AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 19:29   Link #101
Langus
Optimus Prime

Watching Aizen's body get blown apart was the best scene IMO. That's just fucking brutal (and awesome). I have such a hard on for Gin right now (in a non-sexual way).
Old 2010-07-29, 19:30   Link #102
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Watching Aizen's body get blown apart was the best scene IMO. That's just fucking brutal (and awesome). I have such a hard on for Gin right now (in a non-sexual way).
That was the only good part. Everything else was horrible. I was iffy if he would attack and that was nice surprise, but it was still a possibility everyone saw. And how he was able to kill him...these ex Machina attacks really get to be too much after a while. I know, it's a shonen series and all, but there has to be a limit.
Old 2010-07-29, 19:34   Link #103
crazydom

Aizen basically all but confirmed that it's an illusion. He says he knew Gin would always backstab him. I bet he lied about the KS 'weakness' just to crush Gin's hopes when he eventually made his betrayal.
Old 2010-07-29, 19:35   Link #104
sayde

IMO, the final page is either a definite depiction of an illusion, or a definite depiction of him dying. The injury looks a lot more difficult to come back from than anything Ichigo's had so far. So while I suppose Aizen could still regenerate from this before completely dissipating, it would take him and the hougyoku to an all new level of cheapness.

Besides, the name of the arc in combination with the hogyoku right there in plain site for the taking, leaves me entertaining the possibility that Kubo might try to turn Gin into the new main antagonist afterall.

So I've got to give Kubo credit for that. When it comes to Aizen dying, he knows how to convince me just enough to troll me good each and every time.
Old 2010-07-29, 20:13   Link #105
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Besides, the name of the arc in combination with the hogyoku right there in plain site for the taking, leaves me entertaining the possibility that Kubo might try to turn Gin into the new main antagonist afterall.
After seeing Gin actually finally betray Ai-chan I can only hope this happens, Gin becoming the main antagonist would go along way making things more interesting around here.
I'd hate to think Gin did this for revenge or some secret undercover crap or whatever dumb ass idea behind it all, I think it would be be better if he did this cause he felt bored

Gin: Man it's boring around here.
Ai-chan: hey wanna join me in taking over the world?
Gin: *who the hell is this chump!?......hmmm guess I might see whats up, good way to pass the time* Sure why not.
~some time later~
Gin: Ahhh man this sucks now, theres no one to play with anymore, time to end this chumps dumb ass plans and get back to doing something fun.
Old 2010-07-29, 20:17   Link #106
ArmisaelXVIII

It's possible that Aizen and the hougyouku are now the same thing, so he's going to grow back his body from the hougyouku.

PS: Everyone is having their crossovers, so I don't see why I can't have my FullBleach Alchemist crossover. xD I just hope Gin doesn't get killed.

Old 2010-07-29, 20:18   Link #107
Hiking_Bear

Aizen's not dead, of course. I'm thinking Aizen already activated complete hypnosis against Gin and Gin never actually laid a finger on Kyouka Suigetsu. The question is whether Gin will survive the next chapter.
Old 2010-07-29, 20:47   Link #108
SuperiorX

Just as planed? or maybe not? who knows? the first little twist in while lol. Im still not buyin it kubo is a good troll...
Old 2010-07-29, 20:52   Link #109
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
After seeing Gin actually finally betray Ai-chan I can only hope this happens, Gin becoming the main antagonist would go along way making things more interesting around here.
I'd hate to think Gin did this for revenge or some secret undercover crap or whatever dumb ass idea behind it all, I think it would be be better if he did this cause he felt bored

Gin: Man it's boring around here.
Ai-chan: hey wanna join me in taking over the world?
Gin: *who the hell is this chump!?......hmmm guess I might see whats up, good way to pass the time* Sure why not.
~some time later~
Gin: Ahhh man this sucks now, theres no one to play with anymore, time to end this chumps dumb ass plans and get back to doing something fun.
Yeah. Gin's always gave off the impression that he does things strictly and solely for the lulz. He's a lot like the joker in that sense which is hardly a bad thing. Sometimes it's nice to have villain with no real deep or meaningful motivation--who's evil just for evil's sake. Still doesn't stop me from being gay for Aizen. But I can see why people like Gin.
Old 2010-07-29, 21:20   Link #110
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Oh wow, Gin I thought you was smarter than that. People lets get one thing straight, Aizen, Aizen the embodiment of deceit who even has a zanpakuto dedicated to deceit tells you how to stop his illusions and you believe him? It would be one thing if Gin found it out himself but when I read "to hear that single sentence" I thought, Aizen lied to him he's now officially screwed.

I hope Gin doesn't die. Or get as close to death as you can in this manga.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-07-29, 21:28   Link #111
Chupps

Awesome Chapter, Gin finally turned badass for me. Though i wonder what his motives/intentions are. Does he want the power/glory all to himself? Or is he just completely devoted to the Gotei 13 and was a perfect spy?
Either way, the biggest problem i have with the chapter is the back story into how Gin got Aizen to tell him a weakness to Kyoka Suigestu. I mean, Aizen seems the type to always keep his cards hidden. Wouldn't surprise me if it was all an act, Aizen's shown pretty great acting when it comes to feigning death.

