AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-22, 10:13   Link #2281
Kirarakim

Oh yes the ending of Mai Hime!

It might not be fair to judge a series based on its ending but it honestly ruined the series for me. It's still one of my favorite OSTs by Yuki Kajiura though
Old 2013-02-22, 10:41   Link #2282
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I thought the ending was the only good part. Well okay, it and either ep 15 or 16 (whichever had that school raid).
Quote:
I can’t speak for everyone.
I can speak for Toho Kingdom, Kaiju Phile, Evageeks, and MAHQ.
Old 2013-02-22, 10:48   Link #2283
kitten320

Mai HiME was one of my favourite and first anime series. The reason is simple, I liked the idea in second half.
Spoiler for spoilers:

I hate when people call it magical girl show because it looks nothing like one. Mai Otome does and I'm not big fan of those series but Mai HiME is unique for me. It doesn't give me a typical Magical girl feel. It has nice action, entertaing cast of characters, amazing soundtracks and good build up.

In no way are those series perfect but they are good, especially for something that is considered "magical girl" show that annoy me.

Ending did wish to be better.

Madoka Magica for me is an improved version of Mai HiME. If HiME series had similar ending, it would've been so much better.

Madoka Magica is different from typical magical girl shows because instead of being cute it has a lot of dark and psychological themes going on. It has dark and depressing moments, characters die and we don't have an all happy end. I also like animation style for when witches appear, I think it is very unique and of course great sound tracks. For me Madoka is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Magical Girl shows which are all fluffy and happy.

Once again it is not perfect and needs some improvements but over all it provided something new and engaging for me.

Didn't like Nanoha season 1. Madoka clearly borrowed some ideas from there but executed them 10 times better. Nanoha simply didn't click with me and despite trying to be dark it never was.
Old 2013-02-22, 11:51   Link #2284
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

HST, but something tells me this is one of those things where half is hate and half is love.

Cowboy Bebop. Yes, Spike was a bad ass...past that the whole show was horrid. Edward (Red haired kid) didn't make it any better. I even watched 12 episodes to see what was so good.

Was it the worst anime ever? No, not even close. Is it as good as people say? No, not even close.

I liked the movie a lot though.
Old 2013-03-05, 05:29   Link #2285
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Current List:

Quote:
Heaven's Lost Property (Sora no Otoshimono)
Highschool of the Dead
Qwaser of Stigmata (Seikon no Qwaser)
Infinite Stratos
To-LOVE-Ru
My Bride is a Mermaid (Seto no Hanayome)
Kampfer
The Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima)
Medaka Box
Fairy Tail
Is This a Zombie? (Kore wa Zombie desu ka?)
Fate series - I don't hate this franchise, in fact I can see the appeal it has towards others, however my sole experience with the series is the Fate arc of the original visual novel and I just found it incredibly dull. When I think about it, the concept of a war between magicians and their familiars is hardly a unique concept either and it really did nothing to stand out for me, so I'd say it qualifies here.

Monogatari series - I have a very love/hate relationship with this franchise. On the one hand, the visual style keeps me baffled and intrigued all the time so I'm compelled to watch every new installment. However there's a statement I've read before that plainly calls it "artsy smut", and when you really get down to it that's largely what it is. The real appeal of the franchise people seem to find escapes me.

Negima! - The main reason I don't like this is that it's just not my thing. A very large female cast with none I really like and I don't think the male main character is very cool. The only thing I really found interesting was the "Neo Pactio" concept from the "Negima?!" spin-off, but considering that's from a spin-off the exposure is unfortunately very minimal.
Old 2013-03-05, 14:07   Link #2286
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Current List:

Fate series - I don't hate this franchise, in fact I can see the appeal it has towards others, however my sole experience with the series is the Fate arc of the original visual novel and I just found it incredibly dull. When I think about it, the concept of a war between magicians and their familiars is hardly a unique concept either and it really did nothing to stand out for me, so I'd say it qualifies here.

Monogatari series - I have a very love/hate relationship with this franchise. On the one hand, the visual style keeps me baffled and intrigued all the time so I'm compelled to watch every new installment. However there's a statement I've read before that plainly calls it "artsy smut", and when you really get down to it that's largely what it is. The real appeal of the franchise people seem to find escapes me.

Negima! - The main reason I don't like this is that it's just not my thing. A very large female cast with none I really like and I don't think the male main character is very cool. The only thing I really found interesting was the "Neo Pactio" concept from the "Negima?!" spin-off, but considering that's from a spin-off the exposure is unfortunately very minimal.
You hate Kore Wa Zombie Desuka!?
Why!? D:
Ayumu is like the BEST harem lead ever.
Old 2013-03-05, 15:24   Link #2287
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
You hate Kore Wa Zombie Desuka!?
Why!? D:
Ayumu is like the BEST harem lead ever.
To quote one of my earlier posts:

Quote:
The only positive I'd give this series is that I at least like it's concept of a zombie, which is way more unique compared to other things I have seen. Otherwise it's shit. I couldn't care less about the characters and I rarely find it funny.
I will concur Ayumu was the best thing about the show for the most part, but after the second season pretty much everything I liked about him disappeared and therefore he can't hold up the series for me anymore like he originally did in the first.
Old 2013-03-06, 01:29   Link #2288
webkid94
*Author

Pretty much anything that's made by Visual Arts/Key *prepared to get lynched*. Well, Angel Beats was decent but rushed.

