AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 13.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-01, 13:24   Link #21
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Let hope for season 3 !! As for Shaige being preached and punched by KAMIjou , ain't so bad considering he shall get his own harem soon and plus one loli
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 13:40   Link #22
tsunade666

They will probably put that scene in Index III. Because that will be appropriate with the current problems in England and France which is from vol 17-18 and also this part is only introduction to the real war and god's right seat.
Old 2011-04-01, 14:16   Link #23
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Just waitin for Subs but I am disappointed they didn't go with the V.14 prologue.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 14:42   Link #24
tsunade666

They didn't even do any foreshadow. Unlike the ending of S 1 though I can understand because they really cramped the whole SS into 2 episodes or rather 1.5 episode -_-
Old 2011-04-01, 14:50   Link #25
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
They didn't even do any foreshadow. Unlike the ending of S 1 though I can understand because they really cramped the whole SS into 2 episodes or rather 1.5 episode -_-
They even cut out the whole thing with the church girls but thank god that was cut or idk what would've happened.

*sigh* JC Staff...... I find it also kinda funny the Art Director was the one from Railgun. Tough the main director was the guy from Season 1 and im just left wondering why the suddenness for SS1 to be animated.
Old 2011-04-01, 15:05   Link #26
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
im just left wondering why the suddenness for SS1 to be animated.
My guess is that they didn't want it in S3. Hopefully it will be executed then this season then...
Old 2011-04-01, 17:12   Link #27
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

They cut out the Accel-Awaki trash talk. I am disappoint. Also, I am a bit disappointed that they cut out the Necessarius part as well since I was looking forward to Angelene having a near-death experience due to eating umeboshi and it was mildly important because Sasha went there to ask what they what do about the war.

Hamazura looks more pathetic here than I imagined, but he got the Touma punch baptism so he'll start becoming gar soon.

Also, I do have to applaud JC Staff for putting her in there. Not gonna say anything more.

Awaki vs. Komaba:

Spoiler for ss volume 1 skill out:

Accelerator vs. Komaba:

Accelerator and Musujime's trash talk:

Kanzaki and the washing machine, part 2:

Spoiler for ss volume 1 russian roulette:

Accel and Misuzu:

Spoiler for ss volume 1 the two leading roles:
Old 2011-04-01, 17:16   Link #28
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

A glimpse:

Unintended teamwork:

Enter, third hero:

Epilogue:

Spoiler for ss volume 1 the present target:

That concludes TAMNI II. Overall, I think JC Staff did a decent job but still disappointed me at parts. I do like how they animated certain scenes almost exactly like the novel illustration counterparts, like with that last shot of GROUP.
Old 2011-04-01, 17:19   Link #29
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Is it possible they rushed into SS because they wanted to show the girl in the phone as LN fanservice???? Nah.
Old 2011-04-01, 18:53   Link #30
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the Group members are going to try an counterattack?, I'm all for it.

So a new mystery loli is shown.

LO waking up at the end was great, especially how she asked to see Accelerator.

Kind of upset that Accelerator and Touma didn't get to talk
Old 2011-04-01, 19:22   Link #31
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
It wasn't a bad episode story-wise, though I really didn't like how they 'squeezed' certain events in. I only read up to the Accelerator vs. Komaba part of the SS1 volume, but everything else seemed apparently rushed. I did like that final scene with GROUP at the end. For this episode 7/10.

But the whole season in itself didn't let me down, it was quiet a fun ride, but I really hope they don't do something this again near the end of season 3. I will plan on reading some more of the LN in baka-tsuki soon.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 19:56   Link #32
Soraya21

I think the overall episode was good. Nice execution for the fight scenes and scene transitions flowed better than I thought it would despite how much material was cut. Still, like what others have already said, a lot of details felt odd, missing or were left under-explained. A few others gripes I have about the episode include:

LO and Hyouka's insertion into the epilogue felt off, or it's more like they had been left on pause since the end of the previous arc and are only now getting their resolution after an episode and a half later.

And did Touma really take that bad of a beating from Shiage? Dude's able to face off against the highest class of magicians and espers alike and he still gets sent to the hospital after taking a few whacks in a street fight.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 20:05   Link #33
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Is it possible they rushed into SS because they wanted to show the girl in the phone as LN fanservice???? Nah.
No, IMO it was rushed because they wanted to show Hamazura.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 20:40   Link #34
judasmartel
*Author

Not that good as a season finale, but if the LNs have enough material for a third season, I will be expecting one.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 20:40   Link #35
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

It was pretty stupid for the higher-ups to decide to kill Mikoto's mom isn't it? Or am I not understanding anything. I mean if the news spread that she was killed, won't people be more worried and bring their children home? + biribiri would be devastated, we don't want that right?

I'm actually not against having another arc in the last two episodes. I mean I already gave up with Index having a conclusive ending back in season 1 so what's the point in having a conclusive ending now. Besides, knowing JC Staff, the third season is probably on the works. So no need for good ending because there will definitely be a third season.

So I guess its time for all you index fans to experience what Shana fans has been experiencing for a long time. Wait for 3-4 years for a sequel HAHAHA. Sad part is this series is actually interesting.
Old 2011-04-01, 20:44   Link #36
Kyouka
Is Here

enjoyed this series very much this season accelerator was bad ass now lets prey that we dont wait another 2 years agian for a season 2
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 20:45   Link #37
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
It was pretty stupid for the higher-ups to decide to kill Mikoto's mom isn't it? Or am I not understanding anything. I mean if the news spread that she was killed, won't people be more worried and bring their children home? + biribiri would be devastated, we don't want that right?
not really, since it's Mikoto's mom that got killed, not Mikoto herself. Plus if the news spread, it would say whatever the directors want it to say

as for Mikoto's feelings, AC doesn't give a fuck about it
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 20:53   Link #38
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
not really, since it's Mikoto's mom that got killed, not Mikoto herself. Plus if the news spread, it would say whatever the directors want it to say

as for Mikoto's feelings, AC doesn't give a fuck about it
I care. And her huge fanbase.

I mean wouldn't people suspect that Mikoto's mom was killed so that people won't go away from the city if Mikoto's mom was killed. Or are the people obliviously dumb and don't develop conspiracy theories like I do with my government?
I'm not getting the point at all sorry
Old 2011-04-01, 21:00   Link #39
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
I care. And her huge fanbase.

I mean wouldn't people suspect that Mikoto's mom was killed so that people won't go away from the city if Mikoto's mom was killed. Or are the people obliviously dumb and don't develop conspiracy theories like I do with my government?
I'm not getting the point at all sorry
Mikoto's life is at risk precisely because she wants to take Mikoto from the city. You're forgetting that the Academy City itself covers up things on the dark side (like the SISTERS project) and that nobody knows who Misuzu is since she's from the outside.
Old 2011-04-01, 21:07   Link #40
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Mikoto's life is at risk precisely because she wants to take Mikoto from the city. You're forgetting that the Academy City itself covers up things on the dark side (like the SISTERS project) and that nobody knows who Misuzu is since she's from the outside.
Well if she does get killed won't Mikoto react somehow. And a lot of people know Mikoto in Academy City. I mean isn't it a bit too risky?

Tags
final episode thread