I don't think this is the end of Aizen though, i mean, we haven't even seen his Bankai - which i assume will be pretty lame (Soifon) and really not as good as his Shikai for fear of him being an unstoppable monster. Also i suspect he's capable of high speed regeneration now since it looks to be the new 'in thing' in Bleach.

I also doubt Rangiku is actually dead regardless of Aizen stating her Reiatsu. She's too much of a fan service.
Old 2010-07-29, 21:45   Link #112
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Can't Aizen just have had his hypnosis activated since the time Gin first saw it without ever breaking the illusion?

I really hope it was an illusion but Gin manages to run away or something.
Old 2010-07-29, 21:56   Link #113
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Oh wow, Gin I thought you was smarter than that. People lets get one thing straight, Aizen, Aizen the embodiment of deceit who even has a zanpakuto dedicated to deceit tells you how to stop his illusions and you believe him? It would be one thing if Gin found it out himself but when I read "to hear that single sentence" I thought, Aizen lied to him he's now officially screwed.

I hope Gin doesn't die. Or get as close to death as you can in this manga.
normally that would be a fatal flaw, but we have precedent for it to be true with kenpachi vs tousen and aizen vs yamamoto.
Old 2010-07-29, 22:22   Link #114
strategos

So I heard that Bleach manga ended this week, is it true :O?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2010-07-29, 23:03   Link #115
TheRime

Gin looks like he's about to grab the Hogyoku. Which kinda explains why he waited till now to skewer Aizen, cuz he wanted Aizen to "warm it up" for him first.

Maybe he'll use it for a good cause instead of evil? *fingers crossed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
So that's not Aizen's "sword" he grabbed
for some reason, that's hilariously suggestive to me. "Psst, Gin, that's not my sword just grabbed. heh heh."

P.S. OMG wasn't the cover absolutely gorgeous???
Old 2010-07-29, 23:55   Link #116
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Awesome chapter(especially gin's stance when he gave the kill-command), although it's hard to believe that Aizen really told him how to beat his Zan's ability(but it might be true when you think about Yama's words)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
i think gin is still a genius. You can't compare zaraki figuring out tousen's bankai's weakness with this because zaraki only found out because tousen was playing around with him, which accidentally made him realize, hey if i grab your sword i can seee youuu

for aizen when it comes to combat, there's no way to figure that out, because of his fighting style and his sword's ability.
And if anyone did manage to find out, they prob didnt live long enough to tell about it
so its not surprising that it took decades of non-combatical analysis to figure it out, especially since he was acting as aizen's sub -and- as a gotei 13 mem, so for figuring out the almost impossible, gin is still a genius
seriously, how much of a genius you would have to be to understand a simple explanation like "you grab it, you win"? all Gin did was being patient for a absurdly long time due to his wicked personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
With the hougyoku, all bets are off illusions or not. Even when an attack legitimately works against Aizen, the orb is his get-out-of-jail-free card. He mentioned against Ichigo, it doesn't just regenerate him, it protects him.

As much as I enjoy plot twist, I don't see just poison winning against that. Unless Gin has found away around the hougyoku's powers too.
Maybe the Hougyoku suddenly has the hots for Gin for some reason.. I mean it is supposed to have some sort of free will and maybe it's really impressed by Gin's trolling skills and stuff... or just curious on how he would look like with a mullet
Old 2010-07-30, 00:03   Link #117
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Whether we will be trolled or not by Aizen, it does not concern the fact that the developments are well predicted before
I almost hoped that Gin is really trying to be Aizen's subordinate and won't try to backstab him, but I guess it didn't happen.

Old 2010-07-30, 00:04   Link #118
TheRime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Maybe the Hougyoku suddenly has the hots for Gin for some reason.. I mean it is supposed to have some sort of free will and maybe it's really impressed by Gin's trolling skills and stuff... or just curious on how he would look like with a mullet
If Gin gets a mullet.... ARGH NO, I can't even think about it. *shudders*

If he does, I'm swearing off Bleach forever.
Old 2010-07-30, 00:08   Link #119
orangejuicetang

For some reason, this really reminded me of the Shinji-Aizen betrayal, only this time it's Aizen-Gin and Aizen's the one being betrayed.

In both situations, the 'captain' knew that their 'subordinate' was planning something, and thus kept them close to keep a closer eye on them, but that led to their own downfall.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-07-30, 00:13   Link #120
Lunarskylar

argh, aizen told him? Bloody hell gin i defended your genius,
now it'll turn out that aizen wanted to die, because thats the real way to create the royal key, and then he gets teleported to, ih bloody hell who cares, at least gin looked badass

im expecting aizen to say something dumb like, 'yes thats my shikai's weakness, but my bankai is a bigger deux ex machina than yours is'

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread