Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-15, 16:13   Link #2041
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Passive-aggressiveness towards me won't really solve anything on either end. Debate, and debate well. That's all that needs to be done. I've brought up points from the show to defend my position, and you can do likewise.
No nooo I'm not being aggressive towards you, Im just still sore and pissed at the car accident.

I dont mind if they turn up lesbians or not. its the so called "Hints" that annoy me. If you guys would just admit that it can go both ways and pretty much anything can happen. then it would be for the best.

because face it.. theres too much evidence of both sides that anything can happen
Old 2011-06-15, 16:14   Link #2042
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for usual plethora of gifs, enjoy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
Episode 11 lacks the animation budget to animate the concert. The animators spending all their budget on animating Yukikaze's jiggling breasts.

y'know, that reminds me of something...
Old 2011-06-15, 22:50   Link #2043
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's more than just the song, it's the camera shots chosen around the song. It cut to Leonmichelle first, and during the song, Shinku was blushing around Eclair, and their relationship had been building up earlier. So by process of elimination, this song about wanting your feelings to reach someone (which is one of the running themes of the show), must be directed at Leonmichelle by process of elimination and, once again, taking the show's overarching themes into account.
Honestly, the order they showed Leon isn't that important. I could very well argue that since they showed Shinku much much more than they showed Leon during that scene, it was much more meaningful towards him.

But honestly, that's just speculation and it very well might not mean what we think it means, if it even means anything at all. For all we know, it could be because Shinku and Leon are the most important of the characters, but Shinku needed to be shown with the group because Leon was apart from them.

When was Shinku blushing around Eclair? I thought it was Eclair blushing around Shinku?

As for the development between Shinku and Eclair, I wouldn't be surprised. The relationship between Milli and Shinku has seen development throughout the entire series, while Shinku and Eclair basically only have development on the battlefield and in the very beginning of the series. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just the reward for Eclair fans who feel as if she didn't have enough meaningful development throughout the rest of the series.

Honestly, you could also argue that the song was a prelude to the impending development between Shinku and Milli in the next episode [I mean, there's summoning issues. I seriously doubt there won't be any development]. Shinku and Eclair having development in the series doesn't exclude Shinku from the feelings in this song.

I think that there are yuri undertones though. I just don't believe that Shinku was excluded from the song.

Also, just marathoned episodes 7-11 today. In my opinion, the buildup was kinda weak [Although I liked the pacing, I couldn't help but keep in mind that this was just after the war], the final battle with Shinku and Milli was nice, and Yukikaze and Brioche are great characters. Yukikaze and Eclair are easily my favorites though. Episode 11 needed more Brioche.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 22:54   Link #2044
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ this is what i've been tryin to say XD I'm just VERY bad at discribing stuff...
Old 2011-06-16, 02:33   Link #2045
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'd like to seal myself in those.
And suffocate to death like a pillow in your face.

Be careful what you wished for.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 03:08   Link #2046
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
No nooo I'm not being aggressive towards you, Im just still sore and pissed at the car accident.

I dont mind if they turn up lesbians or not. its the so called "Hints" that annoy me. If you guys would just admit that it can go both ways and pretty much anything can happen. then it would be for the best.

because face it.. theres too much evidence of both sides that anything can happen
It's Nanoha x Fate vs Nanoha x Yuuno all over again. Tsuzuki must be fucking desperate.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 04:27   Link #2047
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's Nanoha x Fate vs Nanoha x Yuuno all over again. Tsuzuki must be fucking desperate.
Haiz... another Shipping War... I'm sick of it already...
*Prepares the Phone Microwave to send 'Cinque x Milly 4ever!' *
Old 2011-06-16, 05:15   Link #2048
Enternal

Yes I totally agree with OceanBlue. From what I see, there are quite a lot of development for Milli and Shinku. Furthermore there's a lot of history between Leon and Milli. Therefore I think it's normal that there are strong feelings of how close Milly is to Shinku or Leon. It's just that now people are arguing who is more and who is less which makes it more fun I guess.

@ Kyero Fox
Lol! You are pretty bad at describing things hehe. Good thing OceanBlue helps you right? Hehe.

But... who cares! Milly x Shinku! Muhahahaha! Also seeing this episode, it just reinforces at least to me that Leon is a very charismatic leader while Milli is a total morale booster. Pretty awesome I would say especially when the countries have close and good relation to one another.

Oh yeah! About the chant from Yukikaze, it sounds as if she have been a live for a very long time? But dang, can this series really be 13 episodes? Because they can't just show Yukikaze and Brioche's past without going more into it can they? Aaargh I want more!!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 07:01   Link #2049
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

*back from checking Pixiv*

See ya, .. I'm gonna go commit suicide now.......

Spoiler for why suicide?:

this is one of the major reasons i turn my head at yuri sexual stuff, but i guess this kind of hentai is enivitable.
Old 2011-06-16, 07:28   Link #2050
Dahak86
Classics never age

I think you're overreacting...
Old 2011-06-16, 07:35   Link #2051
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

There are yuri pairings that work...
and there are yuri pairings that dont work...
Milly and Leon-chan falls on the Don't work category...
Old 2011-06-16, 07:43   Link #2052
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Nah, it only seems that way because Leon and Milly have basically been antagonists for the entire series. If they wanted, a few more episodes or a new season can change that.
Old 2011-06-16, 08:03   Link #2053
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I think you're overreacting...
I prob am...but /shiver..I need to sleep it out of my head.
Old 2011-06-16, 08:06   Link #2054
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithKurogane View Post
Huh? Of course it works, it actually falls on the "it could work" catagory XD
Old 2011-06-16, 11:10   Link #2055
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Judging from the ongoing argument, I can safely call the bone throwing at yuri and hetero shippers a cheap trick from Tsuzuki to distract people from the actual weaknesses of his writing. Hell, it have worked for Nanoha!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 12:05   Link #2056
Midonin
Last Engage

Throwing all the blame on the writer for a debate the fans started amongst themselves seems a little misguided. The staff was just trying to tell an action story, this whole shipping debate (something I rarely, if ever get involved in), is at least half my fault. I'm willing to take the blame for starting it. It's cool.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-16, 12:08   Link #2057
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

its all okay! its a freakin anime. Let's all spit in his face and just agree that milly is a very loving and caring person. And so is leon. Hell most of the people in this anime are generaly very kind. Have we met one ass in this anime?
Old 2011-06-16, 14:34   Link #2058
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
its all okay! its a freakin anime. Let's all spit in his face and just agree that milly is a very loving and caring person. And so is leon. Hell most of the people in this anime are generaly very kind. Have we met one ass in this anime?
Goodwin?

*runs away from gigantic ball and chain*
Old 2011-06-16, 14:50   Link #2059
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Naaa he's kind of like the tough nice guy

Hell even he said the war was a bad idea.
Old 2011-06-16, 14:59   Link #2060
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Judging from the ongoing argument, I can safely call the bone throwing at yuri and hetero shippers a cheap trick from Tsuzuki to distract people from the actual weaknesses of his writing. Hell, it have worked for Nanoha!
You act as if this hasn't happened in every harem anime since forever. It isn't something Tsuzuki only does. People watch different things for different reasons. I didn't play Ar Tonelico because I considered it the pinnacle of high writing.

Edit: To clarify, in my case, it's just expectations. There's no point in discussing the quality of writing to me because I never expected too much, nor did the series attempt to sell too much. On the other hand, I did grow attached to the cast as I expected, and I got a fun adventure in a fantasy land as I expected. The series did what I expected it to do well enough.

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen