AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 18:05   Link #1
animejunkie

Yu-Gi-Oh! TV (1st Series)

How come if Yu-Gi-Oh! is a a Licensed anime. It still on animesuki torrent list?
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 18:13   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The Yu-gi-oh on animesuki torrents is Yugioh "Season Zero"...Before Yugioh Duel monsters became a series there was a series where Yugi played many different "death games" with people who would cause trouble...This series shows how Yugi and Joey (Jonoichi), and the rest orginally become friends...Be warned Yu-gi-oh season 0 is not like Duel Monsters...It has extreme language, violence, ecchiness, and adult themes (One episode talks about prostitution while another has Yugi making someone shoot themself with a gun)...This is the reason the series was never licensed or dubbed because it is more extreme then the kids series...Kaiba even has green hair in this version where he sends many people to try and kill Yugi....

@jpwong...hahaha beat you to it ;p
Old 2006-07-19, 18:14   Link #3
jpwong

Because YuGiOh is not licensed. However, the show "YuGiOh Duel Monsters" known in the states as YuGiOh, is licensed. The original series is much darker than the Duel Monsters and GX series which probably contributes to it not being licensed.
Old 2006-07-19, 18:24   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

If you have a look at the Yu-Gi-Oh! TV page on AnimeSuki you will see this note.
Quote:
Please note that this is the first series of Yu-Gi-Oh!, which has never been licensed. 4Kids say they will not license and air this first series on TV, presumably due to the content which is supposedly a bit violent.
Or have a read of the above two posts as they give a better explanation

P.S. Since the original Yu-Gi-Oh! TV discussion thread was lost, I will move this thread into the Fansub forum and use it as the new discussion thread.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 18:34   Link #5
animejunkie

Thanks for the wonderful explanation!!
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 07:02   Link #6
Long_Dead
R.I.P

Yu-Gi-oH Help needed...

What i want to know is were to start there seems to be two versions of the anime so is it a follow up or a remake? Thats what i want to know... and if remake were do you start?

(After i have seen the answer, if im unable to delete the thread my self please do it.)
Long_Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 07:07   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

they follow up each other :
-Yugioh
-Yugioh! duel monsters.

the first "season" was more focalised on yugi and his addiction to the games, and also how he solved the millenium puzzle, and how he ended with Katsuya jono-uchi (AKA Joey), Honda (Tristan) and Anzu (Téa)

the above season should be watched first, but it was completely ignored by the US adaptation...
Incidently, this season is the most interesting, plot and character development wise. (and it prevents people thinking that everything was only about... cards. unfortunately, Takahashi got overboard due the uprising popularity of the first card arc in the manga with Yugi and Kaiba and the Blue-Eyes White Dragon matter)

if only takahashi didn't linked the cards with the millenium thing, and stopped the mess after the pegasus arc ~~
Old 2007-03-18, 12:38   Link #8
Super Ska Master

Yeah, he kinda ruined the entire series with those damn cards. I don't know what kind of loser would actually find the episodes after this season enjoyable.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 10:25   Link #9
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
If I remember correctly, Takahashi said the thing with the card game was unintended - Kaiba and the cards were to be a one time thing, but Takahashi and Weekly Shonen Jump got swamped with letters requesting more stories with the card games, so he and his editors tied the card games in and they eventually became the focus of the series.

Which is a shame. I like the characters and would have been interested to see where it would have went without the cards - of course, it probably wouldn't have been as popular without that merchandising component.
harukamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:00   Link #10
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Some things particularly to note about the first YuGiOh! anime are:

1. The first series has a total of 27 episodes.

2. Honda (Tristan) has a crush on a girl, Miho Nosaka. She also forms part of the main cast, but she was not transferred to the Duel Monsters series. In fact, she appeared during the first volumes of the manga, but she mysteriously vanished once the Duelist Kingdom arc started in the manga.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 22:04   Link #11
kairi10116

this is probobaly an old board, i found it by google, but....

the first series anime was originally called yu-gi-oh: the shadow games and was based off of the first 7 books in the yugioh manga. it took place before duel monsters, and was made by a completely different company. the famous Toei animation. The series was violent (but in contrast to other animes it really isn't.) and had a much better storyline and characters, in my opinion, that duel monsters.

Duel monsters was the series licinced in the united states by 4kids, season zero, was never dubbed and remains only in japan and in fansubs.

hope this helps!
kairi10116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 05:22   Link #12
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi10116 View Post
this is probobaly an old board, i found it by google, but....

the first series anime was originally called yu-gi-oh: the shadow games and was based off of the first 7 books in the yugioh manga. it took place before duel monsters, and was made by a completely different company. the famous Toei animation. The series was violent (but in contrast to other animes it really isn't.) and had a much better storyline and characters, in my opinion, that duel monsters.

Duel monsters was the series licinced in the united states by 4kids, season zero, was never dubbed and remains only in japan and in fansubs.

hope this helps!
To added more to the story, when Yu-gi-oh: Duel Monsters was getting dubbed. They was trying to get Series Zero because it showed how Yugi obtained the Puzzle, how he made friends with the gang, and more (like Shonen Jump did it), but 4kids didnt want that to happen and i was reading too that they was going to try to get a another company to dubbed but 4kids stop that too.
Old 2007-12-15, 14:59   Link #13
Sailorcancer

They should show it anyways. I mean a little violence never harmed any one.

Also don't forget the purple haired girl. Forgot her name, I think it had an M in it.
Sailorcancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 20:22   Link #14
SuperDinoYoshi

Is there anywhere to get episodes after 24? I know better than to ask anyone working on the translations how much longer, but I'm new and unsure of whether the other episodes have been released, and I'm just unable to find them. Sorry for such a noobish question, but here's a noobish comment, this site is excellent, and I thank those who went through the trouble of subbing this series.
SuperDinoYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 20:33   Link #15
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoYoshi View Post
Is there anywhere to get episodes after 24? I know better than to ask anyone working on the translations how much longer, but I'm new and unsure of whether the other episodes have been released, and I'm just unable to find them. Sorry for such a noobish question, but here's a noobish comment, this site is excellent, and I thank those who went through the trouble of subbing this series.
For what I can see, the last 3 epis of this season havent been subbed yet. Im amusing you mean that and not the licensed stuff after it since you cant ask that here.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 00:38   Link #16
SuperDinoYoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
For what I can see, the last 3 epis of this season havent been subbed yet. Im amusing you mean that and not the licensed stuff after it since you cant ask that here.
Thank you very much, and yes, the unlicensed episodes.

Now, I understand, all too well actually, how difficult the subbing process is (These guys have to translate by ear, its a pain to get everything synced right) and would never want to pester anyone involved in this project. In fact, if subbing this series has been stopped, its no problem, but, could I humbly ask if they aren't going to be finished, or if I have just stumbled into them as a work in progress?

Again, I'm not trying to break the rules, or demand that they be subbed now, but is there any way to know if these are going to be finished, or if I shouldn't hold my breath? (I can't stress enough, If they are being done, I don't mind if it takes a while, I'm just curious if they are going to be done)

I suppose that this isn't one of the more popular animes, and my inquiries are getting a little annoying? Sorry about all of this.

I applaud all the efforts that have gotten the series translated as far as it got.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-03-23 at 11:13.
SuperDinoYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 18:57   Link #17
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
X3 Oooh there's a YGO (1st series) thread here!

I'm late...xD

Anyways, well I first started watchin' this like three-four years ago when a friend gave me a disc that had the the first three episodes. I was such a YGO: DM freak back then that I was like, "OMG WHAT'S THIS?! *w*"

Then on a random trip to the supermarket, I saw Yuugi on the front cover of some magazine. It was the first issue of Shonen Jump~ I was hooked immediately when I picked it up. So I collected every magazine with the first series manga. I also bought the first three manga volumes. Though when it ended..I somewhat lost interest along the way...

Though last week I decided, "What the heck, I'll finish this..." Then a few days ago I finished and now...I'm on a series 1 spree. xD Megumi Ogata makes an awesome Yami! *w*

Wow so it is true that the fans convinced them to focus the show on cards...

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 21:20   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

There was a thread for the normal Yugioh...

I'm currently re-watching all of Yugioh (DM) right now, except this time, I'm watching the Japanese version (currently on the Kaiba tournament arc).
Lots of pleasant surprises... Never knew that Jinzo's name was actually Psycho Shocker, for instance...
Also kind of shocked this was a children show, despite some rather gruesome destroying scenes... >_>

Though I am surprised at the voice acting... Some of it, especially in the first half, were rather stiff (bou-yomi).

By the way, I love DMs even after the Pegasus arc (in fact, it got better after that arc since they started following the rules), despite that a few characters, especially in the Oricalcos(sp?) arc, use horribly broken cards.
I've checked out a few episodes of the Zero season, but quit after a few episode...
I simply couldn't stand GX, and don't plan to even touch the newest season though... Which, in turn, makes it difficult to buy new Yugioh games because they have the new characters while old ones disappear.

Also,
Black Magician Girl and Rebecca (after the time skip)=
And,
Pegasus=
"De~su" "Ma~su"

I think I saw Nunnally (Code Geass) on the Swan Maiden card during Jounochi vs. Sieg battle...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 19:34   Link #19
strategos

Is the Yu Gi Oh tv series still liscense by 4 kids? We'll be able for one day to get on the state the uncut yu gi oh series ._.?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 07:43   Link #20
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Is the Yu Gi Oh tv series still liscense by 4 kids? We'll be able for one day to get on the state the uncut yu gi oh series ._.?
Yugioh Duel Monsters is still licensed by 4kids. The status of the license for the Yugioh series this thread is for is unclear/unknown. And no, there will probably never be an uncut version as long as 4kids has it.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote