AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-17, 22:15   Link #21
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I'm not even sure how i made it through the first season, just sort of started watching and I kind of forget everything up to the end.

Oh right, it was fluff... amusing fluff. But still fluff. If I cared I would rage if they pull some sort of 'reset'. Might just watch it anyway. Maybe.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 22:42   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, despite the "ending".... it was pretty much a "nothing changed" as far as I can see. The other women seemed to be intent on chasing him anyway....
Old 2009-02-17, 22:51   Link #23
SageGaiGar
You are Next

...yeah. Atleast this means more Shiina.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 23:09   Link #24
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I actually enjoyed the first season but then I enjoy most of the anime I watch, even if it be naff, fluff or just plain bollocks

but like others, the ending was naff

will eagerly await this just for some of that "fluffy" feeling again
Old 2009-02-17, 23:32   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

I find that it's more about the journey than the destination. As long as a series provides fun during the months its airing (or days/weeks if watching at a later time), then I'm alright with it.

Haruka fit the bill of being fun, and so I don't mind a season two. On a semi-related note, N's (the seiyuu quintent that sung the ED theme for the first season) is getting an album release this month.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 23:35   Link #26
cyberdemon

any news on this?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 23:39   Link #27
Midonin
Last Engage

Well, the Nogizaka Mika's Mai Fair Radio show starts up again soon, but other than that, nothing more than what we've got.
Old 2009-06-03, 04:33   Link #28
M.Marangio

Second season announced

Well, it was overshadowed by the announcement of a new "Shakugan no Shana" anime, but ANN also reported that the Dengeki Bunko magazine will announce that the second anime season of "Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu" will start airing in October.

Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...pment-revealed
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 07:11   Link #29
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
First season started out interesting, turned into "So bad it's good" and ended as "Just plain shit."

Indifferent to a second season.
Same here. The story got stale pretty fast for me too.

If they want closet otakus and a protagonist trying to help/cover up, they need to animate this.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 19:15   Link #30
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The thing interesting about Haruka is that she's rich, the Ojou. She probably isn't rebellious enough to put her foot down in front of her father and go "I AM going to pursue my hobby, whether you like it or not!" She could easily do that, and since she can sort out her life already, her mother and grandpa would support her. Also, I'm willing to bet that it IS better if she comes out. Then, we'll see who are the ones who truly understand her, and those who are merely fawning over an idol, and cannot accept her as someone with quirks. Hell, I can see her as the one factor that could make being an otaku acceptable in her school at the very least, if not beyond.

The basic plotline of the story isn't anything groundbreaking. What IS groundbreaking is Haruka herself, her identity as an Ojou who's earned her respect the traditional way. Seriously, she needs to have more confidence in herself. Besides being an otaku, what's her weakness? Can't draw to save her life. That's it. She's probably the most Sue-ish character in a realistic setting I've seen in a while, and I mean it in a positive way. The anime's fanservice is distracting, and I don't really see how it links to the plot.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-06-04 at 19:40.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:21   Link #31
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The anime's fanservice is distracting, and I don't really see how it links to the plot.
Is fanservice EVER supposed to really link with the plot? Try reading the manga for NHnH, that has even more fanservice than the anime.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 20:53   Link #32
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'll probably stick to the LNs, given the chance.
Old 2009-06-04, 23:13   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The thing interesting about Haruka is that she's rich, the Ojou. She probably isn't rebellious enough to put her foot down in front of her father and go "I AM going to pursue my hobby, whether you like it or not!" She could easily do that, and since she can sort out her life already, her mother and grandpa would support her.
Well, to a certain degree, she did do that in the first season of the anime (episode 6), but it's mostly because Yuuto gave her the confidence of having someone who believes she's okay just the way she is and doesn't want her to change. That was actually the theme they echoed in reverse in episode 12, when Haruka stood by Yuuto even though he was poor (he believed in her belief in him). I think the major theme of the first season was "having someone who believes in you gives you the strength to be yourself".

Quote:
Also, I'm willing to bet that it IS better if she comes out. Then, we'll see who are the ones who truly understand her, and those who are merely fawning over an idol, and cannot accept her as someone with quirks. Hell, I can see her as the one factor that could make being an otaku acceptable in her school at the very least, if not beyond.
Right, I think this could be a direction they'll go with the second season (or future seasons if they end up having more). Because most of the stereotyping is about peer pressure, they'd have to win over enough people until they achieve a sort of tipping point. But, we'll see... if "Haruka's secret" ceases being a secret, that might be a sign of the end of the story.

Quote:
The anime's fanservice is distracting, and I don't really see how it links to the plot.
I think it's mostly to keep the whole affair light-hearted and fun, personally. I don't think it's too over-played in the grand-scheme of things, but that's just me. I can see how others might feel differently about it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 00:36   Link #34
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I'm not really complaining about the "service" per say. It's that personally, I've reached the point where fanservice has begin to grate.

Good observation on Haruka standing by Yuuto. However, I don't think Haruka's family has much of a problem with poverty as long as the person has integrity, is hardworking, the works. After all, Haruka's own father took on his wife's surname, and I have little doubt that Haruka's future husband will have to do the same. As her parents have shown, although her father is the muscle of the group, the true power lies in her mother, and I don't see why Haruka wouldn't follow in that tradition.

Personally, I feel that Haruka hides her secret as she is kind enough not to shatter many an admirer's dream of her being perfect. I can completely imagine a student taking the news of her being an otaku so hard that (s)he jumps off a building or something to that level of stupidity. If she is to be groomed as a successor, she would definitely know that a leader may come into conflict with popularity. Being her own woman would mean disregarding people's opinion of her at certain times.

On that note, I think Haruka's grooming to become successor would be an exciting part of the series. How would everyone handle this transition?

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-06-09 at 21:15.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 13:31   Link #35
NeoSam

The title of the second anime season:

乃木坂春香の秘密 ぴゅあれっつぁ♪
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Pyua Rettsu♪
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Pure Let's♪ (???)
Old 2009-06-09, 14:46   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The title of the second anime season:

乃木坂春香の秘密 ぴゅあれっつぁ♪
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Pyua Rettsu♪
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Pure Let's♪ (???)
Gotta love the English written in hiragana (which I know is sort of a "thing" for this series), plus the music note, which really clinches it. I assume the little "a" after the "tsu" is supposed to imply that you pronounce it "pyua rettsa"? In any case, that's quite the title -- I think we might be okay on our end with "Second Season".

Edit: Just saw the post in New Announcements -- I suppose "Purezza" makes sense too, but I'm almost more likely to believe "Pure! Let's! ♪". It's just the sort of silliness I expect of this show.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 22:11   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Failure to compute new name. Will still call it season 2 for now.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:19   Link #38
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Failure to compute new name. Will still call it season 2 for now.
Yeah. Could have just followed HnG and added a exclamation point. Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu!

Still, can't wait for the second season (NHnH!),
Old 2009-08-11, 15:17   Link #39
Midonin
Last Engage

Got the title of the OP and ED on hand.

The OP is "Chouhatsu Cherry Heart" by Milan Himemiya and Chocolate Rockers
The ED is "Himitsu Suishou! Uruto LOVE" by N's (Mamiko Noto, Mai Goto, Rina Satou, Kana Ueda and Kaori Shimizu)

Same artists as the first season, new tunes.
Old 2009-08-14, 11:13   Link #40
Knight Hawk
Lurker

C76 trailer, get it while its up.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen