AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 14:03   Link #5461
El_Negro
Smurfee

All the sources Wikipedia gets are from Newtype, Compace & the Koshimizu journals. That makes it viable at least, the only reason why they debunk it as rumors is due to the fact that they misinterpret the Title changes.

Union of Nations Resolution 1 became United Federation First Declaration

Emperor Assination became Emperor Disqualification

because of these title changes the stupid misconception of false rumors occurs
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:30   Link #5462
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
Don't know for sure if Gino+Anya will support him after this mess,maybe Suzaku still lives is good enough for them maybe not and they'd want him to answer some questions but unfortunately his last memory would be Guren arm coming...

How about he pull through by himself without anyone help,proving that Suzaku can be strong mentally and doesn't need help to stand up...
Its a disaster situation, but can't see them just cutting the ties. Its not like anyone they really cared about was caught up in the blast. Was sent onto the battlefield with that thing so almost common sense (if didn't think about Suzaku's unwillingness to fire it) that it would go off at some point. Could just assume he lost track of his position while being annihilated by the Guren and it got fired in a bad place.

In terms of explanations can go a few ways. Clearly Suzaku would know the geass likely activated and made him fire it. So could go with some kind of explanation above or actually go with the crazy truth . Though with so many people acting out of character like Guilford it might not be such a far out theory. Timing could definitely be better with Anya having some real problems. Depends on what she saw when that reaction went off.

Certainly not a bad thing for someone to pull themselves back together on their own. Though depending on the circumstances it can be fairly easy or extremely difficult. Pulling the trigger that for now has killed a person you really cared about is closer to the latter. Don't think its bad to reach out to those who you still have for some support while at the same time pulling yourself together.

Of course I haven't killed anyone I cared about (or didn't care about ) so can't really judge that.
Old 2008-08-11, 14:41   Link #5463
orangejuicetang

Now for something more lighthearted. I was just checking out stuff and I just saw this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uILu8XEDvbA
I thought it was hilarous.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:58   Link #5464
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Now for something more lighthearted. I was just checking out stuff and I just saw this video.
I thought it was hilarous.
If I was Suzaku....I'd hit that.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 15:18   Link #5465
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
now for something more lighthearted. I was just checking out stuff and i just saw this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uilu8xedvba
i thought it was hilarous.
buahhhhhhhhhaaahahahahahah.
I love it.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 16:31   Link #5466
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
he had doubted the int. agency but his doubts were easily overcome by the very convincing members like vileta and special agent rolo... and he was dealing with lelouch, whos is already aware and is by all means a cunning... even having a body double..

then again its view point.. from suzu perspective.. yeah something was wrong... but he could not have easily figured it out because lulu easily covered his tracks...
from a viewers perspective where you see wats happening you know that zero is lelouch... but zero is an idea and could be any person to suzu.. its all about perspective.

now about asking a prisoner he just came back from china, he called int agency.. they say "every things a okay".. he goes to kallen to ask her.. w/c by all means is an easy way to get info.. since kallen was his schoolmate and former friend..
The "tracks" were not covered at all. Suzaku just didn't bother to look. All it took was a visit to the Intelligence Agency to uncover the problem. The fact that he didn't even do that until after trying to torture a prisoner without permission shows a lack of problem-solving skills.
The evidence is the same as that which proved Lulu as physically inept; I can claim Lulu to be a great martial-artist, and that all the evidence to the contrary is caused by outside factors. But no one on the planet is going to believe me, are they?
Old 2008-08-11, 16:33   Link #5467
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
I thought it was hilarious.
Haha oh that's pretty funny. Good to have a laugh with the tragic stuff happening in the series.
Old 2008-08-11, 16:46   Link #5468
Vakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
If I was Suzaku....I'd hit that.
But she's blind!

It's not as bad as a deaf person, though, I guess. A friend of mine joked it would sound like making love to a wookie.

...I'm a really bad person. : /

Quote:
The evidence is the same as that which proved Lulu as physically inept; I can claim Lulu to be a great martial-artist, and that all the evidence to the contrary is caused by outside factors. But no one on the planet is going to believe me, are they?
Actually, that gag may be subverted if Lelouch needs to pull Suzaku up from hanging...and you KNOW it could happen. They've dealt with that motif and hinted at his need to return the favor a ton of times, most specifically with Shirley. "Suzaku always needs to pull you up, huh?" Hell, it's even the first shot involving them in the show... But then this is just my speculation. If that happens, we can say the same about, say, Suzaku gaining insight.

Last edited by Vakir; 2008-08-11 at 16:59.
Vakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:28   Link #5469
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I don't always like to be right, but damn let's bring last week's conversation about Suzaku feeling that the "Live On" geass bends his values again and the many people who said that was B$ and that he just wants to commit suicide (or insert random gripe because we hate him here) ...I hope as Nina's black-hole turned the battlefield into an oblivion all of you realized the folly of those assertions...As I said last week, the "Live On" geass distorts his free will and doesn't give him the ability to even die for something worth dying for (Or even be able to change his mind in that instance)...I'd say not shooting Nina's ray was something worth dying for in his mind and the curse of the geass made him do something totally impratical in-terms of skewing his beliefs...Doesn't sound like just a gratuitous speech now does it?? Should he still be thanking Lulu, the same Lulu who was nearly vaporized ultimatley by the "Live On" geass?

I find this to be the pinnacle of not shocking in the least...
Old 2008-08-11, 17:34   Link #5470
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I don't always like to be right, but damn let's bring last week's conversation about Suzaku feeling that the "Live On" geass bends his values again and the many people who said that was B$ and that he just wants to commit suicide (or insert random gripe because we hate him here) ...I hope as Nina's black-hole turned the battlefield into an oblivion all of you realized the folly of those assertions...As I said last week, the "Live On" geass distorts his free will and doesn't give him the ability to even die for something worth dying for (Or even be able to change his mind in that instance)...I'd say not shooting Nina's ray was something worth dying for in his mind and the curse of the geass made him do something totally impratical in-terms of skewing his beliefs...Doesn't sound like just a gratuitous speech now does it?? Should he still be thanking Lulu, the same Lulu who was nearly vaporized ultimatley by the "Live On" geass?

We'll the live on geass might actually come in handy in future battles. On Suzaku its like "Seed Mode" that evasive move was classic suzaku. Did anyone notice that his one remaining leg suddenly was missing after he dodge her killing strike.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:37   Link #5471
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
We'll the live on geass might actually come in handy in future battles. On Suzaku its like "Seed Mode" that evasive move was classic suzaku. Did anyone notice that his one remaining leg suddenly was missing after he dodge her killing strike.
Well watching the scene did notice the leg in the Guren's hand when he was evading in order to fire. Sacrifice the remaining leg that really doesn't matter since Lancelot can fly is a pretty good move. Not sure it will come in handy too much. Didn't activate during the regular fights only when he was about to bite it. Since the Lancelot will be upgraded I can't see that situation happening too often.
Old 2008-08-11, 17:38   Link #5472
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post

Suzaku knows about the live Geass. He bitched about it not one episode ago. Then what does he do? He tries to let himself die again and it activates his Geass. Unless he's brain dead there's no excuse for forgetting about something so important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Kallen tore it off.
Old 2008-08-11, 17:40   Link #5473
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Kallen tore it off.
Namely, she slashed the first one off using the MVS dagger, and the second one was what she grabbed when she went in for that killing blow, because Suzaku dodged.
Old 2008-08-11, 17:43   Link #5474
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Suzaku knows about the live Geass. He bitched about it not one episode ago. Then what does he do? He tries to let himself die again and it activates his Geass. Unless he's brain dead there's no excuse for forgetting about something so important.
Its not like he tried to let himself die, there wasn't anything else to do at that point. Maybe he could dodge one more time, but it would only be delaying the inevitable. There was no escape and with that "Kill Suzaku!" order Kallen isn't stopping for anything. Even if he remembered it the most we'd get is "oh shit I'm going to do something terrible." Which I was expecting, but its not like it would made a difference.
Old 2008-08-11, 17:51   Link #5475
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Its not like he tried to let himself die, there wasn't anything else to do at that point. Maybe he could dodge one more time, but it would only be delaying the inevitable. There was no escape and with that "Kill Suzaku!" order Kallen isn't stopping for anything. Even if he remembered it the most we'd get is "oh shit I'm going to do something terrible." Which I was expecting, but its not like it would made a difference.
As his Geass proved, there was still room to dodge. He couldn't win, but he could at least try to escape. Also, as soon as he saw the hand coming, it was basically,"I can't win, time to atone with death." Then his Geass activates. He knows when it activates, so he should be smart enough to make sure it doesn't.
Old 2008-08-11, 17:54   Link #5476
Aquaman OS

He would have just been delaying the inevitable though. He couldn't escape the new Guren's speed and she was order to finish him off. It would have kicked in eventually no matter what he did.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:58   Link #5477
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
He would have just been delaying the inevitable though. He couldn't escape the new Guren's speed and she was order to finish him off. It would have kicked in eventually no matter what he did.
Only if he accepted it as inevitable. If it were merely life-threatening situations, he'd have run long ago. Suzaku has to accept his death to get it moving. So long as he doesn't do that, he keeps his free will.
Old 2008-08-11, 18:04   Link #5478
Aquaman OS

I don't see what else he could have done. He realized he couldn't get away from her when Gino asked him to switch "she's not someone who will let me do that" and realized he wasn't going to beat her when she chopped his leg off "I won't win." After that all he could do was dodge until she was in a positon where he couldn't and he would have fired it. There was no other way out of the situation since he couldn't escape, couldn't win, and Kallen wasn't going to finish him quickly due to her and Lelouch's rage at him. Unless he was going to try to fool himself he would eventually be thinking "this is it" and Geass would activate.
Old 2008-08-11, 18:06   Link #5479
Micante

Quote:
Only if he accepted it as inevitable. If it were merely life-threatening situations, he'd have run long ago. Suzaku has to accept his death to get it moving. So long as he doesn't do that, he keeps his free will.
You saw how Gurren was a beam of light and zipped through to destroy the Valkyrie squad. Do you really think a damaged Lancelot can run away from that?

Sometimes, running away is not always possible. Suzaku knew that fighting Gurren was futile and so was running away. The only thing that could save him was the FLEIA.

Every time that Suzaku dodged basically led to a piece of the Lancelot getting ripped off. Sooner or later, that's going to cause problems. Sooner or later, an important part of Lancelot would have been taken off and Suzaku would no longer be able to dodge anymore.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 18:08   Link #5480
Aquaman OS

The only way he might have been able to be killed there without Geass turning on was if Kallen quickly hit him before he saw it coming. Seeing as how she seemed to be taking her time tearing Lancelot to pieces and enjoying beating him there however that didn't seem possible.