AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 41 Rating
Perfect 10 4 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 22:59   Link #21
Darksong17
Stein Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Darksong17
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
What does it mean "anime original storyline" ?They'r going to ignore the manga and make their own ending ?

What for ?The Manga and the anime are pretty popular,why would they want to end it now ?
Because the manga is not finished.
Old 2009-01-24, 02:33   Link #22
dantman
Daniel Friesen

Quote:
What does it mean "anime original storyline" ?They'r going to ignore the manga and make their own ending ?

What for ?The Manga and the anime are pretty popular,why would they want to end it now ?
The manga is continuing, and the authors of it get to continue writing it for as long as they feel like they want to. However the anime was only contracted for 51 episodes, so now that they're running out of episodes and the manga has no intention of ending soon:
Spoiler:

So the anime has branched off and is trying to make a good run for a plot with a quick ending with the few episodes it has left.
Old 2009-01-24, 08:24   Link #23
noktown

Yeah but all the other animes like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach are not ending soon either and still get animated ;d

And could any1 tell me what was the last chapter animated ?I want to read the manga but i don't feel like reading it from the beginning ;d
Old 2009-01-24, 09:15   Link #24
Darksong17
Stein Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Darksong17
Quote:
Yeah but all the other animes like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach are not ending soon either and still get animated ;d

And could any1 tell me what was the last chapter animated ?I want to read the manga but i don't feel like reading it from the beginning ;d
No. And they had tons and tons of terrible filler episodes and arcs. I'm rather glad Soul Eater didn't go that route, personally.
Old 2009-01-24, 12:19   Link #25
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

i agree, terrible fillers and arcs take the fun out of the anime and makes you stop watching them and sometimes reading them, im really glad Soul Eater didn't went that road too.
Old 2009-01-24, 12:44   Link #26
BigGimp77

Yea and besides, BONES has some pretty talented writers. If anyone was going to make an Anime-Only ending, I'd trust it in their hands.
Old 2009-01-24, 16:37   Link #27
noktown

One Piece NEVER had "tons" of fillers.Unless you count all of them together now.
I like animes better so if i had to choose i'd rather go for fillers than just a random ending.
Old 2009-01-24, 21:36   Link #28
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

True enough. One Piece filler arcs were incredibly short, and more often than not painless.

They pace them extremely well.
Old 2009-01-24, 22:42   Link #29
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

atleast it wont be like D-grayman...
Old 2009-01-25, 00:34   Link #30
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

original story is better than weird fillers( ahem...excalibur), they take away the cool of the anime and the original story, in this case i can understand why they are going with a anime-original because the manga ain't over, and they way its going it might be hard to make a second season .
Old 2009-01-25, 02:24   Link #31
Clarste
Human

Quote:
One Piece NEVER had "tons" of fillers.Unless you count all of them together now.
I like animes better so if i had to choose i'd rather go for fillers than just a random ending.
Unlike One Piece and other shows like that, Soul Eater has always been set to end after 52 episodes (or whatever the number is). We've known this since the beginning. They simply don't have the option to extend it indefinitely, even if they did make filler. I wouldn't be surprised if the timeslot has already been filled by some future show.

Therefore, Bones only has 2 options here. Either they end the anime abruptly without tying any of the loose ends in the hopes that maybe it'll be continued in a few years, or make up a decent ending on their own. What is not an option is to create filler to stall for time, because that's really not the issue here, although it would be very soon if it wasn't already scheduled to end.
Old 2009-01-25, 02:59   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
atleast it wont be like D-grayman...
I honestly like what they did with it. Know your running out of material so find a good rest point. Rather than putting out terrible fillers or a bad original ending that leaves no room to continue down the road.

Anyways will just see how this wraps up. Hopefully they can do a decent job with it.
Old 2009-01-26, 10:25   Link #33
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So it finally happened Stein has left the premises. I knew it was coming and they did a good job giving us a look into his insanity. Medusa plans were reveled and we were pretty much right. You dont fight 2 super powers you get the super powers to fight each other. I think Aracne will learn sooner or later that trying to handle the Kinshin will yield bad results the dog will bite the hand of its master.
Old 2009-01-26, 17:01   Link #34
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Does this mean we will never see the cool new fights in the manga animated?! That means no cool Fey Blade action unless they change it! NOOO!!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-01-26, 17:13   Link #35
lmd_84

Well, they could still use it. It just wouldn't have quite the same set-up, because the Kid fight and Black Star's reaction to it didn't have the same consequence.
Old 2009-01-26, 17:31   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Does this mean we will never see the cool new fights in the manga animated?! That means no cool Fey Blade action unless they change it! NOOO!!
Well do share your concern on that point. Doesn't seem likely that we'll see them animated unless the set ups are changed. I'm not all that optimistic though it's not out of time yet. Will just see what happens.
Old 2009-01-30, 01:48   Link #37
Alchemist007
*Author

I wish they would decide stuff like that before starting the anime. Or plan better, like at least leave the scheduling flexible to go beyond 51 eps and take breaks to let the manga get ahead a bit.
Old 2009-01-30, 06:54   Link #38
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
I always thought they planned out every episode from the beginning and talked to the author about future manga events... I heard they did that with FMA anyway, but i guess i could be wrong
Old 2009-01-30, 11:20   Link #39
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I must say Im pretty happy with how the anime has been going since it split from the manga. (not saying I have ANYTHING against how the manga is going) but since we all knew itd be an anime original ending, I like how BONES has handled it. Maybe its the Stein fangirl in me talking about so far almost everything theyve done, I could have seen the manga doing and theyve kept the comedy as well (Shinigami-sama and Medusa in epi 40 ). I love that BONES is concentrating on the insanity in Stein and how its effecting him but how everyone around him is being effected.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-01-30, 19:08   Link #40
OutSmart
Comic Relief

I liked this episode, even though I'm getting tired of not seing the fight scenes I loved from the beggining of the series...

But I'm patient.. I'll wait ^^

edit:

I rated 8/10, I think it's important and interesting to see how the madness works on stein and to see how this character (wich is one of the more popular in teh series) evolves