AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 38 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 34.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 15.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-23, 03:03   Link #101
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
I.. I...
Spoiler for ill die:
I find it interesting that you put that in your signature, yet felt the need to spoiler it in you post
Old 2007-08-23, 03:18   Link #102
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
I.. I...
Spoiler for ill die:
Well people do die when they are ill sometimes, so the Ill Die, that's for sure.

I'm just ribbing ya, they seem to have a good relationship, one of the better ones in the show.
Old 2007-08-23, 05:31   Link #103
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
hm... Maybe Kagami is showing off her womanly side to seduce Konata, but too bad Game > Kagami in Konata's eyes.
Agree.
Old 2007-08-23, 05:47   Link #104
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

mickal555 - Well I got signature after i posted that post ^^'
Kaioshin_Sama - . Well yeah, finally anime with perfect shoujo-ai in it.
I mean, in every ive seen so far have been problems..
SP! - lot of love-trinagles
Yamibou - bad end
Kannazuki - for some reason i didnt like XD
But Minami and Yutaka... That's just something great...
I'm also fan of pair Konachan-Kagamin... What's really weird because I'm always more for "sisters' love" .. But this is kind of.. differnet.. Ok well but Minami and Yutaka first ^-^ (Well it's also not perfect [i guess that will never be] but it's just great ^^)
Old 2007-08-23, 08:35   Link #105
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You need to watch Marimite if you have not done it then.

As far Kagami and Konata are concerned, I would compare their dynamics to Joey's and Chandler's from Friends (their character chemistry was the sole reason I kept on watching the show).
Old 2007-08-23, 08:41   Link #106
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

//OT
Sry, I forgot to tell that I also don't like Marimite -.-
Isn't perfect too.. There is always someone in yuri in anime that will end up alone... But LS is just different ^^
Old 2007-08-24, 01:41   Link #107
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

EP 20 References Part A

Here's my Ref List for EP 20... This is from Part A, which is the part before the eye-catch. There seemed to be a lot of sarcasm in this episode... should be fun. Iku yo!

Spoiler for Long Post, unhide to view:

===
Part B coming tomorrow!

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-24 at 10:49.
Old 2007-08-24, 02:17   Link #108
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Spoiler for Long Post, unhide to view:
Just want to say that I LOVE the little prizes that come with candies and snackies. I have a whole collection of foamy-paper, detailed little trains (and station), rubber robot figures, various toys from anime I've never heard of, nice plastic puzzle pieces (can never get every puzzle piece in a series, DANG!), tons and tons of pogs (including my holographic Tiny Tunes and Pokemon ones as well), stickers - jumbo and regular sized, regular and holographic, etc. etc...

Can you tell I really load up on Korean snacks?
Old 2007-08-24, 06:27   Link #109
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

I give this episode a 10 for having the shortest Lucky Channel ever.

Is it strange to buy those things for the snacks, and not for the prizes? I can't remember how many of those cards, rubber figures, and other toys that I threw away. I remember the pogs one though and played it for a while until a I realized just how dumb a game it actually is, since you ended up ruining the pogs when you hit them with a slammer.

We used the slammers as slingshot ammos instead. Those things can hurt!

My favorite are the ones with the snap-together parts that form little robots. Got into a fight once over those.
Old 2007-08-24, 10:34   Link #110
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Sexy, Manga-Reading Kagamin
The manga Kagami was reading were volume 1-3 of 喰霊 (Garei) and volume 1-3 of 未来日記?Mirai Nikki, The Future Diary).
For any manga fans wondering, Mirai Nikki is being translated by Lucifer, and Garei is being translated by Entropy.
Old 2007-08-24, 10:50   Link #111
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

The Fujoshi Kanojo CM video link is fixed... so if you missed it please check it out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Can you tell I really load up on Korean snacks?
The food toys are popular in Korea too? That's nice to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Power J View Post
Is it strange to buy those things for the snacks, and not for the prizes? I can't remember how many of those cards, rubber figures, and other toys that I threw away....My favorite are the ones with the snap-together parts that form little robots. Got into a fight once over those.
Not strange... I toss them mostly too. I mean they're really designed for children, it's just the otas who can't let their childhood go. The little robots are the big prizes, like the Gundam Pocky. I would buy that pocky just for the shokugan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
For any manga fans wondering, Mirai Nikki is being translated by Lucifer, and Garei is being translated by Entropy.
That's really cool.. I think I'll check it out. Man I guess that Kadokawa marketing blitz is working...

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-24 at 11:57.
Old 2007-08-24, 12:12   Link #112
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I thought Soujiro's method to catch and kill mosquitos was borderline fantasy, but it seems to have some grounds:

"If you flex your muscle when a mosquito bites you, will it swell up and explode?"

Of course, I can't verify this.
Old 2007-08-24, 12:35   Link #113
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
I thought Soujiro's method to catch and kill mosquitos was borderline fantasy, but it seems to have some grounds:

"If you flex your muscle when a mosquito bites you, will it swell up and explode?"

Of course, I can't verify this.
Well if someone tries it, make sure they have someone capture it onto tape and youtube it! www
Old 2007-08-24, 12:59   Link #114
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
Wow, I would have never guessed it. Maybe I should edit my post to reflect this "fact"... I don't live near an area where I get a lot of mosquitoes, so if anyone is kind enough to do some mosquito killing experiments please do let us know how it goes.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-24 at 13:45.
Old 2007-08-24, 14:04   Link #115
Calawain
Gaijin

Many times when I'm watching anime I am a bit jealous as to the Japanese club system in their schools. Growing up in schools here in the States, there were clubs but there were very few of them, never had anything close to resembling daily activities, and few people joined them. I wish there was more active and varied clubs when I was in high school, would have given me something to do after school.
Old 2007-08-24, 14:15   Link #116
takumi2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
Many times when I'm watching anime I am a bit jealous as to the Japanese club system in their schools. Growing up in schools here in the States, there were clubs but there were very few of them, never had anything close to resembling daily activities, and few people joined them. I wish there was more active and varied clubs when I was in high school, would have given me something to do after school.
Heh, you should've done band in high school! Band seriously takes most if not all of your time, well, that is if your really that passionate about it, but even then, having done marching band for 2 years, 3 counting this year, it's exhausting, but it's fun, and while it doesn't count as a club, the practices and practicing at home does take time.

But yeah, I agree with the clubs here being crappy. I can't join a club mainly because of marching band, but even then, there is no really good club. The anime club is full of yaoi fangirls that lust over Naruto X Sasuke, so I try to stay far far away.

Actually, now that I think about it, the mosquito getting stuck does seem really plausible. I'm guessing that it will work like a balloon, or something like that. But I'm no science guy, someone should go ask Bill Nye.
Old 2007-08-24, 14:45   Link #117
Calawain
Gaijin

Well first off I have zero talent in musical instruments, I tried it in middle school and failed horribly. Funny thing though I ended up being a band geek that wasn't in the band, I had many friends that were in the school band. My school had no anime club as far as I remember, I have been out of high school for a few years however.
Old 2007-08-24, 15:14   Link #118
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
I have mixed feelings about this... I often think "oh, I wish there were manga school clubs here too... I could have met many friends with similar interests when I went to school" but...

from what I have seen in anime or manga, people joining anime or manga club are heavily discriminated by other students, girls, etc just on the basis that they are member of that club.
I know it's a fact, but I can't understand why this happens...

A really hardcore japanese otaku who watches anime all day and spends loads of money in Akiba isn't different from, say, an european soccer fanatic who watches his team's official TV channel all day and spends thousands of euro to see his team playing all across Europe... but the sports fanatic is usually considered somehow better

I don't really see the difference between them... it's a total passion, a radical lifestyle which can affect social life, but in no way one is worse than the other...

About the mosquito killing method ^^
I guess the major flaw of this method is that... you usually notice the bite after the mosquito has just gone away

I had heard of that as an old urban legend.
Our local version was only about the mosquito being trapped by the muscle, but not exploding.

However, this article says that a mosquito can explode under some circustances (not related to the muscle flexing, though)

For those really interested, it's eplained under the paragraph "how mosquitoes bite":
http://www.homestead.com/ipmofalaska...osquitoes.html
Old 2007-08-24, 15:27   Link #119
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think RL club (and culture festivals. And sport festivals.) are quite as cool as those depicted in manga.

If we're going to demand manga stuff, I want school idols! And slapstick comedy! (as long as it happens to someone else.) Giant robots and swordfights are kinda cool, too, but I really don't want to risk my life that much.
Old 2007-08-24, 15:29   Link #120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
Heh, you should've done band in high school! Band seriously takes most if not all of your time, well, that is if your really that passionate about it, but even then, having done marching band for 2 years, 3 counting this year, it's exhausting, but it's fun, and while it doesn't count as a club, the practices and practicing at home does take time.

But yeah, I agree with the clubs here being crappy. I can't join a club mainly because of marching band, but even then, there is no really good club. The anime club is full of yaoi fangirls that lust over Naruto X Sasuke, so I try to stay far far away.

Actually, now that I think about it, the mosquito getting stuck does seem really plausible. I'm guessing that it will work like a balloon, or something like that. But I'm no science guy, someone should go ask Bill Nye.
I'd add "Speech and Debate" to those "all consuming school clubs" along with band as being its own social niche to some extent .... probably the closest to japanese clubs I suppose.

In general, I've been disappointed with anime clubs (both adult and high school) -- they generally focus on what I'll call the 'less subtle and less challenging' long running series