AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 04:50   Link #581
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mari's true personality is going to be entertaining. I liked her outburst.

So, what the hell is Sogen? A girl's name, or something else?
Old 2012-07-24, 05:21   Link #582
Xaturas

They all go in a bus trip and then fell down a clif, the end.
Or one of School Days ending where main couple walks and the black haired girl jumps and splash her brain on the concrete in front of them, or the one where black haired girl slashes the short haired neck on the bridge. (Heck I watched all avaible video-rips from School days game, all of them, even the fuced up yaoi thing)

I didn't read the chapter yet, but from what I can get, we go to square one.

So Chitoge is still the promised, girl but she doesn't have the key of the promised girl.

Now author really did go wtf retcon, Mari isn't a promised girl yet she do have her key, for god sake did she mob it out of her or something ^^.

Anyway I still like this series, even though its silly-dumb at times, it still hundred times better than GE or KNIM and their forced dramas and shenanigans.
Old 2012-07-24, 05:24   Link #583
Azuma Denton
~AD~

I dunno who is who, what is what anymore...

The pace sure is fast...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 06:06   Link #584
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Are this Author stupid or something?

in the 2 previous chapter, she already introduced herself as Mari
and then in this newest chapter Raku said: "Aru you Mari ?!"

either Raku have bird brain or short term memory I don't know anymore

btw,
intro page is quite funny, Raku in a tea cup and Tsugumi biting Mari's hand
didn't she introduce herself as Marika ?

also, tbh, by the end of the chapter I'm not so sure anymore whether noobita might have been right about the trap theory or not
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 06:07   Link #585
Awrya
U mad?

A violent tomboy? Isn't that already Chitoge's position?
Like the pace, after nearly confirming the promised girl in one chapter, suddenly she isn't in the next. Conclusion in the next chapter, then we go back to school life for a while.
Old 2012-07-24, 08:16   Link #586
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

chitoge is the tsundere, marika is the yandere, kosaki is just the ono-dere

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 08:30   Link #587
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Just finished the scanlation. What the hell is "So you've forgotten about sogen" =.=". Sometimes I really think these translators should do some research for thing that they don't know the meaning of about instead of just making up words by deducing to translate faster =.=". It will also enrich their language knowledge.

The real Japanese word Marika said was "Sogen no koto made wasuretokka?" which is hakata-ben(hakata dialect) for "Sonna koto made wasuretakka?(did you even forget about that?)". The words Marika said after that part was all using Hakata-ben, which shows the difference between the ojyou-Marika(using normal Japanese with ojyou-sama speech pattern such as desuwa) into the real-Marika(a country girl using Hakata dialect) which triggers the protagonist memory of her.

Also, to answer surerman's question, the protagonist calls her Marie(a long i ending), which I suppose is her nickname, which is why the protagonist doesn't recognize her when she introduce herself as Mari(they sound a little similar, but a Japanese will be able to differentiate them, just like how they can differentiate -o and -ou).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 08:39   Link #588
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
chitoge is the tsundere, marika is the yandere, kosaki is just the ono-dere
Chitoge: Tsundere
Marika: Apparent Goudere but hidden Yandere [Not to be confused with the typical Yandere from Yanderu (Mental Illness) but from Yankee (Thug)]
Onodera: Dandere
Tsugumi: No clear -Dere type yet.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 09:07   Link #589
Diveman

Tsugumi is also a tsundere, but more tsun than chitoge, but also much more cute imo.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 13:00   Link #590
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Just finished the scanlation. What the hell is "So you've forgotten about sogen" =.=". Sometimes I really think these translators should do some research for thing that they don't know the meaning of about instead of just making up words by deducing to translate faster =.=". It will also enrich their language knowledge.

The real Japanese word Marika said was "Sogen no koto made wasuretokka?" which is hakata-ben(hakata dialect) for "Sonna koto made wasuretakka?(did you even forget about that?)". The words Marika said after that part was all using Hakata-ben, which shows the difference between the ojyou-Marika(using normal Japanese with ojyou-sama speech pattern such as desuwa) into the real-Marika(a country girl using Hakata dialect) which triggers the protagonist memory of her.

Also, to answer surerman's question, the protagonist calls her Marie(a long i ending), which I suppose is her nickname, which is why the protagonist doesn't recognize her when she introduce herself as Mari(they sound a little similar, but a Japanese will be able to differentiate them, just like how they can differentiate -o and -ou).
Thanks for clearing the Sogen thing up. It makes a lot more sense this way.
Old 2012-07-24, 13:38   Link #591
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
and here i was thinking Sogen would be the name of a future plot device item/occasion
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:40   Link #592
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

Ah so that's explain it...
Thanks for the clearance...

Then what happened between Marika and Raku??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:14   Link #593
kazzuya13

Quote:

That is also my question after reading this chapter. And thanks to you it made a lot more sense now.

To clarify the promised girl has long hair

As it shows Onodera has short hair in the past as well as Marika
The only remaining is Chitoge. Which wouldn't be surprising cause they are the original main characters from the one shot after all.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:20   Link #594
amasposu

I generally don't read their scanlation so I didn't even know they mistranslated that dialogue. (The thing that bothers me about their translation is that they use unnecessary curse words in every single chapter. It is kind of weird. I am not sure if they still do it though. o_o;)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:22   Link #595
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
I generally don't read their scanlation so I didn't even know they mistranslated that dialogue. (The thing that bothers me about their translation is that they use unnecessary curse words in every single chapter. It is kind of weird. I am not sure if they still do it though. o_o;)
Yup they do.
It may look weird and out of place, but frankly it gives me small giggles here and there. Sometimes I'm just tired of all the formal and polite talking that you can see in each and every manga.

Though I have to agree HS students cursing left and right may get boring after some time.
Old 2012-07-25, 16:42   Link #596
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT YOUR CHILDHOOD CRUSH WHEN U BASICALLY HAVE A RECIPROCATED TEENAGE LOVE? FFS
this manga seriously pisses me off
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:45   Link #597
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT YOUR CHILDHOOD CRUSH WHEN U BASICALLY HAVE A RECIPROCATED TEENAGE LOVE? FFS
Four actually...

Trolololololol
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 02:21   Link #598
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
The mangaka cares... The longer it goes, the more money he makes.
Old 2012-07-26, 04:58   Link #599
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Four actually...

Trolololololol
give it another few chapters and that number will increase ^^

maybe we might have a ninja next >>
Old 2012-07-26, 06:13   Link #600
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Agreed. Why care about the past when you have 4 girls lusting for you in PRESENT?
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life