AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-26, 03:55   Link #721
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Well...I would offer if I had time...but at the rate I'm going with all my other mini-projects (along with the reading backlog and RL stuff), you might be better off trying to learn Japanese yourself
Don't worry, it wasn't a serious request. I know quite well what kind of time-consuming process translating something is, and I can only imagine how difficult Japanese must be, given that the language also requires one to know all the letters to read it, instead of just 27 letters. Not to mention how several of those letters can mean several things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
karice x maggy :

Sorry if I've gotten anyone's hopes up, but I was riding on mag's "3 vs 0" comment in the Image thread so I assumed this applied to the manga. I've checked over the sources, and I don't think this happened, so my apologies.

As compensation, perhaps you'd be interested to know that both Alto and Sheryl's voice actors at least did an ero-scene of Episode 22 in the anime during production, though I highly doubt they'd release this to the public.
Hm, Yot-Chan says they only joked about that and didn't actually do those recordings? Who is right now?

Quote:
Really, I would strongly recommend taking the sex scenes as one of their gracious shipper presents rather than fighting over how 'canon' it is. (The same thing happened with a rival pairing in HSotD with the camera pan-ups, and the whole fandom went crazy.) But as far as the importance of the sex scene goes, seeing how the TV series is pretty staunch in its deadlock ending, I do believe it's best to keep it as spazzy shipper fodder as they continue to keep it coming, like this, this, this and other shipper presents that I lost track of. Such things are reserved for fellow fans to squee, and the the implied x actual sex scenes (anime and light novels) are worthy materials to be given squees of the highest degree.

Now that's not to say the so-called 'canon' of this ship depends entirely on these outside materials, but more of how the ship has been receiving much, much love ever since the TV series ended, and this could be a pretty good indication of how the romance scales are currently tipping as the second movie draws near. So for now, just take the shipper sex scene as it is, which, by the way, also means acknowledging that no, not everyone will see eye-to-eye on this, and just leave it to rest.

But where's the fun in that, you ask? Oh it will come, because when we have mini-Alto and Sheryl babies running around next year, I fully intend to gleefully rub it into the faces of every single crewmate of That Other Ship and I expect you to join me. XD
Well, as everybody should know by now, I am a big fan of trying to deduce logically what should have happened, be it with what happens after the ending of the show, or with how likely it is that Sheryl and Alto made love that night. So, yeah, I also must acknowledge that, since those things were not actually shown, they may not have happened as I deduced they would have. But I can still approximate the likelyhood to 99%, which is what I think I can do with both those topics.

Heh, maybe I'll rewrite my analysis from a few months ago sometimes as a proper essay, and not as a three-hour piece written in the dark of the night.
Old 2010-09-26, 04:30   Link #722
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hm, Yot-Chan says they only joked about that and didn't actually do those recordings? Who is right now?
Yes, they fooled around with it.
Old 2010-09-26, 04:54   Link #723
magnuskn

Quote:
Yes, they fooled around with it.
Well, that cleared it up. C'mon, real recording which was discarded, or just a production staff joke?
Old 2010-09-26, 11:31   Link #724
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
karice x maggy :

Sorry if I've gotten anyone's hopes up, but I was riding on mag's "3 vs 0" comment in the Image thread so I assumed this applied to the manga. I've checked over the sources, and I don't think this happened, so my apologies.

As compensation, perhaps you'd be interested to know that both Alto and Sheryl's voice actors at least did an ero-scene of Episode 22 in the anime during production, though I highly doubt they'd release this to the public.

Really, I would strongly recommend taking the sex scenes as one of their gracious shipper presents rather than fighting over how 'canon' it is. (The same thing happened with a rival pairing in HSotD with the camera pan-ups, and the whole fandom went crazy.) But as far as the importance of the sex scene goes, seeing how the TV series is pretty staunch in its deadlock ending, I do believe it's best to keep it as spazzy shipper fodder as they continue to keep it coming, like this, this, this and other shipper presents that I lost track of. Such things are reserved for fellow fans to squee, and the the implied x actual sex scenes (anime and light novels) are worthy materials to be given squees of the highest degree.

Now that's not to say the so-called 'canon' of this ship depends entirely on these outside materials, but more of how the ship has been receiving much, much love ever since the TV series ended, and this could be a pretty good indication of how the romance scales are currently tipping as the second movie draws near. So for now, just take the shipper sex scene as it is, which, by the way, also means acknowledging that no, not everyone will see eye-to-eye on this, and just leave it to rest.

But where's the fun in that, you ask? Oh it will come, because when we have mini-Alto and Sheryl babies running around next year, I fully intend to gleefully rub it into the faces of every single crewmate of That Other Ship and I expect you to join me. XD
Old 2010-09-26, 12:39   Link #725
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I said nothing of the sort. You were trying to present the recording as serious evidence, and I replied that the actors were just joking around when they did the recordings.

That's twice now that you've misrepresented my posts. If it happens even once more, I'm going to post far and wide that you're a rabid Alto/Ranka shipper.
Old 2010-09-26, 12:48   Link #726
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Well that's not nice, adding insult to injury? I guess I shall prepare myself if it turns out your way

Quote:
Well, that cleared it up. C'mon, real recording which was discarded, or just a production staff joke?
Actually I believe I was the one that said it was a joke and I was referring to that recording I just didn't remember what it actually was so I thank Cheesie for reminding me.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-09-26, 13:38   Link #727
moncikoma

so there is no such recording?
if it do exsist...i wonder how much it sells in http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/ if got leaked...1.500.000 YEN???? 5.000.0000 YEN?
Old 2010-09-26, 13:41   Link #728
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Well that's not nice, adding insult to injury? I guess I shall prepare myself if it turns out your way
I tell you what. I'll convince these guys to stand down if you'd the same for members of "that other ship." You and I have had a discussion on this subject before, have we not?

After all, everyone should abide by the same set of standards, right?
Old 2010-09-26, 14:10   Link #729
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I said nothing of the sort. You were trying to present the recording as serious evidence, and I replied that the actors were just joking around when they did the recordings.

That's twice now that you've misrepresented my posts. If it happens even once more, I'm going to post far and wide that you're a rabid Alto/Ranka shipper.
I'm going off what I remember or how I understood your post, an^d since it was a week ago or so, it wasn't that fresh in my memory anymore. No need to get prickly.

Also, you got that for a fact that they were just joking around, or is that your own interpretation of the interview? Because what Cheesie says sounds otherwise.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2010-09-26 at 14:24.
Old 2010-09-26, 16:12   Link #730
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's love, Sir Dex, love. You're most certainly welcome to do the same to me if the opposite happened, although I'd probably have Swampstorm take the damage in my place, you know, obedient waifus and all.

And it's nice to see you back as well.

--

Also, for those who are wondering about the ero source:

Thanks, Yot-Chan:

Quote:
- But wait. Of course saying that Alto loves the sky is fine up to a point, but in episode 22, he and Sheryl end up staying together all night... Recently, I've been talking with the voice actors, and there's been some talk about that. I heard there was a great uproar that was very funny.

Yoshino: (laughs). Certainly, whatever happened between those two created a lot of anxiety. I won't talk about any of this, it's better to leave it to the imagination...

During the voice recording for the original image and storyboard image (Note: the final animation hadn't yet been completed), we ended up creating a somewhat indecent version for the rough cut with "Oh..." sighs from the voice actors and even from the staff in the booth on this side.

But no. I wonder what what really did happen that night? Only Alto and Sheryl know the truth.

- Won't this "Indecent Cut" be resurrected on the BD and DVD!?

Yoshino: Hmmm, what should we do with it? Rather than look forward to it in the TV version, what about the movie...? We're considering how to get it out there. We could also use it for publicity (laughs).
It's just a fun note, nothing more.

Edit : And certainly nothing to get so tensed up over, either, I might add.

Last edited by cheesie; 2010-09-26 at 16:30.
Old 2010-09-26, 16:29   Link #731
magnuskn

Ah, okay. <sigh> What is it with the "leave it up to the imagination" writers? Can't we have clear things in a romance anymore?
Old 2010-09-26, 17:47   Link #732
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Imagination is a scarce commodity nowadays. Who says that you can only believe something in a story if it is signed, stamped, and sealed by the author?

Quote:
It's love, Sir Dex, love. You're most certainly welcome to do the same to me if the opposite happened, although I'd probably have Swampstorm take the damage in my place, you know, obedient waifus and all.
Hm. But can't I simply pretend to be neutral and mock whomever of you loses? This approach makes for the optimal trolling strategy.
Old 2010-09-26, 17:50   Link #733
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Imagination is a scarce commodity nowadays. Who says that you can only believe something in a story if it is signed, stamped, and sealed by the author?
Oh, don't worry, I do believe what I want, approximated as much as the truth as I can get without a definite yes or no. But nonetheless, the whole non-resolution and constant wink-winking afterwards was and is a cop-out.
Old 2010-09-26, 21:41   Link #734
DeX-kun

Quote:
I tell you what. I'll convince these guys to stand down if you'd the same for members of "that other ship." You and I have had a discussion on this subject before, have we not?

After all, everyone should abide by the same set of standards, right?
Why yes, that does sound like a good idea. Should we have this on paper (or digital paper) somewhere?

