AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 12:41   Link #261
Excorsism

I'm still hoping for that director's cut. Feels like the second half of the game could use some form of expanding, rushed to hell.
Old 2012-03-28, 13:22   Link #262
GDB

I feel like the game itself needs to be fleshed out more. Combine the "routes" and suddenly it feels like a much more complete game. Playing through just Jude's route, the story and progression felt so chopped up that I couldn't even care enough to keep going once I got Leia (which is odd, since she's the character I wanted to use the most).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 13:57   Link #263
Shadow5YA

A Director's Cut is possible. That seems to be the trend with Tales games recently. Symphonia got a PS2 version with more content, Vesperia got a PS3 version with more content, and Graces got... well, Graces F.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 21:27   Link #264
Excorsism

http://blog.livedoor.jp/alter_info/a...s/1753575.html

Amazing Milla figure. My wallet!
Old 2012-03-31, 14:52   Link #265
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
So I was wondering, is Jude a good Male lead for the game?
Old 2012-03-31, 15:04   Link #266
GDB

Compared to Luke, Lloyd, Yuri, and Asbel, I didn't find him to be that great a character. His fighting style is pretty nice, but as far as character goes? I rank him below early-Abyss Luke. Milla's a better main character than he is.
Old 2012-03-31, 15:29   Link #267
Mura
Now or Never

I've been hearing that people didn't really like his character so I wanted someone's opinion on it. Below than early abyss Luke huh, that is pretty bad.
Old 2012-03-31, 19:06   Link #268
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

is he more of an asshole than the long haired Luke?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 22:44   Link #269
GDB

He's not really an asshole (outside of one scene). He's more like a horny kid who developed a crush on a stranger and can't leave her alone. Despite, of course, being smart enough to be enrolled in medical school.
Old 2012-03-31, 22:45   Link #270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Now, I never played Xillia , but I'm pretty sure from all the skits and cutscenes I've seen Jude is pretty much your normal guy, just more polite with a hint of rebellious.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 22:47   Link #271
Mura
Now or Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's not really an asshole (outside of one scene). He's more like a horny kid who developed a crush on a stranger and can't leave her alone. Despite, of course, being smart enough to be enrolled in medical school.
I like my male leads perverted, it makes things a lot more entertaining for sure.
Old 2012-04-01, 03:34   Link #272
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
So I was wondering, is Jude a good Male lead for the game?
Jude is your typical wussy harem-lead without a harem Heard he grow up a bit during the later half though. Yeah, I haven't finished the story since my brother borrowed my ps3
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 06:44   Link #273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Jude is your typical wussy harem-lead without a harem Heard he grow up a bit during the later half though. Yeah, I haven't finished the story since my brother borrowed my ps3
Eh? He doesn't come of as that either... A good example of a wuss is Emil in the first half of Symphonia 2.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 09:14   Link #274
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I like my male leads perverted, it makes things a lot more entertaining for sure.
He's not really perverted, though. At least not that I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now, I never played Xillia , but I'm pretty sure from all the skits and cutscenes I've seen Jude is pretty much your normal guy, just more polite with a hint of rebellious.
Only once Elise shows up does he really start acting even slightly normal. Then he kind of goes back to what he was once Leia shows up. At least, as far as I had gotten before the jagged and broken storyline just pissed me off too much.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:45   Link #275
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay guys, Jude isn't a wuss, or a pervert, or an a-hole. C'mon.

He's basically the nice guy-type lead who can't turn his back on a person in need ala Vash the Stampede and Kenshin Himura. He does develop a crush on Milla pretty quick but.......dude, she's hot. It's totally understandable. Not to mention despite that very first meeting, she made a dang good impression on him.

I'm hoping that they do make additional story content for this sometime. Specifically a DIFFERENT FRAKKING ENDING. Been seeing way too much of that around lately.....
Old 2012-04-01, 14:06   Link #276
GDB

Except Vash and Kenshin were awesome right from the get-go. Jude may get awesome scenes later on, but at least up through when Leia joins he doesn't really do anything noteworthy. Then again, I can't remember which path I had chosen (starting to think I may have been playing Milla's), so if he gets better scenes in his then fine. But that also shows how stupid the split story perspective is for this game.
Old 2012-04-01, 20:36   Link #277
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Except Vash and Kenshin were awesome right from the get-go. Jude may get awesome scenes later on, but at least up through when Leia joins he doesn't really do anything noteworthy. Then again, I can't remember which path I had chosen (starting to think I may have been playing Milla's), so if he gets better scenes in his then fine. But that also shows how stupid the split story perspective is for this game.
Um, I'm talking about the type of character............

I've noticed that somebody always cuts in to shout "OBJECTION" when a person says something good about somebody of Jude's character type..........
Old 2012-04-01, 20:46   Link #278
GDB

Just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean he's the same as Vash and Kenshin because they're good guys. Asbel is nice and helps people too, but I still wouldn't say he's similar to any of them. Well, maybe he and Jude are similar, considering his ridiculous devotion to Richard.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:24   Link #279
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean he's the same as Vash and Kenshin because they're good guys. Asbel is nice and helps people too, but I still wouldn't say he's similar to any of them. Well, maybe he and Jude are similar, considering his ridiculous devotion to Richard.
None of which is talking about the character type. Jude is the nice-guy-who-helps-people-in-need type, just like Kenshin, Vash, and Asbel. I don't understand why you're arguing this.
Old 2012-04-02, 06:35   Link #280
GDB

Because people care about a character's personality, not an overly generic archetype mold that barely touches on what the character is really like.