!!!!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-05-24, 07:16   Link #387
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
So how do you reactivate a "dead" Necron anyways, asides from the energies of a Ressurection Orb?

Erh...
Self repair is a passive thing for Necron, actually. Though if the soul inhabiting the body was 'killed' then the body is no more then a metal cascet. No powersource, no repair.

Quote:

Spoiler for length:

Part IV coming soon.
Do finish, I may be able to tie Rogue Squadron's first encounter with the Necron to this.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-05-24 at 09:40.
Old 2007-05-24, 07:20   Link #388
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I'd like to see what Aurion's reaction would be. Aaron you there?

Quote:
The Velka order is starting to look more like the Adeptus Astartes each growing day.

Hmm, maybe I need to review Keroko's involvement with the Velka order, maybe I could.... *scrible scrible*
I did mention that I based the Saint Alexei Convent on the Adeptas Sororitias yep? With Sophia rebuilding the Convent, Kha being involved with training the next batch of Gre- I mean, Cleric-knights (Klerikeitter) of the Light of Velka and Carim, together with the Circle of the Church, lobbying the Galactic Defence Initiative for the Velka SAR to have its own Imp- uh Regional Guard of Wolkenritter, all they need now is someone to dig up the germ-seed that founded the Raumritter of the fallen Holy Velka Imperiallon...

But we still need one more person to round it off nicely... Her Holy Highness, Ultra-Commander of a Thousand Ships, the Supreme-Word of Truth and Order, the God-Empress of Velka, S******* H*****!

Quote:
*tilts head* Now I'm missing a reference here, what's the source?
*cough*Rider*cough* two servants in one...

Quote:
This can be argued, as the real name of the Necron is Necrontyr (technically, they're a race even older then the Eldar) But the TSAB calls the Necron ctulu? Or simply the Necron lord the ctulu?
The entire race, or at least the Visitors who have been forced to prematurely start assaulting the 178th... soon.
Quote:

Erh...
Aurion: Aha! Electrolytes! Now If I apply a stronger one...
Others: NO STOP!
Quote:
At least, she's not the Nunally-kind blind with their eyes closed. Although I think she'd look cuter that way
Er... I dun think a Brock-type gaze is fitting of her tsundere character.

Quote:
That is the biggest problem concerning a mage who's device just so happens to have a symbol from one of the most feared entities in the multiverse
Indeed. Lucky for him the organisation he's working for knows next to nothing about those "things".

Quote:

Spoiler for length:

Part IV coming soon.
Destroyer: Just as planned!

Kha: *sneezes* Where did that come from...?

Oh and I thought it was a harmless little S-stone. Looks like its going to be an S-stone of Absolute Terror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
What a volatile atmosphere. Well, then I guess Almaria can update her people who wants to kill Aurion because of annoyance list. Don't worry, Oji-chan is very tactful and considerate despite his disposition.
He'd better, if he doesn't want to get turned to sto--

*shot by Caladblog*
Quote:
Sophia: Are you sure he's going to be alright?
Kha: I suppose so. You'll be around if anything happens right?
Sophia: Well it would certainly be less of a bother if he'd just--
Aurion: Ahhhhh...! Bad robot! Bad robot!
Sophia: Looks like I'll have to go save him again... You'd be dead if it wasn't for Kha's orders... Or maybe I should wait a little longer this time? Hmm... Decisions decisions...

Now if you could imagine a blind Tohsaka...

@Keroko: I thought the Necron didn't have souls, just mechanical Ghosts of their original selves?
Old 2007-05-24, 07:23   Link #389
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Self repair is a passive thing for Necron, actually. Though if the soul inhabiting the body was 'killed' then the body is no more then a metal cascet. No powersource, no repair.
I forgot about that... still, a Necron that's been "shut down" should have a very small chance of coming back to life, unless external forces reactivate it again.

Begs the question of why I've never seen anyone kill a Necron simply by destroying its soul...

Quote:
Do finish, I may be able to tie Rogue Squadron's first enqounter with the Necron to this.
You'll have to make sure to take the timeline into account though: I've already fixed this timeline to 4 months before StrikerS FYI And don't worry, Part IV's on its way.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Oh and I thought it was a harmless little S-stone. Looks like its going to be an S-stone of Absolute Terror.
Regarding this thing, nothing's harmless

Hint regarding this though, as will be explained in part IV:
Spoiler for erh...:

Old 2007-05-24, 07:46   Link #390
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I did mention that I based the Saint Alexei Convent on the Adeptas Sororitias yep? With Sophia rebuilding the Convent, Kha being involved with training the next batch of Gre- I mean, Cleric-knights (Klerikeitter) of the Light of Velka and Carim, together with the Circle of the Church, lobbying the Galactic Defence Initiative for the Velka SAR to have its own Imp- uh Regional Guard of Wolkenritter, all they need now is someone to dig up the germ-seed that founded the Raumritter of the fallen Holy Velka Imperiallon...

But we still need one more person to round it off nicely... Her Holy Highness, Ultra-Commander of a Thousand Ships, the Supreme-Word of Truth and Order, the God-Empress of Velka, S******* H*****!

Dear lord, 'Rise of the Holy Velkan Empire' indeed.

Quote:
*cough*Rider*cough* two servants in one...
Ahh, now I see.

Quote:
The entire race, or at least the Visitors who have been forced to prematurely start assaulting the 178th... soon.
But... but... I like the sound of 'Necron!'

Quote:
Sophia: Looks like I'll have to go save him again... You'd be dead if it wasn't for Kha's orders... Or maybe I should wait a little longer this time? Hmm... Decisions decisions...

Now if you could imagine a blind Tohsaka...
Evil. Eeeeeviiiil.

I like her already.

Quote:
@Keroko: I thought the Necron didn't have souls, just mechanical Ghosts of their original selves?
They do, it was actually one of the C'tan that did it. The deceiver. He promised the Necrontyr eternal life and power to defeat their enemies, you know, the usual. And of course the Necrontyr were stupid enough to accept to the process and their souls were transferred into bodies made of living metal. However, the transformation dulled their minds and senses. As such they became the Necrons, warrior-slaves of the C'tan, harvesting life across the galaxy for souls to feed them.

Quote:
You'll have to make sure to take the timeline into account though: I've already fixed this timeline to 4 months before StrikerS FYI And don't worry, Part IV's on its way.
Perfect! That means Keroko is still a full-time Rogue. Thanks, this gets rid of a big headache.
Old 2007-05-24, 08:11   Link #391
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Here's Part IV, slowly getting there....

Spoiler for length:

Old 2007-05-24, 08:23   Link #392
Aaron008R

Quote:
I'd like to see what Aurion's reaction would be. Aaron you there?
A scanning perimeter field from Almaria would be seen in a few moments once the target is secured.

Quote:
More like:

*Just when Sophia is coming*
Almaria: Emergency defense procedures: Blaze Bomber.
*BOOM*
Aurion: *coughs out smoke* Almaria!
Almaria: *combat speech pattern* Sorry, Chief. It was calculated that any more time spent with a rampaging test subject would be most inconvenient. In any case, please don't pick me up yet. (She's on a table)
Aurion: Huh? Ah, well. *notices a slightly charred Sophia* Oh, Sophia, what brings you here?
Sophia:*nerve pulsing* ......................

Later....

Kha: Sempai! What happened to you?!
Aurion: *looking black and blue* Hahaha! Nothing. Let's just say there was a little problem in the escape process. *pats Sophia on the head* It was a bit chaotic, but we came out pretty satisfied. I got enough data for now. And Sophia here got to vent out her frustrations, ne?
Sophia: *smiling unnervingly sweetly* Yeah!
Kha: I see...

@LoweGear: Whoa, to be honest, I never imagined Glock would get quite the upgrade to that extent. Incredible bio so far. And Kay's reactions are starting to intrigue me. Good work, LoweGear!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-24 at 10:06.
Old 2007-05-24, 09:44   Link #393
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:

Kyla: No.... Don't... NO! DON'T! *waggles finger
Ruri: *[Unknown Skill!]
Ashton: *shakes head*

On the other end:

Dio: Yes... Go... Go! Yes!
Klaus: *shudders*
Alviss: -nowhere to be found-

----

Speaking of the last three characters, I'll whip them up later- Three AV Saint programs, coming up!
Old 2007-05-24, 09:54   Link #394
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for length:
I think I may have been a bit too fast in my releases Here's Part IV appended with additional information... and THEIR first appearance:

Spoiler for length:

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-10-18 at 09:42.
Old 2007-05-24, 12:31   Link #395
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Dear lord, 'Rise of the Holy Velkan Empire' indeed.

But... but... I like the sound of 'Necron!'

They do, it was actually one of the C'tan that did it. The deceiver. He promised the Necrontyr eternal life and power to defeat their enemies, you know, the usual. And of course the Necrontyr were stupid enough to accept to the process and their souls were transferred into bodies made of living metal. However, the transformation dulled their minds and senses. As such they became the Necrons, warrior-slaves of the C'tan, harvesting life across the galaxy for souls to feed them.
I won't so much that the Raumritter suddenly make a comeback. Give time for the Regional Guard to grow.

