AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-07, 17:34   Link #61
james0246

Rise... had a very solid opening weekend, with a box-office take of 54$ million (which, on a 90$ million budget is quite amazing). Expect this film to make somewhere around 150$ million in America (which, considering the lack of real competition next weekend, could be quite higher), and probably equal to that around the world for what is turning into a surprise hit for Fox Studios (surprising due to the adult skew for the film, not to mention the almost arty-sentimentality of the story and design).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:41   Link #62
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What next, Cow and Chicken the movie…
Old 2011-08-07, 17:42   Link #63
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
What next, Cow and Chicken the movie…
Dude, shut up! Hollywood might hear you!
Old 2011-08-07, 19:39   Link #64
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

It IS a pretty good movie. There's allot of good emotional energy behind it and unlike allot of films, does have pretty substantial buildup before the action.

And I gotta say. It's hilarious that ANYONE can claim that Andy Serkis isn't the main character in this film. James Franco? You're kidding me. Andy Serkis is really what made this movie.

I'm really hoping that people start to give Andy Serkis more credit with this film than what he got out of Lord of the Rings. Gollum was easily one of the strongest performances in that movie but Serkis wasn't even credited as an actor in that film.

If Serkis is anything. He's the specialty *make up* actor of our generation. Only his make up is digital motion capture.

Gotta admit though. The mounted police officer trying to fight an 800 pound silverback with a billy club? wow. That's pretty fucking stupid right there. Anyone whose seen a gorilla's skull compared to a humans would realize that's about the definition of futility.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 20:12   Link #65
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Andy Serkis is 2nd Unit Director for the Hobbit now. As well as Gollum of course.
Old 2011-08-10, 16:00   Link #66
Samari
World's Greatest

Just finished watching this. Pretty good film. It was interesting to see my city getting owned. Anyways, I have one major thing with the movie that I'm hoping someone can explain to me in case I just missed it:

Spoiler for Questions.:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 09:08   Link #67
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Without a doubt one of the worst summer blockbuster films of the year. This is so bad in fact, that I'm convinced studio execs paid off a large sum of critics to write "good reviews" for this dud. And much like the current trend of general film goers, they allow these people to speak for them instead of thinking for themselves. Seriously, I can't tell you how many people I came across that thought this movie looked horrific-- only to change their tune when they seen the critical consensus for it was that it was a "good movie." Pfft... this movie is anything but that. It's basically 'Deep Blue Sea' on land, only a lot worse. I think I'll go watch Schaffner's flick to wash this bad taste out of my mouth.
Well, everybody has their opinions, you hated it, okay, we get it

A lot of people on another forum I visit, dreaded this movie as well and I'd trust them to write a movie review over certain "professionals" or current "popular" reviewers. All of them were actually surprised how good it actually turned out.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote