AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 08:48   Link #21
Kaasman
Forged by pure anime love

Send a message via MSN to Kaasman
Quote:
I'd like to plunge into Honey & Clover world, whereas kindness, politeness, love and caring, healthy atmosphere, and above all friendship beyond limits do reign supremely
But does this ever happens in real life no way ....

Friendships break people fight
Healthy atmosphere ??? We have war so i wouldnt call it healthy
Kaasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 09:46   Link #22
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

man... I am depressed as hell.

I hate real life

I hate myself.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 09:59   Link #23
M L Monster
三尉

yeah Honey and Clover world is pretty interesting.

Right now I'm in the urge of retaining another year but Morita has already spent years retaining in his university.

heh depressing.

Somehow when people doesn't like the life or the situation their in they just seem to run away to imagination world
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 11:00   Link #24
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Unhappy

Bah..i feel depressed now..

man,how cool would it be to live in an anime world where you're a high school boy living by yourself in a girls dorm where the chicks are hot,cute, and sexy and aside from that, they all want you............................................... .even if you want them all..

...~sigh~...

*thinks of it*......

*goes back to reality*......dammit.....
Old 2007-02-10, 11:15   Link #25
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
I can imagine me in an anime. Cute anime boys, but I don't really know who should go out with . And then we do something right.... I'm in dream land already .
Old 2007-02-10, 12:05   Link #26
Kaasman

i think living in an anime world is more fun for guys :P because most of the series we wanna live in are echhi based or with hot girls who wanna have you... like ichigo 100% just a girl grabbing you all the time THATS RL
Old 2007-02-10, 13:14   Link #27
Rare
Verses

Woah this thread has tugged more than a couple of heartstrings.

One of the main reasons I watch anime is to escape reality and the best anime tend to be the most effective at immersion, at least for me. I agree with all the ideas posted, hot girls, super powers, cool friends etc. But there are two things in particular that I envy in the fictitious lives of anime characters: their gang aesthetic and their sense of goals.

Not every anime has a gang as such but most feature extremely strong friendships that go way beyond what most of us might expect from our friends. If I were Naurto, and Sasuke was being that much of a prick, would I bother trying to save him every time? Probably not if I'm honest. The relationship between the lead roles in Air (sorry forgotten the names >.<) is breathtaking. Eureka seveN's Gekkostate are wicked, I definitely love to join them flying around playing music out whilst publishing a magazine, fighting the bad guys and just generally lounging around looking cool

But it's that sense of drive and of goals that are much stronger, much more vivid and far reaching than the kind of goals we are likely to have IRL, which I really envy. My goals? Pass my degree, get a job, fall in love (hopefully ^^) ... all fairly standard. Most anime characters want to save the world, uncover some truth or other, or just fulfill something immensely important to them personally. That's what I find missing from real life. interestingly, that's the reason a Blizzard 'higher-up' gave for the success of World of Warcraft: that it gives people a sense of doing something heroic which they lack from their normal lives.

Sorry for the rant but was such a nice topic Although yeah, depressing if you think about it too much.
Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 15:07   Link #28
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I would, probably, like to travel with the Tsubasa Chronicle team or to spend a couple of months in Zero no Tsukaima world (as a noble, of course). But escaping from the reality for the rest of my life - no. I have a lot of things I like in this world.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 16:53   Link #29
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Sometimes I wish I was in an anime, but it's mostly because I want to know what its like to experience what the characters are and what I would have done differently.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 18:59   Link #30
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post

But it's that sense of drive and of goals that are much stronger, much more vivid and far reaching than the kind of goals we are likely to have IRL, which I really envy. My goals? Pass my degree, get a job, fall in love (hopefully ^^) ... all fairly standard. Most anime characters want to save the world, uncover some truth or other, or just fulfill something immensely important to them personally. That's what I find missing from real life. interestingly, that's the reason a Blizzard 'higher-up' gave for the success of World of Warcraft: that it gives people a sense of doing something heroic which they lack from their normal lives.

S.
yes. EXACTLY mate. My life is boring and ordinary.

And yet nothing has happened to me... I dont live in a country full of war or pain or disease and I have never lost anyone close to me and I have never been treated bad.

