AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-02, 16:41   Link #1
ObsidianZ

Question School Rumble (Season 1, 2 & OVA) licensed by FUNimation

School Rumble IS now licensed by Funimation.
From Anime News Network:
At their 2006 Otakon panel, Funimation announced their license of the comedy series School Rumble.
The company announced both the first and second seasons of the show, as well as the OVA; the series will begin releasing in 2007.

(link)
No rules have change however as this was an MFI release (see xris's post below) and as such posts about torrents or fansubs were not allowed anyway.

i started dl-ing this series but suddenly couldn't find it in the animesuki series list....i searched the list and it said that the series became licensed but when i searched the licensed database it wasn't there.....
can anyone clarify?

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-08-05 at 15:04.
Old 2005-01-02, 16:46   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Yes and No. For an explanation, please read the following threads and links.

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works (Forum & Site Feedback forum)

School Rumble (Fansubs forum)

Last edited by xris; 2005-01-02 at 16:58.
Old 2006-03-08, 00:15   Link #3
YakuMoFan~
--//Anime Newb\\-- ^^

Releases of Dvds [ date - year ]

I want to know about the releases in DVD for School Rumble, Well, Right now.. i dont have any , but i borrowed my friends.. [ 1 - 3 ] - ep 1 - 26 and their aint anymore Dvds on school rumble yet, at least i think, So i wanna know when they release dvd's for... season 2? Cuz, at the end of thee DVd's.. Tenma was saying watch the next episode.. and Then Karasumas .. like their isnt one.. and I watched the Ova and it said wait for season 2.. so yeah .. so if you could take the time then thanks [ i live in America.. T.T ]
Old 2006-03-08, 05:10   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuMoFan~
I want to know about the releases in DVD for School Rumble, Well, Right now.. i dont have any , but i borrowed my friends.. [ 1 - 3 ] - ep 1 - 26 and their aint anymore Dvds on school rumble yet, at least i think, So i wanna know when they release dvd's for... season 2? Cuz, at the end of thee DVd's.. Tenma was saying watch the next episode.. and Then Karasumas .. like their isnt one.. and I watched the Ova and it said wait for season 2.. so yeah .. so if you could take the time then thanks [ i live in America.. T.T ]
Your post is a little confusing but I'll attempt to guess what you are asking.

If you want to find out about School Rumble series 2, I suggest you have a look at the School Rumble Season 2 Confirmed for spring 06 & some OVA screenshots thread.

If you are looking for DVDs with english subtitles then no official release has been made. If you have some then they are bootlegs. If (from what it appears you said) there are 26 episodes on 3 DVDs, then they are definately illegal ripoffs. See the The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread for details on how to spot a bootleg.

As for the end of TV episode 26 where they show a "preview" of the next episode, it was a joke. At the end of the OVA, they knew that they had the go ahead for a second series so then it was true. Details of the second series can be found in the thread linked above.

Thread closed.
Old 2006-03-09, 20:02   Link #5
mik4384

school rumble

i am just wondering if school rumble and 2 is licensed or is the school rumble 2 not licensed?
Old 2006-03-09, 20:44   Link #6
Eclipze

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Thats the subform for school rumble.

1) It is NOT licensed.
2) It is, however, a MFI (Media Factory Inc) production, and that company has sent a C&D letter that is basically telling us that "even though it is not licensed, we do not want people to distribute, freely, our anime productions".

In other words? It is not licensed, nor is it available here on Animesuki.
Old 2006-03-09, 21:05   Link #7
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
I have a question, which I'm sure has been answered a hundred times.

If it's not licensed, does Media Factory have a legal right to basically say"don't distribute our stuff"? I understand why a site would want to avoid conflict, and just give in to the demand, I was just wondering if for instance, a company tried to sue, if they would have a legitimate charge and could win in court.
Old 2006-03-09, 21:53   Link #8
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

If you have $10,000 to pay for their lawyers I'm sure Suki will list School rumble.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-03-09, 22:27   Link #9
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
I have a question, which I'm sure has been answered a hundred times.

If it's not licensed, does Media Factory have a legal right to basically say"don't distribute our stuff"? I understand why a site would want to avoid conflict, and just give in to the demand, I was just wondering if for instance, a company tried to sue, if they would have a legitimate charge and could win in court.
Note: It is their work. They paid the production costs. They hired the animators. They contracted with the respective mangakas to gain rights to produce the stories in anime form.

How do you think you'd feel if you made your first ever digital movie, paid about half your entire life savings to produce, and have it distributed around the net?

Granted, most japanese animation companies seem to not care about this, and some even welcome fansubbing to promote their franchise, but MFI have stated their point. This is how they feel, and the Asuki people respect that.

