AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-28, 23:11   Link #5181
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
ohh i think i kind of get flash cast now, so the school magic wants you to show your work and go through all the steps and tatsuya can skip to the last step and perform magic as good as course 1 but since he cant show work, he has to be course 2 something like that?
It's more like there's no choice, but to show the work since it isn't really possible to memorize an entire magic sequence through normal means. The school would be happy if you could skip the work, but considering the unethical means required to implement Flash Cast they would never allow it.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-29 at 14:37.
Old 2013-06-28, 23:30   Link #5182
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by questmas View Post
Even if its one or two steps, thats still useful, you can fling someone against a wall and knock them out with just one step

Well, I just dont see how other people cant do that.
no, just as I stated on my comment, I dont really think that there is any person (besides Tatsuya) who can use Flash Cast in combat.
Old 2013-06-28, 23:38   Link #5183
kagato3

Quote:
ohh i think i kind of get flash cast now, so the school magic wants you to show your work and go through all the steps and tatsuya can skip to the last step and perform magic as good as course 1 but since he cant show work, he has to be course 2 something like that?
It also has the limit of 5 steps. The vast majority of non combat magic require many more then 5 steps.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-28, 23:49   Link #5184
XFire
150% done

About Tatsuya's combat abilities....
  • Yannagi and Kokone can only beat him in a fist-fight. If he uses Mist Dispersal or god-forbid Material Burst, they both would be dead
  • Trident is a specialized CAD customized to fire three consecutive Mist Dispersal magics in an instant. First targets a defensive magic, second the enemys Zone Interference, third the targets body.
  • He does not need Trident to use Mist Dispersal, or Third Eye to use Material Burst. However, they vastly increase his efficiency and accuracy. For Trident, compare throwing an bolt to shoting it out of a crossbow. For Material Burst, compare suicide bombing to an air strike
  • Flash Cast isn't instantaneous, it skips the step that the CAD completes. The CAD takes subconcious information and processes it, then the magician casts the spell with the processed information. That is also the most time consuming part of casting. Hence Flash Cast takes place in a frame of time infinitely close to zero.
Old 2013-06-29, 00:20   Link #5185
waffler

^ that sounds like flash cast is faster than a cad? o.o
Old 2013-06-29, 00:27   Link #5186
hakazee

does it really matter?
0.1-0.2 seconds is probably as fast as the blink of an eye.

random question from summary web arc 6

Quote:
Hearing this story, Hayama (Maya's butler), says it may be the workings of Saegusa Koichi, the current head of the Saegusa
household, since his influence is strong in Tokyo. He warns Tatsuya that he needs to exercise more discretion for Miyuki's sake, since
it is too early for her to be connected to the Yotsuba, though Saegusa Koichi may already have an idea about her identity. Tatsuya
decides to leave all the data he obtained from Lina's trailer with Hayama and the clean up to Hayama.
saegusa know about them ?
Old 2013-06-29, 00:50   Link #5187
XFire
150% done

Quote:
^ that sounds like flash cast is faster than a cad? o.o
Um, that was the whole point. As long as it's limited to five steps he is much faster with Flash Cast than with a CAD.
Old 2013-06-29, 03:47   Link #5188
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
  • Yannagi and Kokone can only beat him in a fist-fight. If he uses Mist Dispersal or god-forbid Material Burst, they both would be dead
  • Trident is a specialized CAD customized to fire three consecutive Mist Dispersal magics in an instant. First targets a defensive magic, second the enemys Zone Interference, third the targets body.
  • He does not need Trident to use Mist Dispersal, or Third Eye to use Material Burst. However, they vastly increase his efficiency and accuracy. For Trident, compare throwing an bolt to shoting it out of a crossbow. For Material Burst, compare suicide bombing to an air strike
  • Flash Cast isn't instantaneous, it skips the step that the CAD completes. The CAD takes subconcious information and processes it, then the magician casts the spell with the processed information. That is also the most time consuming part of casting. Hence Flash Cast takes place in a frame of time infinitely close to zero.
Yanagi might not be able to beat him anymore.
"Merely being a Yotsuba Guardian isn’t anything special. My own conceit was abruptly brought to a close by Yanagi-san, and I’m still unable to win against my master yet." that's what Tatsuya said and immediately afterwards we get the flashback about Yanagi immobilizing Tatsuya when he was 13 years old in the war, so yeah he said he using the past when he spoke about Yanagi not the present.
Old 2013-06-29, 07:24   Link #5189
fujin of shadows

Quote:
“Enough about me, Masaki how about you!? Have you made a little progress with her?”

It’s too late for regrets. Though, it’s normal for regret to come after. The moment after the words he spoke to change the subject left his mouth, Kichijouji thought “Aw, nuts…” with intense regret.

“If by her you mean ‘that her’ then no progress.”

The frozen expressionless look on his face was more stone mask than poker face; in a voice that matched the face, Masaki made answers like “none” and “I’ve gained nothing”.

“…What?”

A voice shouted stop in his heart. That was the voice of Kichijouji’s common sense. But by the time his inhibitions returned, Kichijouji’s tongue and lips could not help forming questions.

“You can’t get in touch with her?”

“I didn’t ask for her contact information.”

“Why!? Didn’t you dance with her, Masaki. She did not seem to dislike you.”

“I don’t think she hated me either. But, it’s hopeless.” He could hear the emotions Masaki was holding back in his voice; even Kichijouji felt so much pressure he found it difficult to breathe.

“But, why!?”

“She’s that guy’s sister. Until I erase the stain of defeat, I feel unworthy to pursue her.”

Kichijouji did not say that he thought the girl would not care about that. He thought it would be irresponsible to say that without due consideration; even if that was the truth, it would be meaningless since it did not keep it from bothering Masaki.

He did not feel like laughing it off as foolish stubbornness. Quite the contrary, he wouldn’t be Masaki if he did not get obstinate about this type of thing, Kichijouji thought.

His next words gushed out easily from within him without hesitation or calculation.

“I’ll help you, Masaki. No, not help you. Let’s wipe out the stain of defeat together.”

“Ah. I’m counting on you.”
Masaki, George, the only way for you guys to beat Tatsuya is for him to actually let you win......

Masaki, don't go after Miyuki or you'll just break your heart......

Guys, chapter five is being translated

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ubious_lolicon
Old 2013-06-29, 12:31   Link #5190
waffler

Quote:
“Masaki. Even now, I believe you are more powerful than Shiba Tatsuya.”
that makes me laugh a lot xD
Old 2013-06-29, 13:36   Link #5191
nacer666

Ignorance is a bliss.Or not.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:44   Link #5192
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Tatsuya needs Trident to beat Yannagi. Trident rolls three decomposition spels into one spell, to allow simultaneous destruction of multiple targets. The three targets for Trident could be anything and are not limited to data fortification, Zone Interference, and physical body. Considering the mechanics of Trident, this could very effective against Juumonji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
does it really matter?
0.1-0.2 seconds is probably as fast as the blink of an eye.

random question from summary web arc 6

saegusa know about them ?
Yes.
Old 2013-06-29, 14:58   Link #5193
waffler

i remember they said that yanagi had really fast casting and he was the only one who had casting speed almost enough to match tatsuyas flash cast ?
Old 2013-06-29, 15:11   Link #5194
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
i remember they said that yanagi had really fast casting and he was the only one who had casting speed almost enough to match tatsuyas flash cast ?
Yes, but Fujibayashi said that he could barely keep up with Tatsuya.
Old 2013-06-29, 18:37   Link #5195
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Tatsuya needs Trident to beat Yannagi. Trident rolls three decomposition spels into one spell, to allow simultaneous destruction of multiple targets. The three targets for Trident could be anything and are not limited to data fortification, Zone Interference, and physical body. Considering the mechanics of Trident, this could very effective against Juumonji.

Yes.

if Koichi knew about Miyuki that means he also should know about Tatsuya ties with Yotsuba ?
Old 2013-06-29, 18:45   Link #5196
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
if Koichi knew about Miyuki that means he also should know about Tatsuya ties with Yotsuba ?
Yes. It was mentioned in the Mayumi SS.

Quote:
The caretaker refutes Koichi's concern, “The Independent Mage Squadron was created by Brigade Commander Saeki to obtain combat magic from the Ten Numbered Families. The current leader of the squadron is Kazama who once served under the retired Kudo (war veteran from the Nine Family). Kazama is someone who was once judged by the Ten Families. As such, even if it’s the unconventional Yotsuba, it would be really difficult for them to absorb the 101st Squadron.”

Upon hearing this, Koichi raised his eyebrow, “This is the first time I heard of this.”

The caretaker replied, “To this day, the 101st Squadron has yet to harm the Saegusa family in anyway. Therefore, we’ve let them do their own thing.”

Koichi wonders, “…. So, why is the Independent Mage Squadron and the Yotsuba meeting?”

After asking, Koichi immediately knew the answer.

The caretaker replied, “My thoughts are the same as yours.”

Neither Koichi nor the caretaker were psychic, but they’re sure they arrived at the same answer.

Koichi took out a card with his middle and index finger and threw it in the air. The card then emitted a bright light and burned into nothing.

My Note: The "answer" is that someone (Shiba "Bad Ass" Tatsuya) from the Yotsuba family is within the 101 Squadron.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:05   Link #5197
Reality_Breaker

I need help I stopped reading this LN sometime ago, I think i'm still in the part with the school competitions, so i'm very behind on a lot of things, now normally I don't like spoilers but I need to know something that's killing me, so depending on the answer I might begin reading the LN again now it might be a stupid question and i'm not trying to start something but does Erika end up with Leo or is she still in love with Tatsuya?
Old 2013-06-29, 20:09   Link #5198
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yes.
Trident is both the spell and the CAD, so it might be either of them and to be honest the logic here of the author is not very good, so tatsuya can beat Lina who is the strongest magician in the USNA army without going all out but somehow he needs to go all out to beat Yanagi or Kazama who are powerful magicians in their own right but still, it's like comparing Miyuki(Tatsuya) to Mayumi(Yanagi/Kazama), both hold amazing magic abilites but one of them is just too damn good power wise.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:19   Link #5199
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality_Breaker View Post
I need help I stopped reading this LN sometime ago, I think i'm still in the part with the school competitions, so i'm very behind on a lot of things, now normally I don't like spoilers but I need to know something that's killing me, so depending on the answer I might begin reading the LN again now it might be a stupid question and i'm not trying to start something but does Erika end up with Leo or is she still in love with Tatsuya?
what do you expect?
my answer will depend on what your expectations.
Old 2013-06-29, 20:28   Link #5200
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
what do you expect?
my answer will depend on what your expectations.
Let's just say i'm not a fan of ErikaxLeo and leave it at that.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings