AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-06-08, 10:33   Link #281
archanfels

Hayate Ex's name

Spoiler:

Funny that the author decides to introduce even more character at this point (to be fair, this one he probably planned from long ago). He has so many unsolved plots, and even more wasted character designs (seriously I follow the series and I can't remember who is this nun you guys are talking about, along w/ 300 other chars who made appearance only to never show up again). The plot is still somewhat fun (though losing my interests very quickly) and a total mess. With the introduction of this seemingly important character, the author either is gonna start wrapping things up, or has finally gone absolutely clueless.

Last edited by archanfels; 2008-06-08 at 21:11.
archanfels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 15:30   Link #282
9taileddemon

Spoiler for hayate's gf:

I think that her appearance does not mean that the manga is wrapping up to an ending at all. I think that the author is probably just trying to explain certain facets of Hayate's personality with a flashback, and probably is trying to set up some future storylines. And he might also be trying to reign in the chaos a little.

I do partially agree, there are way too many characters. Or at the least, too many girls. There needs to be more guys added to balance everything. Each time another girl appears the chaos only increases in this manga.

BTW the nun is the one who attacked Hayate in the "Butler Tiger Pit" thing and Hayate used his ultimate move for the first time ever against her robot.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 18:16   Link #283
Used Can

Can someone post of a pic of that girl's face please?
Old 2008-06-09, 18:28   Link #284
9taileddemon

Lets see if I can do it.

Spoiler for Hayate's gf:

I hope that worked
Old 2008-06-09, 22:33   Link #285
Used Can

Scary? For some reason I found them really pretty. She looks like a mysterious girl. Anyway, thank you very much for the pic, 9taileddemon.
Old 2008-06-09, 22:58   Link #286
9taileddemon

Weird. They look much prettier on her compared to the way they were on my computer.

???

I guess it must be because she is bigger.

The longer I look at her, the prettier she becomes. No wonder Hayate liked her.
Old 2008-06-10, 13:08   Link #287
Used Can

Would it be too much to ask for summaries for chapters 176, 177, and 178?
Old 2008-06-12, 16:57   Link #288
LCeh

176 was the one about Hayate and Hina. Hina was acting as one of the power rangers or something, in those costumes, and Hayate had to act with her, and didn't know it was her and grabbed her breasts from behind which really surprised her and hit him away. Not much else happened.

177, Hayate and Nagi was walking past the place they first met, in front of the vending machine, and they realized that memories are easily forgotten, so it's better to have something to remind themselves about it. So Nagi came up with the idea of taking photos, and a bunch of stuff happened, they went to various places and took pictures with various friends, and in the end, Maria asked Nagi if it was ok for her not to take a picture with Hayate alone, which Nagi answered it's fine, since they will always be together, which caused Hayate to have a flashback, with another girl saying those exact same words to him. The last panel was him replying to Nagi, muttering "yes, always together...."

Haven't read 178 yet.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 18:57   Link #289
Vaelis
Black Panther

The last page of chapter 179
Spoiler:
Vaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:26   Link #290
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder if someone can make a sig out of that.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 00:59   Link #291
9taileddemon

When I saw that page my brain just shut down completely. Seriously, I lost all higher brain functions and just stared at the screen for at least 5 minutes.

Spoiler for The last page!!!!:

I am so stunned that that happened to Hayate of all people. And so quickly. Damn. So many girls after him and after all this time they have never managed to do something like that and she does it a little after meeting him for the first time.

And it also looks so cute. And I don't know why really. It just does.

Can someone please put up summaries of 178 and 179. I really want to know what led up to that occurring.

*Goes back to oggling at that page.*
Old 2008-06-14, 01:10   Link #292
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelis View Post
The last page of chapter 179
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Hell, that girl is far too nice. I wonder what happened that cause her and Hayate to get separated. Since Hayate cried when he remembered her, would it be a fair assumption something bad happened?

Anyway, assuming that girl won't be making an actual appearance in the story, should we see this as a flag for a Nagi end.
Old 2008-06-14, 01:37   Link #293
KoroshiyaX
X

She asks him if he would like to be her butler ... What an omen...

Judging from the setting and background, either she is a super-rich girl with a godly estate, or she is not human to begin with. The better question is what would Hayate from the past be doing there, could just be his imagination or some supernatural event at work lol (super speculation)
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 01:44   Link #294
Used Can

^It's probably an event to parallel his current situation with Nagi - I wouldn't be surprised if they even met in a similar fashion. The difference will be he couldn't remain with her, but he will, most likely, be able to remain with Nagi.
Old 2008-06-14, 03:04   Link #295
KoroshiyaX
X

You can see for yourself...

Ch 179:

Spoiler:

Last edited by KoroshiyaX; 2008-06-14 at 11:39.
Old 2008-06-14, 09:18   Link #296
ellifeedn
Thinker

KoroshiyaX you better delete those pics. before a mod comes by. Just a warning.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 10:59   Link #297
9taileddemon

Well we will just have to wait and see what happened in the next chapters. (Assuming they continue this flashback.)

The reason why they had to break up is probably going to be amazingly important. Mostly because it will tell us whether there is a chance she is going to return or not.

I don't think though that this is a sign for a Nagi end. But we will have to wait and see. I don't see how this could affect the situation with Nagi because he has still thought about Athena and it hasn't changed his relationship with Nagi. Also I still really don't think he is going to end up with Nagi.
Old 2008-06-14, 17:32   Link #298
KoroshiyaX
X

I wouldn't say Nagi has the advantage.

From the ex-gf's personality, she's shown different aspects of herself... one could say it's like Nagi, Hinagiku and Maria combined into one person (balanced out of course).
Old 2008-06-14, 23:40   Link #299
Used Can

I was just saying that situation parallels his current situation with Nagi (up to some extent, that is). There was that scene where Nagi said she'd always be with Hayate, and apparently, Athena told him the same thing. For some reason, he and Athena couldn't be together anymore, but he will, most likely, be able to remain with Nagi.

So far, I've seen their relationship as that of a father and his daughter, since Nagi treats him in that way (although she has a crush for him, as well), for example, each time she thinks he's able to do anything - just like how kids think of their fathers as superheroes. Maybe he won't end up with Nagi in that kind of relationship, but he will remain by her side; so, perhaps, that means he will end up with Maria, since she in a way is, technically, Nagi's mother.

Mind you, I'd prefer a Hinagiku end.
Old 2008-06-15, 02:34   Link #300
9taileddemon

Oh. Now I understand. Thanks for clarifying that. I agree that regardless of who Hayate ends up with he will still stay by Nagi's side. I think that when she understands that then she won't get super angry and try to vaporize the person that he falls in love with.

However I disagree that they are like father daughter. I think they act more like siblings. (Even Hayate mention something like that in one of the chapter) When you talk about the "Hayate can do anything" stuff... well can't he? I mean he really is like a super hero. He is a combat butler for a reason So I think she is right with most of the time treating him like that.

I can't decide whether I like the Maria ending or the Hinagiku ending more.

With Maria it would make it even easier to stay by Nagi's side. Also they have had more embarrasing moments together then any of the other girls. (Besides Nagi.) However he would have to get used to being forced to cross dress a lot.

With Hinagiku though... I think they would just fit together well. She is super boyish. He is really girlish. I also think that after all the crap she has been put through by the writer, she should come out on top. Also she did go on that crazy date with him.

Augh! Still can't decide.

Tags
comedy, shounen