Well for the SS I'll be using that, but for the fic, if I get round to it, I hope to just use Visitors and keep the readers guessing.

Ah I see. Then the exorcism would really yank the soul out, and leave the circuits there. Now if Kha and Aurion combine their skills, we might be looking at Arnie the Friendly Necron.
Quote:
More like:

*Just when Sophia is coming*
Almaria: Emergency defense procedures: Blaze Bomber.
*BOOM*
Aurion: *coughs out smoke* Almaria!
Almaria: *combat speech pattern* Sorry, Chief. It was calculated that any more time spent with a rampaging test subject would be most inconvenient. In any case, please don't pick me up yet. (She's on a table)
Aurion: Huh? Ah, well. *notices a slightly charred Sophia* Oh, Sophia, what brings you here?
Sophia:*nerve pulsing* ......................

Later....

Kha: Sempai! What happened to you?!
Aurion: *looking black and blue* Hahaha! Nothing. Let's just say there was a little problem in the escape process. *pats Sophia on the head* It was a bit chaotic, but we came out pretty satisfied. I got enough data for now. And Sophia here got to vent out her frustrations, ne?
Sophia: *smiling unnervingly sweetly* Yeah!
Kha: I see...
I see... I've no idea what happened really... But knowing Toh- I mean Sophia better not ask.
Quote:

Spoiler for length:
Quote:
I think I may have been a bit too fast in my releases Here's Part IV appended with additional information... and THEIR first appearance:

Spoiler for length:
More! More!

Meanwhile...

Spoiler for Track 4 - Nanoha CrosiS:

As you can see, I've pretty much mobilized the entire thread's characters in on this one. Apologies for referring to them without permission.
Old 2007-05-24, 14:14   Link #396
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Arnie the Friendly Necron.... I am both fascinated and terrified with the idea.

Fascination seems to be winning, though.

Oh, and one teeeeny tiny detail. Keroko already knows Carim, in fact she has been doing jobs for the order every once in a while. Her job in the TSAB doesn't allow her to work full-time, but she has expressed interest in joining the order as a knight (I need to finish the StrikerS part of Keroko's bio, that would help to avoid confusion. Almost weekend.).

Now back to pulling and tweaking the timeline for the Rogue's encounter before you post yet another part.
Old 2007-05-24, 15:54   Link #397
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Forgive my laziness, but I've been gone for a while so can someone explain how this became the 'WH40K/Nanoha crossover thread'?
Old 2007-05-24, 16:08   Link #398
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
oddly enough, the whole Necrons as evolutions of the Gadget drones concept taken to the most pextreme logical possibility is alarming. More, I see that it seems to be a common enemy against whom even the most overpowered of our submitted characters can have their time in the sun without undue disruption...

As in....

Spoiler for length:
Old 2007-05-24, 16:24   Link #399
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Forgive my laziness, but I've been gone for a while so can someone explain how this became the 'WH40K/Nanoha crossover thread'?
Long story short: Lowegear used a Necron cameo. Kha's inspiration took hold, Lowe decided to ad his 2 cents and I decided to use the oportunity as well. Things spiraled of from there.
Old 2007-05-24, 16:46   Link #400
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
WOW I go to sleep and this is what happens..... maybe i should sleep more often

@LoweGear I love the profiles, how on earth do yo churn them out so fast?

Quote:

Spoiler for Track 4 - Nanoha CrosiS:

As you can see, I've pretty much mobilized the entire thread's characters in on this one. Apologies for referring to them without permission.
wow thats all i can say is wow. This story is getting intense.

Just a quick question about that last paragraph though.

Quote:
Cassandra: Hi honey. Something happened at the investigation?
Allison: Um, it's nothing...
Cassandra: (kneels down and hugs the girl) Now whats the problem?
Allison: Promise you won't tell anyone I told you this?
Cass: Depending on what it is Alex might have to know.
Allison: Erm... Okay... It's like this...
I see the mention of a Cassandra and a Cass. are they 2 different people or same person? and the Alex mentioned would that happen to be the Alex that I posted or another one.

Sorry for asking possibly obvious questions. I must confess that I have lost track of all of the names of everyones characters and their devices... sorry

Edit: If someone could be kind enough to list them for me that would be greatly appreciated. Or maybe if each person would list their creations names and devices that would work as well thanks and sorry for asking so much

O a small personality profile on Alex will be posted soon FYI and I think Fuyu is almost done with Cass's as well.

Last edited by Ratler; 2007-05-24 at 17:20.
Closed Thread