I believe we did have a discussion on that matter quite some time ago

Quote:

And it's nice to see you back as well.
I just wouldn't have the heart Cheesie, it's just not in my blood to kick someone while they're down Even if I am welcomed, I'd be satisfied enough with just a conclusion to this LT.

Quote:
Hm. But can't I simply pretend to be neutral and mock whomever of you loses? This approach makes for the optimal trolling strategy.
Well, I might have to rethink my stance on the romance then. I might take up your suggestion

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-09-26, 23:53   Link #735
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Don't worry, it wasn't a serious request. I know quite well what kind of time-consuming process translating something is, and I can only imagine how difficult Japanese must be, given that the language also requires one to know all the letters to read it, instead of just 27 letters. Not to mention how several of those letters can mean several things!
- Un, I got that ....though I like sharing fun stuff, so I'll see what happens when I get to the novels anyway...
- Yeah, translators have to get quite a way beyond basic reading level to do it properly, but even then it's really time consuming to try and capture the atmosphere of the original work. That's why I'm always m(_ _ )m to the people translating certain light novels at the moment!
- That said, remembering Japanese 'letters' is all about remembering the smaller patterns that make them up - in some ways, it's better than romance languages because you can guess meanings just from looking at the characters, without having to look them up (^_^)

Quote:
karice x maggy :

D'oh! Though I'll have to admit I'm a Michel x Klan fan first and foremost and I got a nice fix today from the 124th radio show, where the seiyuus were talking about what they expected/wished for the pair in the second movie and beyond

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-09-27 at 05:18.
Old 2010-09-27, 04:13   Link #736
magnuskn

Quote:
D'oh! Though I'll have to admit I'm a Michel x Klan fan first and foremost and I got a nice fix today from the 124th radio show, where the seiyuus were talking about what they expected/wished for the pair in the second movie and beyond
Another reason why I go that I don't speak Japanese. Not being able to listen to Macross radio shows.
Old 2010-09-27, 23:28   Link #737
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Another reason why I go that I don't speak Japanese. Not being able to listen to Macross radio shows.
To be honest, they're not really all that informative though, unless you're a seiyuu fan wanting to know more about their personalities. Even the afore-mentioned "fix", from about 7mins into the show, was basically the seiyuu joking that

(1) nothing would happen because that's what these two are like - 'even in the TV series, Michel never spoke his true feelings until he was dying, so we'll need another life-or-death situation' (Kamiya), and

(2) that even in the series, all you heard was Michel going "aishite---"*, => 'was I mistaken?' (Toyoguchi/Klan) 'you never know, he could have been saying "aishitenai!!*"' (Nakamura) 'that would be awful!!' (Nakajima)

*I'm sure everyone knows what these mean, ne?

and that's only when there are guests around. Most of the time, it's just silly radio show corners...(which I only half listen to...)

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-09-28, 00:24   Link #738
DeX-kun

Quote:
To be honest, they're not really all that informative though, unless you're a seiyuu fan wanting to know more about their personalities. Even the afore-mentioned "fix", from about 7mins into the show, was basically the seiyuu joking that

(1) nothing would happen because that's what these two are like - 'even in the TV series, Michel never spoke his true feelings until he was dying, so we'll need another life-or-death situation' (Kamiya), and

(2) that even in the series, all you heard was Michel going "aishite---"*, => 'was I mistaken?' (Toyoguchi/Klan) 'you never know, he could have been saying "aishitenai!!*"' (Nakamura) 'that would be awful!!' (Nakajima)

*I'm sure everyone knows what these mean, ne?

and that's only when there are guests around. Most of the time, it's just silly radio show corners...(which I only half listen to...)
That was actually hilarious I wish I were able to understand Japanese, Yuuichi Nakamura is actually one of my favorite male seiyuu's so I would expect him to say something like that

Would aishitenai be the equivalent of "I don't love you"? At least I believe it's something similar to that.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-09-28, 00:24   Link #739
AlaAlba

silly radio shows indeed XD, but I really like it, it's crackingly hillarious.

and lol, 124 eh. until now I completely believe it ended on 105. so it's ○~△ now > >
Old 2010-09-28, 03:03   Link #740
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
That was actually hilarious I wish I were able to understand Japanese, Yuuichi Nakamura is actually one of my favorite male seiyuu's so I would expect him to say something like that

Would aishitenai be the equivalent of "I don't love you"? At least I believe it's something similar to that.
Yup yup, "aishitenai" => "I don't love you"

hehe...I actually started listening because of Kamiyan, but now I'm listening mostly for Nakamura because he tends to say things like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
silly radio shows indeed XD, but I really like it, it's crackingly hillarious.

and lol, 124 eh. until now I completely believe it ended on 105. so it's ○~△ now > >
Spoiler for ack...and getting rather OT...:

- Patrick Stokes

Closed Thread