The rest:
Guilty Crown (it's more of an "Ahaha, this show is fun to laugh at" type of hate)
Sword Art Online
Naruto
Working!!
Another
Tari Tari
Old 2013-03-06, 19:31   Link #2289
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just deleted the folder Seikon NO Qwaser

Spoiler for Reasons:
Old 2013-03-06, 19:44   Link #2290
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I hate Haruhi (yet I endured Endless Eight on a dare... I still bear trauma from that), Oreimo and OreShura, all for the same reason -

- An annoying main (female) character that has no (in my opinion) redeeming points that make them interesting to me in the slightest. Even if the supporting cast is good, I just can't bear to watch an anime where the title character annoys the hell out of me, since those are bound to get a lot of screentime.
Old 2013-03-06, 21:31   Link #2291
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I disliked the ending of Mai Hime... I forgot what its was... but I really didn't liked it....
lol You disliked it so much you forced it out of your memory.

Alas, I do remember it, and I disliked it too. I don't want to get into spoilers here, so let's just say that I felt the ending was totally off-key moodwise given the dozen or so episodes that came before it.
Funny thing is, I rewatched Mai-HiME a couple of years after I first saw it expecting to have issues with the ending... and didn't actually find it all that bad. :lol: Now its one of my all time favorite anime series, something I hadn't really expected it to become back when I was first introduced to it.

Your mileage may vary however.
Old 2013-03-07, 01:21   Link #2292
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Reasons:
Wait ... you collected it in the first place not knowing that?

(I never wasted a byte on it, rofl)
Old 2013-03-07, 01:30   Link #2293
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Shit happens.

Thank god most of anime series I ended up despise I got it from some friends who gave them to me (to be copied and deleted later on). Not much effort (if not at all)
Old 2013-03-07, 01:52   Link #2294
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

(I never wasted a byte on it, rofl)
NSFW
Mature language
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Shit happens.

Thank god most of anime series I ended up despise I got it from some friends who gave them to me (to be copied and deleted later on). Not much effort (if not at all)
Yeah, but most were got in spare time... hehehe
Old 2013-03-07, 04:47   Link #2295
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:

Spoiler for Reasons:
Quote:
NSFW
Mature language
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yeah, but most were got in spare time... hehehe
I'm going to tell Qwaser of Stigmata was my first ongoing series I watched in its entirety. I also started reading the manga version of it, and I found the anime to be quite good despite only mostly following the manga's story (season 1 at least). I liked the darker aspects of it, since I was looking for a show to follow the same aspects as my previously loved harem manga, Negima!. The second season seriously dissapointed me a lot, and while the concept of the first half was pretty good, it goes downhill later and the ending makes me want more so much I even started reading the other manga chapters, and there's not even a hint of announcement concerning the future anime plans. I'll admit that if I rewatched it, I'd just dismiss as a average high-tier ecchi show with little redeeming value, but even with that, I will hold to my precious memories of it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-03-07 at 06:46.
Old 2013-03-07, 07:41   Link #2296
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I dunno...
For me there is a certain appeal in not holding back when it comes to movies.
So many others are on the fanservice train too, but they all try to maintain a facade of being something else. Usually leads to a bland and boring experience.

Qwaser does not do that. It is totally open about being a perverted show and it uses the freedom gained from this to do things in more awesome and extreme way. I respect it for that.

btw. Qwaser is not the only show like this.
I'd say you can rougly divide all fanservice shows into two categories, based on how hones they are with themselves.

honest, mostly awesome:
Qwaser
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Sora no Otoshimono
Highschool DxD
Queens Blade

not honest, usually boring:
Infinite Stratos
all shows containing "Onii-chan" in the title
all shows containing "Imouto" in the title
Medaka Box
Dog Days
Ebiten
lots of other shows that are easily forgotten
Old 2013-03-07, 07:47   Link #2297
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Everyone loves Seikon no Qwaser? Unless I had a very bad acid trip I just can't unsee that statement.

Back to topic while I already mentioned this but I just want to make a comparison between SnQ with School Days, a shitty anime that almost everyone loves, for very, very bad reason.
Old 2013-03-07, 23:00   Link #2298
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Everyone loves Seikon no Qwaser? Unless I had a very bad acid trip I just can't unsee that statement.

Back to topic while I already mentioned this but I just want to make a comparison between SnQ with School Days, a shitty anime that almost everyone loves, for very, very bad reason.
I was under the impression that School Days is WIDELY hated...
And people who like it, only love the final episode.
Old 2013-03-07, 23:06   Link #2299
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I was under the impression that School Days is WIDELY hated...
And people who like it, only love the final episode.
I only watched 8 minutes of the ending.... the only part of the series I ever watched. Though I'm glad about ending "execution" of the anime * laughs hard, overrall it's garbage as a romance theme anime... IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post

btw. Qwaser is not the only show like this.
I'd say you can rougly divide all fanservice shows into two categories, based on how hones they are with themselves.
Like Queen's Blade Series... the same reason I dropped them all..

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-03-10 at 22:32. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2013-03-07, 23:10   Link #2300
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Dunno if I would say that "everyone seems to like" Seikon no Qwasar, though.... :\

At least, like School Days, that was definitely _not_ my impression.