It sounds insane... but its almost like that I want something bad to happen so I got a point to live or accomplish something. People say, go out and help strangers, but for that you need an initiative.

I get this really cold hollow feeling inside when I am done watching an anime.

When I got into naruto last year, I watched... about 150 episodes in one week. From the moment i got out of bed I sat all day and watched naruto. I did this for 5 days straight. only breaks was sleep, going to get something eat, bathroom. and at that point I felt I was in this other place... and now having to wait a week to watch, is just killing me. and its only 22 minutes.

I mean... I seriously feel like crap when I leave these worlds.

I think the key might be the phrase "find something you love and protect it". But I dont got any great war to go to, or anyone who has done anything bad to me, or any goals or anything I particularly want.

your right when you say that anime characters do. Animes are good at telling stories, and stories are driven by the characters, and characters are driven by their motivations, and feelings. this is what makes good stories.
And thats why my life would make a bad story.
Just another ordinary drone.

My parents did not get killed by an evil monster, my land was not ravaged by war, i did not got cheated or treated unfairly.

It takes me back to the ideologies of the matrix. A cool movie that you have probably seen. There is this scene where one of the bad guys(an agent) talks about how humans cant live a perfect life, in a world only full of happiness, because we need suffering, hate, sadness and mourning to make us feel alive, and remind us what good things are.

Maybe we need to experience something terrible to appreciate life. But going after something willingly is absolutely insane, right?

Im beginning to sound like a complete nut job... holy crap.
Old 2007-02-10, 19:16   Link #31
Kaasman

Well not really i had bad days also first girl i had sex with ( people below 18 dont read it:P) the same hour my freaking grandpa dies and i was away

Might be anime kind but still its just........Real life and well i wouldnt want to escape my live but i prefer if the anime mixes with my life i wouldnt mind having a girl hanging on me all the time ( SHE NEEDS TO BE PRETTY )
Old 2007-02-10, 19:50   Link #32
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Talking hahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaasman View Post
Might be anime kind but still its just........Real life and well i wouldnt want to escape my live but i prefer if the anime mixes with my life i wouldnt mind having a girl hanging on me all the time ( SHE NEEDS TO BE PRETTY )
lol.Kaasman,we always have like the same thoughts regarding this topic!! with the hot girls and stuff.
Old 2007-02-10, 20:54   Link #33
Rare
Verses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
When I got into naruto last year, I watched... about 150 episodes in one week. From the moment i got out of bed I sat all day and watched naruto. I did this for 5 days straight. only breaks was sleep, going to get something eat, bathroom. and at that point I felt I was in this other place... and now having to wait a week to watch, is just killing me. and its only 22 minutes.
F*ck...I did the same thing about a year ago...though with fewer episodes ofc.

You don't sound nutty, we wouldn't so specifically watch anime if it consisted only of the documenting of a day to day life. We (I speak for myself hoping that my reasons are reflective of others') watch it because the characters go through something unique or different to our own lives. Not to say we can't relate to them. Quite the opposite, we relate to them despite their very much more interesting circumstances (with good shows at least). The gamut of human emotion is something we can all understand, anime characters go through the same emotional responses we do just on a greater scale, with more heroic deeds.

Nietzsche, amongst other great thinkers, suggests that plain happiness or contentment is not beneficial for humans or at least not humans striving to excel. What he champions is running the range of emotional development, putting oneself through fear, hatred, depression along with ecstasy, enlightenment and love; so what you say about needing some disastrous catalyst to kick start your life is not crazy at all.

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"
Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 22:06   Link #34
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Interesting Rare.

Maybe I really should take the first plane to Iraq or Somalia and voulenteer as a red cross worker, trying to get the jobs in the worst and most hostile zones. I will live through fear, agony, disease and death alright.

But then it makes me think... what if I will go blind down there, or loose a leg... go home and be in a chair for the rest of my life? will that be worth it, just because I wanted to feel alive?

but thats not how anime characters think, right. They can die, in their world at any given moment and sometimes they do. Perhaps if we lived and died like them, everything would be more emotional and beautiful?

I was not a big fan of the movie, Troy, but in that movie, I remember that Achilles says that the gods envy the humans, because every second could be the humans last, while the gods where same and immortal for all eternity.

It's stupid. Perhaps there sits a poor poor boy in Rwanada with no arms, who has no family, and who has no bright future, but perhaps still are more happy than me.
Old 2007-02-10, 22:49   Link #35
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Hmmm ofcourse at least of the houses in the animes are better looking lol.
Hmmm what anime to be in. ALways liked the gakuen heaven school uniform and school. 0_0 way better looking than my school. Ouran host club any of the richie people's house would be nice to have.
Old 2007-02-11, 06:58   Link #36
Ikematsu
Ganbatte!

Quote:
yes. EXACTLY mate. My life is boring and ordinary.

And yet nothing has happened to me... I dont live in a country full of war or pain or disease and I have never lost anyone close to me and I have never been treated bad.

It sounds insane... but its almost like that I want something bad to happen so I got a point to live or accomplish something. People say, go out and help strangers, but for that you need an initiative.

(...)

My parents did not get killed by an evil monster, my land was not ravaged by war, i did not got cheated or treated unfairly.

Look, I guess I can relate to what you're feeling but I doubt you'd like it if something bad happened to your familiy or a war broke out in your country. Anime is anime after all. Something completely unrealistic.

Most people who lose their parents get depressed and mourn over their loss. They don't go to a great adventure and travel the whole world in search for something. People who get caught up in a war tend to suffer from the experiences and memories for the rest of their lives if they aren't killed. It's nothing you should wish for. People are not as they are portrayed in an anime. How many persons do you suppose could fight on if they got their legs or rips broken or lose their limbs?

If you really want to go on an adventure then get out of your room and start living. Meet friends and get to know new people. Travel the world and learn new things. If you really want to learn how to fight then go to a temple in China where they teach Kung-Fu or look for a course in whatever you like in your city.

I know I sound like I want to spoil your fun but you need a reality check. (No hard feelings)
-Ikematsu
Ikematsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 10:03   Link #37
Kaasman

Damn you people take it too serious :P i wouldnt like fighting all the time.... im rather a nerd then a blown up strong guy ( i am that irl ) so a nerd is way more fun
Old 2007-02-13, 06:52   Link #38
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaasman View Post
Damn you people take it too serious :P i wouldnt like fighting all the time.... im rather a nerd then a blown up strong guy ( i am that irl ) so a nerd is way more fun
lol.I got that that.Like that guy in Lovehina.
Old 2007-02-13, 07:54   Link #39
Lost

Quote:
This might be a stupid or childish question, but after watching this AMV( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Gvr5uvOBI ) I started thinking about something.

Have you guys ever felt so attached to an anime or liked it's universe so much that you almost wish that you could live in it? In a way... ?

I kinda have... While watching Naruto. Yeah I know it's really silly, but then again is it really that strange? Who don't want to be a ninja, and not having to worry about all the trivial stuff of our normal boring lives?

Anime in general is just so cool, and to me it leaves so much more to the imagination. I don't watch Lost, Prison Break, 24 or Heroes or some real television shows and think, "wow I wish I could live in that universe", but I kinda do that with some of the anime I like.

Am I a freak?
To be honest, I have wanted to be part of the Mai HiME universe. It became a bit disturbing later, because I remember getting recurring dreams of being Shizuru's clerk (you know, 2nd in command to her in her Father's company) in the Mai HiME universe, at a time when I was studying very hard for major examinations (I was really screwed up during that time, at times everything around me was a haze). Thus, to me, such wants to be in an anime world is a form of escapism. At other times, generally, whenever there is a character I like and want to protect or comfort, I too wish that I could be in their world doing so. Ultimately it underscores the powerful influence of anime, or for that matter, media in general. I guess it just so happens that Anime can be so much more deeper and relatable to than other forms. It also shows that spending too much time alone in your room staring at a monitor with fictional characters in imaginary worlds screws with your emotions and priorities.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 09:27   Link #40
Kaasman

Well it never screwed me over :P