Plus, its not impossible to find fansubs of the said C&D'ed series, just look elsewhere. (provided anyone subs them at all)
Old 2006-03-10, 09:51   Link #10
Sendoh718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
If it's not licensed, does Media Factory have a legal right to basically say"don't distribute our stuff"?
every anime IS licensed in Japan, so basically your question doesn't even apply.

Animesuki's policy is to not list anime that's licensed in the US, the policy was than changed to not list anime where the Japanese company request for it not to be listed.
Old 2006-04-19, 02:19   Link #11
silverwingangel

Question school rumble series

does anyone here know about the the second season on school rumble? because i was wondering if i could download it on animesuki? but having problems searching for it,and its not on animesuki at the moment
Old 2006-04-19, 02:40   Link #12
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwingangel
does anyone here know about the the second season on school rumble? because i was wondering if i could download it on animesuki? but having problems searching for it,and its not on animesuki at the moment
...animesuki isn't the only place to dl stuff. I don't even think I've ever used this site... Google is your friend, since you're not supposed to give links to licensed anime here (is it licensed?)
Old 2006-04-19, 03:01   Link #13
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
...animesuki isn't the only place to dl stuff. I don't even think I've ever used this site... Google is your friend, since you're not supposed to give links to licensed anime here (is it licensed?)
Yes, and no. School Rumble (and all othe anime) are licensed in Japan. But AnimeSuki still lists them, unless they are licensed by a US company.

This means that as of now, SR season 1 & 2 are considered unlicensed (this term is only used to describe animes that are licensed by a US company, at least in the community).

However!! Heres the thing: the Japanese company that produced SR season 1 & 2 is telling AnimeSuki (and other anime sites) to not list their productions, by sending a C & D letter (Don't ask me for its defination).

Hope that helps to clear things up.
Old 2006-04-19, 03:25   Link #14
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Asuki follows the fansubber's old credo...they will cease distrobution of episodes upon two factors, one is the US license of a series, and two is when the original holders of the rights to said series request a stop to distrobution.

In this case, Media Factory asked Asuki not to list their works on their site, and as MF holds the content rights then Asuki obliged willingly.
Old 2006-05-11, 21:34   Link #15
Elvan
my eglish is bad >_<

the manga it's lisenced at vol 7.
Old 2006-07-12, 06:36   Link #16
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Yes, and no. School Rumble (and all othe anime) are licensed in Japan. But AnimeSuki still lists them, unless they are licensed by a US company.

This means that as of now, SR season 1 & 2 are considered unlicensed (this term is only used to describe animes that are licensed by a US company, at least in the community).

However!! Heres the thing: the Japanese company that produced SR season 1 & 2 is telling AnimeSuki (and other anime sites) to not list their productions, by sending a C & D letter (Don't ask me for its defination).

Hope that helps to clear things up.
er so if the US license the anime it becomes unlicensed? lol
Old 2006-07-12, 15:46   Link #17
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
"Licensed" = an american company has paid for the right to distribute
an anime production in a given area and as such, should defend their
ability to profit from the production they have invested money in to
produce.

Let me describe it to you this way.

You're a musician and you pay a recording studio for time for your band
to record a full length compact disc production.

After about six months of working eight to twelve hours a day you have
a talented artist create the cover art and you're ready for the duplicators
to go to work and make several thousand copies to sell.

You've basically paid for this out of your own pocket.

The CD is released and you're making some income from it, but not as
much as you had hoped. You were at least hoping you could recoup
the costs of the studio time and paying the artists fee but in looking on
the net it appears that people in a foreign country not only have
discovered your creation but are releasing it on the net and people
in that country are downloading it in droves.

In fact, not only the music but the cover art and everything is somehow
freely downloadable.

And in fact, not only is it being downloaded in droves but the amount
of downloads far exceeds the amount of actual product sold. If the
production had been bought legitimately, the musicians might actually
be able to make a living off of their chosen career instead of having to
work a day job in addition to doing the music at night.

Do you see what I'm saying? It is their intellectual property. It is
perfectly within their rights to ask sites not to post or host links to
the material you're looking for. Yes, there are sites that are doing
what I like to call "stealthsubbing" what you want but it's not
information you're going to get here.

It's a legal and moral issue. Check wikipedia about the whole moral/
legal dilemma issue with regards to fansubs.

My personal opinion is that, however, the EXPOSURE of some shows
that would never be seen in the United States is largely due to the
fansub community. I'm not saying it's right but it's a complicated issue.
Old 2006-07-12, 22:12   Link #18
haiz123321
Obey me world!

so basically unlicensed products even if we share it we wont get sued but for licensed product we will get sued if we distribute them thats what u mean?
Old 2006-07-12, 22:20   Link #19
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

depends on what country you live in but the reality is that it would be a waste of money and time for MFI unless you were distributing mass quantities.
Old 2006-07-14, 10:11   Link #20
haiz123321
Obey me world!

whats MFI? >_<
Closed Thread