AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-08, 23:50   Link #1
Tier3

Looking for recent anime with BIG plot

I know this is my second thread on the page, but hey... I got an anime addiction that needs to be fed!

Examples?

Amatsuki
Kurozuka
Old 2009-06-09, 04:21   Link #2
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
what shows have you already seen D: ?

Darker than Black
Eureka 7
Wolf's Rain
Xam'd Lost Memories
Code Geass
Rahxephon
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mouryou no Hako (never finished getting subbed 9/12)
Eden of East

not sure if you've seen any of them or if you like the genre, not all are the most recent but they will do
Old 2009-06-09, 04:33   Link #3
denice25

Darker than Black
Eureka 7
Wolf's Rain
Mouryou no Hako
Eden of East
Old 2009-06-09, 05:21   Link #4
Arkuatic

Man aren't those pretty old? or did he mean recent as in quality.

I'd say big hitters are To aru Majutsu no Index is quite entertaining with a large plot overall..if they bring out the 2nd season(not sure if there is one).

Might also try out Chrome Shelled Regios, its a bit here and there but it contains a protagonist finding himself-that and his strength/powers attracts all kinds of havoc.
Old 2009-06-09, 05:31   Link #5
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Seirei no Moribito would be my top pick for recent (depending how you define it) series for plot development.
Old 2009-06-09, 07:10   Link #6
Raa
Sceptic

Kurozuka and a big plot? That some strange example...

Anyway what do you consider recent?
Seirei no Moribito would be my bet but it's nothing like Amatsuki or Kurozuka.
It has the best dialogs and good plot.

Eden of the East is recent and plot is building up nicely so far. Still it's nothing like Amatsuki or Kurozuka...

If you liked Kurozuka you should check on Kara no Kyōkai, it's certainly recent and good.
Old 2009-06-09, 09:39   Link #7
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In addition to Moribito, Ghost Hound (also and I.G. series) has a huge plot.
Old 2009-06-09, 19:56   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Noein has rather a "big" plot since it's concerned with conflict among parallel dimensions and the possible destruction of our own world.
Old 2009-06-10, 00:13   Link #9
Arkuatic

Tengen toppa gurren legan? Its an entirely different setting than amatsuki and kurozuka but it has a unique "big plot" involving character development and its pretty recent since its release was around amatsuki's.
Old 2009-06-11, 04:12   Link #10
Tier3

Sorry - here is my list.

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Ultima55/anime
Old 2009-06-11, 21:38   Link #11
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Darker Than Black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-06-11, 22:15   Link #12
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

Since you named Kurozuka, I'm going to recommend Ga Rei Zero. It has a similar kind of feel to it, and it's around the same length. Oh, and try not to judge the series on the first episode alone.
Old 2009-06-11, 22:23   Link #13
Shadow Kira01

Recent as in this season?

Big plot on what scale? Generally, here are some suggestions..

07-Ghost: Its a BL anime that seems to associate politics and religion to some degree, but its more BL than politics/religion..

Higashi no Eden: This definitely has a big plot. It is a story about 12 Japanese people being forced into playing a game which is sponsored by big-wigs and the wealthy in the shadows. These 12 people are called Selecaos and they are to carry out the role of the messiah and are allowed to spend 10 billion yen on their specially-designed advanced mobile phone on whatever means necessary to save Japan from its current track to downfall. This generally means that the messiahs aren't all good people and everything, which implies that lots of killing to occur. Within these 12 messiahs is one supporter who is given the task to execute any selecao that isn't following the rules or had used up his/her money with no fruits. The protagonist is somewhat seen as a rip-off of Jason Bourne but the story which starts off similarly gets derailed and near the end, it is all about building a NEET paradise and saving the NEETs as a means of saving Japan from some big conspiracy involving a few members of the Selecao. I definitely recommend this one!

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom: It starts off with a male Japanese tourist witnessing the murder of an INN reporter who had managed to obtain information on an unknown global-scale organization involving assassinations, drug deals, and gangsters that goes by the name of Inferno and that their lead assassin is a masked girl who goes by Phantom. Before the INN male journalist was killed off, he gave his backpack to the passerby tourist and it is also because of his unfortunate encounter that he was memory-wiped and brought into Inferno as a lead assassin working under Phantom. However, the organization also have ties with various government bodies and also plenty of internal strife. The ending theme looked like one from Death Note. I also recommend this one.
Old 2009-06-21, 02:55   Link #14
mearii
artsy fartsy

big??
i recommend.. code geass, neon genesis evangelion, darker than black..
well i strongly recommend these, especially code geass.. it has a slice of life and there's action, drama, politics, almost everything.. haha ^_^
Old 2009-06-21, 20:44   Link #15
LeoXiao
思想工作

Stand Alone Complex has a big plot.
Old 2009-06-21, 21:32   Link #16
Lvrhina
Akamatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to Lvrhina
Air ... only because i'm not sure what you mean by "big" plot but i rewatched it alot and first time was good, second time i noticed more and it was better and third time i admired the storyline
Old 2009-06-21, 23:17   Link #17
Phantasmagoria
*Author

To go for recency, Eden of the East is a definite mention for this season (or even this year), and perhaps the only recent anime with a big plot.
Old 2009-06-21, 23:33   Link #18
Lvrhina
Akamatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to Lvrhina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
To go for recency, Eden of the East is a definite mention for this season (or even this year), and perhaps the only recent anime with a big plot.
Higashi no Eden has a good plot but I have a feeling the two movies are going to make or break the season.
Closed Thread